Mitsubishi ASX

Excellent car

The car is a 2.2ltr turbo diesel. I have sold the car to my step daughter, she loves it. I did 170,000km and was trouble free. It is fully optioned with moon roof, leather seats e.t.c. The engine has a lot of torque and is great driving around hills and mountains. The fuel economy is great.
It's easy to park and manoeuvre because of its size. Folding down the rear seats turns it into a wagon and has a lot of room.
The only thing that annoyed me was the turbo lag from stop to go.
I definitely recommend this car in the diesel if doing the k's.

Purchased in July 2014.

Love my car

Never had a new car before. Can’t fault it. Love the extra height in traffic.my only transport,easy to park as not big and bulky. Great on fuel and love the reverse camera.

Purchased in October 2018 at Mitsubishi Wollongong for $25,900.00.

Comfort

Strange sound when I take my foot off the accelerator

A couple of months ago I went into the dealership to have my break pads changed (recall), not long after that my car started making a strange sound like it’s got a flat tyre when I take my foot off the accelerator and then disappears when I accelerate. I regularly pump my tyres up or so I know it’s not a flat tyre.. it sounds like it’s coming from the engine.

Purchased in December 2014.

Perfect best decision made

Best car purchase ever.It is used for commuting to & from work & family transport.
I have a 2019 model & everyone that has seen my car wants to purchase one.It comes with a seven year warranty.2 years free servicing.

Purchased in April 2019 at Lander Mitsubishi Blacktown for $26,000.00.

Okay car. Poor quality windscreen

Based on my experience Mitsubishi installs what I believe to be poorly manufactured windscreens into their Mitsubishi ASX models.

I purchased a new Mitsubishi ASX MY 15.5 in 2016. I discovered the windscreen had what I can only describe as very fine sandblasting or milkiness over the entire windscreen. When driving into the direction of the sun at it is low in the sky, 7.30 - 8.30am and 4.30 - 5.30pm daylight saving time Victoria. I see what I think is referred to as flaring and find it particularly distracting. I rarely drive during those hours so it took some time before I noticed the issue. As I’d had the vehicle for some time before I noticed the problem, I figured Mitsubishi would be unlikely to accept it was a possible defect so I just decided to go to the expense of having the windscreen replaced with another genuine Mitsubishi Windscreen thinking the one installed, on the vehicle originally, may have been from a dodgy batch. Wouldn’t you know it, same issue. Then in February this year, with some reluctance I agreed to the purchase of another new Mitsubishi ASX, husband finds it easy to get in and out of. Well low and behold same problem with the windscreen. Spoke with the a guy from the service centre where I bought the vehicle who advised he’s had someone else complain about the problem. Mitsubishi wouldn’t take any responsibility “because it’s the windscreen”, I think the service guy meant there is no warranty on windscreens. He also indicated the problem is generally caused during the lamination process. From what I’ve been able to deduce via research, poor lamination can cause a host of problems including the sandblast/milky effect I’m seeing. The same service guy had pushed the issue with Mitsubishi for nearly 6 months to no avail, eventually installing a non genuine windscreen (paid for by the customer).

I’d be interested to know what the minimum Australian requirements are for visibility through new windscreens. I’d be surprised if Genuine Mitsubishi Windscreens would pass the test. I’ll need to do some research.

Apart from the windscreen with both vehicles which we still own we are relatively happy with the cars. But it’s true. You get what you pay for.

If Mitsubishi are willing to accept what I believe to be poor quality windscreens from manufacturers, what other poor quality components do they accept and build into their vehicles?

Purchased in February 2019.

Perfect size

I love my brand new car! So much space and so stylish but also still easy to drive in traffic and park. Apple car play is a life saver and is so comfortable on short or long trips.

Purchased in December 2018.

Love this car but have big issues with back passenger seat belts, the anchor is much too short, maki

Family transport, short trips most days, serviced when needed.
Issue is with the back passengers seat belts, very very hard to click in as anchor is much too short.
Very happy with how it drives and economical ! Find it easy to get in and out of, good for people with bad backs.

BadgeAsx
Date PurchasedMar 2017

So happy I purchased it

I use my car for commuting to work and I use it daily. I get it serviced at the recommended service time and I haven't had any mechanical issues with the car. The features are great and I couldn't live without the reversing camera now. The handsfree bluetooth is a bonus. Its a smooth ride and I use the boot for my parents wheelchair which fits nicely in the back. Its also a good height for my elderly parents to get into my last sedan was to low. Great car Thanks Mitsubishi.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

unreliable Mitsubishi asx

I have to rebuild the engine after 60000 km because injection fault after that found out have stick rings in engine fault after Mitsubishi motor rebuilt engine took 5 week ago go well and after 2 month this going good so far at that time hope time to last long-term.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
DriveFWD

Great car... just one little but though.

It's a fantastic fuel efficient car with an ultra smooth ride. I only have one negative... Upon entering the car, in let's say eg., underground car park, the gear console doesn't stay lit up for very long before returning to complete darkness. I don't find it an issue when selecting Drive, as that's a direct downward position, but Reverse (for me) isn't so easy to find, therefore I must switch on at least my parking lights so the console lights up. Hope this makes some sense

BadgeASX
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Bluetooth Issue

Hi All, I need some help. I have a ASX 2016 since getting my new I pHone with Optus the Bluetooth is all muffled and I cannot hear the other person properly. I have taken back to Mitusbishi and they say not ht car. Been to Apple got a new phone and still muffled. Went and bought a different sim and still the problem. So frustrating. About to go to a friends place who also has optus carrier and see if that is the same. Any suggestions what htis could be please as I cannot use my phone in the car and I need this to work.

thanks

Karen

Engine Size1.8L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedNov 2016

An excellent car which does everything asked of it!

My 2017 ASX is a lovely car which is ok on fuel but, a good and safe place to be on the road. The 2 litre engine has enough power and it works well with the CVT gearbox. I am not a fan of CVT's but, this is definitely one of the better ones out there. Everything in the ASX works well - the climate control air conditioning, the stereo, the digital radio is great and the sound system in general is good for a car of this price. The load area is generous but the rear seat belts get in the way when the rear seats are folded down. The factory Brigstone Dueller tyres are a little noisy and you need to be attentive in a wet corner but they are good for all around use. A set of more road specific tyres would work better. I traded in a Ford Mondeo on the ASX and am happy with my purchase. The ASX has received some harsh reviews but, if you want a good all rounder for family or just to get away, you can't do better for the money. Totally recommended!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great car

I have a manual 2 wheel drive Mitsubishi asx and I find it a great little car! The boot is a little squishy as a family car with our pram, I can’t fit a lot in if I have the pram but it works for me as we have a larger family car for when it’s needed.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Reliable, economic, small family suv

My ASX has not skipped a beat since I bought it. It is economic on fuel and has all the standard features expected in newer model cars nowadays at a great price. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is due to all of the recalls it's had and the acceleration is at times laggy. Also wish the 60/40 split on the rear seats was on the opposite side. Big portion currently on passengers side, which when you have one child is usually the side they sit on so you don't get them out roadside. This limits how much you can load into it when only the small side can be folded down.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Extremely happy with my purchase choice! Love my ASX!

I have owned my auto ASX for just over 1 year now, it is an absolute dream to drive, great sound system, very fuel efficient and I love the size and height of the car. Would love if it had better towing capacity but what it’s built for in being a city SUV it’s fantastic! Reverse camera is a great feature however it doesn’t have the best quality camera. It also doesn’t have a built in GPS or Apple car play which is really outdated but I have not missed these features. Definitely a great purchase if you are looking for something with good safety standards, excellent after care and servicing and good fuel efficiency that looks nice and has good speed.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Squeaking pedal

I have had my Mitsubishi Asx since October 2015. It has been and still is a great car to drive. It has done 27,700 kilometres. At 26,500 kilometres it developed a squeaking brake pedal when depressing and releasing brake pedal. Told it was wear and tear plus age. The noise is VERY annoying. A gross irritation for such a great car.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Great but many recalls

This is a lovely car. It drives smoothly and is nippy and easy to park. Great family car. However there have been well over 5 recalls on in and its getting a bit ridiculous going in every 6 months for a recall issue. I dont think ive ever owned a car with so many recalls! Also the seats are a bit hard.

BadgeActiv
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Interior good quality

Love this car, had Peugeot 4008 basic which was written off due to tree falling on it in storm. Asx is identical to 4008 but with extras, leather seats,seat warmer,larger wheels,external mirrors closing to car, navigation system, I had basic Peugeot but replaced with top of range ASX at same price, both cars have.the Mitsubishi motor and the Interior is identical to look at but 8,000 extras with the Asx and same price as my basic Peugeot 4008.very pleased

Date PurchasedJul 2014

ok car.You get what you pay for

I live in the country so it doesn't get stop start city driving, I use my car every day.The car is ok nothing fancy. Interior is nice. My 2010 ASX is a 4wd that I have never used. If I did ,car is too low so would be like a snow plough. Had an auto years ago hubby used to say it sounded like a cow and this sounds the same when accelerating. Has a bit of power when needed This doesn't have the computer screen inside like newer models. Overall 2010 ASX is ok. Its a clean sporty looking car

BadgeAspire
Date PurchasedSep 2015

Good family car

We purchased the ASX because we needed a larger car to accommodate our family. It is comfortable, easy to drive and I found the reversing sensors have been fantastic as I am not used to driving such a large car.
We have the top of the line option which includes nice leather seats and the seat warmers have been lovely to use on the cold days.
The only negatives I have are the number of recalls we have received, it is very inconvenient to take the vehicle to a service center each time when we rely on it to taxi our family around (we can't go anywhere without our car seats). There is no interior light towards the back of the car so it makes attending to the children difficult at nigh and I have found the interior has gotten quite scratched from general everyday life (we don't transport anything out of the ordinary).
Apart from these few things, I really love the car and would consider purchasing another one in the future.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

I am having issues with my ASX it is a MY19 and when I hit 125 kms/hr up it continuosly beeps at me. Any ideas??? Assume it has something to do with the speedlimiter being set at 120 kms but I am not sure how to turn it off.

I don't know what gear to use going down hill or uphill in my 2014 asx. I don't see D1 or D2 just a plus + and a minus - on the right hand side of the D. Or is it that the asx automatically does it when going up or downhill?

I have a 2015 ASX, keyless entry, push button start / stop. The electronic fob has a key in it. I took mechanical key out to see if it would lock/unlock doors of vehicle and nothing happens. Looking for an alternative to locking the car, so I can go for a surf without taking the electronic key fob into the ocean. I don't mind attaching the mechanical key to inside my wetsuit. I even wrapped the electronic key fob in layers of aluminum foil, left it in car (which it does work to stop transmitting signal) , then thought great I can use the mechanical key to lock & unlock the vehicle. But nope, nothing??? I asked local Geelong dealer and they have no idea. Please help. Thanks

ASX XC ExceedASX XC Black EditionASX XC ES ManualASX XC ES AutomaticASX XC LS Automatic, PetrolASX XC ES ADASASX XAASX XBASX XC XLS Automatic, PetrolASX XC XLS Automatic, DieselASX XC LS Manual, PetrolASX XC LS Automatic, DieselASX XC LS ADAS
Release dateJan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2016Sep 2018Jan 2010Jan 2012Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2017
Discontinuation dateDec 2012Dec 2014Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018Dec 2018