Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C

Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW), PC-58AP/C (6.0kW), PC-44BP/C (4.4kW)

Portable Air Conditioners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of portable air conditioner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Room Type
  • Portability

Lesley T.

Lesley T.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Exceeds expectations

With 35-38 degree days I would be lost without my Polocool PC-50XLA. I run it From early morning and it cools my lounge and kitchen down well. Keep doors and curtains closed. For a renter this machine is ideal.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,295.00.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated

Pal

PalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Intermittent clunk, thud, cough sound and water tank fills up

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,195.00.

Home Insulation Level Good

BobSydney, NSW

Caught on fire

1.30am this morning woke up to smoke alarm going off. Electrical fire started in air conditioner unit. Unit is about 4 years old and maintained regularly. Was a good unit until this happened

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom

Telulah H.Central Queensland, QLD

When it isnt playing up.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Small Bedroom
Telulah H.

Would like to update as i had my unit swapped at harvey norman today. Got it home turned it on and now its making a grinding noise! Im so done with these machines

hena s.

hena s.Sydney, NSW

Cannot live without it !!

I love it soo much and it’s saved us through summer. Clean and not too loud and affordable. Reliable and not a nuisance to use thank you

A Jones

A JonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works a treat!

Money well spent, this unit is fantastic. It's 40 degrees outside but it's nice and cool inside. Works well in large open spaces and it isn't very loud. I highly recommended this unit if you want instant relief from unbearable summer heat.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $990.00.

Tuhoe

TuhoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic

I have the mega polocool.. it is so awesome..it's worth the money as u don't need to empty it or anything only at end of season.. even then it's so easy.. hardly any water.. easy to clean.. highly recommended..I was lucky to purchase mine off a mate for a few hundred who was moving into a place with ducted air conditioned home and only had it 6 months and so was still under 2 year warranty..but I so would've purchased this at Harvey Norman..

Kieren A.

Kieren A.Murray Region, NSW

Can buy them for 200 2nd hand

Is a very powerful A/C. at 2300w it uses some power but can rival small split systems in cooling output.
Pain to connect and seal because of how much heat it expels but other than that, fantastic for a medium sized house! If you get this for 200 bucks second hand you cant make a better choice.

Purchased in May 2015 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Home Insulation Level Poor
Room Type Whole House
Corey T

Corey TMid North Coast, NSW

Perfect Air con unit.

This has got to be the best Portable Air Con unit.
It’s well priced, easy to maintain gets icy cold even on 30°+ days. It does a great job of cooling the open plan living area of my townhouse.

Purchased in January 2017 for $1,299.00.

Rose

RoseMIDGENOO

Excellent customer service

My old air conditioner broke down. So I decided to get a portable air conditioner, coz it can be used more flexibly. Having arrived about a week, well packed. Very easy to install the hot air exhaust hose and the water drain hose. There is a CAUTION on the side of the box not easy to be noted saying operating it after 24 hours. I have put it for more than 24 hours and the unit blows cold air after turning on 30 seconds. The temperature is down to 61 degrees quickly. It’s much quieter than I expected and the remote control makes it easier to use. I like the good-looking design. And the filter is on the back, very easy to clean. Love this!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Sav

SavSouth Australia, 5106

Way over rated

This portable air con is way over rated. At best in moderate heat it barely keeps up just making it slightly bearable. The first unit we had went faulty and blew nothing but air. The replacement is no better and or though cold is coming out it doesn't help the room sadly

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Chippy27

Chippy27Williamstown

heavy duty portable air conditioner

I knew this was better than the previous one a soon as I unpacked it. It solid and heavy. The pipes are heavier duty, the plastic is better quality even the rollers are better. Hooked it up and I was rewarded with COLD air and relief of the hottest days. Wife took to it and loves it too. This is the model to get people. Its dear but its worth it!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Irene V

Irene VSydney

Amazing lasts forever

We bought this PC44 as an impulse buy but it's the best thing we have done! We sleep better and longer. We have a large bedroom and this does the job! It is little noisy but not enough to wake you up and the exhaust hose could be longer but the window kit fits our window perfectly and blows all the hot air out. We rent so no damage and completely relocatable. We set it on auto at 24° and forget it. Its a solid unit and uses mist technology to keep to temperature down and the humidity just right. Love it. 5 years still going strong.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Aristotle

AristotleCamberwell

Cooled Out Lounge

We have the top level one (6Kw) and it can cool our lounge room, no worries. You do get a bit of fan noise but that is par for the course with these. There is no tank to empty which is good as it mists the water out the widow pipe with the hot air. It came with a very simple remote and instructions. This machine is priced high but it delivers good cooling and is well made.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Eltham

ElthamTullamarine

Good for a small room

This product is great for a small room, it's not noisy, put it in a corner and cools the entire room in no time it's performance is great. You can easily manoeuvre it if need be. It's a great product for someone who can't install a proper ac unit, it does the job perfectly.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sandy22

Sandy22melbourne

Excellent Air-con - Bit Pricey

We are very happy with the performance of this air conditioner but I feel the initial price is very high. It's a bit like Apple products where they are better than average but its debatable if they are better enough to justify the high price tag. The machine does work very well, it is well made and once you connect the hoses and plug it in it delivers lots of cold air and made a big difference to us this summer. Its on wheels so you can move it room to room. I think its a little noisy running but that's because all the components that would normally be outside are in the room. Its an effective but pricey machine

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Sailboat

SailboatMelbourne

Three Summers Later Still Great

We got this because of the heatwave three years ago and my goodness! It made a difference from day one. There is not much worse than not being able to sleep due to the heat and this cured that instantly. There is a hose you attach to a nearby window with an included folding kit and it sends all the hot air out that. It can turn a 40c bedroom into- a 20c one very quickly. 20 minutes is all it needs. Best thing is that its on windows so you can put it away when not needed. Great machine! Perhaps a little pricey but definitely worth it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

F1ord

F1ordmelbourne

Saved Me This Summer

This is the slightly less powerful model from polocool, the 4.4kw. It still has more than adequate power to easily cool our largish bedroom. I mean really cool too, not an asthmatic wheeze like our old Aldi one! The Polocool really produces cold air and is the next best thing to fully installed aircon. It also requires no maintenance other than cleaning the filter occasionally as it self evaporates the moisture out the hot air window hose. These are good machines, I recommend them to anyone.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Magical

Magicalmelbourne

Top Notch Results

Top notch air con from Polo cool really works well
Polo cools are a bit dearer than the cheapie ones but really worth it. Ours has brought excellent cooling to the sun struck lounge room of our rental house for three summers.
It is well made. Quite heavily built and has decent hoses and plastics.
It really pumps out the cold air and cools the lounge down quickly. It is chewing a fair bit of power to achieve this though so you need to keep an eye on consumption.
A very effective machine

Date PurchasedOct 2015

GoneCamping1975

GoneCamping1975Sydney, NSW

Powerful portable aircon

We bought this unit during a heatwave. The unit itself is heavy. Sign of a quality unit.
It took around 30 mins to assemble the exhaust hose. It needs to be close to a window to be safe to run.
The unit cools down a room very fast.
We only have one negative point to make. We use our aircon in the bedroom. Our unit has blue lights that at night I can tell they are on. (Tall ships use red lights in living quarters that are constantly on at night when you sleep. The red light doesn’t affect people’s sleep.) polocool please take this into consideration as having the blue light is like having a constant light on in the room

Date PurchasedJan 2016