Philips Lumea Prestige IPL

Philips Lumea Prestige IPL

BRI956/60, BRI959/00, BRI954/60, etc...

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (1)

PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Significant reduction in hair growth

I have used the Phillips IPL Prestige on my legs and on my arms. I made sure I have completed the recommended four sessions with two weeks gap in between the sessions. I must say my hair growth has reduced almost by 80% after the first four sessions. I have been irregular in the last 3-4 months. However, I am impressed to see that the hair hasn’t grown back much. I’m very happy with the purchase. This can be used plugged in or without connecting to the power source. Noticed that it’s quicker to use when plugged in.

Purchased in February 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $500.00.

Causes Irritation No

nooor bla

nooor blajeddah

Fast Results After 4 Treatments , But High Price

I have got the philips lumea bri959 model 9 months ago
i have used it every tow weeks for 5 sessions and then once a month, I start to see results after the 4 treatments , it have seen 60% hair reduction and i continue to use the device once a month and after 8 treatments I did'n see any noticeable hair in my legs and hands , i didn't use the philips bri959 on my face, maybe i will.
I like the result i got and i hope this result stay for long,
I will write update after 6 months from now
it's somehow pricey but i think it deserve

lgravo

lgravoPerth

Absolutely love it!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for taking your time to write this review. We're glad to hear your like the product and we hope you can use it for years to come! :)

The Philips Australia Team

This is perfect, can't live without it

Loved using this product! The attachments are great to help hair loss across different parts of the body. The Lumea Prestige detects your skin tone and works its magic! So quick and easy to use.

Tom Anderson

Tom Andersonasked

Dear sir/madam,
"
Why is it adviced against using the Lumea on the scalp?
On a site from Philips site I read that: Recent research shows that men could use Philips Lumea on most areas of the body, except the beard (due to different hair type, thicker and coarser hair), the whole genital areas.

Kind regards

Hi there Tom,

Thank you for reaching out. The IPL technology works by heating up the pigment (melanin) in the hair and hair root underneath the skin. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase. This causes hair to shed naturally and inhibits further hair growth. Therefore, it is not recommended to be used on the scalp.
If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out to us on 1300 363 391 )Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST).
Hope this helps!

Norin allu

Norin alluasked

Hi: Please advise if the Phillips Lumea Prestige can be used over a tatoo located on the thigh?

Koni C.
Koni C.

No it cannot be used on area that has tattoo

Philips S.Philips

Hi Norin, thank you for your question. Like Koni already said, the Lumea can't be used on areas on the body with tattoos. If you have further questions feel free to reach out to us!

Joanna W.

Joanna W.asked

Is this product safe to use on the face, in particular around the chin and lip area ? Also, can you please confirm if it works on fair hair, as well as dark hair ?

Priya

Hi I have medium to fair skin and very dark hair. I have used it on face too and its perfectly safe to use. The only problem I have is we have to shave before using any IPL device. So for the first time I shaved my face I got some rashes. After IPL sessions the hair growth reduced so not much shaving required now, so comparatively less irritated skin

Philips S.Philips

Hi Joanna, thanks for asking.
Lumea is safe and gentle enough to treat your face with the device. Lumea Prestige series is suitable for use on skin type one to skin type five. Lumea Advanced and Lumea Essential series are suitable for skin type one to skin type four.

None of the Lumea models are suitable for use on light blonde, white, grey or red hair. Please find more advice below.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives