Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer

Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 4 more

• Safety

Wished they make them dual voltage considering the price

So devastated that I will have to give, well basically throw away my Dyson as I am moving abroad with my job and no longer can use it there as their voltages are lower than the one in the UK. Wished that for that price Dyson would at least thought about that since it's an expensive and innovative product!

Purchased in January 2021 at Dyson.

DON'T BUY - NOT BUILT TO LAST

Purchased in November 2019.

Nelly

NellyMelbourne, Victoria

Worst hairdryer ever

Don't waste your money. It leaves your hair feeling and looking like straw. Lots of hair damage. So disappointed with this product. My Halo and Feather Jet are far superior and half the price.

HelenMB

HelenMBPerth, WA

Really notice the difference

I bought the Dyson supersonic limited edition hairdryer about three weeks ago. The lady who sold it to me said her customers have come back to say their hair feels smooth and soft. She wasn’t lying. This hairdryer is really worth it. Adds great body, no fly-away strands, smooth and soft hair. I have shoulder length white/platinum hair (my age, not dyed). This dryer is light, compared to my recently deceased Parlux 3500, and easy to manoeuvre, doesnt hurt my shoulder or neck, and dries my hair quickly, I even use the diffuser to dry my hair off before I style. I am totally in love with it.

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys for $549.00.

Marina

MarinaSydney

I expecting more

It's not heavy, but I was expecting it to be lighter, it's not that loud, which is good, it's nice in shape but nothing special if compared to conventional dryers.

Purchased in December 2020.

The product when it works is very good, but has its flaws

Purchased at Boots the chemist.

KateP

KatePPerth, WA

Keeps cutting out

Bought my Dyson hairdryer in Nov 2018, all good until a few months ago when it started cutting out on a regular basis (read everyday). Not sure what to do as just out of warranty. Has been well looked after and filter cleaned daily. Not what I would expect from such an expensive dryer and reputable company.

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for $500.00.

Jann

JannSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best hairdryer on the market

Today I received my Dyson Supersonic hairdryer and tested it out straight away. What a fabulous appliance. Very well balanced and easy to use and hold. I have straightish but frizzy hair and just blew my hair without using a brush or comb. My hair dried with 90% less frizz than what my previous could achieve. Thank you Dyson LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Purchased in December 2020.

Dora

DoraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hello Beautiful Hair

Purchased in July 2020 for $560.00.

Jamie

JamieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crappiest Hairdryer ever

Purchased in October 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $549.00.

Jenna

JennaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big Let Down

I received this as a gift. I was so pleased with it and used it for about a month until I noticed my my hair was getting a lot of breakage and was quite frizzy. My hair was in great condition before this. I have had to return to my old hair dryer. After researching the product I found it was a common issue. At the price, that was paid, $550, I would expect my hair to be in much better condition. I contacted Dyson who said they would service it, not sure how this will help. I sent them my details so as they could arrange for the return of the product and have not heard a thing back from them.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $550.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you haven't heard from us, this is quite unusual and we are happy to help.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

Huzza1

Huzza1Melbourne

Excellent Product let down by flimsy 3 pin plug

I really like my new Dyson Hair Dryer, best have ever had but for such an expensive Dryer why do you fit such a flimsy 3 pin plug that bends easily with a simple knock.

Melbourne Sleepy

Melbourne SleepyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good while it works, the cable is a weakness

Almost 1 year old the cord broke internally and so stopped working. I decided to dismantle (voiding the warranty) to understand how such a simple fault could occur. After you carefully "break off" the switch caps dismantling is easy. The cable design is flawed due to the poor choice of both type and gauge, and will fail unless you are always careful with cable twisting and storage. Due to the moulded cable relief/barrier it is impossible to repair and replacement parts are not available to purchase.

Purchased in June 2019 for $600.00.

Shell

Shell

Its pretty good

Its nice and light so you dont get a sore hand or arm while blowdrying, it is a bit expensive though for what it is. The magnetic nozzle is alot easier to handle , i dont have a stand for it though it would be good if they sold the stands separately so I could buy one for my bathroom. I bought mine 3 years ago and its still going well

Purchased in December 2017 at Shaver Shop for $699.00.

Tina

TinaDarling Downs, QLD

What a rip off!

CoraleeAuckland, New Zealand

Seems to cause frizz for my hair, yet my other dryer does not

Sadly it seems too cause frizz and damage to my hair plus no quicker
Good position of controls, works well with a brush to curl hair
My previous dryer is better @ $80

Purchased in June 2020 for $599.00.

Coralee

Thank you, I have seen the demo's and have worked in hair dressing and can say it is not user error, sadly this dryer is not as good as a cheap hairdryer and certainly not worth the huge price tag

Great while it works

$600 hairdryer (way overpriced) and stopped working 2.5 years. Wife back to using old salon dryer that’s been going 7 years. Don’t buy ...not worth it. Dyson should improve quality if they want premium price. At $600 should expect multi years use- will be lodging complaint with ACCC and against Dyson and/or Myer for statutory consumer use rights. Expensive small appliance should last 4-5 years minimum under Aust law

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer for $549.00.

David W.
David W.
The Divine Miss L

The Divine Miss LQueensland

Painfully noisy

Makes a terrible loud high pitched noise, cannot be held near the head for any length of time because of it. I called Dyson who told me to get it replaced but being given the run-around by the site I bought it from. For the price the quality control should be much better. Incredibly disappointing.

Purchased in August 2020 at Adore Beauty for $466.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with the retailer.

Should we be able to assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

ConcernedUser

ConcernedUserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great hairdryer but!!!

Worked great for 2 years and then suddenly started to stop start, i regularly cleaned the filter, stored in a safe place and never wrapped the electrical cord.
The repair place have had it for 2 weeks, advised that it needed a new electrical cord and clean at a cost of $90. Still have not got it back waiting on them to return my call.

Purchased at Myer for $600.00.

DysonDyson

If your machine is being repaired by Dyson or an authorized Dyson Service Centre, we will be happy to follow this up for you. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you very shortly.

kevin t

kevin tMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My partner uses it every day like a ritual

Its a product that my partner can vouch for. Its expensive but serves the purpose and definitely a must have for ladies with long hair. My partner keeps raving about it even after a year later.

Purchased at David Jones Online Store for $500.00.

Monica T.asked

Hi if I bought the Dyson in Australia will it work in the USA? Do I need to buy a special adapter?

Trinket
Trinket

I’ve read that you can’t use the hairdryer outside of the country you purchased it from - even if you have an adapter - because of the differences in outlet output from country to country. Even if the adapter regulates these differences, from what I’ve heard from people that have travelled with it, the dryer won’t turn on at all.

Monica T.

That's a concern , many thanks !

DysonDyson

Thank you for your question. Apologies however the machine is not dual voltage and has not been tested on different voltages using a transformer/adaptor, we are not able to recommend this as it introduces a third party product which may damage the machine.

kks

kksasked

We are looking for a hairdryer that has an on button that only turns on and stays on if you are pushing that button.

DysonDyson

The Dyson Supersonic works with a switch that will stay in place. If slid to "on", the machine will remain on until it is slid back to off.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help. You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

VEB

VEBasked

My wife’s Dyson hair dryer cuts out after about a minute of use. We cleaned the filter and have done all the resets! Still shuts off. Why?

DysonDyson

This is certainly not to be expected and we are only happy to help.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

At $549, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of the most expensive hair dryers on the market, but its ease of use and build quality are among the features that have made it a hair care fan favourite.

Features:

• 4 heat settings, ranging from the lowest 28°C cold setting to the highest 100°C heat setting
  • Choose between 3 speed settings, depending on how much time you have available to dry your hair
  • Long 2.8m cord length for greater mobility
  • Includes a range of magnetic styling attachments, such as a diffuser, gentle air attachment and smoothing nozzle

What reviewers liked about the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:

• Despite the exorbitant price, reviewers didn’t regret their purchase and thought that this hair dryer was worth the money that they spent
  • The Dyson hair dryer worked fast, with many reviewers claiming that their hair dried within minutes of use
  • A recurring point of praise was the lightweight build of the hair dryer. It didn’t hurt to hold the hair dryer up while drying and styling hair, and it was easy to pack away to take on holidays.
CategoryHair Dryers
Included AccessoriesConcentrator, Diffuser / Volumiser, Gentle Air Attachment and Smoothing Nozzle
Number of Heat Settings4
Number of Speed Settings3
Power1,600 W
Weight659 g
AttachmentsStyling Concentrator, Diffuser, Gentle Air Attachment, Smoothing Nozzle
Colour / FinishIron/Fuchsia, Black/Purple, Black/Nickel, Blue Gold
Cord Length2.8 m

• MPN: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01, 318194-01, 323718-01, 333258-01 and 338966-01
  • GTIN13: 5025155025529