Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer

4.4

• Safety
Nicole K.

Nicole K.

Dries my colored hair in half the time

The first thing I noticed was how quickly my hair was drying when using the Dyson Hair Dryer as opposed to a different brand. The different attachments allow me to play with different styles, and I primarily use the smoothing attachment with a brush. The result is a smooth, bouncy blowout.

My natural color is brunette, however, I had my hair dyed significantly lighter (almost blonde). The Dyson does not dry out or harm my color-treated hair and makes it look like I just came out of a salon!

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones for A$350.00.

Crystal

CrystalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Hair Dryer that changed my life

This hair dryer blows and dries my hair faster than all my previous hair dryers. It doesn't need much handling and its almost impossible to damage or burn your hair with it. I've been using it for 6 months and I've noticed that my hair has gotten a lot smoother, probably because it doesn't damage my hair when I dry it anymore.

It's light to hold and has a good grip, making it easier to dry my hair.

It's definitely worth the investment to buy as this hair dryer does wonders!

Purchased in June 2019 at Dyson for A$500.00.

Jolynn Chua

Jolynn ChuaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not worth the price tag

The only pro I could think of is the sound of the hairdryer. It’s not loud and noisy.
But outcome wise, other hairdryers could do a better job for way less money. Nothing special. I wished I could sell it off.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dyson for A$499.00.

bbsb007

bbsb007Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Definitely worth it

Purchased in January 2020 at Dyson for A$494.00.

Natalie Y.

Natalie Y.

Fast drying

This is a powerful hair dryer!! It comes with a stand and a few different attachments. It's easy to use and hold. It is expensive so if you aren't too fussed on how you style your hair, I don't think its worth the money.

Purchased in January 2018 at Shaver Shop for A$499.00.

Che

CheGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This helped to save my over-bleached hair

I thought I’d be a bit extra and treat myself to the Dyson Supersonic, and although $500 is a lot of money for a hairdryer I can tell you that it was worth every single cent.

I got mine with the stand and attachments and it is just so beautifully designed, if you’re a beauty and tech geek then you’ll be in heaven.

When you feel the airflow quality you’ll wonder how you ever dried your hair with anything else, the machine regulates its’ temperature constantly so it never over-heats.

If you’re still deciding but know that you’re close to pulling the trigger, do it. Combined with high quality haircare, it is a life changer.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$549.00.

weziskewl

weziskewlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dries faster than my tears after a sad emotional movie

different drier attachments make precise blow wave styles and part hair perfectly, one passing action over a wet surface and the straight and heat almost dries it perfectly in one pass.different strength and heating modes for any wet dry time solution. Dyson powered motors and EQUIPTMENT are always built to perfection and can uphold extended use at a time,it litteraly dries the moisture that my mouth is exhaling whilst I'm in jaw droppinastonished at how much in electric terms the brand the logo the company make all the difference own a lot of Dyson products and some may be expensive but in the end they last and are worth investment.

Purchased at Myer Online Store for A$550.00.

Charli R.

Charli R.

Not worth the $450

This hairdryer is good. It takes the same amount of time to dry my (very very long) hair but it dries it to the point of what I would call ‘bone dry’. However, it is heavier than my previous hairdryer and 10x the price. Literally. I wouldn’t say it was 10 x faster or 10x drier so I wouldn’t recommend paying the price. $250 would be an okay price but for all the hype and price tag, it just doesn’t measure up.

Purchased in February 2020 at Dyson for A$494.00.

Bennnnny

BennnnnyPerth, WA

Great Product

Bought this for my partner and getting ready has never been quicker. Fastest hair drying product on the market. Multiple heat and velocity settings so you get a tailored hair experience.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$699.00.

CKL

CKLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lightweight and decent hair dryer

A hairdryer we always wanted, finally able to get one at special. Decent hairdryer, very lightweight compared to our other old fashioned ones, resulted in softer hair after drying, did reduce the drying time but not by much. Dyson should reduce the RRP a little given there are others out there at fraction of the cost. But you are buying a Dyson, so you are paying for cutting edge engineering and design.

Purchased in January 2020.

Steve

SteveSydney

Our second hair dryer to die just outside warranty

Overall, these hair dryers are fantastic and I also recently purchased my wife the hair wand. However we have just had our second Dyson hair dryer die just outside warranty (14 months). Just to clarify the word die... it works for approx 2 mins then shuts off. Filter is cleaned regularly. Extremely disappointed given the cost and the fact that it is only used for general household use for no more than 15-20 mins a day. When they are new they are fantastic but not built to last sadly and do not represent good value.

Purchased in December 2018 at Dyson for A$499.00.

Annette Petrenko

Annette PetrenkoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great

I love my Dyson hairdryer. I love the heat setting they are not too hot, love the low operating noise and love the light weight of the dryer. My teenager daughter also loves it

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

Charli Bear

Charli BearGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Halved my hair drying time.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

Olga Moore

Olga MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best hair dryer

Amazing design and performance
Drys hair so gently
I bought it 60 months interest free at Harvey Norman
$24 per month would be noticeable in any budget
Why go for a cheaper brands get the best

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

sarahjanegrau

sarahjanegrauGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not the review I thought I would be writing

Purchased at David Jones Online Store for A$400.00.

Became a brick 60 days out of warranty, Dyson stood behind the quality

Early failure after warranty. Dyson stood behind their product. Very impressed with the service. The unit failed, they paid return costs and are replacing the unit with a new 6 month warranty!

Purchased in December 2017 for A$399.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While we are sorry to hear you had difficulty with your Dyson Supersonic, however pleased to hear we were able to get this rectified.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can assist in the future. We are only happy to help.

MegaPtera

MegaPteraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect!

It is the first hair dryer I bought. And can’t do without it anymore. Love the power of the blowing, the temp. adjustment options... Always even take it when I travel. It is perfect!

Purchased in March 2017 at Sephora for A$299.25.

Laur C.

Laur C.Canberra 2600, ACT

The fastest and quietest hair dryer - worth it!

The price tag is daunting but I was given a voucher and decide to pull the pin. My husband has complained about the noise of every other hair dryer I’ve owned, and I have THICK hair so the time It took to dry didn’t help that.
My favourite bits:
FAST, light (arm doesn’t wear out), the cord doesn’t twist/tangle (a miracle), and the easy store stand negates the need for a draw to shove it in or a random hook somewhere.
My least fav bits:
I’m clutching at straws here but sometimes it takes a second to turn on.
In summary: Would. Recommend.
Now to save for the curler (I’m scared to try it as I’m scared how much I’ll like it- i mean, if a company can make vacuuming sexy they probably know what they are doing)

Purchased in August 2019 at David Jones for A$499.00.

Karen P.

Karen P.

Great product, worth the expense

Lightweight and dries my hair quickly. It felt nice and full of volume. Easy to use with various settings. Compact with a good range of accessories. Very happy and worth the expense.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$448.00.

Great!

Received this for Christmas it’s so lite and work great being a hairdresser I use it in salon as well as at home love the heat setting and easy use of changing of temperature

Purchased in June 2019 for A$200.00.

ian

ianasked

hi
ive bought a dyson complete hair dryer US VERSION 110v will it work in the uk with a us plug adaptor or would i need a voltage convertor us - uk?

thanks

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Apologies for any disappointment, however Dyson Supersonic machines sold in the USA are designed to work on the US power supply with a voltage of 120V. If used on the UK 230V power supply, your machine won't work as intended and we can't recommend the use of adaptors or converters.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch. To find the contact details for Dyson Experts in your area please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact details and opening hours.

Kathy Rogan

Kathy Roganasked

I bought my Dyson Hair Dryer approximately 2-1/2 years ago. I truly loved it. I turned it on last night to dry my hair, it worked for 30 seconds then shut off and will not turn back on no lights, nothing. The filter is clean. This is horrible for a hairdryer that costs $400+ How will you help in resolving this matter? Thank you

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this and happy to help. So we can best assist, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Kelsey

Kelseyasked

Hello my dyson hairdryer when turned on will flash but then nothing. I have only had it for a few months. Please help?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We will be happy to help get this sorted. Please give our Dyson Experts a call with your Dyson Supersonic handy on 1800 239 766. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives