Parlux 385 PowerLight

See the Best Hair Dryers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sara Oliveri

Sara OliveriMid West, WA

Awesome

The hairdryer is comfy to hold in your hand and looks very professional, the hairdryer is also not super loud so when Im working I can still hear my clients speaking to me.

Purchased in January 2019 for $230.00.

Rachel Landers

Rachel LandersPerth, WA

Great Dryer

It’s a Great dryer light with good airflow and temp control . I’ve got thick course hair and does not dry out hair. Light weight to hold when drying your hair.

Purchased in June 2018.

Lambeth64

Lambeth64Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love love this hairdryer

I bought this hairdryer as my hairdresser has it, and every time she dried my hair is was always soft and my hair always sat right. Now every time I dry my hair it feels like my hairdresser had done for me. Can't praise this dryer enough,I highly recommend

Purchased in July 2018 at Salon Shop.

Shantarna H.

Shantarna H.Perth, WA

Best hairdryer

I’m a hairdresser and I need to use a great dryer that will last! This is one of the best hairdryers I have ever used and it’s lasted me over 3 years!

Purchased in October 2016 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store.

Emma

Emma

Love my hairdryer

Love this hairdryer! so easy to use, just the right size and drys my hair really well. Is also super nice looking and looks great in my bath room. Love it

Purchased in March 2018.

LarryP

LarryPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best quality

My girl thinks this is the best dryer she’s used so far and the pressure is just perfect and do convenient and not too noisy and dry her hair perfectly.

Purchased in June 2018.

Geronimo

GeronimoCanberra

Great temperature, Great Speed, Long Cord!

Purchased this hairdryer after reading the reviews from this site. This hairdryer has great temperature control, fantastic air speed and the cord is super long! The best part is that with all these features it is still quiet compared to other hairdryers we have owned.

Purchased in April 2018 at myhaircare.com.au for $180.00.

Meagan W.

Meagan W.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst hair dryer ever - massive waste of money

The worst hair dryer I have ever used (and I've used $10 ones before). It made my hair so frizzy - literally worse then the $10 one! Biggest waste of money ever!!
I tried to return it as I thought it could have been faulty (surely a product that was top of the price range couldn't be such poor quality). And noone wanted a bar of it, not even the company's quality control area. I ended up selling it at a loss just to get rid of it and went back to using a cheap hair dryer (and my hair is better off for it). I couldn't believe how inferior the quality of the product is!

Purchased in December 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse for $200.00.

Cheyanna G.

Cheyanna G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast and effective!

My partner was shopping for a new hair straightener and he spent days researching the best hairdryers. I thought it was crazy that he was willing to spend over $100 on a hair dryer, but the first time I tried it I was sold! It was so so easy to use and dried my hair in half the time of my other hair dryer.

Purchased in June 2018 for $185.00.

Citychic

CitychicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great hairdryer & power

The hair dryer is on the expensive end but its worth the money as it lasts for decent amount of years. i had to replace my old one, which lasted at least 8-10 years. i like the fact that it is made in italy, its ionic and blow dries my hair straight. I have also taken it for travel overseas with me as it is light, compact and easy to pack in my suitcase. It can be slightly noisy but I can put up with the noise. i haven't had any issues with it.

Purchased in September 2018 for $160.00.

John S

John S

This is amazing

I love this product it is sleek elegant and simply amazing it blows my hair dry in about 10 minutes way better than i expected i also really like the colours of the Parlux 385

Purchased in December 2018.

Ceebee

CeebeeSydney, NSW

Confusing control switches!

I've had this dryer for over a year now and am still just as confused by the controls as when I first got it. The dryer dries fast and is light enough to hold. However I can't make head or tail of the switches! I don't know how to combine heat and speed, and can never actually get a hot temperature. It's also a problem getting a slow speed combined with a reasonable heat.

I now just push the switches randomly, having no idea how they work and I'm no dummy! I woudldn't buy this dryer again - considering the high price I expect predicable and usable controls, and a decent "How to" leaflet included in the package.

NikolezeNigelkx

NikolezeNigelkxWarragul

work well

The electric wind blows well, the design is good, it's light and easy to hold in your hand. It is very convenient to store, the sound when used is very small, very quiet, it is windy enough, even the long hair is easy to blow dry.

kbone

kbone

Worlds best hair dryer

I use mine everyday and it’s the best hair dryer I’ve ever come across , I absolutely can not live without it.
I will never ever buy another brand or dryer :)

ElleEmDee

ElleEmDeeSydney

Great customer service

Loved everything about this hairdryer until it stopped working after 2 years. BUT I contacted them and sent it back to the importer and they are replacing it! Going back to using a cheapie hairdryer whilst my Parlux is out of action has made me realise just how good the Parlux is. Thanks Parlux for such great customer service!

Suzy

SuzyGladesille

Can’t live without it!

This hair dryer is lightweight, compact and powerful! It has cut my hair drying time by up to ten minutes and straightens as well so I no longer need a straightener.

Kate

KateMelbourne

Great for professional!

This is a great hairdryer for professional hairdressers and barbers. I've been doing hair for 10+ Years and have always used Parlux brand. And have only been through 2! They last forever and is the brand I always recommend to family and friends.

Rev

RevFRANKSTON

Great quality

Was sceptical on paying so much for a hairdryer, but it's well worth the money. Have had it for 12 months now and it's as good as day one. Very light and compact which makes it a great addition to travelling. Doesn't heat up the concentrator which has been an issue with previous hairdryers

Fay Fay

Fay FaySydney, NSW

I could never live without

Great hair dryer! I noticed that my hair dries quicker with Parlux compared to other hairdryers on the market. Also, the shape makes it easy to grip and hold. Will definitely recommend.

3Kitties

3KittiesMelbourne

Love This Hair Dryer

This was a little present for myself and I love it! It is so nice to use and lives up to my expectations very well. It is compact and absolutely a breeze to maneuver around in the morning. Its compact so I travel with it but I like it more than the one we have at home. Really good quality hair dryer.

Lexluvzu

Lexluvzuasked

Is the PaRlux interior supposed to gradually become bright orange? I’m afraid it’s overheating or about to blow? It’s never gotten as hot as it is currently reaching to where I cannot hold the dryers body because It will burn me.

Bex
Bex

I wish someone at Parlux would address this. I bought mine two years ago and it’s doing this exact thing. It’s bright orange inside now I can only use medium heat on high to get a decent blowout. It also destroyed my YSPark diffuser with how hot it gets!!! I’m afraid it’s goibg to explode on me. My co workers parlux once blew up on him while styling a client. Flames actually came out the front luckily it was a long time client of his I’m afraid mine is going to do the same. I love my parlux but they’re proving they o Ky last two years and I don’t feel that’s what a hairstylist wants to purchase every other year

Vicki

Vickiasked

What is the best setting to dry short fine hair to create a style full of volume but not frizz. I find the 2 switches very confusing. I first like to 'rough dry' my hair, fast flow heat, then to style, medium flow heat, but often the temperature feels too hot and potentially damaging. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KRISSY
KRISSY

My hair is very thick, I use the highest setting because my hair is so thick and coarse, it does get very hot but it smooths my frizz better. Never use the high setting on fine hair even the medium setting can get very hot. I would definitely use the lowest setting with full power for your hair, you could potentially damage your hair on a higher heat setting. I don't know much about the settings really or hair but there is a customer service phone number you can call
1800 251 215 not sure if they will be much help but it's worth a shot. Good luck :)

blondie5asked

which parlux should i buy I am trying to decide between 3800 model and 385 ? I have very thick chin length hair

Rachael
Rachael

Hi, thanks for your question. Both models are similar, except the 385 is a lighter hairdryer (in weight). It's lighter to hold. They both have the same power output. The 385 is a bit more expensive as it's the newer model. As for your hair type, the parlux heat will help to dry your hair faster.

Crispin Review
Crispin Review

Neither! I would highly recommend the newest model just released the Parlux "Advance Light" I believe it is available from hairhouse warehouse, I've got one now and it's easily the best parlux

But out of those two you listed, definitely the 385 it's faster and lighter than the 3800

blondie5

Get an answer from our members and Parlux representatives

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1453 (Light Gold)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1453 (Light Gold)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1209 (Orange)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1209 (Orange)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1207 (Black)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1207 (Black)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1208 (Green)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1208 (Green)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1206 (White)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1206 (White)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1210 (Fuchsia)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1210 (Fuchsia)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1213 (Rosso Red)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1213 (Rosso Red)

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1345 (Azzurro Tiffany Blue)
  • Discontinued

Parlux 385 PowerLight PAR1345 (Azzurro Tiffany Blue)

CategoryHair DryersHair DryersHair DryersHair DryersHair DryersHair DryersHair DryersHair Dryers
Power2150W2150W2150W2150W2150W2150W2150W2150W