Philips Airfryer XXL Smart Digital HD9861/99

Philips Airfryer XXL Smart Digital HD9861/99

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of air fryer would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

thepersonwhoSouth East Queensland, QLD

So much faster then an oven and tastes good!

Purchased in June 2020 at Myer for A$419.00.

thepersonwho

Thank you. I do love the product and hopefully my new one lasts longer.

Wayne S

Wayne SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent product

Cooked so well with the frozen food from supermarket. Quick and easy ,10mins you get your dinner ready. It’s like mini oven. But you need a dishwasher to clean it properly.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$406.00.

Product is used Weekly
Sartina R.

Sartina R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Phillips... please add all accessories!

After spending $600 on a new airfryer you would think they would included all accessories to get the full use. Majority of their recipes on the Phillips air fryer app require you to purchase the ‘extra accessories’ very disappointing!!!!

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$599.00.

Air Fryers

Find out how Philips Airfryer XXL Smart Digital HD9861/99 compares to other Air Fryers

Air fryer

Philips, thank you so much for my amazing air fryer.... Highly recommend!!!! I use at least four times a week to cook delicious healthy meals. Also thanks for the App and the fantastic recipes.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for A$350.00.

Paryse H.

Paryse H.

Absolutely great!

I was unsure about getting an air fryer, but now that I have it, I can’t go back! Everything I cook tastes healthy and non greasy but is so crisp and even meat is tender. I love cooking pork roasts in it, the crackling is amazing with the inside being soft and juicy. Cleaning it is a breeze also. I bought this last year and haven’t used my deep fryer since. Love it and would 100% recommend!

Purchased in July 2019 at Kogan.com for A$205.00.

Raj K.

Raj K.South East Queensland, QLD

Great product

This product is really great and we really liked it cause it cooks the food without oil which is really good for heath in these days and great quality by Philips

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$420.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Raj, great to hear that you're happy with your Airfryer. You can find more delicious recipes with the NutriU app! Feel free to visit this page: https://www.philips.com.au/c-e/ho/nutriu-app.html.

BonnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

AMAZING

I can not believed how much I love this airfryer. I use it at least 6 times a week. I artfully feel better my food taste better and i can put almost everything in it, Even my sunday roast goes in there. If mine ever dies i will be purchasing one the next day.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer for A$400.00.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks, Bonnie. Great to hear 6/7 days the Airfryer is making cooking a lot easier for you. Happy frying!

Sammy Y.

Sammy Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BEST AIRFRYER EVER

seriously the best airfryer on the market. so easy to use and cooks allmy meals evenly every time! they are are little more expensive but worth it. you cant go past this fryer!

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$450.00.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you very much for writing this review. It's great to hear the Airfryer has been so kind to you. Happy frying!

Lorraine_KhanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Phillips Twin TurboStar XXL

Just love this Air Fryer I have tried 2 different Air Fryers and found this Phillips fantastic. Very easy to use and clean. Only disappointed with the fact that it doesn’t come with the heavier grill pan (like the American Model which is the same as this) Why? But on the whole, a great machine! I even cooked crumpets in it this morning which were great except I cooked them a little bit too long lol. Definitely worth buying.

Purchased in June 2020.

sharyn59Mandurah

Fantastic

Very fast cooking. Lovely fat free frying. Great to look at and an absolute hit with family and friends. So many have bought one after having chips from mine. Thanks heaps

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Big Buys.

Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear this and thanks for sharing! :)

sharyn59

Just saving up now to upgrade. Literally can’t live without it.

Sudha

SudhaSydney, NSW

Better than expected

Even though Philips Air fryers are expensive compared to the other brands, I decided to go ahead with them since I like quality appliances. I have prepared fried chicken, cakes, pizzas, french fries, etc on this and everything has come out very well. It is super powerful and gets cooking done very quickly. So far its been easy to clean up as well. I purchased this from Myer during a sale, so no complaints.

Purchased at Myer.

Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear this and thanks for sharing Sudha! :)

Tatyana F.

Tatyana F.

Uncomfortable to use food tastes strange

Chicken thighs tasted dry french fries taste strange and it needs to many accessories after u purchase it for $300. Clean up is ok but it never seems to be comfortable. Timing is never certain u have to check ur food meaning standing next to the machine and checking very time consuming. Easier to get a steamer and much cheaper if u want to eat healthy and food tastes much better than fryer. Waste of money and time and food.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for A$300.00.

Karen P

Karen PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crispy, Crunchy, Well cooked food without the Fat / Oil

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for A$460.00.

Simone

SimoneSydney, NSW

Use it everyday for almost everything!

Our airfryer has a permanent spot on the kitchen bench and we use it every single day. Amazing for chicken, chips, steak, fish, veggies... the list could go on and we haven’t even explored all the recipe books available. The initial cost was high but we can’t imagine making dinner without it!!!

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for A$489.00.

Natalie Y.

Natalie Y.

Most used appliance

I love this product. It is worth spending more to get a quality product. I use it everyday.
I cook a range of foods, from the easy frozen foods to fresh fish and meat, stories and even dippy eggs!
The product is so easy to use and to clean. It's a staple appliance. I barely need an oven

Purchased in December 2019 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for A$465.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Natalie, brilliant to hear that you are a fan of our Airfryer and using it on a daily basis. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences here!

S. Wilson

S. Wilson

Almost life changing

I researched air fryers for a while before purchasing - decided to go with the XXL Phillips model which was a very good decision. It can fit a whole large chicken or a large bag of fries and more. Worth paying the extra if you can get one on sale . Soon learnt that Philips is THE brand when it comes to air fryers - all the parts can go in the dishwasher and the digital model is very precise. No mess cooking and great for week night dinners. Makes a nice alternative to oven especially in Summer if you don't want to heat your whole house up cooking a piece of meat. Does lots of other things which I am yet to discover. A1.

Purchased in February 2020 at David Jones for A$549.00.

Suzanne

Suzanne

Awesome product.

Awesome product. Easy to use. Nice and tidy cooking. Healthy cooking. Very Fast. Reliable. Can be used outside with a lead or external socket for the plug. Also, VERY tasty. I highly recommend it.

Purchased in July 2015 at The Good Guys for A$300.00.

L Win

L WinQueensland

Great purchase

We are very satisfied with out Philips Air Fryer purchase. It is the quickest way to cook our meals. We use it on a daily basis to chicken, duck, sausages, chips, fish and steak. I believe it cooks the fish perfectly but my partner thinks it’s a bit overcooked. It is easy to use and as for cleaning it is alright.

Purchased in November 2019.

Shay

ShayWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love it!

I have only had this for a week and I am hooked! I do wish it was a bit bigger but that is my only complaint. Its stylish. Cooks food so well and quickly and is easy to clean.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Guruwa15

Guruwa15

More than just a fried food cooker

Purchased this air fryer after some research and are very happy with its performance. Have used it to cook deserts, homemade meat pies and variety of pastries, my oven has barely been used since. Cleaning is a breeze and can be made ready quickly. May not suit a large family meal but ideal for cooking for 3 - 4 people

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Jackie L.

Jackie L.asked

Can I have a list of accessory is compatible for HD9861. I bought the product recently and like to get some extra accessories.

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Sure. Just contact Philips directly

Hi the Jackie,

Thanks for showing interest in expanding your AirFryer. You can see the accessories for the HD9861 right here: https://bit.ly/3gA5qNY. If You have any other qustions feel free to give us a call on 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. Our colleagues will be happy to help.

Scope

Scopeasked

Hi. There is only myself and my adult son at home and both of us could use a lot less fat in our diets for health reasons. I also want something easy enough for my son to learn how to use so he can do some of the cooking. He loves chips but the store-bought oven baked ones don't taste that nice. So my question is .... what model fryer would you recommend, given that there are only two of us (but I would like to try a whole chicken sometime?) PS: Big Philips fan

Bonnie

Hi Its only Myself and my 8 year old daughter and she can use it. I use it for a small roast. Single serving of meat and i really do not like the taste of non airfried food its just so greasy. Burgers meat balls even a cake.
So still 100% would recommend.

Hi Scope,
The chips are done beautifully with just 1 tablespoon of oil. The controls are extremely easy to use and the washing up is a breeze. I use the Phillips Twin TurboStar XXL. Great love it.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us. We are happy to hear that you are interested in our AirFryers. A regular one can be used for a small family of two. The XL and the XXL are usually used for larger families from 3 to 5 people. Hope this helps you into the right direction.
We'd like to refer you to our product team for more information if there are any more questions. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Jude

Judeasked

Is it possible to grill a rare steak in this air fryer please

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jude, thank you for reaching out to us. You absolutely can. You just need to adjust the timer for this one. For more information, take a look at the recipe leaflet: https://www.philips.com.au/c-m-ho/cooking/airfryer-top/airfryer-xxl. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to help.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives