Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 4 more
See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Safety
The_Hidden_R
The_Hidden_RPerth, WA

Worth its big price tag!

Purchased in October 2019.

Mag
MagGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Save your money

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $489.00.

Sam L
Sam LPerth

Brilliant product and time saver

Purchased in July 2020 at myers for $599.00.

odette
odetteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best hairdryer

I love my dyson hairdryer. It is light and easy to use. It has effecient drying capacity even with my thick hair. The head attachments can be easily change with its magnetic head and very easy to manuevre while drying hair.

Frances Hillman
Frances HillmanVictoria Daly, NT

Wonderful

The Dyson hairdryer is the answer to fine hair as it gives wonderful body and helps prevent broken ends as the temperature can be adjusted so easily. The only negative to this piece of machinery is the on and off switch which is a bit dodgy and waiting for it to breakdown completely

Purchased in December 2020.

Simone
SimoneSydney

Must have beauty tool

I LOVE my Dyson hairdryer. It’s very lightweight and doesn’t overheat or ‘fry’ my hair even though it takes me a good hour to dry my thick hair. It also comes with all the necessary accessories.

It’s expensive but I would say absolutely worth it. My whole family uses mine and it’s still as powerful as when I first purchased it.

Belle
BellePerth

Best hair dryer ever!!

I have used many hair dryers over the years,I can honestly say without a doubt,the Dyson out performs them all. Leaves my hair shiny and smooth, with little effort. Happy customer.

Mellisa Siktars
Mellisa SiktarsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

THE actual best hairdryer!

I bought myself the Dyson hairdryer for my Birthday. I already had the straightener so I sort of knew I’d be happy with the dryer also. I wasn’t prepared for just how good it was! If you’re even thinking about buying one, go to a store and check it out. You’ll want one! Dries my hair in half the time, it’s smoother, silky and I do find I don’t even need to really straighten it too much after.

Purchased in July 2021.

ViviT
ViviTSydney, NSW

Best hairdryer I’ve ever owned!

The hair during is light to handle and drys my frizzy hair super smooth and very quickly. I’m saying that my hair is in the thinner side.

The sound to me is standard for a hairdryer so I would say it’s quiet though. It’s super powerful without blowing my hair around like a cyclone.

So I absolutely love my hair dryer and because of the cost I’m hoping it lasts a lifetime. I’ve had it for a year now without any issues. Also bought the stand to help store it under the sink and it works a treat. I thought the stand was expensive but I think it’s worth it for easy storage.

Purchased in June 2020 for $549.00.

Donna Mineo
Donna MineoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Curly hair? You need this dryer ➰your curls will thank you ➰

The Dyson dryer is an excellent machine for all hair types, however if you wear your curls naturally this dryer is the bomb.

Curly hair generally will turn into a frizz ball when dried with a conventional dryer. The Dyson is magical as the diffuser evenly distributes the warm air and doesn’t cause the hair to fly around. This means that your curls will ‘set’ without the frizz.

I’ve owned mine for two years without a glitch. Sure it is expensive, but my hair drying time has been halved and is more effective. All those saved hours each month add up, so it’s a real investment both for your valuable time and your curls.

It’s easy to use, fast and ergonomic. I highly recommend this little machine.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for $499.00.

N d'Cruz
N d'CruzSydney, NSW

Great hairdryer but doesn't last!

Purchased in December 2016 for $650.00.

Trudy
TrudySouth West, WA

Not the best!

Didn't work like i thought it would! The air the comes out is not as strong as you would expect. It also overheated and stopped working the 3rd day of use. Has not happened since

OliviaRej
OliviaRejGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really impressive hairdryer

I was given this hairdryer as a gift at Christmas, and whilst i originally felt like it was all marketing spin, the Dyson hairdryer has converted me. Apart from it's beautiful design, it has a lot of flexibility in settings and i've found its far more gentle on my hair compared to my traditional style hairdryer. Im a convert!

Purchased in December 2020.

Disappointed

After trying different settings and persevering i eventually returned the Dyson hairdryer as it made my hair temporarily feel
Like straw when drying it . I have gone back to
My cloud nine hairdryer and my hair feels
Fine . Very disappointed

Great until it breaks

I’ve had this hairdryer for about 2 years. It was great until it broke one month out of warranty. Serious concerns about its durability, given the cost of the unit. It is also going to cost $150 to repair the cord. It has been being “repaired” for over two weeks. Loan units are not offered and no communication from Dyson. Essentially a great hair dryer until it breaks.

Purchased in April 2019.

RenaeH
RenaeH

It has now nearly been 3 weeks. I don’t have my hairdryer and I have received no correspondence from Dyson. Very poor.

DysonDyson

This isn't what we'd expect and are keen to help. Could you please email us your details and we will be happy to follow this up and assist with a resolution.

Read more reviews - page 2

Julyta
Julytaasked

Will the US version not work in Portugal since voltage is not the same? Could I use a converter?

Cynde F.
Cynde F.asked

Can I plug my Dyson blow dryer into it extension cord?

DysonDyson

Dyson recommend plugging your machine directly into a wall outlet and can't make any recommendations around using extension cords, double adapters or powerboards.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Jimmy L.
Jimmy L.asked

Hi, the dyson hair dryer I got for my wife has a delay when she on the dryer. All function works fine. The delay is about 1 to 2 sec. And doesn't happen all the time. Is that normal?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

At $549, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of the most expensive hair dryers on the market, but its ease of use and build quality are among the features that have made it a hair care fan favourite.

Features:

• 4 heat settings, ranging from the lowest 28°C cold setting to the highest 100°C heat setting
  • Choose between 3 speed settings, depending on how much time you have available to dry your hair
  • Long 2.8m cord length for greater mobility
  • Includes a range of magnetic styling attachments, such as a diffuser, gentle air attachment and smoothing nozzle

What reviewers liked about the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:

• Despite the exorbitant price, reviewers didn’t regret their purchase and thought that this hair dryer was worth the money that they spent
  • The Dyson hair dryer worked fast, with many reviewers claiming that their hair dried within minutes of use
  • A recurring point of praise was the lightweight build of the hair dryer. It didn’t hurt to hold the hair dryer up while drying and styling hair, and it was easy to pack away to take on holidays.
CategoryHair Dryers
Included AccessoriesConcentrator, Diffuser / Volumiser, Gentle Air Attachment and Smoothing Nozzle
Number of Heat Settings4
Number of Speed Settings3
Power1,600 W
Weight659 g
AttachmentsStyling Concentrator, Diffuser, Gentle Air Attachment, Smoothing Nozzle
Cord Length2.8 m
Colour / FinishIron/Fuchsia, Black/Purple, Black/Nickel, Blue Gold
ManualDownload manual
  • MPN: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01, 318194-01, 323208-01, 323718-01 and 333258-01
  • GTIN13: 5025155025529