5Pullman Advance 950 Lithium Backpack PL950

Pullman Advance 950 Lithium Backpack PL950 Questions & Answers

Rapid F.
Rapid F.

Hi There , have a problem with my pullman advance 950 lithium, which every time I use it it does only makes 3 minutes only and stop even battery is fully charged and wait again for a while maybe a minute then I start it again works for half a minute stop again. Battery still have 3 bar . What will i do , thank you

Warranty job

Pullman   DM

Hi, We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the battery.
This may be an issue with the charger, battery of machine PBC.
Please take the machine, batteries and charger into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for further inspection and assistance.

Leanne G.
Leanne G.

literally just added one of these to the cart for my cleaning business. So glad the reviews popped up. Definitely don't seem to be any where near worth the $$. I need something reliable and not one review states this. I'll stick to the cord for a bit longer I think

Rob
Rob

Mine new Pullman has flat batteries that don’t charge. Definitely not recommended. An expensive mistake.

Godfreys
Godfreys   DM

Hi Rob, We are sorry to hear of any issues you are experiencing with your batteries.
This machine does come with a 2-year warranty.
Please return the machine to your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, for warranty processing.
The Godfreys Team

Michael R.

Machine only starts when left battery in and you cannot use button for hi or low speed and to turn it off you have to take out left side battery

Pullman   DM

Hi Michael, We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with turning the machine on and off.
This is either a fault with the switch, connenctions or PCB.
Please take the machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for further inspection and resolution.

Michael R.

Here is my Synopsis, machine goes good but isn't well made because it breaks down more than any other vacuum cleaner and trying to get repairs is a long process.
Please do not buy Pullman battery backpack cleaners.

Pauline L.

I'd like to know a few things about the care and maintenance of the batteries:
Firstly, is it necessary to drain the batteries before charging to maintain battery life?
Secondly, do the batteries or charging unit have a cut off chip in them to prevent overcharging? I've heard that lithium batteries can explode or catch fire if overcharged.
Thirdly, if one battery in the unit turns green while the other is still red is this a concern, do I need to return the charging unit?

Pauline L.

Also, love this product! It's made cleaning in my business so much easier!!

Bianca

Not sure about the best way for fully draining the battery, it would depend on how many sets you have and how often you use the vacuum.
These should not overheat when charging as the unit only charges one battery at a time (supposedly to prevent overheating) and that why only 1 battery has the green light first as that one has finished charging, then it charges the second battery. Downside is it takes twice as long to charge both batteries. I was told it takes 1.5 hrs to charge - which is correct, however thats how long it takes to charge only 1 battery.

Bianca

I don't know if they have a chip to prevent overcharging once charged, I usually turn mine off at the wall once charged to prevent that.

Luke C.
Luke C.

Lithium batteries in do not need to be fully discharged, in fact they will last longer if you don't fully discharge them. these batteries have low voltage protection so they will automatically stop when there is no longer enough power to run the vacuum. In regards to one battery being red and one green it means the battery which is red is still charging. If this stays this way for more than 4 hours then there might be a problem with the battery pack.

Yes use till flat.
Charge till both green, should only be 5 minutes between them.
I cycle my packs, i have 10 sets all up. Going on 18 months old now for these second generation batteries and they would have bern cycled 200 times each and still last 40 minutes on low.

Michael R.

Had to send battery charger back. Still waiting for a replacement 4 weeks later, therefore I haven't been able to use the vacuum for this time.
It seems to me the machine is pretty good but the charger seems to be poor quality, something you would buy at a $2 shop.

Pullman   DM

Hi Michael, We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the battery.
Can you please advise of your repair number so that we can check the status for you?

All sorted now

Battery charger is not charging, 3 months old PL950CH

Pullman   DM

Hi Michael, We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with recharging your batteries.
This machine is covered by a 2 year warranty, please take the machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for warranty processing.
Please see the below link for assistance in locating your nearest store.
external link

bruce.gonsalves.16
bruce.gonsalves.16

All these battery problems has put me off Pullman FULLSTOP

Willie B.
Willie B.

Why does it always cut out?

Pullman   DM

Hi Willie, There are a few things that could cause the machine to cut out.
We would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, for further inspection and resolution.

Jamie N.
Jamie N.

Was going to buy this today. But lucky I saw these reviews. Are there any other reliable Pullman battery back packs available?

Matt
Matt

My suggestion would be to stick with dragging a lead around for the time being. The battery powered units are just not anywhere as good, plus they give you very limited cleaning time. It is certainly not suitable for commercial cleaning.

zantarob
zantarob

My Pullman Lithium 950 (from Godfreys) also stops working once Battery power drops to 3 bars.
Godfreys are no longer open during pandemic
How can I get warranty battery replacement please
Rob.

Pullman   DM

Hi Rob, We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
Once restrictions ease and the stores for Godfreys have reopened, the machine can be taken in for further inspection and repair or replacement under the warranty.

maureen
maureen

were can we take it to get fixed

Pullman   DM

Hi Maureen, For any repairs on this machine it can be taken into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in.

Sathyan B.
Sathyan B.

I had intentions to buy the PL950 like the idea of side insert battery after seeing the review looks like not suitable for commercial applications.
Bossclean strata maintenance

Craig H.
Craig H.

Hi i have pullman 950, & I have 2 sets of batteries (4) atm I am getting 10mins out of a set & machine stops batteries are showing 3 bars of power but wont run machine?

Jason B.
Jason B.

Ring the retailer, batteries will be replaced under warranty if still valid. But they will not have stock in Australia till April.

Pullman   DM

Hi Craig, We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your machine.
Please take this machine into your nearest Godfreys Store with your proof of purchase to be inspected by the staff and if need be, booked in with our repair team to inspect and test further.
Please see the link below to assist on locating your nearest Godfreys Store:
external link
Good luck! Feel free to call 1800 815 270 for more assistance.
The Pullman Team

Get an answer from our members and Godfreys representatives