Purr Cat Food

Purr Cat Food

See the Best Cat Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Purr Cat Food? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Tried the raw food… didn’t end very well

Purchased at Coles.

sjb
sjbAdelaide

Gave Cat GI Issues

I was buying the 3 pack purr cat food cans for a period of three months. Cat had diarrhoea and blood in stools until I clicked and stopped buying it. Problem resolved as soon as I stopped feeding her this.

Purchased in April 2021 at Coles for $3.00.

Other Cat Foods

if the flies won't touch it, don't give it to your cats

Three cats in the house who will usually eat what they are given, walked away from their plates and didn't eat any of it. One cat went outside so their plate was put outside for them to eat. The cat didn't eat it and the flies didn't touch it over a period of 12 hours and the food was thrown out. The list of ingredients is illegible unless magnified.

Purchased in September 2021 for $8.00.

R. Astby
R. AstbySOUTH BRISBANE

Warning! Ingredients Garlic! cats will get Heinz Body Anaemia. A death sentence.

L.F
L.FSouth East Queensland, QLD

My cats will NOT eat these bikkies!

Purr Tuna & Ocean Fish dry cat food.
When Coles had sold out of the brand of cat bikkies that we usually buy, we thought we'd give these a go. There were heaps missing from the shelf so we thought they must've been popular. My 3 cats, who have all eaten all of the bikkies we've ever bought, were super excited to hear the bag open. They all ran over and smelt the bikkies, looked at each other, and walked away. Not a single one was interested. Is there something wrong with these bikkies for my cats to rather be hungry than to eat these?

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles for $6.50.

Pet's Life StageAdult
Greenroses
GreenrosesSydney, NSW

this is the worst cat food I've ever bought

My cats won't eat this dry food. They leave it in their bowl and prefer to go hungry. I tried giving it to some stray cats that live on my street. They wouldn't touch it, either. If a hungry stray cat won't eat free food, then you know there is a problem. I won't buy it ever again.

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles.

TiffanyM
TiffanyMPerth, WA

Made our cat and dog VERY sick!

Made our cat and dog VERY sick! My dog is a Labrador and will basically eat everything. We gave him the biscuits our cat wouldn’t eat, (we thought she was just being fussy) he had one mouthful and then he wouldn’t touch them. We threw the bag out, but it was too late they were both vomiting all day and night.

Purchased in July 2021.

Cherie K.
Cherie K.Perth, WA

Chicken and ocean fish dry food

I am posting aboutthe chicken and ocean fish dry food. My cats hate it. Onespit it out and she lovesdryfood. I will never buy again. My cats aren’t fussy either.

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles Online.

CandyFairy
CandyFairyDarling Downs, QLD

Poor Quality!!

Nothing good to say about this product at all.
The smell of cat food is bad in general, but this product takes it to a whole other level of bad! Also not overly impressed when opening several satchets for my cat only to find white coloured 'gravy' and absolutely NO MEAT at all! What a waste of money!!

Purchased at Coles.

Kaz
KazGold Coast

Has the recipe changed?

Was a great product all natural seafood in pouches and tins.
The latest purchase with all the changing packaging and scrimping of sizes consisted of jelly meat which my cats wont touch.
Has the recipe changed for good or has the changing packaging just confused the original product.

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles for $9.00.

Karinna L.
Karinna L.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Never again!

Will never buy again even in an emergency! I bought the kitten food sachets and they looked disgusting and are very watery. Be ok if I wanted to fern my kitten vomit looking soup!

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles for $10.00.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Dona M.
Dona M.South East Queensland, QLD

My kitten refused to eat!

He hated it, and I'm not surprised! Looked discussing, all weird white sauce with hardly any meat! After one pouch, the bin will love this! Very disappointed, never buy again

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles for $10.00.

Kazza
Kazza

Purr Cat food

This used to be a good product, I've have been buying it for years but slowly they have been changing things and now I will find another cat food. Firstly they reduced the portion, then put the price up, now it's a lot of sauce rather than meat or their new range which is mainly jelly, also sometimes I open a pouch and it smells really bad.....such a shame as I did like the original product

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles.

Lesley H.
Lesley H.Illawarra, NSW

Unhappy with purr

Today I opened pack all there was in there was sauce and the smell was really bad. I wasn't happy.The smell is hard to get rid of also.. not good

Purchased in May 2021 at Coles for $8.50.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
murrayd
murraydGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Purr Chicken & Ocean Fish 1kg Cat Biscuits

My cats refuse to eat this product and I do have some absolute biscuit lovers. My 6 cats were all once street cats so they are not fussy eaters. No matter how hungry they get, they just won't touch these biscuits. It makes me wonder if there was a contaminated batch. I've tried over several weeks to offer them up at times when my cats are at their hungriest - they are so excited to hear the bag open but then refuse to touch these biscuits.

Purchased in April 2021 at Coles for $6.00.

Leanne A.asked

I'm now wondering what exactly they put in this cat food. Looking for alternative now and I have bought this for 10 years.

Jacko
Jacko

The label description is different, the food looks different and my cat wouldn’t eat the new gravy food and I ended up throwing them out each day. I’ve now swapped to the Aldi seafood gravy varieties and the cat is eating it and I’m saving 30 cents per can. I should have done this years ago.

Leanne A.

Yes, I am sick of throwing cat food away. I will be trying Aldi this week.

connie
connie

same, my cat doesnt like it, leaves it half the time, the litter box reeks!!. looking for another brand.

Question E.
Question E.asked

Why compromise quality? The new product is disgusting. It actually stinks and is a watery mess! And why cheat us by reducing the quantity per sachet and the number of sachets? 11 in my box. Same price. The new Purr sachets make my cat ill and he actually hisses at the food. I threw it out for the magpies and they wouldn't touch it either. You might think you can fool us humans, but cats know! Bring back the old product or lose my custom too. I am disgusted with you, Coles! I thought you were above this sort of trickery. This is the kind of behaviour we see happening with products made in China. They start off well and slowly deteriorate until there is no quality and very little quantity ... but this product is not Chinese. Fix it, PLEASE.

Anna M
Anna Masked

Why has the sachet size decreased from 100g to 85g yet the price has remained the same??