Remington Rapid Cut HC4250

Remington Rapid Cut HC4250

MPNs: HC4250-AT and REM-HC4250AU
See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Remington

Pros

• Ergonomic and easy to use

• Quick, efficient clipping

• Cuts hair evenly

Cons

• Short battery life

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (8)
  • Caused Razor BurnYes (0) · No (9)
  • Shave Closeness
  • Battery Life
  • Wet Shave
  • Dry Shave
DennisC
DennisC

Works well but combs are rubbish

This product works nicely but the combs don’t last. I thought I was seeing things when the little knobs at the end of the shortest comb started falling off, leading to the comb digging in. I rang Remington and they sent me another. Six months later the same thing is happening to the replacement comb. This is just with weekly use and it detracts from what is an otherwise good product. Very disappointing.

Footnote: I have now been told by a representative that the combs are regarded as a ‘consumable’. Replacement cost posted $12.50! Joke, right?

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $69.00.

Peter L.
Peter L.Sydney, NSW

Battery is hopeless

Works well easy to use but 12 months use the battery won't last 1 hair cut, I need to use the power cord. It's the second one I've bought as I thought the first was a dud, nope battery's a joke.

Purchased in January 2019.

I can see why it's called a short/rapid cut. That must reflect the battery longevity.

From a full charge at 5 hours the Short Cut (US) now has a runtime of less than 5 minutes. Verified device was fully charged and clean. Timed performance from full charge with no load. Let razor run until it stopped. Supplied battery must be the cheapest factory second the manufacturer could find.

Usage was roughly 5x a year for 3 years. It's unfortunate because the design and function were very good while it lasted. I'll probably attempt a battery replacement with a superior battery and get another brand device as a backup.

Same brand electric shaver had even a shorter battery life. Less than 2 years. Tossed it for a Norelco.

Purchased for $50.00.

Men's Electric Shavers

Find out how Remington Rapid Cut HC4250 compares to other Men's Electric Shavers

Easy, quick and as good as a paid haircut.

Bought one today, gave it a whirl and very happy. Easy to use, don't think you can go too wrong. Got extra warranty for battery through TheGoodGuys just in case.

Purchased in January 2021 for $99.00.

kirbritSydney, NSW

Battery is rubbish

Doesn't take long for the battery to die completely. Considering it's supposed to be cordless. Waste of time and money for a very expensive product like this . Don't bother getting one

Purchased in February 2020 for $99.00.

luke b.
luke b.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Battery Issues!

I have been using this for about 18 months and now the battery has stopped working and will not hold charge. As others have said, it is great whilst it works! Will not purchase another Remington product due to this. Avoid buying.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $99.00.

Brendan N.
Brendan N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the clippers but battery has failed so 1 star because apparently unable to replace it

I’ve loved these clippers for the past year or two but now the battery has failed (while cutting our little boy’s hair during Covid19 lockdown!) and won’t even work while plugged in, which makes no sense to me. I’ve read that it’s close to impossible to replace the battery yourself (which is unforgivable for any manufacturer) so it means my clippers are dead. I will never buy Remington again because of this. very disappointed.

Purchased at Shaver Shop Physical store.

MattH
MattHGold Coast

Does what I need

Great product to replace my Wahl clippers. I only use it once every two weeks, essentially as balding clippers without any guard attachment. It gets the job done much quicker than the Wahl, due to the large, curved cutting area. Cutting power and battery life is sufficient for me, but I am not using the clippers often or with long, or thick hair.
Love that fact that it is cordless

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $63.00.

ClaysaO
ClaysaOGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Won’t hold charge

This could have been the best shaver I ever owned. The thing cuts flawlessly when it’s working! However, the battery is complete rubbish and for me I cannot buy a third one after two duds. My second dud will only run at full speed with the metal blade housing removed.

Really disappointed because as I said this was a fantastic shaver when it worked.

Purchased in December 2018 for $79.00.

Stuart
StuartPerth, WA

Very poor battery

As a hair clipper I like it. However it has only light use and the battery is no longer holding a charge, the only way it can be used is with the cord. To replace the battery is almost mission impossible, the whole unit has to be disassembled. If Remington put in such a poor battery at least it should be user replaceable...but no. I see from other reviews that the battery is a common problem. It is a breach of trust for Remington to sell a cordless product that does not last, and the battery is not economically replaceable.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $99.00.

Performance
Battery Life
elv
elv

Save time and money for going to the barbers.

bought it from shavershop. was looking at the VS crewcut and thought it would only work on perfect round head otherwise it will leave patches. bought the remington and had my first haircut in the shower. vola! looks like a professional cut in the mirror. So easy!

oh don't forget to buy one of the clipper spray and apply everytime after the shave.

JaneW
JaneWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great clipper but massive cost for spares

Jadesea
JadeseaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This little beast is near perfect

For a fully portable hair clipper, this little Remington Rapid Cut is a ripper. It's super fast, clean, efficient and it's a reasonable priced item in comparison. Did my aged father's hair on a six and adjusted lower for sideburns and back of the neck. So easy to use... would definitely recommend this unit, no qualms.

Greg S
Greg SAdelaide

The best by far

I have had this shaver for 18m now and it hasn't missed a beat. I shave my head and it has cut down shave time from 15 min on my old shaver to now 5 mins. Still plenty of charge after all this time. I use it once or twice a week. When the battery packs it in I won't hesitate to buy another. I hope Remington keep making it, I would buy a second now just in case they delete the line but for the fact the battery won't last.

headabovewater
headabovewaterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pretty bloody great

I'm balding. I used a wired Wahl professional set of clippers forany years for a #2 all over. It did alright but never that consistent and the cable was in the way.

This thing is gold! Cuts evenly and close to the head, it's quick and waterproof. I use it in the shower now so no cleanup when doing regular cleanups. It's not that good for beards, but then again that's not what I bought it for. I use it weekly.

Really happy with it. Highly recommend if you just do an all over short cut.

Read more reviews - page 2

Geoff R.asked

Assuming one has appropriate technical ability and the right tools,
is it possible for the user to obtain new batteries, and remove/replace
defunct ones for the Remington Rapid Cut? Or will Remington replace
old batteries through their after sales services?

kirbrit

Remington don't want to know you for repairs as this is a sealed unit. I did get a replacement so both cutters make one good one. Next step if necessary will be to open it up, and assuming it's a 12v feed, just hook up an old 240-12v transformer to do the job instead of relying on the batteries.

mitnocab
mitnocabasked

how to replace batteties

Haven't tried

Greg
Gregasked

Is the latest version Remington Rapid Cut Turbo hair trimmer waterproof ie is it able to be used under the shower

Geoff R.

I'd be guessing it's more than likely it would be described as water
"resistant" rather than waterproof. It cab be run under the tap for
cleaning, but I wouldn't feel safe immersing it completely under water.
Under the shower should be okay.

See all Remington Rapid Cut HC4250 questions

Get an answer from our members and Remington representatives

Features:

• The Remington Rapid Cut HC4250 is a haircut kit with 9 different length settings, letting you achieve the exact kind of cut you want.
  • The clipper’s curved blade lets you easily follow the contours of your head, letting you achieve a precise cut. Paired with an ergonomic design, this feature makes self-haircuts a breeze.
  • Being 100% waterproof makes these clippers simple to use on wet hair or even in the shower.
  • It has a lithium battery, allowing for 40 minutes of cordless use after a full charge, as well as a corded function that gives you enough power to finish what you started if the battery runs flat.
  • The blade is removable and there’s an integrated washout port, making the haircut kit easy to rinse and maintain.
  • Stainless steel blades help you easily cut through even the thickest hair.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the haircut kit was ergonomic and easy to use, with some also noting that trimming the hairs on the back of their head was simple and didn’t require a reverse mirror to do.
  • They also found that the clippers got the job done quickly, partly thanks to the large, curved cutting area.
  • According to reviewers, the cutting power of the clippers is excellent, and the kit cuts hair evenly.

A point of pain:

• Among negative reviews, most were about the battery life of the clippers. There were quite a number of reviewers who found that the battery couldn’t hold a charge after a few months of use, with a few even saying that it wouldn’t last a single haircut and subsequently needed to be used with a cord.
CategoryMen's Electric Shavers