ghd Air

ghd Air

See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

• Safety
Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good hair dryer

I use this hair dryer and it dries my hair without any fuss. It has a very long chord which is great and would be very useful for hair dressers and stylists.
It is a little heavy but I can manage.
Pros:
Quick drying
Different settings, including cool setting
Expensive
Cons:
Is a little loud
Is a little heavy

Carlene
Carlene

The best hairdryer I’ve ever owned

I love this hairdryer! Definitely lives up to the GHD reputation of being a reliable and exclusive product. I use it daily without any issues. Relatively quiet. Good heat modes. Dries my hair within minutes - literally! I love the sleek look and black colour too! Recommend to anyone seeking a new hairdryer!

T S.
T S.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't believe the hype

Wouldn't recommend. The spinning nozzle makes it very hard work to achieve a smooth finish. According to GHD this isn't a fault ! Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Much cheaper and better products on the market.

Purchased in January 2020 at Shaver Shop for $160.00.

Sharyn
SharynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Frustrating to use due to faulty nozzle

Usually love GHD products but unfortunately this one is very difficult to use as the nozzle continuously spins when trying to blow dry. Looks like a design fault from many other reviews. Would really like to know how this can be remedied.

Purchased in June 2020.

Amy W.
Amy W.Alice Springs, NT

Has the makings of a great hairdryer, but it’s not.

This could be an amazing hairdryer. The fact the nozzle continually spins makes this an incredibly frustrating dryer. It also has just 2 speeds, I feel like it should have one speed lower again.

Purchased in December 2019 for $250.00.

Concentrator nozzle useless

Great and expensive hairdryer but the concentrator nozzle constantly spins around. The point of a concentrator nozzle is that you’re able to concentrate the heat in one place which is impossible with this dryer. Would not recommend for this reason.

Purchased in December 2019.

Villa Medici
Villa MediciGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Customer Service, GHD! Thank you!

LindaH
LindaHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great but with a very badly designed nozzel

Awesome hair dryer that has one major design fault, the nozzle continually swivels. You spend far too much time and trouble trying to get the nozzle to stay where you want. Not happy!

Purchased in April 2020 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store.

Nozzle keeps spinning

Nozzle keeps spinning which is so annoying. As soon as I hit off it it moves and I've to stop to put it back which is not ideal at all for work.

Purchased in June 2020 for $130.00.

Scott M.
Scott M.Canberra 2600, ACT

Attachment spins

Bought this for my wife, great hair dryer but she is frustrated because the hair straightening attachment keeps spinning. Have been back to GHD about this and they promptly sent a new attachment but this one spins as well. Seems like a design flaw. Have noticed others having the same issues.

Purchased in December 2019 at Hair house Warehouse for $250.00.

Bruna S.
Bruna S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Silver coating from switch peeling off

Not happy! My hairdryer worked well, however l wouldn’t invest in another one.

Reason being...
Silver paint around the ON and OFF buttons is mostly peeling off!

Looks terrible and hard to handle when your using it.

Great hairdryer - except for one thing

This hairdryer is great and doesn't damage my hair unlike my old hairdryer. However, the nozzle does not stay secured to the hairdryer and keeps spinning during use. I bought this hairdryer via RY in Dec 2019 but not sure how to get this replaced.

Purchased in December 2019 at Ry.com.au for $165.00.

Lauren W
Lauren W

Does an amazing job

This hairdryer is very powerful. It dries and style my thick, frizzy, shoulder length hair in 15 minutes. It has 2 nozzles for different air flow and a cool setting to set the hair. Very slimline with a long power cord.

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $249.00.

Wendy C.
Wendy C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Both my girls have them!

The GHD AIR is so good we ended up buying another for our other daughter a year later in December 2019. It’s light, works well as in a quick dry. The model is quiet and leaves their hair silky smooth and doesn’t dry out their hair. We were lucky enough to get a black and purple GHD and a black and blue GHD.
Girls are happy with their hair dryers.
I suggest you look around to get the best price. eBay, a hair supplier etc

Purchased in December 2019 at Oz Hair & Beauty Online store for $169.00.

Minda
MindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

GHD Air Professional Hair Dryer

I purchased my second Ghd Air Hairdryer to replace the one that died I bought back in 2014.
I purchased my new Ghd Air Hair Dryer in the kit with the brush, clips, dust bag and diffuser.
I was so excited to finally be able to use this to make getting ready for work so fast like it use to be for me with my first ghd air hairdryer.
Unfortunately it's impossible to use the hair dryer with a concentrator nozzle that is loose and spins making it impossible to get styled hair.
I am hoping GHD replace this as I only bought this 22/1/2020.

****The customer service were very helpful and fast to respond and are sending out a replacement nozzle.****

Purchased in January 2020 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $220.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Big Red
Big Redasked

I’ve just bought the ghd air and wandering if it’s normal to feel air on the handle?

Mary H.
Mary H.asked

My concentrator nozzle has broken and will not stay on. Where can I buy a replacement? Searched everywhere, but can not find one. Only one found and incorrectly purchased is the new Helios version which is inconveniently incompatible. Anyone not using there's and would like to sell?

Gem247
Gem247asked

I’ve attached the nozzle to my brand new GHD air hairdryer, clicked it but it spins around rather than staying in place. This makes it very frustrating to use while trying to style my hair.

ghd
Customer C.ghd

Dear Gem,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you've been experiencing with your air and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

A private message has now been sent to yourself requesting some further details which will allow us to look into this for you with the relevant team.

Kind regards,
ghd

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

Produced by renowned hair care brand GHD, the GHD air is a powerful hair dryer that has been praised for its superior ease of use and value for money.

Features:

• Powerful motor delivers a high-pressure airflow, which dries hair quickly
  • Handle designed for left and right-handed users
  • Additional attachments, such as a diffuser and comb nozzle, available for purchase

What reviewers liked about the ghd Air:

• ghd’s friendly and helpful customer service was appreciated by reviewers, who were happy that their issues could be resolved
  • Reviewers noted that this hairdryer left their hair feeling silky smooth and didn’t make their hair feel dry
  • Some reviewers tried other brands but had ultimately decided that the ghd Air dried their hair most effectively.
CategoryHair Dryers