Nissan Dualis / Qashqai

Nissan Qashqai St-L

Very Cheap built, I had 2017 TS 1.6 diesel, work very well and recently upgrade (actually downgrade) it to ST-L 2019 model , very disappointed with a quality and lots of feature missing.
For $32,000 (but some dealers offer $29K I paid $30k) car No rain sensor, wheel looks great but wheel button are too small, lights bulbs ordinary, electric park not working automatically I booked a brand new car to be checked first available time was 4 weeks, overall not happy I don't keep it for long.

Purchased in June 2019 for $30,000.00.

Year2,018

Good all round car

I brought this car new in 2016 and have had no problems.
It has now done 27,000 Kms.

It is a very economical car with the CVT transmission and performs well both in city and highway driving..

Very happy to date.

Purchased in June 2016.

Year2,016

Reliable and economical

TS 1.6 diesel, bought new Jan 2017. Have covered 52000 Kms. No faults. Comfortable and economical car to drive. Mainly used for highway touring with actual fuel consumption of 4.9 to 5.3 litres per 100 Kms.
I did not like the stop start feature, permanently disabled by turning the bonnet closed switch upside down.
I had MichelinMX3 tyres fitted soon after purchase, much better than the original Goodyear tyres fitted.

Purchased in January 2017 for $34,000.00.

Year2,016
Comfort

smooth car, lots of extras, good on fuel

Great smooth car, good on fuel (8.3L/100KM between my feather toe and my missus' lead foot), fast enough for a 2.0L engine.

Power steering is very light, which I like.

Parking cameras are out of this world

Aircon is good, bluetooth is good.

Only neg is hard to fill up, I can only squeeze the bowser trigger half way or it keeps clicking no matter what angle or depth I put the nozzle in.

Purchased in April 2019 at Nissan Dealers for $27,600.00.

Year2,018

Quirky, but I like it.

Overall it's a pretty good car with a lot of features that are now being featured on newer cars. It's enjoyable to drive, especially on freeways and highways and very comfortable. Until it reached 35000 km I was disappointed with the performance especially from standing start and fuel economy. Since then it has really improved. It now has 47000km and has averaged 7.5L/100km (usually in heavy city traffic). I've only just replaced the original set of tyres and it is cheap to insure as well. I even like its little quirks.

Purchased in July 2015.

Year2,015

2012 nissan dualis j10

Nissan would have to be the kings of bringing out one dud after another. And they sell enough of them to keep in business. I bought my J10 Dualis from Alex Mildren Artarmon in 2012. The salesman scratched the side mirror as he drove it out the showroom. I discover a few days later there was a dint in the car just to the right of the petrol tank. The station wagon cover lock-overs broke under warranty & I was dumb-founded at the fact that the person I dealt with in hierachy argued until he was blue in the face to get Nissan out of supplying a new one. After telling their service centre at that time, there was a problem with the gearbox, the manager there tells me if there is no fault found, it would be fully chargable. My head goes in the sand. Nissan West Pennant Hills charged me $350 up to 12mths ago to fix the engine mount & and I still have the problem. Then I read this about CVT which might be what the problem is but for Nissan WPH not to be able to be definitive about this issue is VERY VERY poor work.

Purchased in November 2012 for $27,000.00.

Year2,012
Comfort

Very bad computer system inside

My qashqai’s alternator and ECU stopped working soon after the car was out of warranty.
Auto stop and start ,
Cruise control system is not working.
Very good looking car but poor quality products inside

Purchased in November 2014 at Nissan Dealers for $34,000.00.

Year2,014
Comfort

Really great car to drive

I bought my car new in 2015, and for the first two years of its life it was doing 140km per day for my work. I racked up the kilometres fast, and now drive much less each day. I have never had any serious problems. I enjoy its smooth driving. I have had ongoing issues with the rear reversing camera flickering and fading, going from black and white to dead, but this was addressed over several services. It seems to me that water can get into the camera unit when it rains, and short it out.

I have heard many issues exist with the automatic CVT, but I purchased manual and it is a joy to drive. I have the lowest version of the Qashqai, but the extras aren't necessary. I love the simplicity of the heater in the ST, compared to the dual controls in the other versions. My mother had the Diesel TS version and there were multiple things she hated, including keyless start and automatic stopping, which she was glad to see the back of when she "downgraded" to the ST version.

I organised after market tinting which was a good idea, and I'm considering updating the stereo unit to an aftermarket version that works with Apple CarPlay. However, I am very happy with the standard unit that is in the car. I have done around 70,000 km in this car and have never regretted it.

My only real problem was that I was determined to buy a red Qashqai in manual, and this was impossible to find, so I waited nearly four months to settle the purchase and have one sent over from England to me. The car dealership and Nissan didn't really care after they had secured the sale, in keeping me advised of the status of my order, and I made complaints about this. I waited a long time, and I'm very happy with what I got, but their after sales service was pretty abysmal.

When I was driving to and from work on country roads, my fuel consumption was averaging around 7.5/8.0 litres per 100km. Now that I'm doing shorter drives most of the time, fuel consumption hovers around 9.5 litres per 100km, still relatively economical.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
DriveFWD

Paint problem from day one and poor after sales support from Total Nissan Cannington

Bought new in 2014. Mostly parked undercover or in locked garage. Done about 37500 kms as of today, mainly used for commuting for work and back home by my wife. Whenever this car has to be parked outside we noticed that the paint on the rear bumper had sand particles stuck onto it and if touched finger print marks get embedded into the paint. This was reported back to the dealer. Took a while to convince them as the exact issue was replicated on another car parked outside the dealership. They acknowledged the issue and the rear bumper was repainted with the matching colour. This didn't fix the issue and they did replace the rear bumper from a new car after a lot of back & forth negotiations. This again still didn't fix the issue and the dealer wouldn't want to take up this any further with Nissan Australia. They offered to put a bumper protector instead which I rejected and hence they ordered a new bumper and repainted it with the matching colour. Fed up with this back and forth to the dealership and their poor attitude and not solving the issue I gave up. Now the front bumper clear coat has started to peel off like nail polish coming off. There is no visible dent or damage to any of these parts. I did report this to dealer but no response as of today.
P.S -Please people before buying any Nissan vehicles take a closer look at a similar car parked outside and see how it fares in the hot sun. My friend just got rid of his Nissan X trail bought after our car due to the same issue.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
DriveFWD

Great car ! however - clutch replaced at 90,00km.

Bought new my 201 Nissan dualis TI FWD manual. Great car, but be warned about the soft clutch. Had to replace after 90,000km. Which cost $3k as you need to buy the entire clutch and flywheel as one unit. Also replaced front rotors after 70,000km but that only cost $100 and is a common issue with the dualis. My opinion is the manual version plus FWD puts to much stress on the clutch as it's a heavy car. Only caveat is this was a daily driver in Sydney conditions. so lots of stop start. Besides the clutch the car was faultless.

Date PurchasedNov 2011

Nothing but Problematic

Nothing but trouble since purchased. Air con replacesd twice, silver door handle term peels and cut fingers, 3 passender door handle cables snapped at least one (some twice), boot handle snapped off in hand when opening boot, seat release lever broke, boot latch fell out and had to be screwed back in, very noisy and rattles. Very disappointed with this car. Purchases 7 years ago with only 52000k's. Didnt have the money to get rid of it once I realised how bad it is. Will never go near a nissan again.

Date PurchasedMay 2011

1000km in, all good.

Car was a great price, has most of the features we wanted, and drives well.
Wife misses the automatic headlights of her last VW, and is still getting used to the parking sensors beeping at her all the time but no serious complaints so far.
Haven't had to test out the automatic braking but nice that it comes even on the base model.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Stylish inside and out, totally convenient, love the cameras

The car is a solid choice for its price range. the smart camera has greatly improved our parking in the tightest of sydney spots. As the driving is shared we find adjusting the height and distance of the driver seat a breeze.

Stylish inside and out, we love the boot space and smooth ride. When we have the occasional newphew and neices in the back, the moon roof allows us to enjoy the sunlight in the front while the kids watch their dvd in headrests. We like seeing the rain with the full length of the roof open, letting in light as we like it when we like it. For a smaller SUV on the market the driving position is still fairly high and fuel economical.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great car

delivers on all it promised and more. Nissan is a great and reliable brand. I’ve had mitsubishi (fantastic) but like the safety features of rhis model. Considered a touota but interior styling is clunky and safety features not standard. Lane monitoring, emergency braking work well . Hested seats in einter great. Rides firmly in the road abd steering good. More than enough power

BadgeStl
Date PurchasedSep 2018

Steer Clear of Nissan... Period!

I'm not going into all the detail but in summary we purchase two new Nissan's in 2013 and had nothing but drama's, in particular our Dualis. This car has blown 2 transmissions and is now on its third and the car has only done 75,000Klms. Further to this my wife's 2013 pulsar had also been through a transmission at 30,000Klms.

Never will I purchase a Nissan again and I strongly and I mean strongly urge others to re-consider another car. If you are thinking Nissan's are reliable cars, yes they were back in the day but now are absolute rubbish proven by Nissan by not standing behind their cars.

People don't buy these and save yourself the heartache! we brought these both new and never received the "New Car Experience", all we ended up with was heartache.

BadgeTi-L
Date PurchasedAug 2013

What a cracker of a car

I "downgraded from a huge Hyundai Imax" to this little cracker - once all my kids were driving their own cars. So going from a huge car to a medium size car (2.2 auto) i was a little apprehensive. My daughter drives a range rover evoque (my dream car) but do you know - i think i am just as happy with this one. It has plenty of techy gadgets. Handsfree blue tooth works brilliantly - very clear. Cruise control, chasis control - led day lights. An eco setting for those who want to watch the fuel consumption. (yet i rarely go over 8L per 100km - my best is 5.7L per 100km).
Its stylish and has great lines. Quality closing doors - not tinny! Really - I am super impressed and so is my pocket.. Saved myself an extra $30K !! Nice one Nissan (and to top it off - it was made where i came from Sunderland in the UK - well there you go!)

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Beep beep Betty

Family car, shopping and small trips. Car is used every day and is serviced according to dealer requirements. The sonar on the car is over the top. The car beeps far too much which is very annoying . I enjoy the reverse parking camera. This car comes to emergency stop when I drive up the shopping centre driveway ?? Very unsafe!! Overall a comfortable car with some unusual additions.

BadgeTL
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Highway champion

Nissan's 1st generation baby crossover the Dualis combines style and performance but not so for reliability.... this compact SUV is a great car for the long endless highway/country driving. Very fuel efficient pulling 750-760 km on a full 65L petrol tank. A pleasure to drive with it's comfy heated seats, telescopic power steering wheels, cruise control, dual climate control, Bluetooth connectivity, ABS, smooth suspensions, dual CVT transmission, panoramic sunroof, decent boot space and plenty of rooms in the backseat for 2 car seats or 3 adults! the only issues so far.... car doors weren't locking properly upon pressing the keyfob...turns out 2 actuators were faulty and never got detected by the computer system! Radio transmission can be disruptive sometimes. Inner plastic trims are a bit flimsy. City driving averages 11-12L/100km.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Excellent. NISSAN QASHQAI ST-L

Driving experience is terrific, both in performance and handling, very quiet on the road....Interior leather is good, except it does seem to mark easily. Plenty of leg room both of us are tall and that was a crucial factor when we looked for a new car.
Good on fuel consumption, although we have only done short trips, so should perform even better on a long run.
We had the Ming finish on both interior and exterior and that keeps it cleaner between washes....

BadgeST-L
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Nissan Dualis Ti parts comes from Christmas Crackers

I bought this heap of crap brand new for $37K since iv had it’s rattles have driven me mad it rattles in the seats in seat belts everywhere it’s needed a new steering wheel due to a recall fault a new stereo to the tune of $1500 due to a fault new gas struts for the boot hatch it shakes n vibrates holding on the foot brake it’s absolutely gutless its had 10 new main dipped beam globes 4 new park light globes I’m so sick of constantly changing them it’s not funny! it’s had anew battery which is normal for the a 5-6 year old car. The interior the plastic is peeling off everywhere on stereo console around the door handles on the window switches the silver plastic console around the auto lever is loose. The tin foil sheet that’s fitted to the underneath of the car not sure what it’s for but it pings n rattles and drives me mad also. Like i said the car is put together very poorly using Christmas cracker parts!
“Do Not Buy a Nissan Dualis J10 model” save yourself a whole heap of grief and regrets.

Date PurchasedJul 2013