ghd Air

• Safety
T S.

T S.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't believe the hype

Wouldn't recommend. The spinning nozzle makes it very hard work to achieve a smooth finish. According to GHD this isn't a fault ! Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Much cheaper and better products on the market.

Purchased in January 2020 at Shaver Shop for $160.00.

Sharyn

SharynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Frustrating to use due to faulty nozzle

Usually love GHD products but unfortunately this one is very difficult to use as the nozzle continuously spins when trying to blow dry. Looks like a design fault from many other reviews. Would really like to know how this can be remedied.

Purchased in June 2020.

Amy W.

Amy W.Alice Springs, NT

Has the makings of a great hairdryer, but it’s not.

This could be an amazing hairdryer. The fact the nozzle continually spins makes this an incredibly frustrating dryer. It also has just 2 speeds, I feel like it should have one speed lower again.

Purchased in December 2019 for $250.00.

Concentrator nozzle useless

Great and expensive hairdryer but the concentrator nozzle constantly spins around. The point of a concentrator nozzle is that you’re able to concentrate the heat in one place which is impossible with this dryer. Would not recommend for this reason.

Purchased in December 2019.

Villa Medici

Villa MediciGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Customer Service, GHD! Thank you!

LindaH

LindaHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great but with a very badly designed nozzel

Awesome hair dryer that has one major design fault, the nozzle continually swivels. You spend far too much time and trouble trying to get the nozzle to stay where you want. Not happy!

Purchased in April 2020 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store.

Nozzle keeps spinning

Nozzle keeps spinning which is so annoying. As soon as I hit off it it moves and I've to stop to put it back which is not ideal at all for work.

Purchased in June 2020 for $130.00.

Scott M.

Scott M.Canberra 2600, ACT

Attachment spins

Bought this for my wife, great hair dryer but she is frustrated because the hair straightening attachment keeps spinning. Have been back to GHD about this and they promptly sent a new attachment but this one spins as well. Seems like a design flaw. Have noticed others having the same issues.

Purchased in December 2019 at Hair house Warehouse for $250.00.

Bruna S.

Bruna S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Silver coating from switch peeling off

Not happy! My hairdryer worked well, however l wouldn’t invest in another one.

Reason being...
Silver paint around the ON and OFF buttons is mostly peeling off!

Looks terrible and hard to handle when your using it.

Find out how ghd Air compares to other Hair Dryers

Great hairdryer - except for one thing

This hairdryer is great and doesn't damage my hair unlike my old hairdryer. However, the nozzle does not stay secured to the hairdryer and keeps spinning during use. I bought this hairdryer via RY in Dec 2019 but not sure how to get this replaced.

Purchased in December 2019 at Ry.com.au for $165.00.

Lauren W

Lauren W

Does an amazing job

This hairdryer is very powerful. It dries and style my thick, frizzy, shoulder length hair in 15 minutes. It has 2 nozzles for different air flow and a cool setting to set the hair. Very slimline with a long power cord.

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $249.00.

Wendy C.

Wendy C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Both my girls have them!

The GHD AIR is so good we ended up buying another for our other daughter a year later in December 2019. It’s light, works well as in a quick dry. The model is quiet and leaves their hair silky smooth and doesn’t dry out their hair. We were lucky enough to get a black and purple GHD and a black and blue GHD.
Girls are happy with their hair dryers.
I suggest you look around to get the best price. eBay, a hair supplier etc

Purchased in December 2019 at Oz Hair & Beauty Online store for $169.00.

Minda

MindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

GHD Air Professional Hair Dryer

I purchased my second Ghd Air Hairdryer to replace the one that died I bought back in 2014.
I purchased my new Ghd Air Hair Dryer in the kit with the brush, clips, dust bag and diffuser.
I was so excited to finally be able to use this to make getting ready for work so fast like it use to be for me with my first ghd air hairdryer.
Unfortunately it's impossible to use the hair dryer with a concentrator nozzle that is loose and spins making it impossible to get styled hair.
I am hoping GHD replace this as I only bought this 22/1/2020.

****The customer service were very helpful and fast to respond and are sending out a replacement nozzle.****

Purchased in January 2020 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $220.00.

sandraaust

sandraaustBundaberg

It could be perfect .......but for one important detail

I have always purchased GHD products but my recent one which is their hairdryer is very disappointing as the nozzle won’t stay on straight (it keeps spinning) resulting in “Unable to achieve the smooth hair I require.” I have contacted GHD but have had no response.

Purchased in December 2019 for $200.00.

Glimpseofmel

GlimpseofmelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great hair dryer

This is a great hair dryer! It comes beautifully packed in a nice sleek box with 2 different nozzle attachments and extra long cord! Feels nice to hold and use! The air flow is nice and dries my hair nicely without it looking fried. I’ve had this dryer for a couple of years. It’s reasonably priced. It isn’t the cheapest but isn’t the dearest either. I’m very happy with this hair dryer!

Purchased in October 2017.

Anna1981

Anna1981Sydney, NSW

Good value for Money

I never knew GHD makes hair dryers until i saw one of my mates using it. bought it with doubts but so far the best hairdryer i have used. It wont make your hair feel very dry after drying your hair. this dryer leaves your hair silky smooth.

Purchased in July 2018 at Adore Beauty.

Travel Hel

Travel HelSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best travel hair dryer

I purchased this hairdryer specifically to use in the USA (which has a different voltage to Australia). It worked fabulously in both counties / both voltages. (After a twist of voltage button). It's light and compact and dries hair quickly without blowing it around. I am a big supporter. I bought mine at the Shaver Shop.

Purchased in May 2019 for $99.00.

Maria

Maria

Love Love Love GHD

This Hairdryer is perfect and love love love the effectiveness on hair.I have tried few other brands and this one is best of all. Affordable and durable! Highly recommended product and you won't regret with the decision.

Purchased in April 2017.

Linh.H

Linh.HMelbourne

Love it, powerful and not too heavy

I love this hairdryer, I have previously owned a little wahl and loved that, I couldn’t justify the dyson as I don’t use it often enough to spend that kind of money on it but this one was perfect! Nice omg lead as well

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay for $130.00.

Annabelle L.

Annabelle L.Sydney, NSW

Good dr

Good hairdryer. Powerful and does the job. The only downside is that it is quite heavy. I tried cheaper models and they are not as good when I compare to this.

Purchased in July 2016.

Mary H.

Mary H.asked

My concentrator nozzle has broken and will not stay on. Where can I buy a replacement? Searched everywhere, but can not find one. Only one found and incorrectly purchased is the new Helios version which is inconveniently incompatible. Anyone not using there's and would like to sell?

Gem247

Gem247asked

I’ve attached the nozzle to my brand new GHD air hairdryer, clicked it but it spins around rather than staying in place. This makes it very frustrating to use while trying to style my hair.

Dear Gem,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you've been experiencing with your air and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

A private message has now been sent to yourself requesting some further details which will allow us to look into this for you with the relevant team.

Kind regards,

LOUISA M

LOUISA Masked

I would like to purchase an ghd air dryer how can i purchase on line?

jools59
jools59

Hi I purchased this from GHD'S website their phone contact details are on that site if you want to speak to someone about ordering from memory that is what I did. You won't regret this purchase mine is still brilliant after two years.

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

Produced by renowned hair care brand GHD, the GHD air is a powerful hair dryer that has been praised for its superior ease of use and value for money.

Features:

• Powerful motor delivers a high-pressure airflow, which dries hair quickly
  • Handle designed for left and right-handed users
  • Additional attachments, such as a diffuser and comb nozzle, available for purchase

What reviewers liked about the ghd Air:

• ghd’s friendly and helpful customer service was appreciated by reviewers, who were happy that their issues could be resolved
  • Reviewers noted that this hairdryer left their hair feeling silky smooth and didn’t make their hair feel dry
  • Some reviewers tried other brands but had ultimately decided that the ghd Air dried their hair most effectively.
CategoryHair Dryers