6Parlux 3200 Compact

2.3
4.5
4.3
Safety
Brand Manager for Parlux? Claim your listing.

SalingerC
SalingerCSydney, NSW4 posts
  3200 Compact

It's ok but I expected more for the money

It's been a few years and I got this as a powerful compact hair dryer to go away with me on work trips. It takes a lot longer to dry hair than I wanted.
Sarah J.
Sarah J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts
  3200 Compact

An amazing hair dryer - while it works, anyway

Bought it in June 2022. Have stored it correctly, used it every couple of days since purchase.
It was an amazing hair dryer, best I've ever owned - I have raved to a lot of people about it.
About a week ago, it started emitting a burning smell and the power on the hottest temperature setting suddenly diminished. It was still very useable, however.
Yesterday I was blow drying my hair and it started making a crackling sound and then I received a nasty jolt from it. I dropped it like a hot potato, pulled the cord from the socket and now I'm too afraid to use it again in case I get properly electrocuted by it.
I paid around $250 for this hair dryer. I expect better. Now I have to find a new hair dryer and burn more cash. Show details
teneille
teneilleSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts

Good, not amazing

It's a great compact hairdryer and does the job, but not as good as I thought it would be. It does take a while to dry my curly hair with a diffuser. I bought the Parlux diffuser which was useless for curly hair!! I bought a different one (Lotus) and it works heaps better but still takes a while.
Beaver
BeaverHunter Region, NSW22 posts

Disapppointed with Parlux 3200

I bought this item new 3.5 years ago for domestic use. On average I would use it for no more than1.25 hours per week. Two days ago, whilst drying my hair, sparks appeared out of front of the nozzle. I turned it off, let it cool and then tried it again and there was no heat, just air.
I would have expected a much greater life than I have. I also have a Wahl which is 15 years old and still going and reliable. Usual planned obsolescence? Show details
Safety
AndrewSmith
AndrewSmithAdelaide12 posts

Amazing hair dryer

Works really well and quickly. Don't need to use a straightener anymore. I have medium thick curly hair that goes frizzy. Dries straight with this in 10 minutes. Saves me so much time and my hair is much healthier.
knitinoz
knitinozGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC20 posts
  Verified 3200 Compact

No other hairdryer compares Best on the market

Love this hairdryer, I bought this to replace my similar Parlux model I had had for 15 years, drying everyone in the household's hair as well as my several dogs could not fault it this one I've had for 6 months or so and I'm sure will be the same it's a solid build, the body of the hairdryer does not get hot although the attachments do and it dries like no other hairdryer i've tried, probably why they use them in hairdressers. Very reliable and wouldn't buy anything else always been a good brand.

hjikshgfdkh
hjikshgfdkhMORRISONS2 posts

Durable product

Get hands are very weight, looks also very texture, a quick blow dry long hair, the key is the hair dryer power cord quality is very good, than I used the electric wind blowing well, certainly durable, very practical a product.

Dominic
DominicKITCHENER4 posts

Good product!

Great value, high heat, lasts for years, on the louder end for dryers.This is an awesome blow dryer I am a professional stylist and this works great, it never lets me down!

Keira C
Keira CAU3 posts

Great

Amazing product with amazing results. Easy storage and light to hold. Works quickly and isn't too noisy. Good investment if you use a blow dryer daily. Great price for usage.

Luke
LukePerth4 posts

smooth and nice

I absolutely love this product its so good it makes my long hair very smooth and nice it also has great heating settings it definitely the best in the market.

Alex	Beirne
Alex BeirneMatong4 posts

AMAZING

Bought this hair dryer because it's the same one my hair dresser uses.

I was really impressed with what people were saying in their reviews about the condition of their hair after using this dryer! They were right, I've had this dryer a couple of months now and my hair is always so smooth and shiny after using this dryer! I really have seen a noticable difference.

Dries my hair faster than anything else I've ever tried.

Worth the money. If you're on the fence, DO IT!

Mary Ellul
Mary EllulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC7 posts

Makes hair silky smooth!

If your a hairdresser then this is what you need, all your clients will be happy with the end result. I absolutely love it as it makes your hair silky smooth!!

Ray
RaySydney, NSW6 posts

The best

The patlux hairdryer is the best in the market. It has a stronger motor hence being lighter or of a good weight compared to cheaper models that are usually heavier but sound drained when in use. The parlux is kinder to your hair and a well manufactured product. I only purchase this brand

G Jones
G JonesVictoria4 posts

Overrated parlux crud

Used this for about 2 years and was given as a gift . Bought from an ebay seller and it was pretty genuine. After few months. I would heat my hair on full setting and wondered why there was an internal burning smell. I checked and I the smell was coming from the hair dry... I thought it was gone. But then I tried it again but on second hottest temperature and full blast wind. Tada it works! It's a bother I can't use the hottest setting though.

Veeeeeeee
VeeeeeeeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC30 posts

Wendy B.
Wendy B. · 3200 Compact

What diffuser fits on this model? The Parlux diffuser I bought falls off.

Jo L
Jo L · 3200 Compact

I think my new Parlux 3200 is faulty.
Blue switch on medium= cold air.
Blue switch on max= very hot air.
Red switch on medium= cold air.
Red switch on max= very hot air.
Blue and Red switch on medium= cold fast air.
Blue and Red switch on max= very hot fast air.
Where's the medium heat???

Alee
Alee · 3200 Compact

Where can I buy this with an Australian plug? Everywhere I've found comes with a UK plug!

blackberryjane
blackberryjane

I bought mine at Hairhouse Warehouse, in our local Westfield Shopping Centre. Mind you, it was the only one they had, but I'm sure you could order it in if your local store is out of stock.

Aphrodite
Aphrodite

SA Hair, Nail And Beauty Supplies Pty. Ltd.

Level 8, The Dymocks Bld

428 George St

Sydney NSW 2000

AUSTRALIA

As the name suggests, the Parlux 3200 Compact is a compact and lightweight hair straightener that won’t strain your arms.

Features:

• 4 heat settings and 2 speed settings allows customisation to your specific hair needs
  • Includes two attachments, a small and large concentrator nozzle, which change the air flow coming out of the blow dryer
  • An integrated silencer minimises noise to reduce disturbances
  • Available in a wide variety of colours, such as red, pink, purple, silver and black

What reviewers liked about the Parlux 3200 Compact:

• Reviewers were pleasantly surprised to find out this hair dryer was able to tame thick and unruly hair that other hair dryers were not been able to conquer
  • The Parlux 3200 Compact is light and powerful and many reviewers were able to hold the hair dryer for long periods of time without becoming tired
  • This hair dryer produces heat rapidly and efficiently, so that hair is dried promptly.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Parlux? Claim your listing.