Princess Cruises

Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Golden Princess, etc...

• Trip Length12.267 days
  • Staff
Aussie traveller

Aussie travellerNorth Queensland, QLD

Class action planned against Princess Cruises

Like thousands of other Australians I am still waiting for a refund from Princess Cruises for a cruise THEY cancelled. I am talking to a solicitor about setting up a class action against Princess Cruises to recover my money and will advise how to join the class action in due course. In the meantime I would strongly suggest that people do not book future cruises with Princess, as they have a track record of cancelling cruises and then holding on to refunds. My legal advice is that this amounts to fraud.

Trip Length0 days
Booked ThroughCruise Line

Passenger needs to be accountable as well

The Covid 19 problem surfacesd in Jan 2020. There were headlines and concerns about it was everywhere. I dont understand why silly passenger didnt cancel their travel plan but choose to put their health in danger. Is losing cancellation fee, far more important than your familys health?
I canceled my flights on the 2 March 2020. And lost a 2500 on flight tickets. So i think my familys health is far important than the finances lost.

Trevor CassMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cruise 30 May 2020 cancelled. Still waiting on refund. Poor business ethics and no service!

We booked the Baltic Heritage Cruise for 30 May 2020. Due Covid-19, cruise was cancelled 12 March 2019. Still awaiting refund July 2020. Poor communication, lack of information. Web states Princess is doing all they can to get through refunds; we bet they have the resources to handle new bookings while they hold onto the refunds of those who did the right thing and booked and paid early! We would never use Princess again!

Trevor Cass

Finally received refund this week.

Get a move on

We had our Diamond Princess cruise in Feb cancelled, still waiting on refund. Have never cruised before with Carnival, will never try again. You have had our money long enough.

Ashmac51

Ashmac51South East Queensland, QLD

Princess cruises never again

Cancelled three cruises in February this year due to virus fears. I am at Elite level having cruises with Princess over 1090 nights.

After waiting over 60 days refunds of deposits have not been returned to me. Many emails to the company just ignored not even a courtesy reply. Don’t Princess employ call centre staff that are literate to answer emails?

If a company can’t be business like in difficult times why should we support it in good times.
Princess cruises never again.

Trip Length40 days
Ellen

Ellen

Terrible Cruise

Went on the Sea Princess from Brisbane to New Zealand.
The cabin was the smallest I had ever been in,the food in the dining room was like something you would get in a rest home.Stews and lots of soups which were awful.I had the misfortune to get sick for the last 4 days of the cruise and was confined to my cabin.I had to rely on the room service menu which was almost inedible.
I have cruised several times but this was the first Princess cruise.
Never again!!

Mike ELLIOTT

Mike ELLIOTTPerth, WA

Cruise was good. Service from administration is terrible.

After 3 months of sending emails about damaged luggage that given a case# in February. I spent an hour on the phone which ended with a promise I would be phoned back by the case manager. As expected no call back and no email. As a result of this bad service they have a gold member who will not book with them in the future.
I acknowledge that life is hard for them at the moment, but 3 months after a promise of 20 days is not good or polite behaviour for a company that sells its self on its service. The admin have let down their great crew

RayE

RayESydney, NSW

Yeah, but not for me!

lencox49

lencox49AU

Room fitted with Queen bed with no access to it.

Stuart

StuartSydney, NSW

Nice ship but standards slipping

Trip Length8 days
Nicole

NicoleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pending trip with coronavirus in Singapore

I am totally gobsmacked that Princess Cruises will not allow a full refund for passengers leaving Singapore on 23/2/2020 considering Singapore is the next country outside China with the most cases with Coronavirus. It would be great Customer Relations if the cruise company gave us a credit on another cruise rather than forfeiting our monies as we all have lives to come back to, rather than risk another cruise ship in quarantine. My husband and I have many years of retirement to look forward to and cruising was to be a big part of our holidays with Princess however based on their uncaring policy, we will be using other cruise liners such as Cunard who are being responsible and diverting their ships away from Singapore.

Lynette

LynettePerth, WA

Was a horrible smell in our cabin and on deck

Smell in cabin on boarding and then still there the hole 4 days cabin staff were told and the purser office the only thing they did was spray air freshener and tell us it came from the port that we had just left

Trip Length4 days

Davo

Don’t waste your time contacting a Princess Holiday Planner or you may miss the cruise you want.

Trip Length13 days

jmichael d'angeloGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

love princess but follow up on billing error is horrible

have been trying for several months to clean up a billing error made by them. keep getting run around and no solution or call backs as promised. NOT HAPPY! they need to do betterr

jmichael d'angelo

just on hold for over 30 minutes waiting for a supervisor who was not interested in talking to me about this problem.. very disappointed in them.

Rob

RobPerth, WA

Poor After Sales

Trying to get replies from emails is extremely poor. I was sent a copy of my payment confirmation but am unable to download it to print. Have sent reservations 3 emails asking to resend but one replies. Once they have your money no one seems to care

Never again

Travelled to N.Z. had our money stolen first day cabin searched like we were the thieves. Security rude. Confined to cabin sick last 4 days . Hygiene lacking at mealtime after first couple of days.

Barbie

BarbieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

no more golden princess trip

Travelled on Golden princess before but this time was not good. Entertainment for teenagers but most persons were pensioners. We walked out on two shows. Hannah Howie was very good.
Food for gluten free person was not good hardly any choice. Never going again.

Rob

RobPerth, WA

CONCERNED

Paid a deposit for cruise next year and received a final notice of the payment date with the wrong amount of deposit paid in their favour.
Have emailed them a copy of the receipt showing what I have paid a few days ago and still waiting for them to adjust with the correct amount.

challis

challissydney

very nice cruise 1st timer ruby princess

Trip Length6 days
Grandpa.Ears

Grandpa.Ears

Cost cutting taking its toll ...

Travelling PartyAdults and Seniors

Janasked

Princess Cruises Sun Princess

I have just cancelled our cruise to Tokyo to SanFrancisco on the Sun Princess due to the Corona Viris. Our consultant told me to contact you to receive an email saying that we cancelled because of the viris so that we can claim our deposit back. Have I contacted the right department?

SteveJ
SteveJ

You should be contacting Princess Cruises directly. This is Product Review, a reviewing website.

Jan

That's what I thought thank you

Barbara B.

Barbara B.asked

Princess Cruises

Can you drink your pre ordered beer anywhere on board? and not just in your stateroom?

Davo

I do not know for sure as I only have a few beers a cruise at the bar and don't pay much attention to where people are drinking but I don't see why you cant walk around the ship with a beer as there are bars located at various points around the ship. On Captains nights you see people everywhere with champagne glasses. The stateroom is probably the last place you would drink beer as the beer makes us more relaxed and talkative.

kayeasked

Princess Cruises

is it best to get visas for Vietnam and Cambodia before leaving Australia. I know they). state can get visas on board but information very confusing and keep getting told different things (i.e. visas only issued on board if you go on a Princess excursion if not have to get your own. how withover 2000 people do they handle this

Terri T.
Terri T.

Onboard was the simplest, cheapest and most convenient way. Even if you don't get off you still need them as you are in the countries water.

kaye

Thankyou for that, very helpful. K