Honda HR-V

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Total satisfaction

Almost a year since we drove out of the showroom with our HRV and we can only say what everyone who owns a honda says Best car we have ever owned. Drives very smooth very comfortable the fit and finish is superb and it is also very fuel efficient.
We will be buying another Honda in the future.

Purchased in June 2020.

Roger

RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car

My HRV is nearly 6 years old. Terrific car around the city as well as country road driving. Up for a new one but the new models appear to be same old same old and Honda dealership issues may be a problem soon . New model desperately needs a better multimedia scree and sat nav to be competitive

Purchased in July 2015 at Northside Honda for $32,000.00.

Peter

PeterCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent Car, Couldn't be more happy

Best car we have owned to date. We drive our car everyday & has been the most reliable hassle free vehicle.
We have had the car serviced yearly with great customer service & care which includes a wash & clean inside of the vehicle.
The car has plenty of space & leg room from the front seat into the back, this car is truly well designed & hope they keep making future vehicles with the same thought process. Once thing is for sure, when its time to upgrade again, we will be getting another Honda as I hear the CRV's are fantastic as well.

Purchased in February 2019 for $250,000.00.

Driver

DriverSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great design, can't believe the room.

I use this car for family transport, it is used most days. Car is serviced by Honda every 10,000 k's which is usually about 10 to 11 months. Great car to travel in. Two improvements I would like to see are front parking sensors and full size spare. The magic seats are excellent and the room area when the back seat is folded flat is amazing. I have had no mechanical issues with this car in the two and a half years since I bought it. I have had one puncture and I was warned of this by the tyre pressure monitoring system.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sharran

SharranDarwin, NT

Wish the dealers were as passionate! They love to sell, not fix!!!!!

I drive the car daily to and from work, sometimes a little sight seeing. I service the car when the sticker tells me to. I do check the schedule and make sure my car is booked in.

Purchased in January 2018 for $25,000.00.

Maria CSydney, NSW

Great car a pity there is water leaking through both back door trims

I use this car every day and love it, right size or what I need. Just a pity I have recently discovered the water leaking through the door trim on both back doors

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in September 2019 for $26,000.00.

GiantkillerMid North Coast, NSW

Honda Travels

I use my Honda HRV RS most days of the week as I am retired. Bought new Aug 2020, no issues, 10,000 service in 3,000 k's. Not a bad car to drive, but was previously spoilt by Mazda 3 Maxi Sports. Great car.

Purchased in August 2020 for $38,000.00.

Great car

Happy with the car. Golf clubs fit easily.
Terrible service Centre. We are still waiting on an urgent safety recall to be fixed. It was booked in and no one knew anything about it. told us they would ring when part was available. That was 4 months ago Ref 6FE-1

Purchased in January 2019 at City Motors Group for $36,000.00.

will do thanks

WJoubertSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good family car

Has been a good family car, used for school trips and family holidays. Has plenty of room for a crossover SUV, easily packs for holidays, for a family of 4. No major complaints so far, good mechanically and still steering with ease when packed for family holidays. Only issue we had after a few months was issue with the bluetooth loosing connection, but the media unit was replaced by Honda on warranty without any arguing following the yearly service, it now works perfectly. Overall the car provides great value for those looking in the crossover SUV range.

Purchased in January 2020 at Honda Dealers for $25,700.00.

Yanto

YantoSydney, NSW

Value Car

i have used this car mostly for commuting and it has been good. So far no issue at all. Service once a year since it did not travel too much.

Purchased in February 2019.

Honda HelpersHonda

Lots to like, but a few issues

Purchased in October 2019 for $24,000.00.

Tony G
Tony G

My comment was about going UP hills and how the AUTOMATIC gear changes are very slow to occur. On many occasions, the revs drop very low before the gear changes down, even when I have the accelerator on nearly full throttle.

Suzanne M.

Suzanne M.Sydney, NSW

sadly it's not a manual

the car is wonderful it tells me everything from my tyres being low to I'm too close, I love the radio coming on and the reversing camera but it's not a manual

Purchased in September 2020.

roddy w.

roddy w.Sydney, NSW

It is terrific

It is our second car, use for everyday shopping. Drive averaging five days a week. it has low mileage so the car is serviced once a year. It is a comfortable and easy to drive car. It is safe because drive is sitting a little higher then normal vehicle. It is easy to handled.

Purchased in February 2020 at Parramatta Honda for $26,500.00.

Darren Dare

Darren DareHobart, TAS

Worst car I have ever owned.

Use the car every day. The car gets serviced by the dealer at the recommended intervals. The car has issues that we have spoken to the dealer about ongoing. We also purchased the car new from local dealer.

Purchased in July 2019.

Mutual.

Mutual.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Meets my expectations!

I’ve had my car for 9 months....usually suburban driving with the odd extended trip. Love the boot space & optional ‘height’ storage. Miss the various storage opportunities I enjoyed in my Civic. Currently on an ‘outback’ trip. Car handles gravel roads very well, and is pretty well insulated from dust. Overall great visibility and comfort.

Purchased in August 2020 for $32,000.00.

Find out how Honda HR-V compares to other Small / Compact SUVs

Couldn't be alive without it

I use this car to commute to and from work. I have had an accident where another driver ran a red light and slammed into my car. VERY SAFE VEHICLE

Purchased in November 2019 for $35,000.00.

Peter D.

Peter D.Sydney, NSW

Great Little Big SubSUV

Purchased in February 2020.

Rhonda

Rhonda

Great car - spacious

I use my car to travel to volunteer work twice a week, to go shopping and various other small trips through the week.
I have had my car service since buying this which the past two years and will continue to have it serviced with Honda

Purchased in September 2019 for $23,000.00.

Ross GreenawayFar North Queensland, QLD

Head Unit a disaster

Excellent car for my wife, have the RS model plated 2019. Trim, exterior, performance, economy, compact size all excellent - her last car was a Land Cruiser so she loves now zipping around.

The Head Unit is a total disaster, you can’t see it in daylight, poor GPS, takes for ever to set, and the phone audio is rubbish. No apple play.

I wouldn’t get another Honda because it’s so bad....

Purchased in May 2020 for $33,000.00.

Ross Greenaway

I rang Trinity Honda in cairns and they are as useless as then Head Unit - I'll see what's in Townsville. Never buy another Honda.......

Honda HelpersHonda

Hi Ross, Do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team on 1800 804 954 Mon - Fr 8.30 till 6.00 PM if you require any further assistance. Regards Kiara

Shana

ShanaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love this car. Keeping it forever

I use my car daily
Family use and travel to work
Services done like clock work as recommended.
No issues found.
Service provider in bundaberg created many issues after service Eg. No,oil in car and 2nd service wrong tyre pressures

Purchased in June 2019 for $30,000.00.

Maria Casked

HR-V

has anyone experienced water leaking through the door trim on both passenger side and driver side back doors. Mine is a real issue as I have never in my life of owning a car have experienced water leaks through door trim

WJoubert

I haven't experienced this. Even drying in heavy rain. Does it leak when driving in just rain or if driving through water on the road?

Maria C

leaks on heavy downpour a lot stationary and driving, the water settle in the rubber trim on door, when I open the door leaks on both doors, coming through the door trim between the door cover and I am assuming membrane cover in the door. it seems to be both back doors. I just went to check the car now which has been stationary all morning and a huge downpour, and there is lots of water building up in the rubber door trim and between the door cover when I open it. A pity I cannot add photos to show you. Pretty disappointed

Giantkiller

My car HRV RS is only 7months old and have not had water problems. I suggest it may be coming down thru the window spacing, then arriving in the trim, but it sounds unusual. A panel beater will be the best form of advice for this matter prior to attending a dealership. Regards, Glenn.

Helen

Helenasked

HR-V

Has anyone found a fix for the gps screen becoming invisible in bright sunlight?Because of the poor design of the gps unit, the screen slopes backwards beneath the windscreen sloping the other way, of course. In Australia the sun is almost overhead from September through to March, so the sun shines directly down onto the screen rendering it invisible and useless whether for navigation or reversing.. Really needs a hood over the screen. These were/are available for cars with CD drives but my model HR-V doesn’t have CD.. This is really a safety issue that has been around for a few years as a friend who has had a Jazz for a while has the same issue.

Sandy E.

Same problem with my HRV 2018 Luxury, very dangerous issue.Reverse camera, navigation etc unreadable in sunlight?? Is this a warranty issue ?? Otherwise I love it

I have extend warranty?

Karen M.
Karen M.

I’ve had the same problem and Honda suggested adjusting brightness and contrast etc. It didn’t really make any difference so I fashioned a sun shade out of a plastic display folder and whilst it won’t win any prizes for appearances, it seems to work fairly well.

Vinod S.

Vinod S.asked

Hi
I have honda hrv 2017 and I want to change whole sound system and touch screen of 2020 model
Does any one have idea it works or not ?

Honda HelpersHonda

Hi Vinod, We recommend liaising with your preferred Honda dealer. They will be able to discuss these options and pricing directly with you! Thanks Kiara

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Honda HR-V

Compare all 8 Honda HR-V
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $31,990$24,990$34,590$27,990
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque172Nm @ 4300rpm172Nm @ 4300rpm172Nm @ 4300rpm172Nm @ 4300rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)800 kg800 kg800 kg800 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)500 kg500 kg500 kg500 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2018Jan 2014Jan 2018Jan 2014