Parlux 385 PowerLight

Parlux 385 PowerLight

PAR1207 (Black), PAR1210 (Fuchsia), PAR1206 (White), etc...

• Safety
Cathy

CathySydney, NSW

Salon Perfect Hair

This is the brand my hairdresser uses so I asked her to order one in for me - where has it been all my life ! More powerful, but less noisy than my previous hairdryers. None of that horrible high pitched whiny noise. Nice and light, takes probably half the time to dry my hair. Not sure if the magic is in the nozzle, but it doesn't blow my hair all over the place, very directional. I pop a bit of Kerastase L'Incroyable blowdry lotion on prior to protect and give my fine hair a bit of body.
I can't imagine ever buying another hairdryer. If I could give it 6 stars I would.

Purchased in August 2020 at Hairdressor for $199.00.

Techsavvy

TechsavvySydney

Great hairdryer

A great lightweight hairdryer and not too noisy like most out there, it's Italian made so it screams quality. Having said that, I don't like how the switches feel but other than that it's been great.

Purchased in April 2020 at eBay for $165.00.

Lesley W.

Lesley W.Sydney, NSW

Excellent Hairdryer!

I have a very thick and long mane that drying my hair usually takes me half an hour from your department store brands. I've never heard of Parlux before but I've seen my gym equip it in their change rooms and also my local hairdresser and boy was I surprised when I used it! It is such a powerful hairdryer that it cut down my drying time in half - though my record was 10 minutes on max heat! AMAZING! I couldn't stop gushing about it that I had to get one for myself. I've had it for 4 years now and counting, so it's a really good investment as it's a bit more expensive that your department store brands, but you get the quality that you've paid for!

Purchased in September 2016 for $230.00.

Tesalonika kartika

Tesalonika kartikaSydney, NSW

Excellent!

Great product! Great for traveling Selection of the heat and a cool air option and just right! Not too big or small. Very powerful.
only noisy not too bad though just like in the salon!

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $199.95.

Linda Poland

Linda PolandPerth, WA

Saved my life (hair)

I have had fly away, and extremely thick bushy my whole life. It’s a mop and the day I wash it by far the worst. I’ve tried every serum around. Even they didn’t tame it. I purchased this h/d today and tried it out. It came up as a good one. Wow!! It looks like hair now (like the hairdresser does). It’s great!!

Purchased in March 2020.

Joey

JoeySydney, NSW

Not what I expected

The hair dryer took some getting used to. It was lighter compared to my previous turbo professional which was great. However, 2-3 weeks ago, when I put the hair dryer in an upside down position to get to the back of my head, it started automatically turning off. This was extremely disappointing. My previous hairdryer was more than 20 years old and it only started rattling once I dropped it. I have never dropped the Parlux 385 Power Light and it's only about 2 years old.

Purchased in October 2017 at online for $190.00.

Bethanyalyce1986

Bethanyalyce1986Melbourne

Best hairdryer ever!

I love this hairdryer so much. It smooths out my curly hair effortlessly giving me an quick and easy blow wave. It's light to hold and relatively quiet. The choice of colours in fun too. I could never go back to a cheapo hairdryer.

Purchased in July 2019.

Kim

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing

I am a hairdresser and I would not buy any other blow dryer. the parlux is amazing, Light weight and powerful. Using my blow dry every day all day I need something reliable and durable and this parlux is definitely the perfect blow dry for any hairdresser. Definitely recommend

Purchased in January 2015 for $250.00.

Sara Oliveri

Sara OliveriMid West, WA

Awesome

The hairdryer is comfy to hold in your hand and looks very professional, the hairdryer is also not super loud so when Im working I can still hear my clients speaking to me.

Purchased in January 2019 for $230.00.

Rachel Landers

Rachel LandersPerth, WA

Great Dryer

It’s a Great dryer light with good airflow and temp control . I’ve got thick course hair and does not dry out hair. Light weight to hold when drying your hair.

Purchased in June 2018.

Lambeth64

Lambeth64Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love love this hairdryer

I bought this hairdryer as my hairdresser has it, and every time she dried my hair is was always soft and my hair always sat right. Now every time I dry my hair it feels like my hairdresser had done for me. Can't praise this dryer enough,I highly recommend

Purchased in July 2018 at Salon Shop.

Shantarna H.

Shantarna H.Perth, WA

Best hairdryer

I’m a hairdresser and I need to use a great dryer that will last! This is one of the best hairdryers I have ever used and it’s lasted me over 3 years!

Purchased in October 2016 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store.

Emma

Emma

Love my hairdryer

Love this hairdryer! so easy to use, just the right size and drys my hair really well. Is also super nice looking and looks great in my bath room. Love it

Purchased in March 2018.

LarryP

LarryPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best quality

My girl thinks this is the best dryer she’s used so far and the pressure is just perfect and do convenient and not too noisy and dry her hair perfectly.

Purchased in June 2018.

Geronimo

GeronimoCanberra

Great temperature, Great Speed, Long Cord!

Purchased this hairdryer after reading the reviews from this site. This hairdryer has great temperature control, fantastic air speed and the cord is super long! The best part is that with all these features it is still quiet compared to other hairdryers we have owned.

Purchased in April 2018 at myhaircare.com.au for $180.00.

Meagan W.

Meagan W.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst hair dryer ever - massive waste of money

The worst hair dryer I have ever used (and I've used $10 ones before). It made my hair so frizzy - literally worse then the $10 one! Biggest waste of money ever!!
I tried to return it as I thought it could have been faulty (surely a product that was top of the price range couldn't be such poor quality). And noone wanted a bar of it, not even the company's quality control area. I ended up selling it at a loss just to get rid of it and went back to using a cheap hair dryer (and my hair is better off for it). I couldn't believe how inferior the quality of the product is!

Purchased in December 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse for $200.00.

Cheyanna G.

Cheyanna G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast and effective!

My partner was shopping for a new hair straightener and he spent days researching the best hairdryers. I thought it was crazy that he was willing to spend over $100 on a hair dryer, but the first time I tried it I was sold! It was so so easy to use and dried my hair in half the time of my other hair dryer.

Purchased in June 2018 for $185.00.

Citychic

CitychicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great hairdryer & power

The hair dryer is on the expensive end but its worth the money as it lasts for decent amount of years. i had to replace my old one, which lasted at least 8-10 years. i like the fact that it is made in italy, its ionic and blow dries my hair straight. I have also taken it for travel overseas with me as it is light, compact and easy to pack in my suitcase. It can be slightly noisy but I can put up with the noise. i haven't had any issues with it.

Purchased in September 2018 for $160.00.

John S

John S

This is amazing

I love this product it is sleek elegant and simply amazing it blows my hair dry in about 10 minutes way better than i expected i also really like the colours of the Parlux 385

Purchased in December 2018.

Ceebee

CeebeeSydney, NSW

Confusing control switches!

I've had this dryer for over a year now and am still just as confused by the controls as when I first got it. The dryer dries fast and is light enough to hold. However I can't make head or tail of the switches! I don't know how to combine heat and speed, and can never actually get a hot temperature. It's also a problem getting a slow speed combined with a reasonable heat.

I now just push the switches randomly, having no idea how they work and I'm no dummy! I woudldn't buy this dryer again - considering the high price I expect predicable and usable controls, and a decent "How to" leaflet included in the package.

Dianne

Dianneasked

385 PowerLight

Do any of the parlux dryers come in travel size?

Lexluvzu

Lexluvzuasked

385 PowerLight

Is the PaRlux interior supposed to gradually become bright orange? I’m afraid it’s overheating or about to blow? It’s never gotten as hot as it is currently reaching to where I cannot hold the dryers body because It will burn me.

Bex
Bex

I wish someone at Parlux would address this. I bought mine two years ago and it’s doing this exact thing. It’s bright orange inside now I can only use medium heat on high to get a decent blowout. It also destroyed my YSPark diffuser with how hot it gets!!! I’m afraid it’s goibg to explode on me. My co workers parlux once blew up on him while styling a client. Flames actually came out the front luckily it was a long time client of his I’m afraid mine is going to do the same. I love my parlux but they’re proving they o Ky last two years and I don’t feel that’s what a hairstylist wants to purchase every other year

Vicki

Vickiasked

385 PowerLight

What is the best setting to dry short fine hair to create a style full of volume but not frizz. I find the 2 switches very confusing. I first like to 'rough dry' my hair, fast flow heat, then to style, medium flow heat, but often the temperature feels too hot and potentially damaging. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KRISSY
KRISSY

My hair is very thick, I use the highest setting because my hair is so thick and coarse, it does get very hot but it smooths my frizz better. Never use the high setting on fine hair even the medium setting can get very hot. I would definitely use the lowest setting with full power for your hair, you could potentially damage your hair on a higher heat setting. I don't know much about the settings really or hair but there is a customer service phone number you can call
1800 251 215 not sure if they will be much help but it's worth a shot. Good luck :)

Featured in the InStyle Best Beauty Buys Hall of Fame for outstanding performance, the Parlux 385 PowerLight is a suitable choice for those seeking salon-quality hair from the comfort of their own homes.

Features:

• 4 heat settings and 2 speed settings to accommodate to a range of hair textures (such as fine or thick hair) and length
  • Ionic and ceramic technology helps maintain healthy, static-free hair by reducing heat damage
  • An integrated silencer minimises noise to reduce disturbances
  • Available in an impressive amount of colours, including aqua, black, gold, orange, pink, purple, red, silver and white

What reviewers liked about the Parlux 385 PowerLight:

• Many reviewers had this hair dryer recommended to them by their hairdresser, as its high-quality and lightweight features made it a staple for salons.
  • The Parlux 385 PowerLight dried hair quickly and efficiently due to its powerful airflow, making it an ideal choice for those short on time.
Compare all 9 Parlux 385 PowerLight
CategoryHair DryersHair DryersHair DryersHair Dryers
Price (RRP) $272.95$272.95$272.95$272.95
Included AccessoriesDiffuser / VolumiserDiffuser / VolumiserDiffuser / VolumiserDiffuser / Volumiser
Number of Heat Settings4444
Number of Speed Settings2222
Power2,150 W2,150 W2,150 W2,150 W
Weight480 g480 g480 g480 g
AttachmentsNozzlesNozzlesNozzlesNozzles
Colour / FinishGoldOrangeBlackGreen
Cord Length3 m3 m3 m3 m
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 9 Parlux 385 PowerLight