Philips Airfryer XL

Philips Airfryer XL

HD9240/30 (White) and HD9240/90 (Black)

Michael Moxon

Michael MoxonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great for small things

It fries small things well but not larger things.
I usually use it for chips or chicken nuggets or chicken strips.
Its not very easy to clean properly, i use a dishwasher and it takes a few goes to clean it well.

Purchased in July 2015 at It was a gift..

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

WAS great except for the metal ball bearings that now fall out of the sliding drawer...

Purchased in August 2016 for $450.00.

sj64

sj64Western Australia

More than expected , love it

Bought this on sale $299 and have been experimenting throughout the week
Roast veggies crisp under 30 minutes
Wedges amazing and 15 minutes
Cant wait to try more but super impressed , easy to use and cleaning is simple.
Only criticism is instruction book doesn’t really have any startup information but easy to find on the net
This is the best!

Purchased in July 2019 at Retravision for $299.00.

Bjorn O.South East Queensland, QLD

Philips..Expected Better Quality

I have had two HD9240s over 5 years. The first had display issues just outside the warranty period and required an $180 fix to replace the control module and power supply board. The second is 9 months out of warranty and have notice the draw runners are loosing its ball bearings. Poor design in incorporating bearing spacers which are effected by heat and disintegrate allowing the balls to fall off the runner. I have always had I high expectation of the brand name but sadly this has diminished after encountering these issues.

Purchased in September 2016 at Bill Guyett.

Bjorn O.

Update: Philips were responsive to issues raised in my post and were quick to resolve. The outcome was that my Airfryer is now back to normal operation.
So kudos to Philips for restoring my faith in the brand.

T_TS

T_TSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This air fryer is excellent for small home

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $328.00.

Kleetus

KleetusSydney

Not so premium.

Purchased in March 2019 at Amazon for $239.00.

Coops

CoopsHobart, TAS

surprisingly good

Took a while to be convinced before we bought it. Used it every day for the last week. Cooked chips (fresh, frozen), chicken (whole, pieces), frozen food you would usually fry/oven. Quick to cook and great results. Easy to clean. Happy as.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer Online Store for $250.00.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your review, Coops. We're glad to read that you decided to take the leap and that you've been enjoying your Airfryer so far. Here's to many more delicious Airfryer sessions!

John WNorthern Region, NSW

Great cooker but

Purchased in May 2017 for $398.00.

John W

Wow! Thank you so much for your very non helpful response, you didn't even bother to read my post properly, I said it started to fall to pieces after only 12 months NOT 2 years, it's now just about fit only for the tip.

Amazing mini oven!

This is such a great item to use in the kitchen it’s like a mini portable oven that works much faster and is cleaner and easier to use. It allows a great variety to be cooked I’ve made crunchy prawns , crispy vegetables , beautiful fish and am keen to try baking in it. It can be put in the dishwasher which is great to be able to clean as well and doesn’t take away any flavour of the food cooked

Purchased in April 2019.

Great Purchase

I've been deliberating whether to purchase an air fryer for over a year and decided to take the plunge when this was on sale. I definitely don't regret it as we use our air fryer everyday if not every second day. I would consider this a medium sized air fryer, perfect for a couple. It's brilliant for cooking frozen foods and we have cooked steak and pork belly in it. Efficient, quick and time saving! My only qualm would be that there is a slight oil smell which spreads but other than, no regrets in my purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Myer Online Store for $300.00.

BSL

BSLNORTH SYDNEY

Time to look for a cheaper alternative

I use it frequently. 2 year warranty expiring in 2 days. Now it's changing the temperature and timer on its own. $300 for 2 years not good value for money.

Purchased in April 2016.

motherb

motherbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beyond our expectations

•How satisfied are you with the food produced in this air fryer?
Extremely satisfied, it is better than expected

•What sort of food do you usually cook using this air fryer?
Anything that would normally be deep fried or roasted

•Is this product easy to use and clean?
Very easy to use and clean

Would definitely recommend this product

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $169.00.

sonyahmaree

sonyahmareeSouth East Queensland, QLD

EXCELLENT ITEM

Purchased in March 2017 for $369.00.

seekyou

seekyouPerth, WA

Great product

We use this almost everyday. Great product, has never let us down.
Such a great variety of foods can be cooked in this air fryer. Easy to use and even came with a recipe book.

Purchased in May 2016.

Sammy

SammyMulgrave

Good product but not value for money

Purchased in September 2017.

LLL

LLLMelbourne

Great product

Owned this airfryer for more than a year and I’m still in love with it. Regret for not getting it earlier. The machine cooks meat and veggies perfectly. Absolutely great for people who don’t know how to cook. U will be amazed how quick the machine cooks. Bought one for my friend for Christmas present and she loves it too.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Lola

LolaPERTH

It is simply wonderful.

Highly satisfied. I have cooked six different meals which are nice and healthy. Really like this product and strongly recommend. Easy to use, great for cooking quickly when time poor. Healthier cooking with no oil and fat drips away. I use mine everyday.
The product does require care, so please use as recommended and wash it at least weekly if you cannot daily.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Larue

LarueAU

Amazing

Anything you cook in oven can cook in this easy cleaning just wipe out easy to use . I'm very satisfied with all the food i cook fish chips chicken tenders macaroni cheese wings chicken pieces even a cake in the dish i bought that is for this machine .

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Julia A

basket lock disengages when removed from unit. Safety issue.

My air fryer is 2 1/2 years old. I have absolutely loved using it. Unfortunately now when I remove the base with the handle the lock disengages by itself and the basket is separated from the base. This has happened a few times spilling hot contents onto floor or bench top and even burnt me a couple of times. Obviously the lock is faulty. Has anyone else had the same problem? The fryer was purchased from Harvey Norman Noarlunga SA

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Julia A

Thank you I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards Julia

Tan

Tan

Perfect healthy option

Extremely satisfied. I cook chicken, lamb and steak oil free. Less cooking time. Time saver. Takes less space. If any one in keen in buying an airfryer I would recommend this. No regrets. No hassle in baking in the oven or having to wash frying pans. Makes life much easier

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Charlie B.

Charlie B.asked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Just bought the XL HD9240 and seen there is grill plate accessory which i was wondering if on my model is the handle interchangeable to use this accessory?

James K.

James K.asked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

My frier turns itself off after about 6 mins as if it is overheating, I’m cooking at 190, never had a problem before, any ideas anyone? pls.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your question and for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues all of a sudden, though. Of course, that's not supposed to happen so we'd like to recommend you to get in touch with our specialists via 1300 363 391. They will be able to look into it and provide you with assistance. :-) We hope the matter will be resolved shortly!

Paul Jasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

how do I attach grill pan as the handle on the main pan is not detachable?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Paul, thank you for reaching out to us here. The grill pan can be used by putting it in the main basket after removing the detachable handle. The grill pan for this model is made separately, so we recommend checking the compatibility of this accessory with your model of AirFryer first. If you would like to know more about this, you can also reach out to our team by phone on the following number: 1300 363 391(Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). We hope to hear from you soon.

Paul J

Well that does not help at all! I asked for help and you say "check compatibility" - you have my model number so you tell me what grill pan suits!

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for coming back to us, Paul. Upon having another look at our reply, we do agree that we could've looked into it for you, our apologies. We did check whether the grill pan is compatible with the HD9240/90, and it is not, unfortunately. So we're afraid the accessory cannot be attached to the basket, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Let us know if you have any further questions, we'd be happy to answer them!

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)
  • Discontinued

Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)
  • Discontinued

Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

CategoryAir FryersAir Fryers
Power2,100 W2,100 W
Colour / Finish WhiteBlack
Cord Length 0.8 m0.8 m
Dimensions 302 x 314 x 422 mm302 x 314 x 422 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual