Qantas Premier Platinum

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Contact Number 1300 992 700
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance, Reduced First Year Annual Fee and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Minimum Income $35,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $50 p.a.
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1.5 Qantas Points per whole AU$1 equivalent on International spend
  • 1 Qantas Point per whole AU$1 on Domestic spend (up to and including AU$10,000 per statement period)
  • 0.5 Qantas Points per whole AU$1 Domestic spend (over AU$10,000 per statement period)
  • 1 additional Qantas Point per whole AU$1 on Qantas spend

There’s no cap to the number of Qantas Points you can earn - at home or overseas.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Annual Fee$149 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Receive up to 120,000 Qantas Points (20,000 points each month when you spend $1,500 each month for the first 6 months)
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $199.00

Worse than a joke

Applied three months ago. Telephoned every Friday for two months. Told someone would call me back that afternoon. No one ever called. When I tried to cancel my application what a problem. I am a millionaire and they have all my rental bank statements which is why I assume they could not understand them so just kept putting me to the bottom of the pile. Maybe employ people who know what they are doing.

Great Credit Card

Application was very easy from the beginning. Good bonus points on offer. I had only 1 issue where I was promised bonus points for submitting all relevant income statements extra. But was never awarded. But overall there are lot of card offers and I'm happy with the mobile app.

Card Start DateFebruary 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Beware >warning!!! >>>>>do Not Use...its A Nightmare For Rewards Points.

Deceptive offering, no rewards on any semi council or council or government, e.g like rates, etc.
NO rewards from credit card charging through BPAY.
3% charges on OS spend.
Dont bother try something else.

Application Process

Worst application customer service ever experienced

Application took a month to process and I had to follow up each time. Was promised a call back from a manager that never occurred. Case escalated to complaint with dedicated ‘case manager’ who also never called or answered on direct line.

Points

Had this Credit card for a few months now, collecting lots of points for flights, great phone app provided by the credit card company to keep tab on balance etc

Card Start DateApril 2019

Good rewards. Pretty rubbish website

I got this card in May 2019. It has a great sign up bonus and excellent ongoing earning rate. I am unlikely to keep it after the first year though as I can't justify the annual fee. The website is pretty rubbish too. You can't send secure messages via the website. You can't even see the status of the direct debit (let alone maintain one or set one up).

Card Start DateMay 2019
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Great bonus points offer on a half price annual fee

I like how its integrated with you QQ FF number. Great way to build up additional points too. The bonus points offer is a good one too. 70K if you spend $3K within 3 months. Easily done.

Card Start DateApril 2019

Good Bonus and perks

Signed up for this card for the bonus 70,000 points. The annual fee of $149 made the card less worth but the St. George card was the only close competitor and was significantly harder to be approved for. The Qantas card has a relatively low point yield but the online account and customer service is good. Redeeming points is easy as it is linked to the QFF store.

Card Start DateJanuary 2019
Main Point of ContactOnline

I have no issues with this card

I have used this card for about 18 months. It attracted me because it offered good Qantas points ie. 1 point for every eligible dollar spent. It also offered 60,000 bonus points to sign on. Joining was relatively easy although they did a thorough search on my credit history....not unexpected. I did pay the initial annual fee but after 12 months I asked them to absorb the annual fee based on the amount I had spent on the card. They agreed as the credit card business is very competitive. I always pay my card balance on time so I should be considered a good customer.

Card Start DateNovember 2017
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Quite liked it. But not sure how long I will have it for

A great card to have for accumulate frequent flyer Qantas. it's $1 for 1 point.
offered 70k bonus points. But the fees are high $299 (at the moment).
As in everyday usage, no problems.

Concerns with customer service

Some good, bad and downright ugly feedback.
The good - the first 12 months went well, no problems. The fees are quite high when compared with other cards but I was prepared to pay them in return for good security monitoring and customer service. Unfortunately I experienced a fraud situation but it was picked up very quickly and a replacement card supplied within 2 days. Good stuff, I thought I was in good hands.
The bad: That's where the good news ends. I could not activate the new card, it is not visible in my account, therefore I cannot view transactions, change pin, or be alerted to any fraudulent transactions. This seems to me to be a simple linkage issue.
The downright ugly; the worst customer service experienced for the last month since I have tried to resolve this issue. I have to question the level of training and commitment of staff in what appears to be an overseas call centre. Calls get cut off, promises are made about callbacks which never happen, issue gets referred to IT (why?), and so on it goes. Difficult to contact anyone to make a complaint but I will be seeking a refund on annual fees for services not rendered.
Takeaway message: Lot of money to pay for dodgy service, maybe look elsewhere for better value.

Card Start DateFebruary 2018

Where is my money?

I closed this card down within 12 months due the limited features and performance. On 31st October 2018, I was issued with a $2000 credit from airBnB for cancellations. As is policy the credit was reversed back to the now closed Qantas Premier Platinum MasterCard.

I called customer service, provided the transaction number and after a considerable hold, was advised to call back after a few more days as the credits had not yet hit the account. I left it 10 days to call back and was advised the funds were now visible and a cheque had been posted to what was now an old address. I had not been given the opportunity to update the address because my account had been closed.

The operator advised they would therefore cancel the cheques and process a direct transfer to my bank account. I was also told I would be updated when this had been completed. Needless to say this has not happened, nor have any cheques been posted out to the now updated address.

Almost a month since the credits were issued and despite Qantas money confirming the funds were there, I still cannot get my $2000 back.