Philips Lumea Prestige IPL

BRI956/00, BRI956/60, BRI959/00, etc...
Listing monitored by Philips

3.6
  • Causes Irritation Yes (2) · No (5)

Good product

It was simple to use. Feels great against my skin. I'm very happy with this product. I will recommend to my friends. I enjoy the results of this product, I feel my masks or creams being pushed and absorbed deeper into my skin!

Philips S.Philips

One of the best products I’ve bought.

I am so happy I’ve bought this machine instead of waisting more time and money at beauty salons.
At salons you need to wait 6-8 weeks in between appointments and they can be very costly. Using this machine at home means you can use it every 2-3 night meaning you get really fast results and this product works so good. I’m really happy with my purchase.

Purchased in November 2020 for $350.00.

Bee
BeeSydney, NSW

FAULTY ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED

I posted a review on here last year and nobody bothered to get back to me.
They deleted my review this has me thinking that they probably do this on a regular deleting all the negative comments. This is not right people deserve to know the true facts. I don’t want anyone to waste money like I did. I spent so much and in the end it was for nothing.
Used it a couple times and then one day all three lights started flashing I tried googling and YouTube to see if anyone else had the issue. Turns out it’s a known issue they just don’t want you to know about. Very disappointed. If your going to buy it atleast wait until it’s on special. I was an idiot and I bought it full price. I spent my savings on this trash

Purchased in November 2020 at Myer for $799.00.

IPL Machines

Find out how Philips Lumea Prestige IPL compares to other IPL Machines

Faulty product very disappointing

After 3 treatments all of the intensity lights started flashing at the same time, I have tried re-setting the device (turning it off, unplugging it, etc) and have tried letting it cool down for a while but whenever I turn it back on the lights begin flashing again. A very disappointing product.

Purchased in May 2018 for $400.00.

Irene
IreneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A worthwhile investment

Purchased in August 2020 at Myer for $799.00.

Carole
CarolePerth

Works AMAZINGLY!

I’ve been using this for 8 months and I can honestly say, it has significantly reduced hair on my body. The stragglers that grow back are finer. I’m using every month now for maintenance and even then, I am asking myself if I should stretch the duration between treatment. So easy, quick and convenient.
I have concerns on battery life when used as a cordless as I’ve read the batteries can NOT be replaced so I plug into the wall every time and works well because its quicker between zaps.
I dropped the setting down a level on sensitive areas and even then seem to be effective.
I have dark hair and olive skin.

Sunjay Guptar
Sunjay Guptar

Pleasantly surprised

Purchased in April 2020 at Shaver Shop.

Good, but caused hives

Purchased in March 2020.

Causes Irritation Yes

Other IPL Machines

Waste of money and time !

I have a skin tone type IV-V (mid brown) Wich is within the recommendations of this machine and that didn’t work at all . That was only showing that was not suitable for my skin

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for $689.00.

IPL Machines

Find out how Philips Lumea Prestige IPL compares to other IPL Machines

Manisha
ManishaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Below average product and pathetic customer service

I followed all the instruction for the products but was left with burn marks all over my hands and leg after first use.I contacted customer service but did not get any assistance rather than waiting for months with burn marks to get a response that did not make any difference to what i went through. Never ever going to buy any product or recommend Philips solely due to pathetic customer service.

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop for $399.00.

Causes Irritation Yes
Priya
PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Significant reduction in hair growth

I have used the Phillips IPL Prestige on my legs and on my arms. I made sure I have completed the recommended four sessions with two weeks gap in between the sessions. I must say my hair growth has reduced almost by 80% after the first four sessions. I have been irregular in the last 3-4 months. However, I am impressed to see that the hair hasn’t grown back much. I’m very happy with the purchase. This can be used plugged in or without connecting to the power source. Noticed that it’s quicker to use when plugged in.

Purchased in February 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $500.00.

nooor bla
nooor blajeddah

Fast Results After 4 Treatments , But High Price

I have got the philips lumea bri959 model 9 months ago
i have used it every tow weeks for 5 sessions and then once a month, I start to see results after the 4 treatments , it have seen 60% hair reduction and i continue to use the device once a month and after 8 treatments I did'n see any noticeable hair in my legs and hands , i didn't use the philips bri959 on my face, maybe i will.
I like the result i got and i hope this result stay for long,
I will write update after 6 months from now
it's somehow pricey but i think it deserve

lgravo
lgravoPerth

Absolutely love it!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for taking your time to write this review. We're glad to hear your like the product and we hope you can use it for years to come! :)

The Philips Australia Team

This is perfect, can't live without it

Loved using this product! The attachments are great to help hair loss across different parts of the body. The Lumea Prestige detects your skin tone and works its magic! So quick and easy to use.

Maria W.
Maria W.asked
Lumea Prestige IPL

Hai! I have the lumea prestige BRI954/00
And ive been doing my treatment late becuase i never have time :( can i just start again and do them on time? And ive been storing my lumea in my bathroom, i didnt know i couldent store it in a humid place, if i just remove it from there will it be ok?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Maria. Thank you for reaching out to us. We recommend using Philips Lumea once every two weeks for the first four treatments to achieve significant hair reduction results. To maintain these results, repeat the treatments every 4 weeks for 8 times. The results may vary based on your individual hair regrowth and also across different body areas. Regarding the storage of your device, we recommend that you store your Philips Lumea in a dry and clean environment, preferably not in a humid place like the bathroom.

We'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

The Philips Australia Team

Faizah W.
Faizah W.asked
Lumea Prestige IPL

Hi,
I suffer from PCOS and get very thick dark hair on my face. When I shave I tend to have beard/moustache shadows. I’m wondering if this device calms them down or does it get rid of that 4 o’clock shadow.

Rachael Q.
Rachael Q.asked
Lumea Prestige IPL BRI956/60

Hi, I accidentally left my Lumea charging for a few months. I’m concerned this will cause issues with the battery. It turns on ok but I haven’t used it again yet. I should probably ask this question once I’ve tried to use it but I just wanted to know whether to expect issues with the battery now.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your comment, Rachael. We can understand your concern here. Indeed, we can only answer this question after you used it again. That being said, it shouldn't do much harm to your battery.

The Philips Australia Team​

See all Philips Lumea Prestige IPL questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips Lumea Prestige IPL

Philips advertises the Lumea Prestige as its most effective IPL machine, offering effective and gentle hair removal.

This premium model certainly has a high number of features, including options for either corded and portable use, Sense IQ technology, a Smart Skin sensor to detect skin tone, and four precision attachments designed with tailored programs for underarms, face (chin, upper lip and jawline), bikini and body (arms, legs and face).

There are even pictures of the corresponding body area on the attachment caps for convenience. You can also manage your treatments using the Philips Lumea IPL app.

Philips recommends, according to its website, that you ‘carry out the first four treatments every two weeks, and the next eight treatments every four weeks. After 12 treatments you can enjoy six months of hair-free smooth skin.’

Of interest, the Prestige Lumea has also been awarded 5/5 stars by beautyheaven.com.au.

Compare all 8 Philips Lumea Prestige IPL

No reviews yet
CategoryIPL MachinesIPL MachinesIPL MachinesIPL Machines
Price (RRP) $799.00$799.00$799.00$799.00
FeaturesSkin Tone SensorCordlessSkin Tone SensorSkin Tone Sensor
Target Areas Bikini, Body / Legs, Face and UnderarmsBikini, Body / Legs, Face and UnderarmsBikini, Body / Legs, Face and UnderarmsBikini, Body / Legs, Face and Underarms
Power Settings5
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 8 Philips Lumea Prestige IPL