Philips Sonicare for Kids

Philips Sonicare for Kids

HX6321/03, HX6311/02 and HX6311/07

Good Design, excellent result as adult one

Brought one for my daughter when she turn 4, and she love it with various sticker, and the design and result is fantastic, make little one's teeth healthy. will recommended to anyone need it, only thing is the price is not cheap, bought with $20 cash back but still $80 compare to $3-5 one from super market.

You can't start young enough with treating your teeth with absolute perfect care! Great to hear that your daughter has taken up such a liking to brushing! :) If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to help. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good for kids but high maintenance

Please note that this is the Bluetooth version. If you google it, you will see the packaging is different from the standard ones.

In all honestly my three year old ran for her life when I first switch on the vibrations. I should have expected that though, which 3yo isn't scared of things that vibrates and suppose to put that in mouth. In fact, after the initial experience she ran for her life every time she saw my hand reaching for the toothbrush. It vibrates significantly stronger than other kids oscillating toothbrush.

That said, few days later I made it into something fun for her. Vibrating the brush head on my cheeks and making funny faces while in contact. That made her buck up some courage to come in contact with the toothbrush. Convincing her that the naughty bugs on her teeth will not go away unless she turn on the vibrations so the naughty bugs run for their life wasn't too hard.

There after, it was smooth sailing for me.
Sure it took a while for her to accept the tooth brush, but whatever it's worth, she willingly take the initiative to brush her teeth every morning and night. I had to fight her for the tooth brush so she will stop brushing after every glass of water or snacks.

While that didn't last, it is so much easier to brush her teeth from then on.

Moving on from the fun affair.

It does brushes noticeably cleaner. Especially with the stain she accumulates daily on her teeth surfaces. It removes easier and faster.

She is learning how to brush according to the app provided. It is connected via Bluetooth and knows when she stops brushing. She will aim for the two minutes mark in order to get the reward. Never seen her brushing so diligently before.

Also, the brush head is much flatter than their oscillating cousins. It takes little effort at all to reach the back of the teeth and it isn't painful for her. Some oscillating brushes stretches out her cheeks too much and she hates it.

The design of the toothbrush is well enough not to have places that collects water and residue much at all. I had one previous bad experience with gluggy chunk of black stuff on a non waterproof toothbrush body. The sonicare on the other hand didn't have those water and residue traps and any marks between the brush head and body can be very easily cleaned.

There is also no mysterious pinhole on the back of brush head itself unlike some other brands. That is unhygienic as far as I am concnered.

The app don't really entertainment her long each day, and she don't really look forward to playing with the app that much other than getting the presents. So her interests on the little monster didn't last more than a few minutes a day. Still she looks forward to the rewards.

On days where she brushes without the app, there is no memory storage in the toothbrush to transfer the activities to the app when it's next turned on. That is quite a bummer but not a deal breaker.

The downside is the cost of the brush heads. Why does all Sonicare brush heads seems so expensive. More than $10 a brush head is very expensive to maintain. So if you aren't willing to spend $50ish a year on kids brush heads, this isn't for you.

Hi Sapphiree, Thank you so much for sharing the whole story of your daughter her first electric brushing experience. It's great to see that you'd like nothing less than the best for your child when it comes down to dental healthcare. We don't like to bear bad news, but we do feel compelled to point out that we do not recommend using our Sonicare for Kids on kids under the age of 8. That being said, it is nice that you've given an introduction to the wondrous world of electronic brushing, and of course, when she does turn 8, we do hope you choose for Sonicare. :) Thank you for your understanding. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Teamhttps://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HX6311_07/sonicare-for-kids-sonic-electric-toothbrush?&origin=|mckv|slwvyXQeK_dm&pcrid=98888957886|plid|&trackid= On this site it says it's for three years and older. I also receive a representative advice from my other sonicare review that the brush is suitable for younger ones. I also has the smaller brush head. Please advice if there are changes.Hmm it seems one of our colleagues was misinformed, Sapphiree. Thank you for pointing this out, indeed the Sonicare for kids is for kids from the age of 3 and older. :) Our apologies for the misunderstanding. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Musical fun while brushing!

My daughter now looks forward to brushing her teeth every day! She especially likes the music it plays, which encourages her to brush for longer.
The battery has a long life span between charges, and we only have to charge it up twice a week.
All round this brush is a winner!
Good battery life span between charges

A godsend!

My 4yr old would scream and cry everytime we had to brush his teeth due to a medical condition he has. Finding this toothbrush was an absolute godsend. He brushes his teeth without any tears or screaming since using the sonicare.
Quiet motor, musical timer to tell when to switch sides and when to stop, attractive to children, comes with interchangeable decorative face places...I could go on!

I’d like to know if anyone else’s Philips sonicare toothbrush is still working? I absolutely love them (they clean really well) but they consistently stop working after two years. There is something inherently WRONG that they fail after two years (give or take a few months).
Hi there, Anon. That doesn't sound all too good! Can you explain what happened with your latest Sonicare brush? There may be some troubleshooting tips that we can try in order to get it in optimal shape again. :) If you'd prefer, you can also contact us at 1300 363 391. We hope you will give us a chance! Kind regards, The Philips Australia team.The current one is actually just out of warranty. It makes a sound but no longer brushes properly. I’ve had several fail in exactly the same way. After the second replacement failed I felt embarrassed to ask again (they said there is no warranty for the replacement if that makes sense...they did replace it out of goodwill but then the replacement failed as well) so I threw it out and bought a new one. They gave me advice not to store it on the charger and I have got an older one that’s lasted for several years from following this advice but it is now dying and the two year old one has been treated in the same way but has still failed after around 2 years. My whole family uses them. At one stage we had three between us. I love how well they work initially (which is why I keep giving you a second, third and fourth chance...I just think it should last more than two years. I need a new toothbrush but I feel ready to give up on the Philips toothbrush brand even though I absolutely love how they clean when they are new! I’d love to hear any advice you have!?Hi there, Anon. First, thank you for trusting us through all these years and for choosing our Sonicare toothbrushes. Regarding your latest Sonicare, have you ever tried a factory reset? If your Sonicare still responds (by lighting up) to a charger, you can perform a factory reset by charging the Sonicare for 24 hours straight, then pressing the power button for 5-7 seconds while keeping the Sonicare placed on its charger. To improve the lifespan of your Sonicare, clean your toothbrush and brush heads regularly. You can read more about this here: https://bit.ly/2XFfJqS. Please let us know if this was helpful. For further assistance we kindly ask you to contact our product team by phone via 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hi Anon, thanks for your question on here. First of all, we're really happy to hear that you love our products. However, we can also see there are some mixed feelings - and seeing what you've experienced we can definitely imagine that to be the case. If your Sonicare stops working, we would always recommend to reach out to our consumer care on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ), as we'll be willing to see what we can do. The options could be a bit more limited when the warranty has expired, but nonetheless we'd like to see what options are still left. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Visit official website - Download manual