Aware Sensitive Laundry Powder

Aware Sensitive Laundry Powder

See the Best Laundry Detergents in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Aware (Planet Ark)

• Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (8)
  • Smell
Deb S.
Deb S.South East Queensland, QLD

Best washing powder!

40 years of washing clothes, using all brands, plus stain removers.
AWARE is the best! Absolutely none better.
My white/ lights are brilliant. Just removed old blood stain out of a sheet.

Purchased in June 2021 at Woolworths for $9.00.

Smell
BrenX26
BrenX26

Doesn't clean very well.

Everyday clothes, work clothes. The detergent is very mild at best. Won't remove odours etc. I don't have allergies and used it for a family member who insisted on it.

Vicci G
Vicci GSouth East Queensland, QLD

The only one for me.

Having Multiple Chemical Sensitivity i just want to wash my clothes in a fragrance free irritant free washing solution. This is the only one for me. I have been using it for years. Cleans clothes, no odour whatsoever and no irritation. Thankyou a million times over.
Keep making such products so that we can live in a fragrance free world that is good for the planet as well.

Purchased in March 2021 at Coles for $8.00.

Smell
Laundry Detergents

Find out how Aware Sensitive Laundry Powder compares to other Laundry Detergents

The Best All-round Washing Powder

It washes my clothes really well. Does not leave a fragrance which is important to me. Also is safe to use with our septic system. Been using it for years.

Purchased in January 2005 at Woolworths for $6.75.

Smell
luminair
luminair

SENSITIVE ON THE NOSE

I have multiple chemical sensitivities as well as being severely asthmatic and this is the only laundry powder that I can use that doesn't cause a nasty reaction health wise for me. I use it for regular washes and normally find I can buy it from Woolworths here in Sydney Australia.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths Online store.

Smell

Anaphylactic reaction to the liquid version of this product.

Smell
Lauretta Fawn
Lauretta FawnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works great for eczema prone skin, but...

We have been using this product for about 2 years for our eczema prone son, but I have since developed an allergy or sensitivity to the laundry powder, not sure exactly what plant ingredients are used but would love to know as I may have to use a competing brand of a similar product as a substitute.

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store for $4.50.

Causes Irritation Yes
Duane H
Duane HGippsland, VIC

The only product that stopped my bed linen itching

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths.

Causes Irritation No
Dee
DeeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

What happened

I've been using Aware laundry powder for years, but have noticed the last three boxes (since they changed the packaging) don't wash nearly as well. Did they change the powder content as well? My socks and hubby's dirty gardening clothes come out just as dirty. Very disappointing, will have to find another detergent for sensitive skin.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $11.00.

Smell
Laundry Detergents

Corrine
CorrinePerth, WA

Good for your skin and the environment

I use this powder to wash everything; clothes, swimmers, towels, sheets. I usually just tip the powder straight into my front loader but would recommend dissolving first when washing bulky items because those are the times I have noticed a little bit of remnant powder on things after the wash cycle has finished.
It's earth friendly! I love that it comes in a cardboard box without a plastic scoop and, most importantly for my family, it is great for sensitive skin because it has no harsh chemicals or fragrances.

Smell
Jo W
Jo WPerth, WA

The only laundry cleaner my son can use

We have tried almost every sensitive laundry powder available and this is the only product that doesn’t make my sons eczema flare up. Cleans very well in warm water (we use warm water so we can use less powder and have less build up in the clothes. We add tea tree essential oil to add a fresh non-toxic scent as this product has no scent at all. We’ve been using this for the last 5 years. It’s great!

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths Online store for $6.00.

Smell
sharon
sharonSouth East Queensland, QLD

white powder left behind

Used this product 4 months ago, washed really well.
Bought it again last week, and now have a white powder on everything i have washed, and yes i did mix it before adding my clothes.
Not happy, had to re-wash everything, will not be wasting my money .

Purchased in June 2019 for $6.00.

Causes Irritation Yes
DPW
DPWSydney

Bravo! A washing powder that is truly fragrance-free

This washing powder is the only one I can find on sale that is actually fragrance-free. If you react badly to fragrances, be sure to read label on the packaging of each brand of washing powder before you buy it. Many so-called "green" washing powders actually contain fragrances -- but thankfully I have found Planet Ark Aware Eco Choice Sensitive Washing Powder which does not contain any fragrance.

I have found that most washing powders on the market contain fragrances (and often very strong ones) that cause me to have headaches. Happily, this washing powder is the exception.

In addition, this washing powder leaves my clothing feeling fresh and clean.

Doesn't clean well

I bought this as I had one item I needed to wash with enzyme free detergent. I put a few other items of clothing in and it did a really poor job. The clothes came out smelly and dirty and I had to hand wash them after.

Pearl C
Pearl CAU

Very good

I love it. I can't fault it at all. Great for sensitive skin. Recommend to everyone! I just think it is easy to use. Totally in for saving the planet.

Read more reviews - page 2