Philips Sonicare DiamondClean

HX9352/04 (Black), HX9332/04, HX9362/67 (Pink), etc...

Pros

• 3 week battery life

• 5 brushing modes

• USB travel case

• Smart app feature

Cons

• Premium price

• Brush heads are expensive to replace

• Tends to break after 1-2 years

• Battery Life
  • Sensitive Teeth/GumsYes (9) · No (15)

JZZ
JZZ

Love it! But I’m onto my 4th one. All dead a few weeks after 2 yr mark, except for the first one.

I love this toothbrush. My partner and I are long time users. But, the toothbrush never last past the two year mark. They all die around then. It’s really pricey to be replacing such a toothbrush every two years!!

The earlier version of this toothbrush seems to be of a better quality. My first ever toothbrush of this model lasted way longer than subsequent ones.

AndrewSydney, NSW

Works well for as long as it works

Purchased my 2nd 8 months ago. Like the first it worked really well, until it just stopped. Dead. Nothing. The first after 20 months the second after only 8 months.

Purchased in July 2020.

Thanks. I will try that

Andrew

Thanks again. That worked!

VandoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

All 3 toothbrushes broken just after 2 years

When I first tried it, I loved it and bought all my family members 1 each. Just after 2 years, all 3 had stop working. Very expensive toothbrush to be replaced after 2 years. It is a common issue with these toothbrushes as reviews have shown. Read the negative reviews before buying.

Purchased in December 2016 at Shaver Shop for $250.00.

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Find out how Philips Sonicare DiamondClean compares to other Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

Stopped working after less than 2 years

Compared with my.previous Braun OralB I thought the Philips Sonicare was about 80% as effective in terms of cleaning. Good battery life though, until it died after 20 months, started turning itself on and off in the middle of the night then died completely

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for $230.00.

Simon H.
Simon H.South East Queensland, QLD

Good but breaks down too quick

I bought one of these about 3 years ago. I'm on my 4th replacement. Honestly they just don't last. Philips does replace it no questions asked each time, but I would expect a produvct iyf this price to last for several years.

Purchased for $250.00.

A customer
A customer

Broken just over two years

Considering the price and the life of the toothbrush, I would suggest anyone who is considering buying this product buy an extended warranty. It is highly likely the brush would be broken just over two years life.

Having spoken to their livechat, I was told their toothbrush has been designed to last more than 5 years in a range of conditions. The battery included in this product has been tested to perform for at least 10 years.

That's really inconsistent with the real lifespan of their product.

Purchased at David Jones for $300.00.

Ben
BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor quality and not worth the price that you pay!

Purchased in December 2017 at Shaver Shop for $269.00.

Albert
AlbertPerth, WA

Amazing Customer Service

My Toothbrush stopped working after less than 2 years of operation. I was disappointed because while it was working I loved it. My disappointment turned around with the amazing Customer Service I received from Ruth over the phone 1-300-363-391. She was courteous, knowledgeable and I genuinely felt she's there to assist with my query. After lodging my problem, she assured me Philips will replace the handle, and I received it shortly after. Sometimes things brake and stop working, however the way I see it, the Philips Team managed to turn my experience around and I'm grateful for it. Such service makes the difference. Thank you.

Purchased in September 2018.

Disappointing

Had my toothbrush for 2 years and it stopped working. The lights come on after charging but power button doesn’t work after thoroughly cleaning it. Disappointing cost wise and environment wise to have to replace the whole thing but it wouldn’t be another Sonicare.

Purchased in February 2018.

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

quality doesn't match with price

The one i bought stopped working after just over 1 year and not even with every day usage. However I waited for a year to contact Philip as being overseas and only was told it can't be replaced due to outside warranty . Still feel disappointed with the product itself and the money spent and customer care received.

Purchased in May 2017.

Sensitive Teeth/GumsNo
Mindful consumer
Mindful consumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lasted 13 months

Lasted 13 months and started making a strange noise. Two days later stopped working. Not good enough for the price. Would recommend the Braun Oral B my partner has. Still going strong 5 years later.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

VLTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pay $300 bucks and get only 2 years out of this poorly designed toothbrush

Purchased in February 2016 at Myer for $300.00.

VLT

I have already reached out but they suggested I buy another unit at a "discounted" price. Judging by the number of faults reported on this page, it'll break down again after another two years!

I love this toothbrush, but design flaw + poor Philips customer service does not match price tag

Purchased in September 2014 at Shaver Shop for $320.00.

Ram
RamMelbourne

Brush is good when it work but worst customer service

Purchased at Myer for $370.00.

Tim C
Tim C

Mine broke several times

18 months in I have had three new toothbrushes and multiple charging stations replaced. This toothbrush is poorly made and I would not recommend it. When it works, it's good but when it doesn't it's not worth the expensive price tag.

Purchased in October 2018.

Kelly D.
Kelly D.asked
Sonicare DiamondClean

My sonic care won't turn on - when placed on the charger it is lighting up and blinking.
what does this mean, it is about 1 year old.

Andrew

Mine refused to even light up also after about 1 year. Someone from philips suggested I do a factory reset which is:
After charging for 24 hrs, and while still on charge, press and hold down the start button for a full 7 seconds.
This worked on mine although it seemed to have its own mind for 24 hrs after, turning on, cycling thru modes on its own. It’s ok now.
Good luck

Vando

These Phillips toothbrushes are known the die after 1-2 years. It looks like your battery is not retaining charge. I had to replace some of the toothbrushes with new batteries. It requires soldering, so unless you are quite handy, I would suggest to call phillips and they will replace your toothbrush. There’s 2 years warranty on them. When the warranty runs out, save the money and buy the oral-b new design toothbrushes instead.

Hi there, Kelly.
Thanks for reaching out to us! We're sorry to hear this. Have you perhaps tried a factory reset? This can be done by charging it for 24 hours, and then press and hold the power button for 7 seconds, while keeping the toothbrush on the charger.

If this doesn't work out then our colleagues from our support team would happily look into this for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

NotImpressed92asked
Sonicare DiamondClean

Our first Diamondcare lasted about two years. Our second was purchased in June 2019 - 14 months ago, and it appears to be dying. It runs for thirty seconds at a time - no exceptions - and only has two options available, “clean” and “white”. If you try to cycle past those two, they flash and it fully turns off. Instructions for resetting aren’t working, and it is indicating a full charge. What’s the solution, because this was an expensive toothbrush and it should last more than 14 months.

Mimi

Agreed. I bought two with the other one still working ( not every day usage) for nearly 3 years actual usage would be just 2 years I dare not to buy replacement head being the quality so unstable I am expecting it probably stop working any minute. Philips doesn’t seem to have assurance on such an expensive device. Disappointing service along with the quality

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. We're sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience with your Sonicare toothbrush. We can imagine this is a bit annoying to you. We would like to see how we can help. Is there any indication that your Sonicare is charging when it is plugged in? If no then we recommend trying a different outlet to see if that helps.

Also, are you using the original charger that came with your Sonicare? If you happen to have an additional charger of the same kind then please charge your toothbrush with it to see if that helps. If the issue continues then Please feel free to get in touch via social media. We’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). You can also reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ).

NotImpressed92

It's in the original charger. I also tried the charger from the old toothbrush. Nothing has changed. The toothbrush doesn't work and I need to make a warranty claim.

STJ
STJasked
Sonicare DiamondClean HX9362/67 (Pink)

I have had my toothbrush for not even 2 months and it is already broken. The head doesn’t sit on right and it makes a lot of noise and just wiggles around but not really effectively connecting either the bristles to brush my teeth properly. I think I may have thrown out the warranty from inside the box but I would still have the email from when I bought it online.
I loved it when it was working but am disappointed that it’s already broken after not even 2 months use.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your review here with us. It's unfortunate to hear your Sonicare has stopped working properly. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product team. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Mimi

Hi I bought one but only was used for less than a year before it wouldn’t charge and no light on. It has our side the warranty can it be fixed?

Hi there Mimi,
We are sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Sonicare. The warranty for the Sonicare is usually two years. We invite you to reach out to us on either social media: Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare), or you can reach us by phone. You can do so on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They will be more than happy to help and answer all of your questions.

See all Philips Sonicare DiamondClean questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Features:

This top-of-the-market premium product has a wide range of features. In addition to cleaning your teeth it has:

• 5 brushing modes - clean, sensitive, polish, white and gum care.
  • 3 weeks of battery life in-between charges.
  • Interchangeable whitening sonic power brush heads.
  • Sleek charging glass - can be used for rinsing after brushing and looks at home on the bathroom counter.
  • Travel case with USB charging.
  • Up to 62,000 brush movements/minute.
  • Timer & automatic stop after 2 minutes.
  • Battery indicator.
  • Slim and ergonomic handle.
  • A matching smartphone app which can be used to analyse brushing habits.

Points of praise:

Reviewers felt like the product provided a really deep clean, they raved highly about the choice of different cleaning modes and appreciated the long battery life. In addition, those who travelled found the product to be easily portable.

To consider:

Some reviewers found that their toothbrush broke very easily or only lasted 1-2 years - it is therefore recommended to get an extended warranty. There were also complaints about Phillips’ customer service in response to broken instruments. Phillips’ replaceable brush heads are more expensive than other brands.

Compare all 7 Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
CategoryElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & Flossers
Price (RRP) $369.00$369.00$369.00$369.00
PurposeBrushingBrushingBrushingBrushing
FeaturesCharging Case, Timer and Travel CaseCharging Case, Timer and Travel CaseCharging Case, Timer and Travel CaseCharging Case, Timer and Travel Case
Battery Life21 days21 days21 days21 days
Brushing / Flossing Modes5555
Brush Heads / Flosser Tips Included2222
BatteryInternalInternalInternalInternal
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack and PinkRose GoldBlackPink