Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-Present)

Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-Present)

Perfect for city driving

We have been driving our CX-3 for just over a year after purchasing new from Brookvale Mazda and have been thrilled with the performance and high quality of the car. Boot space is limited but that was highlighted to us during purchase. Official Mazda service includes a detailed video blog of the service which is a brilliant way of keeping across how the car is being taken care of. Thoroughly happy with our purchase

Purchased at Mazda Dealers for $32,000.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

CX3 IS A LEMON

Not going to go into a long winded email , but my Mazda CX 3 is a lemon and l want a replacement or a refund .
Brought the car from Caroline Springs Dealership
Have had five issue since l purchased in 2016 only three years ago
have complained before to head office and you guys did not want to do anything about it, well if nothing comes from this email the next step is VCAT and then A current Affair l am so sick of it.
1. Back seat could not be locked in
2. Back seat seat belt would not retract
3. Airconditioner stopped working
4. Phone would not connect
5. phone will not connect again

Does there have to be more things happening with this car before something is done about it
Carolyn Springs service department have been great in fixing things, but this is just getting a bit of a joke, it is now out of warranty l think but if you think l am going to pay for anything now considering l have complained a number of times to the service department and once to you which you should have a record, think again.
My name is Debra King
2A Meade Way Sysdenham
PH:0413696920
have rang the service department at 7.30am this morning
it is now 8.10 am still no phone call

this is just not good enough
please help me to sort this our ASAP

Purchased .

Love the car but wish the fuel tank wasn't tiny.

I have been driving the petrol Akari AWD for a couple of months now.
I mainly use it for my commute and it's not very often I have passengers so the interior dimensions are perfect. The driving seat is comfortable and easy to adjust. The leather trim is good quality. The car is good to drive and I like the way it looks.
Two things I'm not too happy about:
The fuel tank is miniscule, I think 35 litres. It's obviously something I should've checked but it never occurred to me.
The satellite navigation is rubbish. Even after installing the latest update it doesn't recognise places that have existed for years. It's a shame because the display is in a good position and very clear.

Purchased for $36,000.00.

Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Great Car, nice finish and high quality build

Have Just purchased new MAZDA CX-3 STouring
Love the car:Great high quality finish, premium high quality feel to it!
Good fuel Economy lots of safety and many other features. Very Nice looking car perfect for couple / single.
Great Warranty 5-yrs / Unlimited KMs
Love the pop up display that warns you about speeding and road signs ahead, and blind spot monitoring.

BadgesTouring
Date PurchasedJan 2019

Air-Conditioning fault and appalling service

I have the Mazda CX3 Akari it is a 2015 model I purchased from my daughter who never drove for more than 20 mins at a time in it, now I have been driving it for a year, generally for about 50 mins at a time to work and back, ever since I have had it I knew the air conditioning was not right and I took it to a service centre 3 times to try and have fixed, it was never corrected they said they found a different problem on each occasion.
Now obviously the warranty has run out, the Mazda service centre had absolutely no idea what was wrong with it, basically after driving for longer than 30-40 mins the air conditioning seems as if it is on but nothing through the vents just a large blowing noise behind them. I have to switch off for 15 mins and drive with windows down to cool the car, then try and switch on again in the hope I get another 10 mins out of it, god help it if I had to drive for more than an hour anywhere?

I am so frustrated with Mazda and their inability to fix this issue, and would never advise any one to purchase one.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

I love my car!

I use my car for daily commutes to and from work and gym and whatever I get up too on a weekend.
The only issue I have is that the backseat leg room is basically non-existent. If I do a school run for family friends, the kids dirty school shoes are touching my front seats. Not ideal. I am a tall gal, so I need space. My adult sized friends don't exactly fit too comfortably if there are more then 2 people in the back. Will need to upgrade when I have kids of my own, or more regular passengers.

Wish I had shopped around a little more, otherwise, a great car. Love the sound system, my first car was a 2005 Holden which had a bad sound system in comparison.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2017

Love my car

I use this car daily as my run about car. I have the sport model, wish I’d upgraded to the top model but I still love this car.
The boot is a little small and can’t fit a great deal in, but fold the seats down and the back space is large.
Drives nicely and handles well
The dealers I bought the car from were extremely helpful and are always great when I get it serviced

Date PurchasedJul 2016

really happy with this purchase

upgraded to a cx3. fuel efficient, comfortable and great safety features. I drive long distances on country roads to work and it handles the conditions beautifully. As a shift worker I often work long hours and I appreciate the additional features such as TSR. I agree with another comment that the navigation doesn't always pick the best route, but it works well and has got me out of a lot of problems. No regrets with the purchase.

DriveAWD
Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great looking compact SUV

I upgraded my first car (Corolloa 2003) and decided to give Mazda a try with this CX-3 Maxx Auto.
Drives very well, as expected from 2.0 L engine
Very economical, average ~6.5L/ 100 km which is excellent to a car this range
Looks very modern and sharp, I always liked these sharp looks of Mazda cars
The infotainment system is very good. Apart from GPS not picking the best routes sometimes, everything else works perfectly.
Trunk size is not great (I reckon it's smaller than my old hatchback Corolla! )

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Best Car I've Ever Bought!

I've always driven a Mazda 3 but this car is way better. It's the same dimensions as my others but it's higher, automatic, economical, & ideal for a senior with back problems. Inbuilt navigation & phone bluetooth are the icing on the cake - I love it! The only draw back is it doesn't have rear hatch release, otherwise it ticks all the boxes.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Do not buy a Mazda CX3

As the subject says "Do Not Buy a Mazda CX3" We were due for our car to be updated (we do this every 4-5 years) and decided to give Mazda another try (we had a Mazda RX8 quite a few years ago) worst decision we ever made. For starters the Sat Nav never worked as it should (has been fixed now, but not without some complaining) The locking system on the split folding rear seats never really locks and if it does you don't know how long it is going to stay locked. The steering wheel looks like it came out of a 20 yo car, the leather (or fake leather) it is showing extreme wear. It looks like we will be replacing this car a lot quicker than we normally do. So It looks like it is back to Toyota for us, they have never given us a problem in the 6 we have owned.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Mazda CX-3 Akari

Perfect car for P-platers. Easy to turn corners and manoeuvre. Quiet, streamline and smooth to drive. Beautiful leather interior. A tad squishy for 5 adults to sit in, but a good mini SUV. The i-stop feature, I feel, is clever and efficient. Love the mini display screen, as it helps keep track of the speed limit.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great small SUV

Love this car for its size, good for outdoor activity for 2-3 people despite being a small size. Its quiet and drives really well. However this is extremely small inside and can be uncomfortable for 5 people, but perfect for 4 people. I dont like the headrest however, gives me neck pain after a long drive

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Perfect car!

I brought my new CX-3 sTouring nearly 2 months ago now & I absolutely love it! The inside and outside of the car is awesome, it’s a small SUV but they have really thought out the space in this car considering it’s size! The inside interior is awesome, I love the splashes of red they have throughout the interior! I had a Mazda 3 previously and they are very similar with running costs, they are quite efficient cars in my opinion and run great!

BadgesTouring
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Perfect downsize

I've had 2 years and love all of the added extras. My ruby red color is always complemented and interior is easy to clean. Comfortable ride. Rarely have while family in car but back ok for tall boys for short rides. I wouldn't do a long trip with them though. Back seats fold easily and 2 layer boot is handy. Especially love all the warning systems and control options on gps/ sound system. Great Bluetooth and voice control. Service and warranty has been good wth a couple of basic warranty issues fixed recently such as sticking back seat belt.
Drives and handles well. Economical too.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great vehicle

My first purchased car and I’m absolutely in love. One of the most reliable things in my life. It’s amazingly fuel efficient, extremely comfortable, and is so easy to drive. The only down side to the Mazda CX-3 would be it’s lack of power, but everything else easily makes up for that.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Highly rated little suv for tight streets of Sydneys inner west.

I got a 2015 MAXX CX-3 and I absolutely love it. I’ve never looked back although i still have the slight colour indecisiveness.. “white or red?”

It’s an absolutely great city car especially for the tiny streets of Sydney. I fill up with BP unleaded 95 and it gives me about 440km roughly 2-3 weeks every fill up.

With the dashboard i wish it was more live update to show traffic and all.
Definitely would love to the dashboard to have more features on it.
I had a dashboard blackout a few times and it wouldn’t turn on.. i went to my dealer/servicer and they couldn’t diagnose it.

I would reccommend anything from Maxx and above, i do regret not going for the touring model.

They have had a saftey recall on the boot strutts just recently, so that will need to be fixed.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Good at first, then the issues happen

Vehicle has great Diesel Fuel Economy but is plagued by continual problems.

I must admit my first 800km were problem free, but the last 35,000km have not.

•3 safety issues 2 of which made the vehicle unroadworthy.
•Sensor issues causing the vehicle to go into ‘Limp Mode’
•Shock Absorbers (both needed replacement before first service and are a requirement for a Roadworthy Vehicle)
•Plastic coming off the vehicle at speed causing an actual momentary loss of control
•Not to mention a number of other issues

Mazda’s Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired choosing to, from a customers point of view offer sub standard resolutions to a fed up customer.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Cute little wannabe SUV

I got the 2016 Maxx model, wouldn't buy the base model as Maxx and above models is worth the price.

Drives smooth, handling is great and it has a 'sports' mode for extra power (in-which I dont understand why this car would have a sports mode').

The 2016 model does not have the 'safety package' which was an additional cost add on and the 2017+ models have this as standard!

So I suggest if anyone looking for this model, go for the 2017 model or later.

My car does approx 550km on one tank of fuel, and fuel tank is approx 45 litres. That's highway and city driving.

My max was 700km on one tank but that was driving from Sydney to Melbourne

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Perfect car !!

Bought 2016 Mazda Cx3 last year. It is perfect car for a small family with a lots of good feature. It’s a mini SUV and there is no other car really you can compare in this segment. It’s reliable , very well prized and good interior. I like navigator , Bluetooth and other key features.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Should Mazda be responsible for a manufacturing fault? Headlights full of condensation. From the first year we bought CX3. 2016. It's coming to the end of warranty and been reported 3 times now. Also aircon is currently being repaired with new parts, and the boot is also being repaired as it leaks water. Not happy with this vehicle and ready to get rid.

Does Anybody find the Cx3 stouring harsh in the suspension? I find it back breaking unless your on perfect road, which there aren’t many.

Mazda CX3 2015 owner please reply. I have bought brand new Cx3 in 2015. When going up hill especially between 60-80km it revs so noisily like it’s struggling to change from gears. Mazda checked it out and said “it’s designed to be like that and make that noise “ yet the other newer CX3 don’t make that noise because they’ve been improved. They don’t have another 2015 CX3 model for me to drive and compare so I’m just supposed to take their word for it and be happy with it but I’m miserable and hate it..and I spent $32000 onn this car with updates
I have had the same. Thank you for message. I will ask again as I feel it's not supposed to but don't know what to compare with other than previous cars.

Similar listings