Qantas Domestic

Qantas Domestic

Friendly and comfortable service, Good food and free Wi-Fi on-board!

I chose to fly Qantas after landing into Sydney from Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific, I needed to transfer to my home town of Adelaide. Qantas provided a fantastic service from Sydney to Adelaide, the plane was on time and arrived in early to Adelaide. The cabin staff were extremely friendly and the breakfast was tasty and served just after take off. The plane also had Free Wi-Fi allowing to keep in contact with family and friends as well as read the morning news. Entertainment was provided via the same Wi-Fi that provides the free Internet, I was able to use my mobile device to view it's content. The seat was large and comfortable, not a lie flat however this was not a long haul flight that demanded that kind of comfort. All in all it was a very pleasant flight to Adelaide and I would most certainly choose Qantas when I fly next!

DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia

Am I being "precious"?

[Does Qantas ever respond to these reviews?]
On Monday 27 May we flew Business Class from Canberra to Perth, a reasonably long flight. We don't often fly in Business and look forward to it when we can afford it. On this occasion the trip was on Points.
First let me emphasise that the cabin crew were fabulous.
Our discontent arose from the fact that there was virtually no entertainment system and we had been looking forward to watching a good movie.
There were no screens on the back of the seats; no iPads handed out. Apparently we should have been aware that we had to bring our own devices [such as a smart phone] and to have downloaded the Qantas live screening app.
Yes, there was audio entertainment. There was even one of those tiny drop down screens a couple of rows ahead - showing an animated children's movie.
I then asked for a newspaper or magazine and was told that they weren't kept on board anymore. [My book was in my checked-in suitcase]
The crew were clearly embarrassed and this issue had come up many times before. I certainly did not blame then and told them not to bother, but they were unhappy not to be able to provide what is expected from a full service airline.
I did send feedback to Qantas on their website. They advised that they were sorry I had not been informed about the necessary app. [I don't think I could handle watching a movie on an iPhone 6 anyway] and offered us 3000 [and then 4000] points as a "gesture" [enough to fly one of us perhaps 1/5 of the way from Perth to Canberra]. They also looked forward to welcoming us back on board again.
I'm grateful that I didn't pay upwards of $2000 each for this flight.
Was I expecting too much?
Happy to hear opposing views.

Maybe it's just me

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Have people noticed that domestic flight cabin crew tend to be friendlier to White people compared to Asians or non-Whites? I noticed this in the way they greet and welcome people, and thank people at the end of the trip. They are very warm towards the White people but tend to ignore the Asians or nonwhites. Also, when serving refreshments. If you're nonwhite but sitting between White people, the White people get served first and the Asian or nonwhite always gets served last. Is it just me??? Anyone else???

Above and beyond

I arrived 5 minutes late, after check in closing time for my flight from Melbourne to Darwin. The check in staff at Qantas went out of their way to help. The check in lady had finished her shift but logged back on to quickly check me in and make sure I made my flight which was the only flight going to Darwin that day. She also rang baggage to make sure my bag would be loaded. A big thanks to the staff at Qantas

in flight food

I have been flying with Qantas since 1976. It is still my preferred carrier but the food this week was the worst I have ever experienced. On the way to Cairns it was a terrible pie and the return to Sydney was a burger and potato chips that were inedible.

DestinationCairns QLD, Australia

Poor recovery

Boarded a Brisbane to SYDNEY flight for 4 pm departure. Advised by pilot air conditioning wasn’t working so got put onto the 805pm.
Similar experiences have occurred to me the last 3 times I’ve flown with Qantas.
I’m over it

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Qantas and Jetstar the worse boarding crews in the business.

Deplorable service and lol Qantas staff have an attitude except when they strike for their salary benefits, besides the males and females crew staff attitude that I’ll never smile or ask then please for anything they are there to do their job in an ethical manner and not with an unfounded superior attitude with gender bias.

Flight cancelled

Our flight was cancelled and yes i understand these things happen but the new flight they gave us is 6+ hours later. We are given no reason why it has been cancelled. We have a 12 year old who was being taken care of by our in laws but they go away today so our son now will be home alone for 3+ hours. The only way to speak to anyone is either wait 30+ minutes or through sms. Then the best they could do is get us on a flight 1/2 hour earlier which does not solve anything for us. Not happy Jan!!

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
ClassEconomy

SMS customer service... biggest worst joke ever

Trying to modify a departure time on a flight. I am hitting a snag doing that online. Called 131313 and heard my wait time would be 40+ minutes.. Terrible. Then I'm offered sms customer service for 'fast and efficient assistance'
I don't think so.
The consultant is taking 5+ mins to respond to any of my messages and on top of that is not helpful at all. I would rate this level of customer understanding, assistance and consideration as a 0/10

This customer service product is infuriating.

Qantas has finally lowered its quality to that of Air Asia.

Up until now the worst flight I've ever taken was with Air Asia. Cramped no leg room absolutely no arm room dont drop anything unless you are an infant because you wont fit in the leg room area to retrieve it. Well I just flew from Sydneyto Cairnes on the most cramped plane ever and unfortunately it was Qantas. They must have added an extra 60 seats because it was an unbearable 3 hours of cramped torture. Next time I'll save money and fly one of the cheaper airlines that you have come to expect this type of seating on. Shame Qantas you are no longer a premium service, just another bums on seats airline.

DestinationCairns QLD, Australia

Qantas, lift your game

Recently flew Alice Springs to Sydney. Food was rubbish. The choice was of 3 party pies of different flavours or a slice of pizza which had a 2" base and hardly any topping. My first choice from now on will be Virgin which will probably be cheaper than Qantas. Also much more legroom on Virgin

BookingThird Party

Service levels not where they used to be

Have been flying with Qantas for 8 years but will be giving Virgin ago now due to what I see as a gradual drop in service to prop up share price.

Flexi fares are fraud in my opinion, you pay a premium and then can’t change because a flexi fare is not a available on the flight you want to change to. In other words you need to write down all the times of the fares than can be booked flexible before you leave. Who does this, just a fraud to make people pay more for something that doesn’t work.

Also in flight food is trash. I know it’s free but the quality and choice is bad. I may as well travel jet star as I never eat it.

The thing with Qantas is they lock you in with points which makes you keep booking in vane that you can use to upgrade at some point. Good luck with that as well because if you want a cheap fare most can’t be upgraded.

I’ll be giving virgin a try at the end of my points year as I know you can get through the tiers faster for better rewards.

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Byzantine Rip Off Merchant

Qantas delayed flight QF2016 from Sydney to Toowoomba by 5 hours. I had several meetings lined up that I had to cancel. It had stormed in Sydney the night before at 7pm daylight savings time so assuming that was there excuse. But perfect blue skies weather today so really not an excuse. Flights into & out of Toowoomba are very expensive so it’s totally inappropriate to delay a flight by 5 hours. They placed me on hold for 30 mins then when I finally got to speak with someone they had me enter my Frequent Flyer number & pin & their system then cut me off so I just gave up. Useless overpriced airline. I used to fly Jetstar which is owned by Qantas because of their 80% strike rate of cancellations. Their CEO & management team needs to be replaced. They are just ripping people off, have total disregard for their passengers & care only for their bonuses when reporting profits to shareholders. They could have standby planes and crew for events like this but no, their salary bonuses are more important than their passengers lives. I honestly feel so stressed today I had suicidal thoughts. I already had an incredibly stressful day lined up without having this on top of it. I have decided to relocate back to Queensland so I will never have to take a plane again in my life. Trains and buses are 200% more reliable than planes in Australia so if you are overseas & reading this, Australia’s weak government has allowed profiteers like Qantas to ride roughshod over passengers. Hire a car & drive or get a train or bus. The constant plane cancellations & delays for no good reason other than defunct management & profiteering executives is cause for a Royal Commission. When will it happen? A country without a reliable means of carrying people around its country is just grinding the economic machine to a halt. Again, catch a train or bus interstate or hire a car.

DestinationToowoomba City QLD, Australia

No fuss short turnaround flight Sydney to Perth - Exceeded my Expectations

Booked through Webjet. Qantas 737-800 Economy. Used the superb Qantas app to check-in online and received up to the minute notifications regarding the flight status(recommended). Just over a 4 hour flight from Sydney to Perth. From reading reviews of this plane, I had visions of a very uncomfortable and even potentially onerous flight. I suppose I was fortunate that on the flight to Perth and on my return to Sydney, I shared the three seat configuration with only one other. Even so, for a domestic flight I found the trip pretty uneventful and not nearly as uncomfortable or onerous as anticipated. The seats were reasonably comfortable for economy class(male 6ft), the entertainment options fairly good and the food more than acceptable.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia
BookingThird Party

Left waiting with no advice or compensation

Qantas, disgusted still at your complete lack of accountability, transparency and compensation for our cancelled flight, cancelled due to lack of staff after a weather delay (whilst other flights continued to depart). Left stranded at Sydney airport until 11.45pm at the gate with no advice until the pilots walked off the flight. Almost didn't get a hotel, pushed our flights back 2 days, cost us over $500 in extra travel expenses for extra accommodation, transport, changes to our car hire, etc and then we also missed out on a further $200 of prebooked accommodation. After all that, an offer from you to cover $200 of our unplanned hotel stay in sydney that doesn't even cover the room. Case 02483180 . Pathetic service. Don't blame the weather for your lack of ability to coordinate staff and advise customers (and your own pilots) of what's going on. Alan Joyce, rot in hell - support your staff, customers and maybe we'd stand a chance of a decent australian customer experience. Hope your shareholders are hurting and vote you out.

baggage limits

despite 23kg allowance - only one bag allowed - how is this fair to the baggage handlers, having to lift approx 250- 300 bags of this weight each flight?
Qantas certainly do not think of their staff when allowing Huge and Heavy bags into the hold... would be interesting to see the stats on injuries, time adjustments for flights, costs involved - passed onto the consumer...

DestinationBrisbane City QLD, Australia

Qantas Cheats

We are long time Qantas customers who don't fly much now due to old age and health concerns. We had to change or cancel three domestic flights recently due to a travelling friend's ill health. We applied for credit vouchers and knew there would be a change fee of $99. However, you have to redeem your credit voucher through Manage Your Booking website. When you do this you are offered flights that are at least one fifth higher than those offered on the normal booking website. The flights wanted were of equal or higher value to the original flights. Qantas have you over a barrel.

DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

The worst company I have EVER flown!!!

Dont fly with qantas!!!!! Horrible customer service!!!!!!
Must share my last experience with qantas.
Booked an evening flight (time 19:55h - qf1795) for my mother-in-law from townsville to Brisbane on the 26th of February once she had an international flight departing very early in the morning on the next day!
A day before, we got a message saying that the flight was cancelled and we should fly with jet star on the same time, but believe it or not with no right to check-in any extra luggage (which was the main reason I paid 260 dollars on the chosen flight before.)
I spent 4h trying to call the customer service with no answer whatsoever!!! After a long time trying, finally someone answered the phone and confirmed that the qantas flight was indeed canceled and so was the jet star one! And if I wanted, they only could allocate her on an early flight at 12:50pm!!!
This is a joke, its ridiculous how they wanted to steal my money by transferring me to a flight with no luggage once I had already paid for one, plus I had to spend more money on a hotel, once she had to stay an extra day in Brisbane because of this!!!!
Now, how dare you do this to your loyal customers???? I used to fly a lot with qantas, specially on international flights but now I am definitely canceling my frequent flyer membership and never ever buying any tickets from you again!!!!
Thieves!!!

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Customers are inconvenient

As a Silver for Life Qantas Frequent Flyer I must admit that I am utterly gob smacked as to the utter lack of interest of trying to spend a couple of minutes to try and assist a customer.
Earlier this month at the Qantas Club in Adelaide where my wife and I wanted to catch an earlier flight from Adelaide to Melbourne (as we were at the airport four hours before the flight). We proactively offered to downgrade from Business to Economy to catch an earlier flight. After pro-actively offerring to downgrade at the lounge in Adelaide I was presented with "No" and absolutely no attempt to try and find a solution. The gentlemen behind the counter (one of three who were present), and no one else besides my wife and I at the counter, was only interested in continuing their engaged conversation amongst the three staff. I was effectively told that it was too much work.
As a shareholder in Qantas this situation has resulted in lost revenue (they could have sold our business class seats) and an irritated long term customer.
If I compared this to their competitors it is another world when it comes to where customers fit on their agenda. It is also very clear externally that Qantas are prioritizing their high value customers (which I get) however that is predicated on the assumption that the high value customers remain constant and that there are no changes; read, great short term strategy, horrible long term brand strategy.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Reliable, only 1 delay in 18 flights

Easy to book, reliable, excellent customer service. Fare includes baggage, seat and food no extras to pay.
Good app, wifi on loads of flights
(I used Jetstar 4 times 2 cancelled flights 2 delayed ! )
Lounge is ok but always very very busy

DestinationPerth WA, Australia