Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer

4.3

• Safety
Melbourne Sleepy

Melbourne SleepyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good while it works, the cable is a weakness

Almost 1 year old the cord broke internally and so stopped working. I decided to dismantle (voiding the warranty) to understand how such a simple fault could occur. After you carefully "break off" the switch caps dismantling is easy. The cable design is flawed due to the poor choice of both type and gauge, and will fail unless you are always careful with cable twisting and storage. Due to the moulded cable relief/barrier it is impossible to repair and replacement parts are not available to purchase.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$600.00.

Shell

Shell

Its pretty good

Its nice and light so you dont get a sore hand or arm while blowdrying, it is a bit expensive though for what it is. The magnetic nozzle is alot easier to handle , i dont have a stand for it though it would be good if they sold the stands separately so I could buy one for my bathroom. I bought mine 3 years ago and its still going well

Purchased in December 2017 at Shaver Shop for A$699.00.

Tina

TinaDarling Downs, QLD

What a rip off!

CoraleeAuckland, New Zealand

Seems to cause frizz for my hair, yet my other dryer does not

Sadly it seems too cause frizz and damage to my hair plus no quicker
Good position of controls, works well with a brush to curl hair
My previous dryer is better @ $80

Purchased in June 2020 for A$599.00.

Coralee

Thank you, I have seen the demo's and have worked in hair dressing and can say it is not user error, sadly this dryer is not as good as a cheap hairdryer and certainly not worth the huge price tag

Great while it works

$600 hairdryer (way overpriced) and stopped working 2.5 years. Wife back to using old salon dryer that’s been going 7 years. Don’t buy ...not worth it. Dyson should improve quality if they want premium price. At $600 should expect multi years use- will be lodging complaint with ACCC and against Dyson and/or Myer for statutory consumer use rights. Expensive small appliance should last 4-5 years minimum under Aust law

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer for A$549.00.

David W.
David W.
The Divine Miss L

The Divine Miss LQueensland

Painfully noisy

Makes a terrible loud high pitched noise, cannot be held near the head for any length of time because of it. I called Dyson who told me to get it replaced but being given the run-around by the site I bought it from. For the price the quality control should be much better. Incredibly disappointing.

Purchased in August 2020 at Adore Beauty for A$466.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with the retailer.

Should we be able to assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

ConcernedUser

ConcernedUserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great hairdryer but!!!

Worked great for 2 years and then suddenly started to stop start, i regularly cleaned the filter, stored in a safe place and never wrapped the electrical cord.
The repair place have had it for 2 weeks, advised that it needed a new electrical cord and clean at a cost of $90. Still have not got it back waiting on them to return my call.

Purchased at Myer for A$600.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

If your machine is being repaired by Dyson or an authorized Dyson Service Centre, we will be happy to follow this up for you. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you very shortly.

kevin t

kevin tMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My partner uses it every day like a ritual

Its a product that my partner can vouch for. Its expensive but serves the purpose and definitely a must have for ladies with long hair. My partner keeps raving about it even after a year later.

Purchased at David Jones Online Store for A$500.00.

Debbie G

Debbie GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

light weight but not more powerful than my parlux

I am a little disappointed after my husband spent $600 on this hairdryer as a surprise gift for me. I have a Parlux hairdryer I've been using for around 8 years and when I compare them they are identical with heat, power without the attachments. One thing that I have noticed with the Dyson is the force/pressure of the air blow reduces with the attachments connected which I haven't experienced with the Parlux, the concentrator makes it stronger whereas the concentrator makes it weaker with the Dyson. The only Pro of the Dyson in my opinion is the light weight which makes it easier for my 9 year old daughter to dry her own hair.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$600.00.

Michelle K.

Michelle K.South East Queensland, QLD

Best invest in hairdryer

As a professional hair dresser and salon owner, I recommend this as professional use and retail range as well. Light, powerful, softer wind. Very good machine.
After I tried one, I order second one as well. Very impressed.

Purchased in March 2020 at David Jones.

Anna.S

Anna.SSydney, NSW

Expensive and not really worth the money unless you can style your hair

After all the hype from my friends, I ordered it during the EOFY sale. I used to have a $25 VS sasson before that and I think the effect for both hair dryer is similar. This one saves you a little bit more time and if you're good at styling your hair then it's more worth it. Overall, it's expensive and not really worth the hype in my opinion.

S Jane

S JaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a fan

So expensive save your money. It makes my hair go so boof and frizzy have tried using different products and different brushes but cannot make it smooth. I have never had issues with any other dryer and takes about the same time to dry my hair as my GHD air dryer. It is lighter to hold maybe better for my hair but I'm not sure?

Purchased in January 2020 at Sephora Australia for A$549.00.

R E.

R E.

LOVE IT!!!!!!

The best hairdryer

The best purchase I made

I blow dry my hair in half the time and it does not make my hair frizzy.

So safe to use

BUY IT:-D

Purchased in July 2020 at Sephora Australia.

Vincent

VincentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive, but saves so much time

We bit the bullet on this hairdryer after all the hype. With a few people in our household with long hair, this has proven to be a significant timesaver in drying long hair (or short hair). It is quiet compared to normal hair dryers but so much power! We are so happy that we purchased another for our parents.

Andy B

Andy BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Christmas gift

Very powerful hairdryer.
Lightweight and very fast results.
I have long hair this hairdryer can dry my hair in 2 minutes.
The magnetic attachments are awesome so is the rubber mat.
I’ve got the promo Dyson hair brushes they are great.
Would buy again it is a premium product, but well worth the money as. It saves a lot of time.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$500.00.

V B.

V B.South East Queensland, QLD

Quick and effortless!

Buying this hair dryer was a great decision. It heats up so quickly and dries my hair fast. I have thick curly hair and this does the job in 20 minutes or less! Would recommend using with a paddle brush for hair like mine to best dry it. Only issue would be how long it takes to cool down again, but you leave it out for 10-15 mins and it’s good to put away! Love this hairdryer.

Purchased in June 2020.

Charli R.

Charli R.

Not quite worth the money

This hair dryer is great. But it’s not $500 great. It’s actually heavier than my current one. I have really really long hair and bought it because it says it will dry hair faster than a regular dryer - a process which takes me 20-30 mins as is. I thought I might get 10-12 mins back. Not the case at all. It takes the same time but does feel like it’s less harsh on my hair.

Purchased in January 2020 at Dyson for A$494.00.

Emily21

Emily21Darwin

An amazing product

The Dyson hairdryer, dries my short style haircut in less than 3.5 minutes. There’s no more frizzy bits. My hair is so straight, it looks like I’ve just straightened it. My previous ionic hairdryer took 5 minutes to dry my hair and then 3 minutes to straighten it. Highly recommend this hairdryer to anyone wanting to spend less time on their hair. It’s so much quieter compared to any hairdryer I have previously used and so lightweight too. I love it!!

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$498.00.

Lisa

Lisa

Love it!!

Love the Dyson hairdryer, it's so lightweight and quiet. I was used to having bulky hair dryers that took up lots of room. The Dyson is small and compact but powerful, looks gorge too! Love it!!

The only thing is - occasionally when I switch it on, it doesn't come on and I have to fiddle with it before it turns on! for the money, you'd expect it to work with no problems.

Other than that, I love!!

Purchased in September 2019.

Bibi

Bibi

very powerful hairdryer

Purchased at Dyson.

Sue

Sueasked

My husband bought my DYSON supersonic hairdryer directly from DYSON. It is heavier then those I’ve held in the stores. The cord is thick with a large plastic case covering the plug. The dryer works properly, but the diffuser gets hot as well as the port it attaches to.
Are all these things normal??

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Thank you for your question.

This sounds quite unusual, so we are able to assist you further please reach out using the details provided on the order confirmation email.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Sindhu

Sindhuasked

Hi, I bought my dyson hair dryer and complete hairstyle set from USA. Can I use it in india?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson Supersonic machines sold in the USA are designed to work on the US power supply with a voltage of 120V. If used on the 240V power supply in India, your machine won't work as intended and we can't recommend the use of adaptors or converters.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch. The Dyson India team are available via ask@dyson.in and happy to help.

Emily

Emilyasked

Can you please tell me where I can buy a Dyson hairdryer for use in Italy? Is it possible to order it online for delivery to Italy? Thanks for your help.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

You can purchase a Dyson Supersonic directly from Dyson in Italy for delivery via this link: https://www.dyson.it/cura-dei-capelli/dyson-supersonic/visione.html

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts can be reached via help@dyson.it and are only happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives