Mitsubishi ASX

Perfect size

I love my brand new car! So much space and so stylish but also still easy to drive in traffic and park. Apple car play is a life saver and is so comfortable on short or long trips.

Purchased in December 2018.

Love this car but have big issues with back passenger seat belts, the anchor is much too short, maki

Family transport, short trips most days, serviced when needed.
Issue is with the back passengers seat belts, very very hard to click in as anchor is much too short.
Very happy with how it drives and economical ! Find it easy to get in and out of, good for people with bad backs.

BadgeAsx
Date PurchasedMar 2017

So happy I purchased it

I use my car for commuting to work and I use it daily. I get it serviced at the recommended service time and I haven't had any mechanical issues with the car. The features are great and I couldn't live without the reversing camera now. The handsfree bluetooth is a bonus. Its a smooth ride and I use the boot for my parents wheelchair which fits nicely in the back. Its also a good height for my elderly parents to get into my last sedan was to low. Great car Thanks Mitsubishi.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

unreliable Mitsubishi asx

I have to rebuild the engine after 60000 km because injection fault after that found out have stick rings in engine fault after Mitsubishi motor rebuilt engine took 5 week ago go well and after 2 month this going good so far at that time hope time to last long-term.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
DriveFWD

Great car... just one little but though.

It's a fantastic fuel efficient car with an ultra smooth ride. I only have one negative... Upon entering the car, in let's say eg., underground car park, the gear console doesn't stay lit up for very long before returning to complete darkness. I don't find it an issue when selecting Drive, as that's a direct downward position, but Reverse (for me) isn't so easy to find, therefore I must switch on at least my parking lights so the console lights up. Hope this makes some sense

BadgeASX
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Bluetooth Issue

Hi All, I need some help. I have a ASX 2016 since getting my new I pHone with Optus the Bluetooth is all muffled and I cannot hear the other person properly. I have taken back to Mitusbishi and they say not ht car. Been to Apple got a new phone and still muffled. Went and bought a different sim and still the problem. So frustrating. About to go to a friends place who also has optus carrier and see if that is the same. Any suggestions what htis could be please as I cannot use my phone in the car and I need this to work.

thanks

Karen

Engine Size1.8L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedNov 2016

An excellent car which does everything asked of it!

My 2017 ASX is a lovely car which is ok on fuel but, a good and safe place to be on the road. The 2 litre engine has enough power and it works well with the CVT gearbox. I am not a fan of CVT's but, this is definitely one of the better ones out there. Everything in the ASX works well - the climate control air conditioning, the stereo, the digital radio is great and the sound system in general is good for a car of this price. The load area is generous but the rear seat belts get in the way when the rear seats are folded down. The factory Brigstone Dueller tyres are a little noisy and you need to be attentive in a wet corner but they are good for all around use. A set of more road specific tyres would work better. I traded in a Ford Mondeo on the ASX and am happy with my purchase. The ASX has received some harsh reviews but, if you want a good all rounder for family or just to get away, you can't do better for the money. Totally recommended!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great car

I have a manual 2 wheel drive Mitsubishi asx and I find it a great little car! The boot is a little squishy as a family car with our pram, I can’t fit a lot in if I have the pram but it works for me as we have a larger family car for when it’s needed.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Reliable, economic, small family suv

My ASX has not skipped a beat since I bought it. It is economic on fuel and has all the standard features expected in newer model cars nowadays at a great price. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is due to all of the recalls it's had and the acceleration is at times laggy. Also wish the 60/40 split on the rear seats was on the opposite side. Big portion currently on passengers side, which when you have one child is usually the side they sit on so you don't get them out roadside. This limits how much you can load into it when only the small side can be folded down.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Extremely happy with my purchase choice! Love my ASX!

I have owned my auto ASX for just over 1 year now, it is an absolute dream to drive, great sound system, very fuel efficient and I love the size and height of the car. Would love if it had better towing capacity but what it’s built for in being a city SUV it’s fantastic! Reverse camera is a great feature however it doesn’t have the best quality camera. It also doesn’t have a built in GPS or Apple car play which is really outdated but I have not missed these features. Definitely a great purchase if you are looking for something with good safety standards, excellent after care and servicing and good fuel efficiency that looks nice and has good speed.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Squeaking pedal

I have had my Mitsubishi Asx since October 2015. It has been and still is a great car to drive. It has done 27,700 kilometres. At 26,500 kilometres it developed a squeaking brake pedal when depressing and releasing brake pedal. Told it was wear and tear plus age. The noise is VERY annoying. A gross irritation for such a great car.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Great but many recalls

This is a lovely car. It drives smoothly and is nippy and easy to park. Great family car. However there have been well over 5 recalls on in and its getting a bit ridiculous going in every 6 months for a recall issue. I dont think ive ever owned a car with so many recalls! Also the seats are a bit hard.

BadgeActiv
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Interior good quality

Love this car, had Peugeot 4008 basic which was written off due to tree falling on it in storm. Asx is identical to 4008 but with extras, leather seats,seat warmer,larger wheels,external mirrors closing to car, navigation system, I had basic Peugeot but replaced with top of range ASX at same price, both cars have.the Mitsubishi motor and the Interior is identical to look at but 8,000 extras with the Asx and same price as my basic Peugeot 4008.very pleased

Date PurchasedJul 2014

ok car.You get what you pay for

I live in the country so it doesn't get stop start city driving, I use my car every day.The car is ok nothing fancy. Interior is nice. My 2010 ASX is a 4wd that I have never used. If I did ,car is too low so would be like a snow plough. Had an auto years ago hubby used to say it sounded like a cow and this sounds the same when accelerating. Has a bit of power when needed This doesn't have the computer screen inside like newer models. Overall 2010 ASX is ok. Its a clean sporty looking car

BadgeAspire
Date PurchasedSep 2015

Good family car

We purchased the ASX because we needed a larger car to accommodate our family. It is comfortable, easy to drive and I found the reversing sensors have been fantastic as I am not used to driving such a large car.
We have the top of the line option which includes nice leather seats and the seat warmers have been lovely to use on the cold days.
The only negatives I have are the number of recalls we have received, it is very inconvenient to take the vehicle to a service center each time when we rely on it to taxi our family around (we can't go anywhere without our car seats). There is no interior light towards the back of the car so it makes attending to the children difficult at nigh and I have found the interior has gotten quite scratched from general everyday life (we don't transport anything out of the ordinary).
Apart from these few things, I really love the car and would consider purchasing another one in the future.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Performing as you would expect.

It is a pleasure to drive. I had the space saver replaced with same size spare with my purchase. It fuel consumption is good, especially on long hauls. Installed a 'fit my car' protector mat in the boot because of the degree of painy scratches when placing my walking frame into/out of the boot. Have had 3 recalls seen to and there is one still be determined.
Great car with great engine/gearbox performance.
Would recommend this vehicles to others wishing to purchase one.

Engine Size1.8L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Happy with Purchase

I have the 2015 model and regularly drive 300km to the country to visit family. I find it handles well, is comfortable to drive, and fuel efficient. It accelerates well. I feel safe driving this car. My only complaints are the space-saver spare (they're useless for highway driving), and there is a ledge where the hatch closes so putting heavy or awkward sized things into the boot can chip the paint.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Perfect size car!

I bought my Mitsubishi Manual Silver ASX in December 2015. The car is a great size, lots of room throughout the car and also in the boot. Easy to park. I love having the reverse camera, very helpful. The car is quiet and sleek looking. The car has been reliable, a couple of recalls but were seen to as soon as required. Other than that, I like my ASX.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2015

I love my ASX

This car is so beautiful to drive, it is so quiet and handles so well. I do find the interior quality is a little cheap but compared to other turbo suv's on the market it is amazing value for money. There is plenty of space for kid seats and comes with a lot of little luxury things that make it a pleasure to own. I wish the service team was as good as the car.

Engine Size2.2L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedDec 2014

Good All round small SUV

Has been a great, reliable car, decent on fuel, we have the 2013 XLS, heated/leather seats is pretty awesome, but the latest round of recalls is why it gets 4 instead of 5. And also since we put the baby seat in, we realized how small the rear seat is. But in saying that, I would buy another one.

Date PurchasedApr 2014