Honda HR-V

2015 Release, 1998 Release (See All)
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Honda

Purchased in July 2016.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
John Woods
John WoodsSouth East Queensland, QLD

OVERPRICED for what you get.

Car is used daily for short trips, shops doctor etc.
Car is serviced per book.
Have found the car to be good but expensive compared to competitors prices. My main complaint would center on servicing by the Honda dealer and the lack of urgency is repairing their own recalls. The last recall required me to make numerous calls to Honda to get action on the recall which I found very disappointing.

Kayles
KaylesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great ride

I use my car a lot, at least 25,000km per year or more. The HRV is reliable, extremely comfortable & smooth. Great for long trips or zipping around the city. I absolutely love the magic seats in the back, you can fit soooo much. One thing that l didn’t realise l couldn’t live without is the left hand side mirror. You always know what’s creeping up on the inside.

Purchased in October 2020.

Lbee
LbeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

An absolute dream to drive

I love my leather interior and sunroof. Servuced regularly and quute good on fuel with regular city driving. Drives well, great space especially as the back seats fold upwards giving room to transport taller items. Only problem is the light warning for the control keeps saying battery needs to be replaced, but it doesn't. It's intermittent so I've learned to live with it. Aside from that I can't fault this beautiful car.

Purchased in August 2019.

Kayla
KaylaVictoria

Fantastic

This is a great first car. I find it extremely smooth to drive and has all of the safety features I could need. It also looks great and is fairly low maintenance. Tank lasts me 2 weeks working full time. Love it.

Purchased in July 2021.

Michele G
Michele G

Love it

I love this car and have had no issues but recently received an urgent recall to have the fuel pump replaced..has anyone else had theirs replaced and were there any problems that u noticed before or after the repair?

Purchased in August 2019.

Frustrated Fred
Frustrated FredSouthwest, VIC

Very disappointed

Purchased in July 2019.

BoughtNew

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Rose B
Rose B Victoria

Very disappointing - Engine oil leak and brake calipers need replacing at 73,000km

My 2015 Honda HR-V has been regularly serviced, only done 73,000Km of country driving, and has developed an oil leak at back of the engine (breather plate) and the brake calipers need to be replaced at the cost of around $1500!I purchased this vehicle new and this is not what I expected from a Honda vehicle I paid good money for. Yes it's out of warranty but having expensive parts fail so prematurely is not acceptable quality for the price. And Honda are not willing to cover the cost of repair. I have owned several makes of vehicles over the last 40 years of driving and this is the first one to have let me down with so few K's on the clock. I can't recommend the Honda HRV I'm afraid.

Purchased in July 2015.

Total satisfaction

Almost a year since we drove out of the showroom with our HRV and we can only say what everyone who owns a honda says Best car we have ever owned. Drives very smooth very comfortable the fit and finish is superb and it is also very fuel efficient.
We will be buying another Honda in the future.

Purchased in June 2020.

Roger
RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car

My HRV is nearly 6 years old. Terrific car around the city as well as country road driving. Up for a new one but the new models appear to be same old same old and Honda dealership issues may be a problem soon . New model desperately needs a better multimedia scree and sat nav to be competitive

Purchased in July 2015 at Northside Honda for $32,000.

Peter
PeterCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent Car, Couldn't be more happy

Best car we have owned to date. We drive our car everyday & has been the most reliable hassle free vehicle.
We have had the car serviced yearly with great customer service & care which includes a wash & clean inside of the vehicle.
The car has plenty of space & leg room from the front seat into the back, this car is truly well designed & hope they keep making future vehicles with the same thought process. Once thing is for sure, when its time to upgrade again, we will be getting another Honda as I hear the CRV's are fantastic as well.

Purchased in February 2019 for $25,000.

Driver
DriverSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great design, can't believe the room.

I use this car for family transport, it is used most days. Car is serviced by Honda every 10,000 k's which is usually about 10 to 11 months. Great car to travel in. Two improvements I would like to see are front parking sensors and full size spare. The magic seats are excellent and the room area when the back seat is folded flat is amazing. I have had no mechanical issues with this car in the two and a half years since I bought it. I have had one puncture and I was warned of this by the tyre pressure monitoring system.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sharran
SharranDarwin, NT

Wish the dealers were as passionate! They love to sell, not fix!!!!!

I drive the car daily to and from work, sometimes a little sight seeing. I service the car when the sticker tells me to. I do check the schedule and make sure my car is booked in.

Purchased in January 2018 for $25,000.

Maria CSydney, NSW

Great car a pity there is water leaking through both back door trims

I use this car every day and love it, right size or what I need. Just a pity I have recently discovered the water leaking through the door trim on both back doors

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in September 2019 for $26,000.

GiantkillerMid North Coast, NSW

Honda Travels

I use my Honda HRV RS most days of the week as I am retired. Bought new Aug 2020, no issues, 10,000 service in 3,000 k's. Not a bad car to drive, but was previously spoilt by Mazda 3 Maxi Sports. Great car.

Purchased in August 2020 for $38,000.

A Webster
A Websterasked
2015 Release VTi-LX (2018-2022)

Has anyone else had problems with the radio function of the head unit?

I bought my hrv lx in January 2021 and from week 1 the radio would do this weird thing where after a few radio station changes, it will just keep playing the same station even when you choose a new one. The head unit was eventually replaced in September when a new head unit could be delivered from overseas but the new one has the same problem.

Kate
Kateasked
2015 Release VTi (2014-2022)

Hello everyone,
I have just had a new sat nav, GPS system put into my 2 year old HRV as the first one didn’t work, and it still doesn’t work. It just freezes on an address or says waiting to connect to GPS. I like everything else about the car but how do they sell something that doesn’t function? It has a good warranty and set price servicing, but how will I ever sell the car in the future if the sat nav doesn’t work?
What do other people do?

Coffee King
Coffee King

Hi Kate, I am planning to get a 2015 HRV but after reading all those disappointment comments, I will ditch the hunt and go for other brands. Everyone is doing their own job and that's why your GPS is still not working.........Lol!

Maria Casked
HR-V

has anyone experienced water leaking through the door trim on both passenger side and driver side back doors. Mine is a real issue as I have never in my life of owning a car have experienced water leaks through door trim

WJoubert
WJoubert

I haven't experienced this. Even drying in heavy rain. Does it leak when driving in just rain or if driving through water on the road?

Giantkiller

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Compare all 8 Honda HR-V
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $31,990.00$24,990.00$34,590.00$27,990.00
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque172Nm @ 4300rpm172Nm @ 4300rpm172Nm @ 4300rpm172Nm @ 4300rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)800 kg800 kg800 kg800 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)500 kg500 kg500 kg500 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2018Jan 2014Jan 2018Jan 2014