Primus Mammoth DualZone

2.7

Stewie

StewiePeel, WA

Power usage

I have had the 65l mammoth for almost 3 years not a lot of use seems to drain fully charged battery within hrs the old 38l 1970s engle goes for days

Purchased in April 2017 for A$1,100.00.

love it

I have had the primes 65lt dual mammoth fridge freezer now for 5 years without an issue. it even held temp in the Ute in Exmouth recently when it was 48 deg outside
Can not fault it

love it

Purchased in September 2014 for A$1,100.00.

David C.

David C.Hunter Region, NSW

Ticks all the marketing boxes, but a piece of junk!

Purchased in December 2018 at Tentworld Online store for A$999.00.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Primus Mammoth DualZone compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Cannot be regased So unrepairable

My dual zone worked well for 2.5 years No use for 3 months. All packed ready to go away for 3 months. Fridge won,t freeze so had to rush down and buy another (different brand) Away for 4 months . Take fridge to repair center where told it is irreparable because it had lost gas and there was no way of finding the leak because of the insulation. Out of warranrty

Thomas

ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Well built great design

Purchased in June 2019 at https://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.au/?gclid=CjwKCAjwvJvpBRAtEiwAjLuRPaJt1Nfn_kpDUR5n_eL9-ma_OB7MO3VFjRjCrFRp2QRAWWz72e-mYRoCb-EQAvD_BwE for A$995.00.

Did Not Live Up To Expectation

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Steven

StevenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge

Had this since August 2015 we use it at home as well as away camping . Only problem we had was the fan carked in april 2018 .. was fixed in a week under warranty (3yrs) . We have the 118L no regrets buying it . Works off the dual batteries no problem .

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Lethal

LethalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Resolved

Had a problem with the unit and after negotiation with the retailer and manufacturer was able to reach an agreed outcome and the matter has been successfully resolved.
Next time will look more carefully at the range of fridges available and their suitability for offroad use
mnatter is now closed

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dave G

Dave GBrisbane

Great Fridge for the Tough Teardrop Camper

We have had this 65lt dual zone Primus fridge for the last 2 years. It is fitted to the front box of our #toughteardrop offroad camper and has been reliable and efficient since. The fridge is powered by a 130 AGM battery in the camper which is charged by a Rolasolar flexible solar panel kit.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

d w

d wGoonengerry

Absolute rubbish

This fridge did 6 trips away. On our 7th trip it would not get cold. Took it to the recommended repairer paid $110 deposit only to be told it was out of gas so it had a leak. All the tubes are encased in the insulation so could not locate the leak. UNREPAIRABLE. This fridge is absolute rubbish. Only the Engel and Evacool are able to be repaired because their cooling tubes are accessible.
Do not buy this fridge.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
dazza

dazzaAlice Springs

Didn't work properly Day 1

It arrived on Friday plugged it into the car (duel battery system) and set both sides to 4c the left hand side went down to -14 freezing all the bottles of water (lucky not beer!!) and the right hand side doesn't get below 14 what a joke
Going to try and get my money back on Monday.
I will let you know what happens.
bite the bullet pay the money and buy an ENGEL
cheers
Darren

Date PurchasedApr 2018
dnk

dnkDarling Downs, QLD

Well done

We are full time travellers and have used our primus mammoth 65litre dual zone full time for 2 1/2 Years in that time we have had 2 problems But can not fault the after sales service. We are Very happy and Would definitely recommend this product thank you very much.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Trouble with it all the time had 2 under warranty and now I'm with out as the new one not working

Not happy with the way as keep on braking down had 2 under warranty and now I'm with out as the new one not working send back to Queensland 4 repairs and maintenance of the new one and only just waiting for the results I am thinking about demanding my money back so see what happens when the fridge freezer comes back

Date PurchasedSep 2015

I bought the 65litre fridge from BBC, $1350 and had it 18 months and now it doesn’t work.

Transportable yes but mine stopped working after only 18 months. I had it hard wired and ran it all the time as I have plenty of solar and twin batteries. I actually only used it a few times. Very dissatisfied and wish I’d kept my waco. It was 9 years old & going great. I downsized from the 110 litre to the primus 65 litre.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

GUS

Waiting for a reply from Primus

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Waste of money

We never got to use our unit as the first time we went to use it, the fridge temperature would not get the set temperature. Instead of the unit getting replaced by Primus, a replacement part was reinstalled into a brand new unit. We really are not happy with both customer services and the fridge itself.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

AngelaPerth, WA

So Far So Good

Purchased the 65ltr dual zone January 2016 is now a year old. So far has worked like a dream, even when we had no access to power of any kind it kept food frozen and cold for 3 days on houseboat as it is so well insulated. (kept opening lids to a minimum) Have had no problems running on 240 or 12 volt as use both. Very handy being able select either side for fridge or freezer and having a lid for each side. We have been running our unit constantly as we also use it as spare beer fridge/freezer. Is heavy but extremely well built and solid. Hopefully it keeps running as well as it has and at this stage cant recommend enough.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Lloydybw

LloydybwPort Kennedy

Hopefully can get my money back

Stecar

StecarGladstone, Queensland

Reliable

We purchased Dual zone 118ltr last October 2014. We get 66hrs running off a 85ah battery in our vehicle. We used it constantly for 2 mths in a tent in temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius and hasn't faultered. Overall in 4 mths it has been on all but a couple weeks hasn't let us down.

Primus series 111, not good quality

Purchased primus series 111 4 years ago 12v/240v failed within 12 months, fixed under warranty. A further 2 years on 12v board failed, rang and was told no parts available and unit just out of warranty. Unit is now usless even though it looks new, parts should be available as these are not cheap.