Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer

Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer

MPN: 306013-01

worth of the money!

Honestly, this is the best hairdryer I ever have! The weight is light and it drys my hair quickly and smooth without damaging the hair. I love the design, it looks very unique and chic for a hairdryer.

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer for $499.00.

Extremely disappointed

I bought the Dyson hair dryer 3 months ago. I have used it about 6 times, the reason being that it blows to hard even on the lowest setting. It hurt my eyes, I have dry eyes, and caused them to swell due to the added irritation. I found it difficult to style my hair in sections as while doing so it was blowing out another section, drying it before it could be styled. Using the defused is okay as long as it is not around my face. I feel really let down by this product. I contacted Dyson but they were not interested in my disatisfaction with the product. So for me it was a huge investment based on trusting a Dyson product, I cannot use it so have wasted my money.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

We certainly wouldn't experience any issues like this when using your Dyson Supersonic. We would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to discuss your concerns and assist further.

Excellent hair dryer from Dyson

Have tried for almost 2 years before writing this review. Love the science behind it, it does drys faster and better. An excellent air dryer, with the exceptional price, one would expect to include at least a stand or wall mount piece and that will be 5 stars.

Purchased in October 2017 at eBay for $400.00.

Great hairdryer

I used to straighten my hair everyday which left my hair pretty burnt. Although this does not get as hot as other hairdryers, it feels a lot better for your hair as it doesnt burn - it does take slightly longer to dry as a result though.

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Fantastic Hair Dryer

Bought this Dryer through a "special offer" purchase & very glad I did. I don't have thick hair but I have a lot of hair & this dryer has cut down the drying time by half & I already had a very good Italian made dryer which I had always been happy with. It has a really long cord , it is quiet & easy to handle. Excellent purchase !

Purchased in January 2019.

Can't live without it

This was an impulse purchase, but unlike most, it came with no regrets. The power on this thing in phenomenal! It dries my hair so quickly without burning. I use the smaller of the three attachments, however they are all great!

The only minor downside is that it scratches quite easily.

This is another Dyson product that does no disappoint!

Purchased in August 2018 at David Jones Online Store for $399.00.

Best Hair Dryer

Dyson has the best hair dryer, really love it. Is that good that my sister took it off from me, now waiting for next paycheck to buy for myself. Worth investing, but have to save first :P

Purchased in April 2019 at Catch for $549.00.

Not worth $500

I run a hair extensions company and thought why not use this. The hair dryer did not speed up any drying time. Massive waste of money! I complained and went back the next day and they said they will not refund. What a waste of money

Purchased in March 2018 at Tens Machines Australia for $500.00.

Love this dryer

I love this hairdryer not only because its easy and quick but also it makes your hair soft and smooth.Love the color and perfect for everyday use.Highly recommended as less damage and dryer dries the hair quickly and long lasting effect.

Purchased in January 2019 for $499.00.

Best hair dryer ever

Took me awhile to realize Dyson hairdryer is the best hair dryer I’ve ever used. With the design it’s easy to grab on to and it is light. Takes 10secs to blow dry my sons hair

Purchased in April 2019 at Dyson for $499.00.

Bought the Pro version when Dyson had special offer in mid-2018

A gift for my wife and little daughter and they like it very much.
Pro version has longer power cord, also Nickel/Silver finish looks nice as well.
Feels dry hair faster, easy to clean the filter. High recommended!

Purchased in June 2018 at Dyson for $349.30.

Best hairdryer ever

You got what you have paid for. dry my hair very quick and less damage. saved a lot of time and less effort. love the design and wont look back on others hairdryers.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer for $550.00.

Perfect

Perfect hair dryer for the price, and superior quality and future look. It is a quite expensive than the other hair dryer, but looks good and work fine, and buying during discount is a good purchase.

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Top notch hairdryer

Amazing hairdryer. Dries my hair faster than a normal hair dryer and with much less heat. My hair finishes smooth and soft from just drying alone. I have thin frizzy hair and I do not get this finish with a regular hair dryer.
Definitely worth the hefty price tag

Purchased in March 2018 at Dyson for $500.00.

Easier than ever

I got one as a Christmas/birthday present and it is amazing. It takes me about 3 mins to dry my mid length hair (halfway down my upper arm) leaves no frizz at all, styles it perfectly and leaves it super shiny. My hair feels so light after I use it and I've been complimented numerous times on how healthy my hair looks.

The only problem is that the whistling sound it has on the highest setting drives my dog crazy. She hates hair dryers generally but this one really upsets her.

Purchased in December 2018.

Great Hairdryer. But very expensive.

I love the hairdryer. I have short fine hair and it really does dry it in 4 or 5 minutes. Less if I wait 5 minutes or so before I start drying it. Then I can do it under 3 minutes. But again my hair is short and fine. I also think my hair is looking healthier. I suspect that’s due to not having to dry it for 12 minutes or more every day. And I only use my Dyson on low heat. I used to have my Parlux on a hotter setting. I also don’t need to use my straightener every day anymore. My hair is not as dry now as it used to be. And it dries easier and straighter with the Dyson. Overall I do love it.

However, I have had this hairdryer since the 16th January this year and it’s taken me until now to write a review. The reason. I’m reluctant to say it’s worth $500.

I have arthritis and I find the dryer easy to hold and the fact my hair is drying so quickly means that I’m not suffering from painful arms and shoulders like I was with my previous hairdryer.

So as much as I do find many benefits with the Dyson which for me is great and as a hairdryer I’d recommend it, I’m grateful mine was a gift. I think still think $500 is a lot of money for a hairdryer. The price is the only reason I’ve given 4 stars instead of 5.

As a side note. I received a bonus bag with mine. Dyson sell it for $69. It’s poorly designed. Just closes with magnets and if you dropped it the contents would spill out everywhere. A handle embedded into it would greatly assist with carrying it and lessen the risk of dropping it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $499.00.

Love it so much

This is my first time buying a that expensive hair dryer and i love it so much.
The hair dryer is less noisy than all the other ones when i try it out in the actual store! The hair dryer is light and easy to handle, it also dries your so quickly.
The heat will also not damage your hair!

Purchased in June 2018.

Better for your hair

As a hairdresser I was keen to try out the dyson hairdryer but put off buying one until only 6 months ago. Well I wish I didn't wait so long, I absolutely love it. It's quieter, lighter, so much better for the condition of the hair as it doesn't get as hot as my usual dryers and still just as efficient at drying not to mention the attention it gets for its streamlined design. It's well worth the money and I'd definitely recommend.

Purchased in September 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $499.00.

Amazing hair dryer

I got my Dyson hairdryer as a Christmas present and absolutely love it. Super light weight, I feel it dries my hair quicker. My hair actually feels softer too. I really love it

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Used it for almost a year

I have been using for almost a year and I can say I can't imagine using another hair dryer.

I have plenty of hair dryer from the past, and those with the long barrel and make you have the need to raise the dryer so far away from your hair is just tiring to use. This hair dryer solves that problem.

After long term use. I find that it doesn't make my hair brittle even with every day use. I am not sure the reason for it, but I have always used medium heat setting with max wind force in all my hair dryers.

Dyson's one just doesn't make my hair frizzy. I didn't notice so much difference at first until I took out my old hair dryer to compare. It is easy to get used to the better stuff and forget about how much better it really is. I was a bit shock at what my old hair dryer did to my hair. I look like a poodle the next day. It is much easier to attain a salon blow out look with dyson's.

I can see that most or all hair dryers in the past doesn't give me the effect compared to what Dyson did. I blow my hair dry at night before I sleep, in the morning it will not be that messy as compared to pass hair dryer. My hair generally needs less maintenance before going out. And I still don't understand where the magic is. Just sharing my experience here.

My husband who didnt really do much about his hair usually, start using hair dryer for his own hair to style it a little before going out. He finds it useful.

Because of the filter which not many hair dryers have. I know I am not bursting sprays of unseenable things in my hair. There is probably still some. But you got the security of knowing that it is greatly reduced.

The machine looks much cleaner. I have always notice stuck hair or lint in past hair dryers I have used. In unreachable places within the seenable area of the barrel. It is always going to be there and I can't possibly open up everything to clean inside. I probably cant put everything back in the right place. So having a easy to clean filter is rather important to me. No stuck hair, dust bunnies, lint etc in unreachable places. They are always on the outside and easily cleanable. It feels so much more hygienic. And with this, no random hair burnt smell due to stray hair touching heating device inside hair dryer.

Another bonus. Due to the design. You won't find your hair being sucked into any holes, get stuck, needing to sometimes cut off a chunk or spent time pulling out your hair off the hair dryers back.

I really have no complains in terms of design and functions even though I try hard to find one. The only complain is the price. But seeing how they seems to be quite meticulous in the process of making this product, the price seems justifiable, just not affordable.

The only way they could improve this hair dryer is probably to make it waterproof. But hey, waterproof hairdryer? Tsk.

Purchased in June 2018 at Binglee for $424.00.

Hi, what is the best converter to buy for my Dyson supersonic the new one when i travel from europe to Mexico? thank you
Apologies for any disappointment, however as Dyson machines are designed for use in the country of purchase, we can't recommend the use of a converter to use the machine in a different territory. Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch directly with us. Our helpline information is available on the serial number tag located on the power cord of your Dyson Supersonic.Thats not good, the product was so expensive and I can not take it with me when I am in vacation ? Thank you anyway

Can I use my Dyson Supersonic that I purchased in Australia when I move to Ireland later this year?
Best to check with Dyson direct. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they are designed to be used in the country they’re sold in. That may even have been on the Dyson website. However Ireland and Australia have the same voltage so you may be lucky. You might just need a UK plug as their pins are different to ours. But as I said. Please check with Dyson Customer Support. Heaven forbid you damage your hairdryer.Thank you for your query. While Australia and Ireland share the same power voltage (230V) and frequency (50Hz), it isn't advisable not to use outside the country of purchase. One of the reasons for advising against the use of machine outside of the country that they are sold in is that the machines are tested and certified to meet that countries regulations and requirements as each country has its own rules and regulations. If we can assist with any further queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We are only happy to help.

I am using a power converter in Thailand and my blow dryer will not turn on. I get lights for a couple seconds but no power. I am using a power converter but still nothing works. Did I ruin my blow dryer or is there a special converter I need to buy. Any ideas?
Think you might be out of luck. According to what I just read on Google they are not designed for international travel. Be careful continually trying it in case you wreck it. Maybe go on the Dyson website and ask themSorry to hear about this. So we can best assist you we would encourage you to contact our Dyson Experts in Thailand via service@cmg.co.th. When emailing, please include your details and the serial number of your machine. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Supersonic