Pope Aquazone Duo Tap Timer 1010377

Pope Aquazone Duo Tap Timer 1010377

1.3

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Top price, lowest possible quality - will never buy this brand again

I have had this product for just over 12 months and in that time I would have to power cycle it every month by removing the battery and replacing it in order to get the timer to trigger on schedule. After the 12 months the water inlet snapped from the tap which has no pressure on it but the water coming from the tap. Just wish Bunnings would stock some better brands.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$79.00.

Kelly M

Kelly MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Failed after 12 months

Worked really well for 12 months then failed spectacularly. Water gushing from tap to timer attachments and no way to fix/replace or tighten. Completely unusable and very disappointing considering the cost. And as I’ve since bought another I’m now just waiting for it to fail.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$99.00.

kymp

kympMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Aquazone dud

ZOne A works but no action with zone B. Screen says it is working but nothing is happening. Can't get either Zone to work under Manual setting. What a dud! Heading back to Bunnings for a refund!

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Brian P.

Brian P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Should have read the reviews.....POS

Our pope aquazone duo lasted two days before failing like everyone else’s in these reviews. The solenoid for one of the zones will not open even though the screen says it should be open and watering. Seriously Pope you have clearly gone to market with a faulty product. Stop taking the p1ss out of consumers and pull the product from bunnings before detrimental damage is done to your companies name. I sure as hell won’t be buying another one of your products again but you have the choice to do the right thing by future consumers.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of time money and effort.

I don’t understand why Bunning’s sells more and more rubbish these days, this is the third unit I bought and they don’t open the next day or two, the valve gets stuck, the screen says it’s watering but no water is flowing.

Purchased at Bunning's for A$99.00.

Avery

AveryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Useless & waste of money

7th Dec 2019 i bought the product, got it home and found it very easy to set up. Installed and tested to find it worked well. 8th & 9th Dec it worked then it failed the 10th. Bunnings immediately replaced it for me. Took home, installed, tested and as before it worked for 2 days and packed up again! Both times it was tge valves getting stuck in the closed oosition.

Not going to waste my time, money or effort on that POS again!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings for A$99.00.

Gini

GiniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money.

Zones dont work properly so whats the point. I put mine in the bin and wished Id read the reviews before buying. Disappointing from what was a go to brand.

Purchased in August 2019.

ulli K.

ulli K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Replacement failed after a few weeks of usage

First unit lasted 4 month and zone A refused to work. Also had internal leak with water pouring out around connection A (not out of the actual connection). Unable to use manual settings. Contacted Pope and they advised to exchange at Bunnings. Did so without any problems but replacement has given up after a few weeks of operation, timer works but valves inside don't seem to open.
Had disappointing cheap Chinese timers before and thought I buy an Australian product. Sorry Mr. Pope, this is not a good product. Reviews are not encouraging to buy another timer of your brand.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$78.26.

nsc

nscSydney Surrounds, NSW

Useless

Absolutely useless doesnt even have enough pressure for 3 pop up sprinklers. Wish I read reviews first . Noisy when in use Must cut water pressure by around 40%
Would not recommend

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

FivedaysAU

Failed a few months out of warranty

Installed and working for a bit over a year without issue. When I went to reset the unit to a new time setting I found that I could only see a part of each digit so it was impossible to set. Changed batteries and was no better. Contacted the online seller who wasn't interested. Then contacted Pope via email on their website, but there was a deathly silence. Not happy with an $80 product that only lasts a year or so and the manufacturer washes their hands of it. Looking at a couple of other reviews it would seem others also have some issues with this brand.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$78.90.

BernieT

BernieTAU

Dont buy this unit

I purchased the unit 4 months ago from Bunnings. It worked well at first and then the moisture leaked into the LCD display making it hard to read. I wasnt able to dry it out. About a month ago the timer started to jump from AM to PM by itself, and tonight it failed altogether.
These are expensive timers and the waterproofing quality is appalling.
I only wish I could find my receipt so I could return it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$78.00.

PeterSydney, NSW

garbage

One of the outlets became intermittent after about a month, and failed altogether after about 6 months.
The landscaper who installed it is now out of business, and refuses to replace it.
A call to pope was more positive - they'd replace it if i paid for postage for the returned item and the replacement....which would be almost as much as buying a new device from a competitor...

Purchased in August 2018 for A$100.00.

Thank you Pope team.

While it is nice that you offer to fix the problem it's too late. Based on these reviews I'm not certain a replacement would end my woes so I have bought another brand

Pope aquazone duo

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Bob

Bob

Rubbish

You can not alter the zones for different days watering eg... Zone A once per week , Zone B for twice a week, Zone C every day ,it will only let you set for one setting only on the water day cycle the zones must all be the same poor form Mr Pope

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Chris

ChrisAU

Not total junk, Lasted only until just out of warranty.

Worked OK for a bit over a year. It then started leaking water from the unit, zone B would be constantly running water at half pressure.
The manual zone setting never worked properly from new, (both zones would work at once. I could live with that).
I stupidly replaced it with a new one as hose fittings were made to suit this model. The new one failed from the first minute out of the packet, one zone constantly running water.
I got a refund at Bunnings without an issue for 2nd one. I am sure the first timer had a count down timer to fail after 14 months.
I ended up changing a few fittings at the tap and set it up for 2 separate $30 Aldi single zone timers and still had change...The Aldi ones come with batteries also the same warranty.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Alan T

Alan T

Fully agree with Gregory, Brisbane

Mine works fine as a single zone unit, but you can't set the watering days for Zone B to differ from Zone A. Eventually worked out the programming (poorly done, clearly not properly tested). I have spent hours trying to set up Zone A to water lawn once a week and Zone B to drip feed shrubs daily. Can't be done, the watering days for both Zones MUST be the same. False advertising by Pope, if they sold it as a single zone unit it would be ok. But not merchantable quality as a duo zone unit. Pope should withdraw it from sale.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

craigwreid1Sydney, NSW

Died after 13 months

I bought this timer as a better quality replacement for another brand that had died twice. I wish I hadn’t. It started to leak after 12 months and by month 13 was gushing out and unusable. I would have expected a $70 tap timer to last longer than 13 months. I will avoid Pope products in future.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
craigwreid1

Have already spoken to them but as unit has been thrown out no solution has been offered.

Vivienne S.Pope

Fails to activate properly; regularly looses memory. Doesn't switch off when memory lost.

Purchased 2 of these for home. Took one back and it had replaced as it failed to activate when scheduled. Says it is working but no water comes out. Replacement has same issues. Need to use it manually to make up for lack of automatic use and it loses memory when switching back from manual to automatic. Then it has stayed on all night flashing for it to be set up again. All 3 units I have owned have had same problems. Completely frustrating - Stay away from them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

WKGWollongong

Pope Aquazone Duo Water Timer

JanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Does not switch between zones a and b

Piece of rubbish!!! I will never buy Pope again. Logic is awful. Quality is rubbish. In 2018 how can pope be so bad? Whoever designed this terrible device does not understand user interface design

Jan

Thank you for your reply;however it’s taken 6 months. I bought a Gardena product and it’s far superior

Den

Denasked

Hi. How do I use my hand held hose with my Aquazone Duo? When I set it on A where the hose is attached B comes on too and that is the irrigation? Cheers DW

Hi Den,

Thank you for your question. You will need to set Zone A manually for it to water only the one zone, but you will still need to set the time. You can find the user instructions by clicking on this link, which shows you how to set the timer on manual: https://cdn2.toro.com/en/-/media/Files/Pope/User-Guides/1010377-aquazone-duo-timer-manual.ashx?la=en-AU&hash=D5BB1942D3C8FA366CA2302CA457B432F55EBE3F

If you are still having issues, please contact our Customer Service team for further assistance. You can call them on 1300 134 880, Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm CST.

Syd Knight

Syd Knightasked

Hi I have recently purchased a AquaZone Duo 1010377 it took me a while to figure out how to program it but after watching your video have mastered it ok now.
As it is still raining in my area it is not in use yet. I wanted to know how I can tell that the previous programs I put in have been deleted, may be you can tell me. Syd

Hi Syd,

Thank you for your question. You can call our Customer Service team, they should be able to assist you. Their number is 1300 134 880, and they are available Monday - Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm CST.

Andrew Hasked

I have the pope timer and it works once after programming then it displays that its watering but no water is coming out. I have tried to put it on manual and the same thing happens- while the display shows that its working and counting down, the watering is not happening. I have swapped it for a new one and that is doing the same thing. Regards Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with this timer. Do you mind checking your water pressure? Anything over 800psi will cause issues. If it's not related to the water pressure, then can you please contact our Customer Service Team as they may be able to assist you further? You can call them on 1300 134 880, Monday - Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm CST.

No one has 800psi water pressure, do you mean 80psi

Hi Andrew,

My apologies, I meant 800kPa.

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives