3Philips Airfryer XXL Smart Digital HD9861/99

87 reviews · Statistics

87% · 768 · 9%
Product is used
  • Daily (25)
  • Several times a week (44)
  • Weekly (10)
  • Monthly (1)
  • Rarely (1)
Cooks variety of foods perfectly
Easy to clean
Simplifies cooking
See the Best Air Fryers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

aquitania
aquitaniaSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA70 posts

Very disappointing heating element gone

Model is actually ***HD9651*** STILL XXL.
We have had it for 3 1/2 years, hardly used it, maybe once or twice a month.
And the heating element has gone! Out of warranty and cost about $420!
Terrible quality. Looks like the new heating element is $90....great
Vouellette21
Vouellette21NSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Life changing machine

I have this for a few years now. After a friend recommended it, I asked and received it as a present from family. It’s life changing - so easy to use and easy clean. Kids can even cook their own meal with it. Best machine to cook salmon fillet. It makes healthy dinner prep so easy - salmon fillet in air fryer (no oil required), prepare mash and salad / steamed vege. Also best machine to cook frozen chips and frozen chicken or fish fillet / nuggets and to crisp up frozen pies or sausage rolls after microwave them. We use it at least a few times a week if not daily. Show details ·  1
Aaron B.
Aaron B.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Horrible to keep clean but product does perform well

I don’t normally leave reviews but wanted to vent a little. I like the product, have been using it for 7 months but after a while started to notice grease being deposited onto the outside of the basket that could not be removed by dishwasher, baking powder, dish liquid or even hard scrubbing … I’m not recommending this product for the reason. If you can’t clean it properly then this effects the quality of the food being cooked Show details
Lisa Jones
Lisa Jones15 posts

Excellent airfryer!

Cooks food quickly and evenly. One downside is that you cant seem to brown food more because once it detects it is cooked it turns off. Show details ·  1
Michelle Williamson
Michelle Williamson5 posts

Sharon Gibbs
Sharon GibbsNSWSydney, NSW4 posts

Makes Life Easy

Wow, now that I've mastered the idea of using the air fryer, I've found it great after a busy work day. So quick and easy to use. I bought the paper liners which leave no mess and go straight in the bin. The food is cooked in no time. Show details ·  1
Archie
ArchieNSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Moy
MoyPearcedale5 posts

Amazing

Still in the process of learning, but I can immediately say it does a lovely job of crisping up without drying out. I am using my additional Baking dish to do lasagne tonight! The size of the unit is wonderful and the stacker tray allows you to utilise the large capacity. Definately still on L plates! Show details ·  3
Paul J.
Paul J.4 posts

Loved it, now broken

Purchased this during March 2021. It has been an absolute beast, accurate sensing and cooking. Amazing results, however it died. Phillips really don't appear to make appliances that last much beyond warranty as I've had shavers share the same fate. I don't know if we'll purchase another one given it will likely only last 2.5 years :( .
Cosgrove
CosgroveVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC46 posts
Heddy KingWAPerth, WA33 posts

Not Impressed

We purchased a Phillips Airfryer XXL two years ago it lasted 12 months. We contacted Phillips and they authorised repairs which lasted a few weeks and that was it. A replacement was authorised after much discussion now 12 months down the track and the same scenario- will never purchase this brand in the future. Show details
Virginia M.
Virginia M.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s died!!

Philips XXL Airfryer HD986X purchased Dec 2019 no longer heats, blows cold air. Very disappointed for the money we spent. Would love someone from Philips to contact me to see if it can be fixed. Show details
Sharon
SharonNSWSydney, NSW28 posts

1st time user

The best thing I have brought, I used it first time tonight and it cooked perfectly. It would have taken longer in the oven. I’m in love! Show details
Laura F.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Family cooking

The kids can finally cook. We are finding they are making snacks of melts and potato chips themselves. The ease of throwing food in the basket pressing a button and having it cooked perfectly takes the stress out of cooking. Show details ·  1
Janet B.
Janet B.NTDarwin, NT2 posts

Perfect for two of us

I love the fact this cooks crispy healthy foods like chicken and fish in less time than a normal oven. Product is quick and easy to clean as well which is a huge bonus. This air fryer is compact enough as we live in a caravan. Show details

Helen
Helen

Is the Philips Airfryer CXL smart digital toxic free?

Heddy King

As far a I know yes but there is no way I would ever ever purchase another Phillips machine after the complete debacles with the two We had. My advice is try another brand.

Hello Helen, thanks for asking. All our products are toxic-free. Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

vicki b.
vicki b.

Hi can you tell me if the temperature and the timer are separate so i can chose what time and temperature i want

yes they are

keiko k.
keiko k.

Hi I have a XXL model for a year and all of sudden the knob stopped working, then I cannot change the temperature or choose the type of food to fry, and the timer doesn't works too, but it turns on and I can stop pushing the knob. I already tried to unplug...

Features:

• The Philips Airfryer XXL Smart Digital HD9861/99 has Smart Sensing technology that adjusts the time and temperature of its cooking to leave you with perfectly made food.
  • You can also save your favourite cooking setting on this air fryer, so that you can make your favourite dish at the push of a button.
  • A Keep Warm mode lets you enjoy your meal when you’re ready to, keeping your food at an optimal temperature for up to 30 minutes.
  • This air fryer is advertised as being able to cook meals 1.5 times faster than an oven, due to its Rapid Air Technology and ability to instant heat up.
  • It has Fat Removal technology that separates and captures excess fat, letting you enjoy mouth-watering foods such as crispy-skinned chicken and tender meats without all of the guilt.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the air fryer was able to cook a variety of foods perfectly, from fish and steak to pizza, fries, and vegetable dishes.
  • They also found that the appliance was easy to clean.
  • According to reviewers, the air fryer was simple to use, as you could set and forget the unit.
CategoryAir Fryers