Porsche Macan 95B

Porsche Macan 95B (2014-2021)

Also referred to as: Porsche Macan 95B 2020 and Porsche Macan 95B 2022. S, GTS, (No Badge), etc...
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Porsche? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
Nic
Nicbrisbane

Like riding the back of a cheetah!

Purchased in March 2021 at Porsche Dealers for $96,000.00.

David Taylor
David TaylorPerth, WA

You just want to drive it...

After using the Porsche "build your car" configurator on the website I decided on Beige leather, Volcano grey, Sports Crono package and wood grain dash. That was late Feb 2020... the car was delivered in late August. No discount, $103 K. The 4 cylinder is just adequate but with the sports dial on the steering wheel option this makes the car more fun to drive. The little dial ( a $2200 option ) attached to the steering wheel hub enables to easily go to sport, sport plus and 20 second boost. The flappy paddles and gearbox make changes so fast and jerk free, especially when you choose sport plus to change up the gearbox after a fast run.
VERY happy with my choice. Fit and finish top class. Just the right size for around town retired couple.

Purchased in February 2020.

Macan S V6 3,0 340 hp march 2016

Purchased in March 2016.

ozmuthSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best car for what I need.

BadgeMacan
Date PurchasedJune 2017

Mr.AdamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What can I say? It's a Porsche!

BadgeS Diesel
Date PurchasedMar 2015
Laura Milliken
Laura MillikenPerth

Porshe Macan

The best car I have purchased I have had for just over a year, reliable, extremely comfortable, recommend the sports pack and definitely get the fuel option I wouldn’t go the diesel it feels sluggish.Test drive for a comparison I know anyone that drives both will go the fuel option.
The Porshe Macan is the perfect family car and I can highly recommend.
The staff also at Porshe Chellingworth in Claremont are very knowledgeable.
When ever I go in to get car serviced or maintained, always greeted with a friendly staff that know there job well. Porshe lover for ever.

BadgeS
Date PurchasedJuly 2017
hwang_edward
hwang_edwardNew South Wales, 2121

Best car I have ever owned.

BadgeMacan

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Min N
Min NSydney

I LOVE THIS CAR!

So my parents bought this car for our family and it's simply amazing. This car has a beautiful engine noise and also the fact the car is white coloured is plus! I have many memories within the car and also has amazing leather and texture. I love Porsche very chic and classy car that can impress anyone that it passes by! It's powerful and can provide awesome travels everywhere.

BadgeGTS
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2016
Tina
TinaBox Hill NSW

Love my Macan

Like no other car I have driven. Power, comfort, safety, styling and just hot to look at.
Interior is amazing seats are so comfortable and supporting.
There are so many features on this car but I love the sports mode and sports exhaust, sounds awesome.
Handles like a race car.
Not bad fuel efficiency if your not too much of a lead foot.
Had a Mercedes ML prior to this and there is no comparison.
Highly recommend the Macan, the worst thing is the wait time to get one as they are so popular and they only produce a limited number per year.
Porsche owner for life.
Purchased through Porsche Centre Willoughby where the service was excellent.

BadgeGTS
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Perfect family car.

This is good size family car . Prestige car. Feel very proud of it. Drives very good.
I will ask other family members to buy the same. Where ever I go people say ohs ...

Date PurchasedAug 2016
davidhk100
davidhk100Canberra

Forget about the rest-this is the best

Costs two or three or even more times than the rest. Has the best suspension (air) by far, giving the best ride and handling of them all. Options excessively expensive. Also two or three times as fast as the others, loads of power, uses plenty of petrol or diesel. Fit and finish cannot be faulted. Electronics not up to BMW standard, however, neither is the sun roof. A trifle bulbous until one becomes accustomed. The only vehicle that I found that comes close is the Audi RSQ3, almost as expensive, bit smaller. Apart from the high cost of initial purchase, options and service, very difficult to fault. Most would be (are) happy with lesser vehicles. One can pay more for Jaguars, Bentleys and Maseratis, but one will not find better.

Fivedays
FivedaysAU

Best SUV Ever

Purchased in January 2016 at Porsche Parramatta.

Digger11
Digger11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing Car

I have had Mercs, BMW's, a Lexus and more and this is my first Porsche and holy moly, it is the most fantastic car i have ever had by a long way.
Powerful, smooth, fast, quiet, luxurious, just pure quality.

Only issue is the fuel economy is not great, and a touch on the expensive side, but who cares, you only live once.

I'm in love.

NLM
NLMasked
Macan 95B (2014-2021)

Can anyone please comment on the choice between 2 and 3 zone air-conditioning in the Mecan? I have two teenage boys that will be in the backseat for the next few years and wondering if the 2 zone will be adequate.

Mr.Adam

I’m in Melbourne and had my Macan for 4 summers with two small kids and never had an issue.

I have no problem with 2 zone aircon

jeanmarie97

Hi, I have a 3 zones and it is comfortable for the rear passengers ,since flow , direction and temperature to be set according to their own feeling.

dhkzip
dhkzipasked
Macan 95B (2014-2021)

Tyres for 95B petrol - what is experience of others? I had Pirelli Verde which lasted 30,000 km, uall other criteria very good

With Michelin latitude sport 3 in 19 inches, I made more than 50.000 kms

Steve M.asked
95B S Diesel (2014-2021)

Owned 3.0d BMW X5 E53, E70 and X6 E71, now ready for a Macan S 3.0TD 2018, anyone owned BMWs and switched, be interested in comparison

jeanmarie97

My concern would be the maintenance costs plus repairs unless you remain under the Porsche Approved warranty for more years . Any parts failure is worth that extension if you are ready to have all maintenance done by Porsche then all the rest would remain under that expensive warranty ie in Belgium I pay 2500 euros/2 years
Max is 12 years and 270.000 kms
I have got a leakage oil which has implied to remove the engine: cost more than 9.000 euros paid by warranty’s extension.

Steve M.

Hi Jean Marie, thank you for the unbiased response, yes I have heard they are very expensive to repair and I have been thinking about this fact. the extended warranty here in Australia is $3,000 for two years, so an extra $30,000 to Porsche for the vehicle after 10 years. Whilst the BMW can be expensive, if you find a good mechanic, they are no where near that type of price for maintenance unless its a gearbox or large component. I'm hoping as this is a diesel and not high performance, the big ticket items will be kept to a minimum.

See all Porsche Macan 95B (2014-2021) questions

Porsche Macan 95B (2014-2021)

Compare all 5 Porsche Macan 95B (2014-2021)
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $81,400$113,300$97,500$95,300
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolDiesel
Wheels19" Alloy20" Alloy20" Alloy19" Alloy
Fuel Consumption8.9 L/100km9.2 L/100km9.6 L/100km6.3 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 75 L75 L75 L75 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L
Max Power185kW @ 6750rpm265kW @ 6000rpm260kW @ 6400rpm190kW @ 4250rpm
Max Torque370Nm @ 1600-4500rpm500Nm @ 1650-4000rpm480Nm @ 1360-4800rpm580Nm @ 1750-2500rpm
Country of ManufactureGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,000 kg2,400 kg2,400 kg2,400 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Dimensions
Ground Clearance300 mm300 mm
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014
Compare all 5 Porsche Macan 95B (2014-2021)

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs