Mazda CX-3 DK

Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-2020)

Also referred to as: Mazda CX-3 DK 2019 and Mazda CX-3 DK 2021. Akari, Maxx, sTouring, etc...

3.9

• Boot Size
  • Features
  • Comfort

Avoid purchasing this car

2 days after purchasing the car I had to return it to Mazda as the windscreen reservoir had a crack and would not hold water.
2 months later I had to have the rubber insert in the back passenger door replaced as it peeled away. Door is rarely used.
12 months after purchase I was stopped at a set of lights on Pacific Highway Lindfield and when I put my foot on the accelerator to take off nothing happened. 4 months later I received a new fuel pump after I provided Mazda with photos and videos of the problem as the technicians could find nothing wrong.
Now I have been back and forth with Mazda customer service for over 3 months as I have requested compensation. Their current offer (I believe) is unsatisfactory

Purchased in March 2019 for A$25,000.00.

Jen

JenCanberra 2600, ACT

Very very disappointed

Purchased in February 2020 for A$35,600.00.

ReeceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

QUALITY ISSUES worst car I’ve ever had

Purchased in May 2016 for A$38,000.00.

DEBBIE KINGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crap car

Ok .well here we go again my back middle seat belt does not work considering no one sit they lm not sure what has happened there and just notice that the drivers seat towards the end has lost all foam..now if you say it my fault then l would have to be sitting on the edge with my behind right up near the door..so thus is now the 7 or 8 times something has gone wrong with this car. I have advised everyone not to buy a Mazda and believe me they are telling there friends. So what are Mazda going to so this time..repair repair repair ..my car is only 4 years old ..and it us crap..will wait to hear from you
no words can explain how upset l am l just feel like crying.

Obbae L.

Obbae L.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Car for Commuting

Purchased in October 2019 at Mazda Dealers.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic
Mezz

MezzSydney, NSW

Great interior. Drives great. Looks nice with silver chrome on doors and has sunroof. The driver seat is only thing that isn't the best on my sore back but with pillow it helps.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Cecil

Cecil

Buy this vehicle and you will be a “winner”

Having driven Corollas for umpteen dozen years I recently decided to move outside my comfort zone and buy something completely different. I purchased a 2019 CX-3 iTouring in September and absolutely love it. It has more oomph than the Corolla and is magic to drive. If you are in the market for a new vehicle you cannot go wrong getting this vehicle.

Purchased in September 2019.

maryfrancis3

maryfrancis3Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointed

Bought this car three years ago. Already the aircon does not work any longer. Worked fine last Summer and before that. I feel a 'clunking' now and again when turning the steering wheel more than 45degrees, like the bearings or the CV joint is giving out. I am an older person - over 50 and it's not like I have been mistreating the car or anything. Very, very disappointed in the car. Oh and really jerky at times when it changes gears.

Purchased in May 2016 for A$34,000.00.

E H

E HSydney, NSW

Headlight Condensation

Bought the car Brand New on 2015 - drive well, love it - never missed the service always garage, only 20k now. once the warranty finished the headlight condensate. I search in the forum, it is a common problems, some owner are lucky to found it out during the warranty period, replaced and no cost involved. If Mazda aware of this problems they could have recall this matter. I hope someone from Mazda Australia read this and do something about it.

Purchased in August 2015 at Liverpool.

Brian Betts

Brian BettsPerth, WA

This car grabs you

If you are looking for a small SUV this is well worth a look. It drives and feels very positive on the road. It's very economical for a FWD 2 litre. Nothing is lacking in it's performance, even in the Auto. Packed with Safety features, Auto Headlight and Rain-sensing function. Air conditioning, 6 speaker Audio system, and a host of other features that one would expect in a car of this quality. The only problem we had was choosing the colour.

Kasturi Naicker

Kasturi NaickerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my Mazda CX3

I love my Mazda CX3! This is my first mini SUV. I use the car to work or to the station and over weekends. I have had the car for 3 years, travelled to Canberra, Adelaide and looking forward to a long drive to Sydney soon.
The features and style are highly recommended. The reverse camera and maps is a must and should be fitted in all new vehicles. Cannot do without one! The car is serviced annually at a Mazda dealer

Purchased in June 2016 at Essendon Mazda for A$27,500.00.

Kellee

KelleeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cutest car in town

Drive my car daily. Upgraded from a CX7. Love the size, ease of parking and fuel economy. Beautiful leather interior makes this a luxurious car to drive. Great safety features, but no retracting wing mirrors which is a shame.

Purchased in March 2017 at Zoopers for A$25,000.00.

BoughtUsed
Nadia James

Nadia James

Have had a few issues but overall not too bad

Nice looking car, good features however have had a few issues with the safety features which are currently being addressed with mazda. This includes the automatic high beams constantly flashing and not functioning properly.

Purchased in February 2019.

Ai D.

Ai D.South East Queensland, QLD

Good petrol consumption

I had this car for almost 3 years now and not a problem so far.
I would probably choose a 4WD than a FWD as I’ve noticed the power isn’t that great when driving up even on small steep

Purchased in April 2019 at James Frizelle's Automotive Group for A$26,000.00.

Greg R

Greg RWollongong

Great Ride

Car is just over a year old and come back from first service. Only done 11,000 so far. The car is automatic S-Touring version of the car. Love the ride, comfort and overall quality feel of this car. No complaints.

Purchased in April 2018 for A$29,960.00.

Doryanthus

DoryanthusSydney, NSW

Love it

The cx3 is a great car. Had it for three years and it performs flawlessly. We have the top end model with all the bells and whistles and we love it.

Purchased in November 2015 for A$32,000.00.

MTS

MTSSydney, NSW

Perfect for city driving

We have been driving our CX-3 for just over a year after purchasing new from Brookvale Mazda and have been thrilled with the performance and high quality of the car. Boot space is limited but that was highlighted to us during purchase. Official Mazda service includes a detailed video blog of the service which is a brilliant way of keeping across how the car is being taken care of. Thoroughly happy with our purchase

Purchased in February 2018 at Mazda Dealers for A$32,000.00.

Year2018
Comfort

Love the car but wish the fuel tank wasn't tiny.

I have been driving the petrol Akari AWD for a couple of months now.
I mainly use it for my commute and it's not very often I have passengers so the interior dimensions are perfect. The driving seat is comfortable and easy to adjust. The leather trim is good quality. The car is good to drive and I like the way it looks.
Two things I'm not too happy about:
The fuel tank is miniscule, I think 35 litres. It's obviously something I should've checked but it never occurred to me.
The satellite navigation is rubbish. Even after installing the latest update it doesn't recognise places that have existed for years. It's a shame because the display is in a good position and very clear.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$36,000.00.

Year2018
Marco Niere

Marco NiereGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Car, nice finish and high quality build

Have Just purchased new MAZDA CX-3 STouring
Love the car:Great high quality finish, premium high quality feel to it!
Good fuel Economy lots of safety and many other features. Very Nice looking car perfect for couple / single.
Great Warranty 5-yrs / Unlimited KMs
Love the pop up display that warns you about speeding and road signs ahead, and blind spot monitoring.

BadgesTouring
Date PurchasedJan 2019
David

DavidGold Coast

Air-Conditioning fault and appalling service

BadgeAkari
DriveFWD
Date PurchasedMay 2015

Julieasked

CX-3 DK (2015-2020)

Has anyone put in a claim to Mazda Australia regarding compensation for fuel pump issues. My CX-3 broke down in the middle of Pacific Highway when stopped at a set of traffic lights. When I moved my foot from the brake to accelerator nothing happened. Took Mazda 4 months to replace the fuel pump. I am not seeking compensation and getting what I consider pretty poor offers. Anyone else asking

Hi Julie
No l haven't, but let tell you
Mazda will not help you if its a big issue they will say its not a manufacturing fault , get rid of the car , l have had nothing but problems with mine its ridiculous. Would never buy a Mazda again

JohnW

JohnWasked

CX-3 DK (2015-2020)

My Mazda CX3 has suddenly developed a loud noise when I switch on the air con. Is there a motor issue with this model

Charles

Charlesasked

CX-3 DK (2015-2020)

Hi all, I've got a Mazda cx-3 16 plate, the air con has been blowing out warm air. I bought the car last June. I got the A/C regassed on Thursday and yesterday it went back to blowing warm air again. Can I phone Mazda and ask them to repair it has it's a known fault?

Reece

Hi Charles from previous posts on here seems to be a recognised fault, I haven’t gone down the long road of back and forth with Mazda Australia they are useless and do not look after their customers. Disgusting customer service and what I have noticed they don’t read any of these posts unlike Subaru have the decency to read and reply to posts regarding their product, buy a Subaru they are a far better quality vehicle and you won’t have any quality issues like the Mazda CX3.

DEBBIE KING

yes l agree with Charles , l have had nothing but problems since l brought this car , now my seal belt in the back seat has gone , l dont feel safe in this car at all , would niot buy a Mazda again

should of been Reece sorry