Philips Thermo Protect Ionic

HP8233/00, HP8232/00

Leo A Moriarty

Leo A MoriartySANDALWOOD

Five Stars

I picked this up because I have the full size version and it's great, but I wanted something compact to keep on my counter. I recently got bangs and blow drying them wet with a round brush is the only way they look right. This does the job beautifully, fast, and doesn't take more than a minute. I only dry my bangs. Highly recommended.

femmefatale

femmefataleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Value for money

I have used my friend's hair dryer of the same model. She had only good reviews. I was looking for a good but cheap hair dryer that works and has a diffuser for my wavy hair. It works great - ionic, with hot/cold settings, 2 levels for "blower strength", 2 attachments - diffuser, styling. Price was $39 only at Amazon EOFY sale.

Gigreat

GigreatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Philips HP8233

Very powerful hair dryer. with 2 changeable head ( normal flat blower and silicon with holes that can goes into dry the long hair quicker.
It has small holes on the back of hair dryer to prevent hair coming through to the heating elements.
the disadvantage is too big for my daughter's hand.
over all it's very good hair dryer. bought on april 2017 on K.G Electronic on ebay for $54

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for writing a review and we're happy that you're satisfied with this product of ours!

smartieSA, 5043

Great little beauty

It's easy to use and functional so I can dry my hair quicker without any damage with the Ionic function on.
Multiple speed and temperature settings are very useful for me and my little one as well.
However I haven't used the round attachment very much so I can't tell about this one though, but still great without it.

Philips S.Philips

We're very glad to hear this and thanks for sharing! :)

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best hairdryer I've ever owned.

Prior to owning this, I had a Wahl super dryer that cost a fair bit. It died suddenly one day, so I had to run out to the shops to buy another one for an important event that night. So glad I chose this one! Best hairdryer I've ever owned. It's nice and light and dries my long hair really quickly. Very pleased.

jules301

jules301Brisbane

Excellent Product WITHOUT the exorbitant price tag

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for a great review, Jules. This description of the product is almost as good as the one at our own website ;-) We're very glad to hear you love the Philips hair dryer, enjoy drying and styling!

May Mamdouh

May Mamdouhasked

How long can this hairdryer keep working consecutively, please?

smartie

I've got a long hair that's length is around under arms. I've have been using this one as main hair dryer, until my long hair's totally dried up. I've been hanging onto this one, about 7-10min every morning. Hair dryer is still working good without any over heating or trouble. Hope it's helpful :)

Philips S.Philips

Hi May, thank you for this question. We're not entirely sure about this as our manual and FAQs are silent about this. Therefore, we'd advise you to give a call to our experts about this. You can reach them at 1300 363 391 when you're in Australia and at 0800 658 224 when you're in New Zealand. Hopefully, they'll be able to give you an indication.

Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

wenzcha

wenzchaasked

I want buy this model but first I'd like to know whether this model is easy to carry for traveling ?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Wenzcha, thanks for your question and interest in the hair dryer! We checked the weight and dimensions for you and you can find them here:
http://philips.to/2nuwxQ9. We hope that this is what you were looking for.

May Tsang

May Tsangasked

I am going to buy this model. Would you please give me the length of the longest massage tooth of the diffuser? I hope they are at least 4cm in length because I bought one of other brand before they are too short for my requirement. Thanks!

Philips S.Philips

Hello May, thank you for your question. The length of the volume diffuser that comes with the HP8233/00 is 11mm long, which seems to not meet your requirement at this point. In any case, we'd like to thank you for your feedback. We'll send your preferences over to our development team for their reference in the future.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives