Pope Aquazone Trio Tap Timer

1.5

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Broke after nine months

Water stopped running after nine months.
Call Pope. They said take it back and get a refund.
Keep the receipt.
If I keep writing I'll finally make it to thirty words!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$90.00.

Jan H.Kimberley, WA

Nearly Perfect !

Have had this AuqaTrio for 14months and has never missed a beat. Only problem I have I can't seem to get it to water on separate zones. A & B cycles come on at the same time

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

I love it!

Always been a bit sceptical of auto tap timers but this is brilliant. So easy to use, I love the intervals. It is so good. My garden is getting watered overnight, its so good.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$80.00.

TM88

TM88South East Queensland, QLD

You have to persevere.

I have had 2 of the timers for more than 2 years. One is still working OK. The second became unreliable a few months ago. As it was out of warranty, I purchased another ($89). Hopeless! The solenoid valves made a clicking noise, but no water came out. Returned it to Bunnings for another. Same deal, no water.
Returned it, exchanged for a Holman 4 station ($164). Only 2 of 4 valves worked. Returned it also. I decided to try another Pope Trio as there is nothing else available with 3 stations. Success, it worked the same as the original. I think Pope is using it's customers a testers. The Trio is a great idea with bad quality control.
Keep trying until you get a good one.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$89.00.

Geoff H

Geoff HHobart, TAS

Worst unit on the market!

We purchased two of these and have experienced the same problems as others have reported. Both units failed within a couple of months of purchasing.. Absolute duds! We have purchased Pope garden stuff for years but have moved to other brands since this experience and wont be buying Pope brand any more.

Purchased at Bunnings Glenorchy for A$99.00.

S Donnet-Jones

S Donnet-JonesKimberley, WA

TOTAL RUBBISH! Product has never functioned correctly.

Purchased a AquaZone Trio in 2018, it has never functioned despite spending hours on the Pope web site and crouched over the bloody thing in the backyard. Decided to try again today but found these reviews that indicate my unit is not an isolated failure. Can't trust this product.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Midlands for A$98.00.

NOT WATERPROOF - ABSOLUTE RUBBISH

It is not waterproof and works for about 3 weeks then is completely unusable. Complete rubbish. Absolute waste of $100. Avoid this product at all costs. Pope - what garbage they make.

GangaR

GangaRSydney, NSW

Can't trust the unit

I had purchased acqa trio in Nov 2019 and it was working till Jan 2020. One of the unit display went off. I replaced battery but it still flashing. Went to bunnings and got replaced. But after 4 weeks both of the units stopped working despite displays on both are working. I checked with manual operation but it also did not let the water flow. Seems the valve not working. I had managemanaged to replace one of them yesterday but i misplaced receipt of second and bunnings denied for replacement... Can't trust this unit..

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$89.99.

Disappointed

DisappointedPerth, WA

Disappointed!

I have just taken one of these back to supplier and get a refund as there were none in stock. Two of the three outlets worked, the middle one didn't on the timer settings - it did work on manual! I've have had previous frustrating episodes with these timers and only by changing my taps from valve and seat type to a hose cocktype could I get them to work. I have checked the water pressure and it is within stated tolerances. The only way I could get one of them to hold its settings was to shade it from direct sunlight so that it did not get too hot. Even then it lost the plot once.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$89.00.

Tom R

Tom RRichmond-Tweed, NSW

just will not work no matter what i program

I just bought the Aquazone water timer from Bunnings. Wish I had read the reviews, It will not hold the program and the valve for outlet B is stuck open. I cannot shut it off. It will not recognise OFF setting. What a load of rubbish. I am returning it to Bunnings for a refund.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$73.00.

FrustratedCentral, SA

Not reliable

Worked great for 2 weeks. Then tap stopped letting water through! Panel said it was on but the mechanism inside didn’t release water. Bunnings swapped it over for new. Same thing happened again! They got in contact with customer service.... and they said that Pope customer care has never heard of this happening before!
Clearly after reading these reviews... they have come across this before... as many people have complained.... and they have replied to the complaints! I think someone is telling fibs! I guess I just have to keep on exchanging every few months!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Dadio

DadioPerth, WA

Cant keep the correct time

I've had this for about 6 months, worked fine for first couple of weeks then the time reset to about 12H difference. changed the batteries to new ones again but its a recurring fault. I thought Pope was a good brand but have lost the Bunnings receipt so will just throw it out and look for a better brand, waste of $100.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

Mika

MikaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT BUY!

Tested it in manual mode and it worked fine. Programmed it, worked fine, then went to adjust the times and it stopped working. Just makes a noise like a solenoid is trying to open.

Jenny B.

Jenny B.Murray Mallee, SA

Had enough

Have the trio timer and double. For some reason they stop working. Take it off, put it back on and may work for abit. Will be ringing pope. Saw state manager at Bunnings and discussed another problem, leaking. Said it shouldn't happen. Took it back to Bunnings and got a new one. Was over 12 months old. He was very helpful

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Ewan.

Ewan.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

First one didn’t work out of the box second one stopped week 1 - piece of junk!

Very disappointed in POPE - the programming is easy - but they are unreliability and don’t work after the first time. - I left to go on 2 weeks holidays came back to a dead garden. $5000 in Plants - shame on you!!

So far so good

After reading the reviews I was a bit sceptical but there were no other trio's on the market so I thought I would give it a go and so far cant fault it works perfectly through the 3 zones so here's hoping!!

Purchased in December 2019 for A$99.00.

Scottycat

ScottycatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rubbish timer.

I put new batteries into the trio system I purchased yesterday to have the display flash with every icon constantly. Eventually it stopped flashing (15 mins) and I programmed it. Water comes out of tap B all the time. It is rubbish. Do not buy this Pope AquaZone Trio.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Hocko

HockoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

1st worked for 6 months then stopped, 2nd worked for 1 day and stopped

The display shows eveything as it should but the water does not deliver. I can hear and feel a slight click when it is trying to open and close but no water!
Back to Bunnings for a refund, I cannot afford to lose my garden.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Stewart

StewartGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why didn't I look at the reviews before?

I had this unit for less than a month before it failed. Like many other reviews here it simply stopped delivering water. If you do want to tempt fate you may find the user interface is not intuitive and you'll be reaching for the very basic instructions if you want to do anything even as simply as turning on the tap manually.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$136.00.

Brilliant when they work properly

I have three of these units attached directly to reticulation. When they work the are brilliant however they don't seem to allow for water flow 'reliably. Every now and again the station wont let water through the unit. Guessing it is some sort of solenoid issue. this has happened to all three units and is very disappointing.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.