Purr Cat Food

1.5

Lisa

Lisa

My Fussy Cats Love Purr!

I've read the reviews and cannot understand it. I have very fussy cats and Purr is the only wet food they will eat. Yes the ingredients separate but you need only mix together before emptying into bowl. Far better than the chemicals used in many cat foods to keep the food separated. The chicken varieties are completely balanced. My only complaint is that the seafood varieties are not completely balanced which is a shame as my kitties do prefer seafood. The product is also very well priced compared to most complete cat foods on the market. I don't understand the negative reviews at all.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

Claire

Claire

Purr Chicken Gourmet X12

Awful. Every packet held very pale contents, and smelled terrible. My two tabbies, who are not fussy, would not go near it. Waste of money and extremely disappointing. Never again. Not my idea, nor my cats, idea of gourmet!!

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for A$9.00.

Cat won’t even go near it

I’ve bought this product a few times but the last batch of chicken pouches I bought were mostly liquid. My cats not fussy but won’t go near it. Smells awful!

Ellie

EllieSouth East Queensland, QLD

my cats USE to love this but not anymore

My 4 cats loved Purr cat food pouches however I bought a box of 12 seafood sachets, and chicken sachets last week and one of the pouches contained rotten fish. And whatever was in the chicken pouches, is very suspect, none of the cats would touch either of them. The smell was revolting, and since then my cats refuse to eat it. Also the amount in each pouch was reduced but the price remained the same.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for A$8.50.

Purr cat food Fails

Pouch sizes went down in size by 15%, but they didn’t drop prices 15%! Recipe has changed as two cats now turn their noses up. Second week in a row...one box, two varieties??

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for A$8.50.

Stew

StewWestern Australia

Cats not keen

I thought it would be the same as the cans but my cats not keen she left for the dogs to eat, so not buying it again for her will only buy the cans.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles.

Allie Roy

Allie RoyHunter Region, NSW

New Purr Range an Epic Failure

Emily

EmilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely disappointing

I have a system for how I feed my cat. I divide the seafood selection pouches, 100g, in half, 50g serving into little plastic containers. This works well for my cat. Now I go on Coles website to order her more food and apparently you've reduced the pouch sizes and changed the recipe? I know I sound like a "Karen", but cats are picky eaters, and I really don't need to be dealing with having to find her a new food that she'll be willing to eat during this pandemic. What were you thinking??

Purchased at Coles Online.

jules

julesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not good

Don't like the change in size, cat liked to 100g. Now price gone up and also now cat doesn't like this new taste. Won't be buying again and about to take back 2 x boxes for a refund.

Stewart

StewartLaunceston, TAS

Purr now inedible

My cat loved the old chicken breast in gravy. Bought the new label tins this week from Coles. I noticed an offensive odour when I opened the tin. My cat sniffed it, flicked his tail in disgust and walked away. I thought I would disguise it and mixed it with some fresh beef mince, he then ate it but vomited it back up again. Won’t be buying again and I think Coles should stop selling it

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for A$1.00.

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

New purr cat food smaller and cats now won’t eat

New purr cat food is terrible sachet size smaller, but $ not. WORST of all both cats used to love it fish or chicken. NEW ONE cats smell it and WONT TOUCH IT. Why touch what wasn’t broken

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for A$8.50.

Cat won't touch the food

My cat used to love this food but now won't touch it at all. He would rather starve than touch this. O don't know what they've put in the food but I'd stay away. Coles wouldn't even accept a return so it'll just have to go into the bin. Not happy!

JackoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cat won’t eat new product

Not only has the labels changed but so has the content. My cat loved the gravy range but now will not eat the new range. Price has gone up to $1. So disappointed! Swapping to Aldi range, cheaper and cat loves it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles.

They made their packaging smaller and its now 85g!

Awful trickery. This company has made their packaging smaller and they have increased their prices. Used to be 100g for 90c, now its 85g for $1.00. Very bad and my cats are hungry.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1.00.

Patricia

Patricia

Loved it....now wont eat it...

My cat loved the "Purr" cans and I had bought them for a while. I had even recommended it to other cat owners. I noticed that "Coles" didn't have any for few weeks and this week they were back on the shelves but the can was slightly different. I bought a variety of those she likes best (with gravy) and as I gave her a can last night I could see that the colour of the "chicken breast" was different. I gave it to her and she did not like it. I havent opened the other flavours yet to see her reaction but plan to return them to Coles for a refund if necessary. They were 80c when I originally bought them, progressed to 90c and then $1.. Why has the product changed??

Aysha

AyshaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

New packaging, less grams, more $$

Have bought Purr for 10years, I’m very disappointed in new packaging. I buy the 12pk box, the sachets were 100g you have now changed it to 85g, and I worked out you lose 180g which is almost 2sachets. My cat has noticed and meows for more straight away

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for A$8.50.

Question E.

Question E.South East Queensland, QLD

New Purr Sachets by Coles are dismal.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$8.50.

Reduced the satchel size and reduced the quality of the ingredients

I noticed the change in packaging and the size reduction as I have 3 cats and now need to use more satchels but my review is more around the quality of the ingredients. Something is wrong - the quality is no longer the same. A lot more liquid and the smell is awful. The cats are turning up their noses. Will need to switch over. Shame as have been a loyal customer for years.

Sue

SueCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Purrfectly Ripped off

So you re branded great and kept it at $8.50 a box. No problem - BUT you reduced the pouches from 100g to 85g - very sneaky and underhanded. After 10 years buying the product you lost me because of the deception and also I used to like just fish selection pack and now its mixed as I am vegetarian but can go to fish for the cats.

Jared

JaredGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bought because of Value....now?

Always bought at $7.50 then it went up last year (okay fair enough) but now at $8.50 size dropped to 85g I only bought it because of the value and extra size...looking for new brand

Leanne A.asked

I'm now wondering what exactly they put in this cat food. Looking for alternative now and I have bought this for 10 years.

Jacko

The label description is different, the food looks different and my cat wouldn’t eat the new gravy food and I ended up throwing them out each day. I’ve now swapped to the Aldi seafood gravy varieties and the cat is eating it and I’m saving 30 cents per can. I should have done this years ago.

Leanne A.

Yes, I am sick of throwing cat food away. I will be trying Aldi this week.

connie
connie

same, my cat doesnt like it, leaves it half the time, the litter box reeks!!. looking for another brand.

Question E.

Question E.asked

Why compromise quality? The new product is disgusting. It actually stinks and is a watery mess! And why cheat us by reducing the quantity per sachet and the number of sachets? 11 in my box. Same price. The new Purr sachets make my cat ill and he actually hisses at the food. I threw it out for the magpies and they wouldn't touch it either. You might think you can fool us humans, but cats know! Bring back the old product or lose my custom too. I am disgusted with you, Coles! I thought you were above this sort of trickery. This is the kind of behaviour we see happening with products made in China. They start off well and slowly deteriorate until there is no quality and very little quantity ... but this product is not Chinese. Fix it, PLEASE.

Anna M

Anna Masked

Why has the sachet size decreased from 100g to 85g yet the price has remained the same??