Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra

HX8331/01 (Grey), HX8331/02 (Pink), HX8462/01, etc...

Pros

• Good for those with dental fixtures

• Easy to use

• Effective

• Can use with water or mouthwash

Cons

• Can be harsh on sensitive teeth

• Expensive

• Can break after a short time

• Battery Life
  • Sensitive Teeth/GumsYes (12) · No (5)

Kate
KateNorth Western Region, NSW

Good, but unfortunately not what I wanted

Purchased in November 2020 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $349.00.

Olivia
OliviaSydney, NSW

Good for a complete clean

Clean, completes my dental care routine. I like how it gets rid of any parts missed with the toothbrush efficiently. Downside is it has stopped working with the charger and may be too strong sometimes that causes bleeding from tough food stuck in the teeth.

Purchased in December 2018 at Thr1ve for $598.00.

Dissatisfied
Dissatisfiedmelbourne

does not last long

This item does not last long.very dissappointing from philips.One of the worse products produced by philips.The products are not worth it for the quality it is made with. Not buying again

Purchased at shavershop for $290.00.

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Find out how Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra compares to other Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Moshk
MoshkWestern Australia

Great piece of art

I have it purchased last week and it has been quite effective, easy to use. Quite happy of my purchase. It works very well and doesn't hurt gum. I found it quite effective.

Purchased in March 2020 at Myer for $189.00.

TrentApKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good while it works

I have enjoyed this flosser a lot more than the water pick as its not as messy and feels like it gives a better clean. I like the 3 shot button and is what i use it on. I only use water in this and don't have any urges to use mouthwash. But i only bought my flosser in December but it seems to now only 5 months old not to be working properly. It stopped working completely with on of the lights out but then an hour or so later was working again. But then goes back to not working again meaning you need to leave it for like and hour. So it's starting to be temperamental. Now my concern is warranty as if it works sometimes and other times not how do i prove this for a warranty.

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $129.00.

TrentApK

Hi have sent message on messenger and am awaiting a reply. Sent Wednesday night

Mara
MaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing

This product has assisted me to no end. My teeth feel incredible clean and look amazing!

The size is quite large, but it’s fine. I find it a little difficult to clean it once I have used mouth wash. The bubbles seem to stay in the tubing. It can take a little to clean it.

Apart from the slight difficulties I have, I would encourage everyone to purchase this item!

Purchased in March 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $120.00.

Jie xin xin Y.

It failed to work after a year otherwise it would have been good

I bought Sonicare airfloss in Myer in early 2019, it helps to floss in between the braces. But failed just after a year of use. I hope it is built to last

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for $139.00.

Dee
DeeCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Received as a gift and will continue to use it

I got this as a gift and will continue to use it. It looks good and functions well. It is easy to clean and i can leave it out on the bathroom bench.

Purchased in December 2019.

Good product for teeth.

Useful. Highly recommend this product.I feel that my teeth are cleaner and fresher after using it.And Philips product has very good quality and east to use. I really enjoy using it.

Purchased in December 2019.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mon, thank you for sharing your experience with the Sonicare Airfloss. We're happy to hear that your satisfied with this product. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us!

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Philips sonicare protective care provides an easy way to clean my teeth every day. Especially the AirFloss. It is my first time to try AirFloss. I thought It might not be strong enough to remove sticky things on my teeth. However, my mind is blown. The Airfloss is perfect to clean my teeth up every day and night. It can reduce my time of cleaning my teeth comparing using conventional floss. I think this Philips sonicare is the only one I could use.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Alicia, thank you for sharing your review here with us. We're glad to hear it's to your satisfaction. Should you ever need any assistance, or have questions about it, just let us know.

Milord
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

I wouldn't recommend this product to any one; I had a bad experience.

Purchased in November 2019 at Costco ACT, Canberra for $189.00.

brie
brieSydney, NSW

I love the Sonicare toothbrush...it is a total game changer.

It cleans my teeth so well whilst been super gentle on my gums (the regular brush I was using before this would always leave me with bleeding gums). I feel like it is faster than my clean with a regular toothbrush too - that might be just me but the electric clean compared to manual is such a timesaver.

My teeth look whiter and brighter and the only change to my routine for the past two weeks has been this toothbrush and airflosser.

One hundred percent worth the investment...the only negative it that the brush and flosser are too tall for my shelving unit so I need to leave them out on the bench but it looks ultra chic in the black so it is fine.

Grace McDonald
Grace McDonaldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loved this product so much! Ive never seen such a flash tooth brush! Even the sound of it sounds awesome! Flossing so time consuming and with the floss ultra, it takes care of my gums with a fraction of the time and my overall oral hygiene is on point now!

Philips S.Philips

Hi Grace, thank you for your positive review. Nice to hear you enjoy using your Sonicare toothbrush and Airfloss so much!

twink118
twink118Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is a game changer in the world of oral hygiene. my teeth have honestly never felt so clean. when you go to the dentist for a clean and your teeth feel brand new afterwards thats how I feel all the time now. My teeth are also whiter then before using the set. very happy with the Philips Sonicare toothbrush and floss set.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for sharing your experience here! Nice to hear you happy with your Sonicare toothbrush and Airfloss and that it really gives you the dentist-clean feeling.

The Philips Australia Team

This product was a massive step up from my old Oral-b electric toothbrush. Have really noticed improvement in oral hygiene using this. The AirFloss is a game changer for someone who has never been a fan of flossing.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Cray, thank you for sharing your experience here! We're happy to hear you enjoy the Airfloss and it's a real addition to your oral hygiene game.

Denise
Deniseasked
Sonicare AirFloss Ultra HX8340

I have been using my air floss everyday, with diluted mouthwash, since I got it as a Christmas presents and lately it keeps cutting off, it turns back on again but then turns off again. It doesn’t need charged because it does it straight after that. Does this mean it’s the end of it? I would have expected it to last longer than 9 months.

Karina C.asked
Sonicare AirFloss Ultra HX8431/03 (Black)

The air floss ultra black edition is it meant to sound springy? When ever i spray it makes a springy sound and vibrates inside. My partners white one does not do this so i was wondering if the black one was manufactured differently

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your question here, Katina. We're sorry to hear your Sonicare is making a strange noise. This must be very inconvenient. The noise you are hearing might be caused because the reservoir vent needs to be cleaned. We recommend (1) Take a damp/moist paper tower or cotton swab, (2) Wipe along the inside edge of the reservoir door opening, especially on the top area, (3) Rinse well with cold tap water and ensure that there are no debris/dust left. Also, ensure that there are no debris from paper tower or cotton swab inside the reservoir area. Should you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our colleagues directly at 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm (NZ) or 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST (AU).

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Karina C.

So your saying my brand new airfloss has debris from the packing itself? I literally took it out the box recharged it for required amount and flossed my teeth and found that the springy sound thats coming from the inside which vibrates the entire airfloss which is not the same as my partners airfloss. Your telling me theres debris? In a brand new airfloss?

Philips S.Philips

Apologies for our misunderstanding, Karina. We did not know your AirFloss was new. In that case, we would highly recommend contacting our local colleagues, who can assist you further. They can be reached at the following numbers here: 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm (NZ) or 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST (AU). They will be happy to help.

Antonio S.
Antonio S.asked
Sonicare AirFloss Ultra HX8431/03 (Black)

Can the flossing still be used to brush your teeth?

Jie xin xin Y.

Flossing only blast over the surface of your teeth, I think if U could also brush you teeth that would be better

Hi Antonio,
Thank you for reaching out to us. You ask us a good question here, but the answers is unfortunately that our AirFloss devices aren't designed for the purpose of brushing your teeth. If you'd like a toothbrush, then you may want to take a look at our Sonicare line of electric toothbrushes: https://bit.ly/2RFf9bT. We hope this helps, if not, then please feel free to reach out to us via 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We'll be happy to help.

See all Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Features:

The Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra combines air with mouthwash or water and sends a stream into your mouth as a way of dislodging particles between your teeth and cleaning along your gum line. It comes with a wide, angled nozzle which provides easy access to parts of the mouth that are harder to reach, a large liquid reservoir and guidance tips to glide along the gumline. There is a travel charger and 1 head included in the package.

Points of praise:

Reviewers loved that the product was easy to use and found it to be effective in cleaning between their teeth. The design is also sleek and compact.

To consider:

The Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra could be too harsh for sensitive teeth, the price point is a drawback and a few users found that their air flossers broke after a short time.

Compare all 10 Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro/Ultra
CategoryElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & Flossers
Price (RRP) $189.00$239.00$479.00$479.00
PurposeFlossingFlossingBrushing and FlossingBrushing and Flossing
FeaturesCharging Case and Travel CaseCharging CaseCharging Case and Travel CaseCharging Case and Travel Case
Battery Life21 days21 days21 days21 days
Brushing / Flossing Modes5555
Brush Heads / Flosser Tips Included1211
BatteryInternalInternalInternalInternal
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackWhitePinkBlack