MPN: HP8280-00

Does the job

If you can get it at a good discount it’s not a bad unit. I did have to replace it after a few months after the element broke. Does the job it needs to.

Purchased in September 2018.

Hi Daniel, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us on here. If there's anything we can do regarding the broken element, feel free to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare). You can find even more contact option right here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=PERSONAL_CARE_GR%2BHAIRCARE_CA. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Looks good and also durable

I have used it for over 5 years and never comes problem ever a small one, it is cheap but low maintenance, I am very very recommend to buy it!

Purchased in June 2012.

Dry me a river

Bought this for my wife. She really likes it but her only fault is that is gmheavier than the average hairdryer. The moisture detect works, you can feel the temp reduce when needed. Great styling! I have used it myself as well and my hair definitely not as dry as it used to be! Could just be a gimmick but happy for the price and styling

The great hairdryer that is really not burning your hair.

This is an excellent hairdryer with gentle heat distribution.
The main feature of employing the infrared sensor does definetelly works.
It is not overheating your hair while this feature is turned on.
You could test it by pointing the output air flow on the palm of your hand - the temperature will never give you burning sensation. It is not because a hairdryer cannot produce hot air, but because it will push a hot air only while the initial temperature of your hand is low.

Hi there, Ellen. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review with us. we're very happy to hear the HP8280 has been working so well for you. Thanks again for the valuable feedback. We appreciate it. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Beautiful!

I love this hair dryer from the looks of it to how it runs, it's perfect! It dries my hair quicker than my last hair dryer while keeping it protected and smooth.

Hi Michelle, Thanks for sharing your review. :) We're happy if you you're happy! Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

looks great and works great!

I like how this hairdryer has an autosensor to reduce the heat when the hair is dryer - makes it so much more comfortable to use. and so happy with the colour - classiest looking dryer out there.

Hi again, Enerac, Good to hear you're a fan of the hair dryer as well. :) It does look pretty classy, doesn't it? ;) You know where to find us if you have any questions. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

not bad

got it from target. honestly, could not quite tell the differences between the technology. But so far it works just fine. No issues and the power seems just the right amount. Happy with my purchase.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're glad to hear that on average you like our HP8280 and it work just fine. Have a nice day. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

great value

This is my first hairdryer. I bought it because its lovely looking. It looks so different than other hairdryers. This hairdryer is small but powerful. When I travel, I always put it in my small baggage because it is very portable.

Hi there, Glad to hear you're a fan of the hairdryer. Thank you for sharing your kind words here. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Love it!

Ever since I have been buying my own hair dryers, they have all been Remington's.
They were alright, but I was reading a lot of good reviews on the Philips HP8270 hair dryer which was only available in 120v voltage overseas. So I jumped at the chance to get this one when it became available in Australia.

It's a beautiful device, rose gold trims on a matted white body, and the rose coloured transparent nozzle.

The operation of this is straight forward, like any other hair dryer you'll ever use. To switch on moisture protect, you press the button with the picture of a water droplet at the back of the device, a purple light indicates that it is on. It doesn't come on by default, so you will have to manually turn it on.

From my previous experience with hair dryers, I have a lot of hair so it takes a while to dry if it's on low, I always use hair dryers on high - which almost always burn my scalp! With the moisture protect mode I have never felt the familiar burn, so much so when it happened at my hair dressers I was shocked.

That aside, the noise level on this hair dryer is rather good even on the high setting.

The result is smooth untangled hair! It really is a shame that I have to follow up with straightener right after but I am very happy with it!

Purchased in July 2017 at Myer Online Store for $99.00.

Hi there, thank you very much for this elaborated review. It's lovely to hear that the hair dryer is very much to your liking. Enjoy it some more and enjoy your day! Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Fairly Avergae

I bought this hair dryer for the aesthetic look of it, compared to my previous hair dryer the power s them same. So if you do not care what the hair dryer looks like, any generic one would do the trick. All in all it is a really cool look and looks great sitting in the bathroom. I like displaying it rather than hiding it away in storage.

Thanks for your review! Looks can be quite important too if you'd like it to be part of your bathroom. If you ever have any questions or need us, don't hesitate to contact us on social media or through http://philips.com/support/. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great hairdryer

Hubby purchased this for me after reading a lot of reviews online.
I normally purchase salon brands so was a tad unsure.
However, I was quite surprised with it. The only negative is it's not as hot as other hairdyers I've used and I'm unsure if this is because of the moisture protect. It's also very pretty white and rose gold.

Hi Sarah. Thanks a lot for taking the time to review the MoistureProtect hairdryer. You're correct the moisture protect feature on this hairdryer is the reason why it doesn't get very hot. The feature measures the temperature of your hair and adapts to it, to preserve its natural hydration. This gives advanced protection to your hair and scalp from overheating, to keep your hair healthy. We're happy to hear that overall you're positive about it, and hope you'll continue to enjoy using it for a long time. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Very Happy!

This hair dryer is very stylish. Absolutely love the white and bronze colour! This model is very easy to use and my hair gets really nice and dry in less than five minutes.

Highly recommend it for anyone who likes a small and compact hair dryer.

Thanks for talking a bit about your experience with our MoistureProtect. Glad to hear it's such an asset in your bathroom as well truly helpful for your hair. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Just like any other hair dryer

Nothing special about this hairdryer that I purchased 6 months ago. It was advertised to have 'moisture protect' however I have not felt any difference. Price point is incredibly high at $109 AUD. Will probably stick to buying an ordinary/normal one next time.

Hello, thanks for taking your time to write this review and sharing the valuable feedback. If you feel like discussing this further. Please call us on: Call us 1300 363 391 Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

What is the weight of the hair dryer please. Cannot find this information anywhere. THanks
Hi Beth, Thanks for your question here. We've tried to look it up for you, but we couldn't find the answer either. We think the best option now is to call our colleagues for direct assistance. You can reach out to our team on 1300 363 391 (AU - Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) or 0800 658 224 (NZ - Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm. We hope they'll be able to give you the answer. If there's anything else we can do to assist, let us know. We'd be more than happy to help. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

hi, I am comparing between this Philips MoistureProtect HP8280/00 and Philips Pro HPS920. it seems Philips Pro is an older model without the Moisture Protect function? but why Philips Pro is more expensive than Philips MoistureProtect? please help me to work it out and make a decision. thank you. Cindy
Hi Cindy, thanks for reaching out to us here. We're happy to hear that you consider our hairdryers. Of course, we can help you out with this. Our MoistrureProtect is packed with new specs which makes styling your hair at home easier while protecting the moisture in the hair. Our Pro Hairdryer doesn't have this, but is equipped with many other specs which make this a perfect choice for professional styling. The price for both products are based on the different specs, power and the abilities of the hairdryer. You can also view the differences between the models here: https://bit.ly/2FiQpCq We hope that this makes it more clear for you. Feel free to let us know if you still have other questions. You can reach out to our team on 1300 363 391 (AU - Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) or 0800 658 224 (NZ - Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

CategoryHair Dryers