Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch

Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch

RQ1250/17, S9711/41, S9111/12, etc...

Jed51

Jed51Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of Money

I purchased the 9000 series shaver in August 2018. After attempting to obtain a close shave for three months I reverted to my original Senso Touch shaver which shaves much closer than the new one. Also the cleaner is a waste of time and money. It is just as easy to dismantle the blades and wash it manually.

Purchased in August 2018 at David Jones for $414.00.

DangaSydney, NSW

Poor Quality Shaver Philips Really disappointing

I have used Philips Shavers for 35 years and this is the worst quality shaver I have ever owned. It just does not shave as quick or as good as previous shavers I have had from Philips. I purchased new blades thing the original blades may have been lemons but the new blades are no better. Very disappointing Philips. I am looking for a new shaver and may not buy a Philips shaver again..

Purchased in January 2017 at Shaver Shop.

Causes Irritation Yes
Razor BurnYes
Danga

I am happy for you to contact me on 0408463714. Really not happy with the quality of the shaver and the second set of blades.

IrishPat

IrishPatCanberra 2600, ACT

Great unit but you pay for it

Very nice unit, super close shave I keep on cleaning it after every use (it is wet and dry) and then dry it out. Dont want face oil to kill the blades early as they're expensive to replace as well. Not cheap but excellent. Replaces a lesser previous philishave

Purchased in July 2019 at shavershop for $330.00.

Kingy812

Kingy812Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Doesn’t worth for the price

The shaver itself is great, however the smart clean system is waste of money. Use the shaver for just over 2 years and less than 5 time of smart clean system used. The clean system already had problem with pumping up liquid to clean the shaverhead. Brand new cartridge and problem not solved. It seems like I have spent $500 for the shaver itself.

Purchased in December 2016 at Shaver Shop Online store for $500.00.

alexxmc77Sydney, NSW

Cut-throat quality shave (close as a razor), amazing cleaning system, best product I’ve ever used

Purchased in May 2019 at Shaver Shop Online store for $299.00.

Oh thank you for reply!
Absolutely love it, and great that Philips reads and replies here :)

John and Sue

John and SueVictoria

to buy Phillips or not to buy

Have owned 3 phillips shavers over 40 years and find the replacement cost of the shaver head disgustingly expensive. My shaver has stopped charging and I am faced with buying a replacement shaver. I am concerned with the reviews i read here. Most are very negative. I also have a Braun which is 30years old and still going strong but I find the phillips a more comfortable shaver on my face.

Purchased in March 1989.

DodzeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst shaver ever

I have been using a Philips shaver for the last 50 + years and this S9000 series is the worst, most expensive shaver ever. It does not do anything except leaving a lot to be shaved.
So don't waste your $500.00 on such a shaver and go for a cheaper one like I did in series 5000

Purchased in January 2019 for $499.00.

Causes Irritation Yes
Razor BurnYes

Hi
thanks for your comment and I have already found an S5000 series shaver which is a much better shave than the S9000 shaver and I already mention it on this site plus at $140.00 is miles more affordable

Carl

CarlSydney, NSW

my best shaver ever

After almost 3 months of use, I am very confident to recommend this shaver. I used Braun Series 9 for a while before, personally I choose Philips S9000 Prestige one with 4 clear points:
1. Braun sometimes pulls hairs out, it feels terribly pain. This is the main reason I returned it back.
2. Braun will get hot very quick if you use dry shave.
3. Braun has much more noise than Philips
4. Philips is more quality built and feels "prestige" lol
Both achieve very similar smooth result. Philips is very quite and easy to use. It requires charge once over 3 weeks with daily use.

Purchased in November 2018 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $399.20.

Marko

MarkoSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best shaver so far and great customer service

I have purchased this shaver a little more than a year ago. It shaves very close and doesn't cause any irritation. Wet or dry shaving - irrespectable. I tend not to shave as often during weekends and holidays so sometimes it has to battle up to 5 day old beard. Still I feel that it does the job exceptionally well. Battery life is enough to get me through two weeks (I shave every other day).

Now the best part - customer service. My cleaning station have started to leak. I have reached out to customer service and they have offered to sent new one. Have received it and it works perfectly.
Very happy customer overal. This is my third Phillips shaver and I will remain loyal customer.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Marko, thanks so much for sharing your experiences with the shaver here. It's great to hear you've been happy with both the performance of the shaver and our Customer Care team!

The Philips Australia Team

Worst excuse for a shaver EVER!

Alex
Alex

Thank you for your reply I will get in touch

LeoNeo

LeoNeoWollongong

Closest Electric Shave Ever

JNodar

JNodarSpring Farm NSW 2570

So Far So Good

Bought the Philips 9111-12 electric shaver (discontinued model) at a reasonable price and was hoping it would not be a dud. well, to my surprise, this little guy does a great job for my short but stubbornly strong beard. The charge is really fast. It sits well in my hand and it is easily transferred from left to right hand for easy shaving. Cleaning is a breeze. For me, (might be different for others) wet seems to work better (I use a foam). Only con - it has no stand, so I let it dry after I clean it with water and after it is dry I place it in my drawer. Overall, if it lasts the 2-year warranty or more I got more than my monies worth.

Timo

TimoMildura

Too expensive, not good value

Blades go blunt too quickly, I only shave every 2nd day and still the blades are almost useless after 6 months.
It’s a pity because recommended blade change is every 2 years??? Blade replacements are far too expensive!
I gave up and bought a Braun

Sam12AU

Expensive replacement shaver heads.

The Philips 9000 shaver gives a reasonably close and quick shave. Cleaning is easy. The shaver heads last 1 – 2 years and then need replacement (otherwise, the blunt shaver heads give a poor shave). The replacement shaver heads are ridiculously expensive, currently costing $89.95 per set. You can get a entry-level Philips shaver for this price. This is price gouging at its worst. The manufacturing cost is probably a few dollars. Would recommend looking at cost of replacement blades when considering your new shaver purchase.

Sam12

The price of consumables (e.g. new blades) is a serious consideration for many buyers when considering the purchase of a new shaver. I will certainly be looking into this with my next electric shaver purchase.

Juz

Worse razor i have ever used

I have used a cheaper phillips razor which cost me around $65. After many faithfull years of great service and pretty good shaves I decided to spead up on a top of the range model razor again from Phillips. A Pillips 9000. The sales person assured me it was a great shaver with multipull cutting angles. So because i was so happy with my old razor, a cheaper Phillips i spent the $300 odd dollars on this razor whick was on special. Worse thing i ever done hardly cuts a nights grow of my face no matter how long i shave for. I'll never buy another phillips again. And you my say did i give it a fair chance. Well is a year and a half a long enough chace. Thumbs down to this crappy Phillips 9000 razor.

Juz

Thanks i will ring customer service, and see what they have to say.

Juz

Well i have to say thumbs up to Phillips. They seen i was unsatisfied and customer service helped me sort things out. They sent a new type of blade to try out in my razor. works great now. I love it so much. Thanks guys

Very Very Poor

Purchased shaver 16 months ago and gives a very, very poor shave.
I have been told by the "Shaver Shop" I need a new head @$89.00 and they only last 2 years. Why was I not told this when I purchased the shaver??? Very expensive shaves when you pay over $300 for shaver.
Will no longer purchase Philips or shop at "The Shaver Shop" again.This is the first time I have been so worked up about a product to complain. I have gone back to my old shaver (Philips) I had for 12 years without any problems, just wearing out .... no head or blade change!!!!

Starts out good but cuts poorly after time

I got my Phillips 9000 for Christmas 2017. My first electric shaver. It cut great for a few months but now after only 6 months it is a struggle to get a close shave.

Moe

The unit is new (Christmas 2017) and I have not removed the blades and I have cleaned it in the cleaning unit. The blades appear to be dull after only 6 months use. The cost to replace the blades $80 would buy me a lot of disposable razors.

GlennSyd

GlennSydSydney, NSW

Good close shave and quiet operation

Horrible!!!!

Who ever designed this shaver should be fired! The head constantly pops off! I ended up getting my money back . Bought a different brand. DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL TYPE

Worst electric razor I've owned. Gone back to a manual razor after 30 years

winnie

winnieasked

can you tell me what is the different S9531/27 and S9311/27?

Klausasked

Hi.
The rinsing phase works fine, but then the drying phase does not start. It goes then to completion. The shaver and cleaning system is new.(S9551/63). What can I do to make it work please?
Regards

Philips S.Philips

Hi Klaus, thanks for sharing your question with us. That shouldn't happen of course. Our product team would gladly take a closer look at it for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

Hi,
Thanks very much for your answer. I will now contact the seller to see if they can replace it.
Thanks again.
Kind Regards

Alex N

Alex Nasked

Someone stole my smartcleaning unit, my shaver the S9000 won’t engage and faucet symbol and two orange indicator arrows with the head symbol in between is there anyway to fix this setting so I can use my razor??

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question. How unfortunate that someone stole you SmartCleani unit, but maybe we can help you out with this. Could you try to follow the steps on our Philips support website, which can be found here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000004469/how-should-i-clean-my-philips-shaver. There are some instructions on how to manually clean your S9000 series shaver. We hope this helps, and you can go back to enjoying that nice freshly shaven feeling soon. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives