Mazda CX-3 DK

Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-2022)

Also referred to as: Mazda CX-3 DK 2021 and Mazda CX-3 DK 2023. Akari, Maxx, sTouring, etc... (See All)
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

hotkiwi
hotkiwiPerth, WA

Was enormously enthusiastic, but that waned over the years

Purchased in at Mazda Dealers for $38,000.

John K
John KSydney, NSW

Great car - looks great, drives well, low maintenance costs

I use this car for commuting & at weekends. The car service is usually every 9 or 12 months depending on lockdowns. Mazda provide a great service and the pricing is reasonable. Fuel economy is average.

plgtre
plgtre

Absolutely love it

I bought this car a year ago for personal use, and I’ve absolutely loved driving it almost every day of that year. I’ve had it serviced 3 times, and there have been absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. Fairly simple and straightforward to drive, it handles the roads around here quite well, however it does struggle a little on the mountain roads when I go up there. Not enough to be a concern, but in the interests of honesty it’s something to think about. Overall though, it’s been a fantastic car to own. So glad I bought it.

Great all round car

After looking at all cars in this price bracket we picked the mazda cx3 sports, for style, extras, service costs, running costs, drive ability and the functionality of the all inclusive extras. It is easy to drive and the comfort is up there with the more expensive cars I would recommend their vehicle to any body that wants a car they can always rely on to look good and do what you want to.

Catherine
Catherine

I ❤ my Mazda CX-3

My Mazda CX-3 is Just Perfect. The right size, comfortable and easy to drive over any road, economical and has all the gadgets anyone would require. I encourage anyone in the shopping market to take the CX-3 for a test drive to understand what a beautiful car this is to drive. No complaints from me. I wouldn't look elsewhere for any other brand of vehicle. I'll go back to another Mazda after this one. They're the best.

Purchased in for $28,500.

Iggy
IggySouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my car its luxury at an Affordable price

I drive my car to work everyday fro the country to the Gold Coast. My car needs to be comfortable and affordable to run. My CX3 fits the bill nicely. I particularly love the new tech on the new cars

Purchased in at Mazda Dealers for $27,900.

Noise Level
Hannah T.
Hannah T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Economical, easy to drive, no major issues.

• +2Thumbnail

Purchased in at Carsales.com.au for $20,000.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Luke M.
Luke M.Goldfields, WA

Totally Crap car!

Purchased in at John Hughes Car Sales for $22,000.

Derek LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My daughters 2015 had the same A/C issue and apparently Mazda issued a nService Bulletin and they fixed it at no cost in late 2020. Great assistance from the Ferntree Gully service team

Oz Traveller
Oz TravellerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still a great little car after 5 years

Purchased in for $27,000.

Christine
ChristineRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Does the job

The car drives really well and overall I'm pretty happy. However the air conditioning leaks into the car on the floor of the passenger seat, to the point where it creates a puddle. This is apparently very common and you need to manually drain it. Admittedly I'm not a car expert but I watched a YouTube tutorial to fix the problem myself, wasn't too difficult just frustrating and leaves a damp smell. The cushion is really soft so loses its structure which makes the car look a bit old after a normal amount of use. Aside from these issues, I'm happy with the car, I have been on many long drives with it and feel very safe.

Noise Level
Bell
BellSouthwest, VIC

Purchased in for $27,000.

Alexander
AlexanderNortheast, VIC

upgrade from kia rio

Purchased in for $31,450.

Hans Joachim S.
Hans Joachim S.Sydney, NSW

Drives well but poor visibility, terrible documentation, Mazda connect' not intuitive.

Julie
Julie

Avoid purchasing this car

2 days after purchasing the car I had to return it to Mazda as the windscreen reservoir had a crack and would not hold water.
2 months later I had to have the rubber insert in the back passenger door replaced as it peeled away. Door is rarely used.
12 months after purchase I was stopped at a set of lights on Pacific Highway Lindfield and when I put my foot on the accelerator to take off nothing happened. 4 months later I received a new fuel pump after I provided Mazda with photos and videos of the problem as the technicians could find nothing wrong.
Now I have been back and forth with Mazda customer service for over 3 months as I have requested compensation. Their current offer (I believe) is unsatisfactory

Purchased in for $25,000.

David
Davidasked
CX-3 DK Akari FWD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic (2015-2022)

Has anyone had issue with rear seat belts not retracting after a single use? I have never needed to use them but have now noticed after one use they do not retract, I have searched and see this is a common issue, did people get it fixed out of warranty?

Paul

They have not been usd yet but I will check them to day

Marie
Marie
Derek L

My daughters rear seat belts were also replaced out of warranty due to common issue at no charge after 5 years

John S
John Sasked
CX-3 DK (2015-2022)

Providing a possible answer to " Jen ", in the reviews, that is all warning lights coming on. Ours was a 2019, we had a similar issue where all warning lights came on...Our Mazda dealer replaced the front CAN-Bus under warranty and it hasn't failed since, they mentioned it was the 2nd they had replaced....Other than that our CX3 has been great and driving it is a joy...

trish
trishasked
CX-3 DK Akari FWD, 2.0L Petrol, Manual (2015-2022)

purchase car from new Jan 2019 - 24,000kms - driving great until thursday - Car drove normally for 1 hour in traffic. Parked car at work to check in at security, came back 5 minutes later started car, put in reverse halfway across the driveway car just died, no warning, no electronics, wouldnt start again, car towed to dealer. diagnostics will be interesting. waiting for dealer to get back to me. When asking the dealer that this is a warranty issue - the reply was it could be me at fault????amazing how the buck starts to be passed when it is a warranty issue. My question is has anyone had similar issue? Someone i spoke to on the weekend had a similar issue with the cx3 mazda had to replace their engine.

See all Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-2022) questions

Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-2022)

Compare all 22 Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-2022)
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $36,290.00$34,290.00$37,790.00$40,790.00
TransmissionAutomaticManualAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolDiesel
Max Torque195Nm @ 2800rpm195Nm @ 2800rpm195Nm @ 2800rpm270Nm @ 2600rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,200 kg1,200 kg1,200 kg800 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)640 kg640 kg640 kg640 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions
Ground Clearance160 mm160 mm160 mm160 mm
Release date
Compare all 22 Mazda CX-3 DK (2015-2022)