Polocool PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Polocool PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

MPN: 5596

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

A portable air conditioner is a great way to stay cool, but with the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Chippy27

Chippy27Williamstown

heavy duty portable air conditioner

I knew this was better than the previous one a soon as I unpacked it. It solid and heavy. The pipes are heavier duty, the plastic is better quality even the rollers are better. Hooked it up and I was rewarded with COLD air and relief of the hottest days. Wife took to it and loves it too. This is the model to get people. Its dear but its worth it!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Aristotle

AristotleCamberwell

Cooled Out Lounge

We have the top level one (6Kw) and it can cool our lounge room, no worries. You do get a bit of fan noise but that is par for the course with these. There is no tank to empty which is good as it mists the water out the widow pipe with the hot air. It came with a very simple remote and instructions. This machine is priced high but it delivers good cooling and is well made.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sailboat

SailboatMelbourne

Three Summers Later Still Great

We got this because of the heatwave three years ago and my goodness! It made a difference from day one. There is not much worse than not being able to sleep due to the heat and this cured that instantly. There is a hose you attach to a nearby window with an included folding kit and it sends all the hot air out that. It can turn a 40c bedroom into- a 20c one very quickly. 20 minutes is all it needs. Best thing is that its on windows so you can put it away when not needed. Great machine! Perhaps a little pricey but definitely worth it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Polocool PC-53AP/C (5.5kW) compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Magical

Magicalmelbourne

Top Notch Results

Top notch air con from Polo cool really works well
Polo cools are a bit dearer than the cheapie ones but really worth it. Ours has brought excellent cooling to the sun struck lounge room of our rental house for three summers.
It is well made. Quite heavily built and has decent hoses and plastics.
It really pumps out the cold air and cools the lounge down quickly. It is chewing a fair bit of power to achieve this though so you need to keep an eye on consumption.
A very effective machine

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Golfdad1956

Golfdad1956Melbourne

The Best Portable Choice

I love this aircon!
I saved our skins on so many hot Melbourne nights.
I have tried many of the portables but only these Polocools really bring the goods an effective cool down a lounge room on a 40c plus day.
They have much more solid construction than most of the others and also don't require the water being emptied as they mist it into the outlet vent.
Trust me, the others are pretty much a waste of time compared to this unit. Good news on spare parts too, they are readily available locally in Melbourne from Polocool.
Sure its dearer but you can't go wrong with this unit.
It's worth it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hayley D

Hayley DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pure coolness at its best

I would be lost without this magical unit now. It has managed to keep up on the hottest of our days without so much as a hiccup. My son has autism and doesn't cope with the heat well so this has been a god send. The noise is actually not that loud which i was happy with.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
SG1

SG1Melbourne

Hot Weather Saver

This machine is AMAZING!! we got this living in a very small apartment and it literally takes moments to cool down the place and it keeps it cool. We find this sometimes better than a standard split system in the hot summer days. we will always use this during summer

Date PurchasedJan 2015

LisaBrisbane

This does the job if u r renting

Firstly, This does cool and just cool. It keeps the room cooler if not icy. We got the size they recommended but I would say we needed bigger as it drops the temp but doesn't really make the room cool like a split system. It does need emptying even if u dont use the dehumidifier. and its messy to drain as the drain is so low to the floor. Take it outside. It is super noisy so beware if u need a quiet unit. But if u r renting and need a unit to cool then this does the job

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Joe

JoeGippsland, VIC

Great for first few years, then smoke poured out, it is now dead

It was a great little air conditioner, especially because we moved a lot. However, a few years after purchasing it, one day we turned it on and smoke started coming out of the air cond. needless to say it was dead, and found its way on the rubbish pile.
I would consider another one, but not from the Ballarat store, as he treated us like we broke it on purpose and offered no assistance.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Tony P

Tony PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pefect answer this summer

Date PurchasedDec 2016
LadyOfThree

LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

Good for a small room.

Moderate sound level when operating, cools quite well, good for a small area. Would not recommend for a lounge room - even if it is used in the m2 allowance. Does take up quite a bit of space. Great choice if you're in a rental. One of the better portable units.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
spudcat

spudcatPerth, WA

dont buy as waste of money

bought this as salesman said best on market and this was after i told him i was pensioner and was costing alot stupid me for trusting, had to take back twice as very loud, thurmostat goes on and off all the time and cooling is no better than fan.it is heavy ,no handles to move ,swapped for omega altise and have never looked back.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
JW19

JW19Sydney, NSW

Great & powerful unit

Ok, let's start by saying it's not very quiet as it's not a fan. The condenser unit is in-built to the portable aircon hence the noise. If you can't accept the noise, I think you need to get a split-system installed. However if you're like us and can bear the noise, this is a great unit. It's powerful enough for a 1-bed apartment living room (not very big space-wise) during those hot days. I would rather have the noise and than to bear the summer heat. It also comes with piping and window kit, which we wrapped in bubble-wrap for a better insulation against outside warm air. From memory, we only had to empty the water tank twice in the 5-year we have this unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Always gets a full tank

I do like this air conditioner for an average sized room. It cools it beautifully. My only complaint is the advertising says you never have to empty the tank yet my unit needs emptying every 20 minutes or so. And they are not the easiest things to empty making it more of a nuisance than a help I have called the company and the seller and no one can help. It's left us hot and bothered which is a shame because it does cool well. Perhaps they should take that line out of their advertising.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Was good for a while

We had the same problem as above. Worked perfectly for a few months then keeps cutting out to fan only. Polocool say it's the room temp that's cool enough - never had this problem before.
Has anyone else had it do this? I'm out of warranty now too . Not sure what to do

Date PurchasedJan 2015

kim48

kim48Nelson Bay

Biggest Portable Air Conditioning Available

2311052jed

2311052jedSouth East Queensland, QLD

best portable air con

One of the most expensive portable air cons but ultra reliable and very effective. I have used this throughout the summer and it has performed very well and I only emptied out a very small amount of condensation once. Awesome machine and I highly recommend it above all others that I looked at

Great Air Conditioner

I bought mine about four years ago. The first one played up after 12 months, rattling and making a dreadful noise. It was exchanged under guarantee, and I have had the same one since. An extremely effective cooler in a large area, but I have found it quite heavy on power usage. However, it is the best and most powerful portable system available. Not too noisy, and the fan is powerful. Very heavy to move on carpet, but I am happy that I purchased this particular unit, and it is reliable and something I use all the time in summer.

Denise Huirua

Denise HuiruaNsw

Brilliant - Highly Recommend

Bought this as a temporary measure as our home was getting A/C installed during winter. The space we had was a large space comprising of lounge and dining area. This machine cooled the room to a lovely 20 degrees in a 39 degree heat wave and kept it cool. Was worth every single cent and very good on power usage. Now it is in the play room and just as good as the first day we bought him home. Very much a part of the family and will never get rid of it. Have highly recommended for people who don't have these units and need portable AC. Will not disappoint!!

Good aircon

Bought it second hand, had to replace an electric item, works continuously except if I put it on 25 degrees C, then the unit stops but the fan keeps going then starts up again after a few minutes. Also very little water runs out of the drain and we live in a very humid area, where other aircons fill buckets mine doesn't, anyone else having these cases?

See all Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C reviews