Dualis J10, Qashqai J11

• Features

Paul L.

Paul L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cracked Sunroof

Four year old Qashqai with a crack from an edge then right up the middle of the inner sheet of laminated glass. No damage on the external sheet of laminated glass, so my assumption is that it is a manufacture fault. Nissan have rejected my claim as there is a clause in the warranty about glass and the car is 12 months out of warranty. A significant cost to replace (almost $3000), so I am very disillusioned with Nissan Australia.

Purchased in May 2017 at Northern Motor Group.

chr960

chr960Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love Love Love

I bought my Dualis at 3 years old and I have had it for 8 years now. I have it regularly serviced and to date (fingers crossed) I have had no issues. It is great for around town or on longer trips, easy to park and I will keep it for as long as I can. My only criticism is the internal door handles are peeling, so obviously a plastic of some sorts and the chrome is coming off which is not pretty, but that is the only thing I dont like which I think is pretty awesome.

Purchased in December 2013 for $19,000.00.

Joe SmithGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not too bad, except...

Purchased in February 2020.

Michaela c

Michaela cWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Absolutely love this car.

Runs amazing. Have had for 3 years and not a single problem. I do find it hard when needing to purchase a tyre if you get a flat while travelling as it's not a common one that most tyre shops stock. Great sound system. Great to drive and park. No problems doing long road trips or just around town. This car is also excellent on fuel.

Purchased in February 2018 at Nissan Dealers for $34,000.00.

Ebi

EbiHunter Region, NSW

Not high quality as I expected, had a brake failure

My 2018 Qashqai only 43,000 km on it got a brake failure in the middle of the road! The brake got stuck for no reason. Told the company and dealership could not figure it out, they didnt even repair the damge to the car caused by the stuck brake.

Purchased in October 2020 for $21,000.00.

Nettie G

Nettie GHunter Region, NSW

Faulty Radiator Fan

The Radiator cooling fan has gone in my 2015 Nissan Qashqai ST. Took it to my mechanic, he was shocked to see this part needing replacing in his eyes prematurely in a car that has done 108,000k's. He phoned Nissan and couldn't believe the cost for a genuine Nissan part is $1,580.00, just the part this doesn't include installation. Thankfully he has been able to obtain an after-market part for $500 and his cost to install is around $100. How lucky that I have a great mechanic. I recently have been informed that it is very common for this part to be faulty in Qashqai's that has around the 100,000k's on the clock. Interesting what you find out.

TraceyAU

Faulty Head Unit In My Brand New Qashqai And Nissan Refuses To Honour Their Warranty

Purchased in July 2020 at Armstrong Nissan Toowoomba.

MelzY

MelzYMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dualis +2 TI-L 2012 J10 has done well - for minimal services and big kms

Purchased in July 2012 at Nissan Dealers for $39,000.00.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Safety not important for Nissan

I bought my Nissan Qashqai a year ago. I was happy with the car till I had a flat tyre and had to change it. The car jack broke as the car went up. Luckily the tyre was still in the wheel and I had a hydraulic jack in the car. I contacted Nissan and they refused to replace the jack. They wrote in an email that from the picture they can see that it was used incorrectly. They don’t even want to see the jack. Not very safe ....

TransmissionAutomatic

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nissan qashqai 2015

I drive every day and have found the qashqai to be great on fuel and have no mechanicalproblems in the 4 years I've owned it it's a dream to drive the only draw back is the stereo system interface with blue tooth works perfectly but very limited to other brands

Purchased in September 2016 for $21,000.00.

DONT BUY NISSAN EVER

DONT BUY NISSAN EVERSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nissan qashqai ti is all looks and no performance. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Purchased in January 2020 at Byrne Ford Kedron, Brisbane for $20,500.00.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

A dinosaur of a car

I bought a 2015 Nissan qashqai a couple of years ago and as a car it's not bad at all when you look at its entertainment system/Bluetooth system it's antiquated and decades behind its rivals this makes it unsafe as you can't voice dial or answer everything has to be done manually Nissan connect is so bad even Nissan gave up on it and introduced apple car play in its newer models but left the rest of us hanging in the wind

Purchased in August 2015.

Nathan

Nathan

A thoroughly adequate car with out being special. Great packaging (though not a "family" car). Good ride and handling.

Noise Level
anil

anilSydney, NSW

This is perfect car

use to go to work and driver around for shopping . i use the car every day . there so may feature and i never gone through all. like the seat adjustment.

Purchased in June 2020 at blacktown for $45,000.00.

Laura P.

Laura P.

Love my car

I use my car everyday and for camping trips. I wanted a car that is stylish but had the space. I have never had any issues over the 6 years of owing it. The only let down is that the interior door panels have a black seal on them thats peeling. Ive always kept undercover so its not sun damage just wear from opening the door and using the widow buttons.

Great Car.

The only thing that has let me down on this car was the dealership. Bought this car new 2014, Diesel Turbo. Now 165k and only maintenance costs have been battery and tyres. The diesel has more power than the petrol (which I test drove) and runs well around town or country. I'm an hour from Townsville and have towed trailers from Cairns no hassle. Interior still perfect except for door trim.

Purchased in March 2014 at Nissan Dealers for $34,000.00.

Aha

AhaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great A-B car

I purchased this car in 2017 and use it daily. I've only had one issue - a friction sound from the steering column which, when investigated by Nissan, resulted in the steering column being replaced (free of charge, as the car was still under warranty).

There's no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in this car, but I don't give two hoots about that.

Overall, this has been a comfortable, reliable car, with a decent amount of space given it's a compact SUV.

The only negative I've found is that it's a bit of a thirsty car - not as economical as some others in its class.

Purchased in August 2017 at Nissan Dealers for $25,000.00.

Dibs87

Dibs87South East Queensland, QLD

Love the blue

Have purchased my second nissian qausqaui
Had a 2015 Ti , great car sold it after 3 yrs and brought the new stl 2019 model good upgrades, less road noise with this later model

Purchased in August 2019 for $35,000.00.

Gee

GeeSydney, NSW

Total Lemon

Purchased in May 2015 at Nissan Dealers for $39,000.00.

Dani

DaniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect choice

Great car for small family. Has Isofix for baby seat. Nice and sleek interior and exterior. Spacious boot. Great value for money. Good safety features and driving aids. Highly recommend this suv.

Purchased in May 2019 at Nissan Dealers.

Bob K.

Bob K.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

I have a Dualis 2007 model. Problem is engine power when driving on a steep hill, or when climbing on an object small as 10cm... the car wont climb, even when i engage 4wD.
But no problem when on plain surfaces and has enough speed and power while on main road. So what could be the problem? Is this a common problem? Iv already changed the gear box but still same problem

Joe Smithasked

Dualis / Qashqai

What may be causing a whistling noise from the left C-pillar in the 2019 Nissan Qashqai?

I've heard that they have issues such as misaligned panels.

Joe Smith

My review at the top of the page wasn't incentivised, my apologies.

alan

I heard they all do it, something to do with the shape of them, The later model xtrails do the same thing. Earlier xtrails 2009-2013 never did it. They were good cars, Nissan knows about it, they refuse to acknowledge it.

Joe Smith

Took the car to Nissan and it turns out it was an air conditioning cap that wasn't put on properly but the car still makes that same noise but quieter. Huh... Lousy Nissan service!!!

Di Aitchisonasked

Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

I have a 5 year old Qashqi with ongoing aircon problems. I have asked to have it solved 4 to 5 times but because it is a "rare" incidence ie Mostly ok, but occasionally starts to blow coolish air..but no cold air. It can then just start working again. I am almost out of my extended warranty at the end of this month, so I'm getting desperate as I am a pensioner. It is in for 2 days at present and they say they will try to drive it around to see if it happens again. That is a long shot with no guarantees it will happen when they have it. At one stage they wondered if it might be associated with the battery, so I bought a new one..and the aircon was working for months after I'd replaced it. However it has happened again. I get their frustration..but it's nothing compared to mine. Alex

alan

typical nissan air conditioners they all had problems, qashqai & xtrails have the same units Nissan knows about it they pretend they dont know. so they dont have to repair them Leaking seals, faulty compressors pipes freezing up are some of the issues

Di Aitchison

Thankyou Alan...time will tell.

See all Nissan Dualis / Qashqai questions

Compare all 11 Nissan Dualis / Qashqai
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Release dateJuly 2014July 2014July 2014July 2014