Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra

HX8331/01 (Grey), HX8331/02 (Pink), HX8462/01, etc... (See All)
Listing monitored by Philips Personal Health

Pros

Good for those with dental fixtures
Easy to use
Effective
Can use with water or mouthwash

Cons

Can be harsh on sensitive teeth
Expensive
Can break after a short time

• Battery Life
  • Sensitive Teeth/GumsYes (13) · No (7)

They were great then they died.

I absolutely love this product but after 3 purchases I have stopped wasting my money. When the air flosser works it’s the best product on the market. My teeth and gums have never been healthier. But the air flosser just dies for no reason. My last one died after two short months.

Purchased in for $89.99.

Philips S.Philips Personal HealthSend a private message

This product works great at the beginning.

My dentist recommended this product. I purchased it even though it was on the higher price side. I really believed it did a great job cleaning to start. Lights started flashing and would not charge anymore. After reading other reviews I see others had the same problem.

Jenko
JenkoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Started well, but has not lasted

This was a great appliance for flossing until it started to flash its lights and stop recharging. No longer working as expected after less than 6 months. The device does do a great job and is easy to use, this particular item may have a fault.
The Phillips support team have been very good in resolving the problem. After calling the support number, I was given details about how to claim. Despite some technical issues, the company promptly sent a replacement flosser. Thank you Phillips Australia.

Purchased in for $119.

Kate
KateNorth Western Region, NSW

Good, but unfortunately not what I wanted

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Physical store for $349.

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Find out how Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra compares to other Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Olivia
OliviaSydney, NSW

Good for a complete clean

Clean, completes my dental care routine. I like how it gets rid of any parts missed with the toothbrush efficiently. Downside is it has stopped working with the charger and may be too strong sometimes that causes bleeding from tough food stuck in the teeth.

Purchased in at Thr1ve for $598.

Dissatisfied
Dissatisfiedmelbourne

does not last long

This item does not last long.very dissappointing from philips.One of the worse products produced by philips.The products are not worth it for the quality it is made with. Not buying again

Purchased at shavershop for $290.

Moshk
MoshkWestern Australia

Great piece of art

I have it purchased last week and it has been quite effective, easy to use. Quite happy of my purchase. It works very well and doesn't hurt gum. I found it quite effective.

Purchased in at Myer for $189.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

TrentApKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good while it works

I have enjoyed this flosser a lot more than the water pick as its not as messy and feels like it gives a better clean. I like the 3 shot button and is what i use it on. I only use water in this and don't have any urges to use mouthwash. But i only bought my flosser in December but it seems to now only 5 months old not to be working properly. It stopped working completely with on of the lights out but then an hour or so later was working again. But then goes back to not working again meaning you need to leave it for like and hour. So it's starting to be temperamental. Now my concern is warranty as if it works sometimes and other times not how do i prove this for a warranty.

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Physical store for $129.

TrentApK

Hi have sent message on messenger and am awaiting a reply. Sent Wednesday night

Mara
MaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing

This product has assisted me to no end. My teeth feel incredible clean and look amazing!

The size is quite large, but it’s fine. I find it a little difficult to clean it once I have used mouth wash. The bubbles seem to stay in the tubing. It can take a little to clean it.

Apart from the slight difficulties I have, I would encourage everyone to purchase this item!

Purchased in at David Jones Online Store for $120.

Jie xin xin Y.
Jie xin xin Y.

It failed to work after a year otherwise it would have been good

I bought Sonicare airfloss in Myer in early 2019, it helps to floss in between the braces. But failed just after a year of use. I hope it is built to last

Purchased in at Myer for $139.

Dee
DeeCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Received as a gift and will continue to use it

I got this as a gift and will continue to use it. It looks good and functions well. It is easy to clean and i can leave it out on the bathroom bench.

Good product for teeth.

Useful. Highly recommend this product.I feel that my teeth are cleaner and fresher after using it.And Philips product has very good quality and east to use. I really enjoy using it.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi Mon, thank you for sharing your experience with the Sonicare Airfloss. We're happy to hear that your satisfied with this product. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Philips sonicare protective care provides an easy way to clean my teeth every day. Especially the AirFloss. It is my first time to try AirFloss. I thought It might not be strong enough to remove sticky things on my teeth. However, my mind is blown. The Airfloss is perfect to clean my teeth up every day and night. It can reduce my time of cleaning my teeth comparing using conventional floss. I think this Philips sonicare is the only one I could use.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi Alicia, thank you for sharing your review here with us. We're glad to hear it's to your satisfaction. Should you ever need any assistance, or have questions about it, just let us know.

Milord
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

I wouldn't recommend this product to any one; I had a bad experience.

Purchased in at Costco ACT, Canberra for $189.

brie
brieSydney, NSW

I love the Sonicare toothbrush...it is a total game changer.

It cleans my teeth so well whilst been super gentle on my gums (the regular brush I was using before this would always leave me with bleeding gums). I feel like it is faster than my clean with a regular toothbrush too - that might be just me but the electric clean compared to manual is such a timesaver.

My teeth look whiter and brighter and the only change to my routine for the past two weeks has been this toothbrush and airflosser.

One hundred percent worth the investment...the only negative it that the brush and flosser are too tall for my shelving unit so I need to leave them out on the bench but it looks ultra chic in the black so it is fine.

Rolie C.asked
Sonicare AirFloss Ultra HX8340

Can someone help me. My Air Floss HX8340 is no longer working. I have tried to charge it but nothing is happening. It is not very old. What should i do. Can i get another one . Thanks

Annalisa D.
Annalisa D.asked
Sonicare AirFloss Ultra HX8340

Hi does anyone know where i can get a replacement door for the water reservoir, mine has come off and i cant find one on ebay for this model?

Karen A.
Karen A.asked
Sonicare AirFloss Ultra HX8340

I would like to know why my Philips sonicare airfloss ultra keeps turning off even when fully charged. Only purchased 6 months ago.

See all Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips Personal Health representatives

Features:

The Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra combines air with mouthwash or water and sends a stream into your mouth as a way of dislodging particles between your teeth and cleaning along your gum line. It comes with a wide, angled nozzle which provides easy access to parts of the mouth that are harder to reach, a large liquid reservoir and guidance tips to glide along the gumline. There is a travel charger and 1 head included in the package.

Points of praise:

Reviewers loved that the product was easy to use and found it to be effective in cleaning between their teeth. The design is also sleek and compact.

To consider:

The Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra could be too harsh for sensitive teeth, the price point is a drawback and a few users found that their air flossers broke after a short time.

Compare all 10 Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra
CategoryElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & Flossers
Price (RRP) $189.00$239.00$479.00$479.00
PurposeFlossingFlossingBrushing and FlossingBrushing and Flossing
FeaturesCharging Case and Travel CaseCharging CaseCharging Case and Travel CaseCharging Case and Travel Case
Battery Life21 days21 days21 days21 days
Brushing / Flossing Modes5555
Brush Heads / Flosser Tips Included1211
BatteryInternalInternalInternalInternal
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackWhitePinkBlack