MPN: REM-HC4250AU

Save time and money for going to the barbers.

bought it from shavershop. was looking at the VS crewcut and thought it would only work on perfect round head otherwise it will leave patches. bought the remington and had my first haircut in the shower. vola! looks like a professional cut in the mirror. So easy!

oh don't forget to buy one of the clipper spray and apply everytime after the shave.

Great clipper but massive cost for spares

I bought this January 2018 and use it once a week on the husband's hair. So maybe 40 or so uses in all so far since new. The clipper performance is brilliant but a month ago, when I took it out of the drawer to assemble, a front gripper corner on the detachable plastic comb he prefers just fell off. No accidental dropping, or any other type of damage on our part - it just fell off.
I followed through the Spares procedure and discovered that I had to pay $5.00 AUD for one single replacement comb PLUS $7.50 AUD for shipping. You can't buy spares in store. That's $12.50 AUD for a piece of plastic costing 10 cents at most!
I paid approximately $80 (at Shaver Shop) for the complete product. Not such a bargain if the running costs are $12.50 every 10 months.
If these combs are so fragile then supply 3 or 4 or 5 for the $5 fee to make the shipping overhead more reasonable.
And to add insult to injury, the spares service only sent one comb, not the 2 I ordered and paid for. They are rectifying without dispute, but still, not clever Remington.

This little beast is near perfect

For a fully portable hair clipper, this little Remington Rapid Cut is a ripper. It's super fast, clean, efficient and it's a reasonable priced item in comparison. Did my aged father's hair on a six and adjusted lower for sideburns and back of the neck. So easy to use... would definitely recommend this unit, no qualms.

The best by far

I have had this shaver for 18m now and it hasn't missed a beat. I shave my head and it has cut down shave time from 15 min on my old shaver to now 5 mins. Still plenty of charge after all this time. I use it once or twice a week. When the battery packs it in I won't hesitate to buy another. I hope Remington keep making it, I would buy a second now just in case they delete the line but for the fact the battery won't last.

Pretty bloody great

I'm balding. I used a wired Wahl professional set of clippers forany years for a #2 all over. It did alright but never that consistent and the cable was in the way.

This thing is gold! Cuts evenly and close to the head, it's quick and waterproof. I use it in the shower now so no cleanup when doing regular cleanups. It's not that good for beards, but then again that's not what I bought it for. I use it weekly.

Really happy with it. Highly recommend if you just do an all over short cut.

Great. While it lasts.

Received one as a gift when they first appeared and it looked, felt and worked great. Then a little over a year later it started to cut out every 3 to 5 seconds even after a full recharge, before finally stopping altogether. Thinking it was an anomaly I bought another one because I liked it so much when it worked but almost a year to the day it started failing too. After fully charging it works fine if used immediately but after a handful of days without use it loses it's charge completely. So I now have to charge it right before every use. Very inconvenient, inefficient and exactly what it's not designed to do. I've noticed similar complaints about not holding it's charge so it's obviously an inherent fault in it's construction and design. I'll keep it until it dies like the first one and then that's it for me as far as Remington products are concerned. I'll be looking elsewhere.

Hi Johnno, We are sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your Rapid Cut. If you call our help team on 1800 623 118 we are sure we will find the solution. We look forward to hearing from you. Regards Consumer Service Team

Fast ,easy super charge

I bought this more than a year ago . Still going great. The charger got short circuited and shaver shop replaced it with no Q asked . Pretty happy with this product . I mostly use this for body hairs , The pointy curved edges can give you small scratched but then again its made for head not for body . Still v satisfied with this product thanks

Great product

I have used my clippers for about 2 months now and used them every Friday to do my head and face except my goatee. Takes 50-60 seconds maximum. They are just brilliant!! They are so good we bought a set for the father in law for his birthday. He said they are the best gift he has ever got (absolutely loves them). In fact he is 73 and has arthritis and said that they are easier to hold than the conventional corded clippers he used to use. He threw the others out. Well done Remington.

So impressed with this product

Got one when they first came out , and have not had an issue with the works , but have had to replace the comb a couple of times as the tips break off, still going goof

doesn't last long

Bought this as a gift last year and after half a dozen haircuts it no longer works, won't hold a charge and for the price, I thought it would last a fair bit longer ( I paid $99) ... okay for convenience while it lasts I s'pose

Best hair clippers I've ever used, but

I've been mowing my own head for years (usually with a #3-3/8"-9mm comb) and have always found conventional clippers frustrating as they miss bits all over the place so you have to keep going over and over the same area multiple times from all different directions and hope that you get it all.

Not so with the HC4250AU, with the curved blade and comb attachments. It did a much better job in about 1/3rd of the time. It even did a pretty fair job of my beard - I just had to clean up the edges with my little beard trimmer.

I found it was very comfortable in my hand and it only took seconds to get used to the different feel of it. It's also fairly quiet.

I have only used it once so far, but I am very happy with it and I can't wait to use it again.

UPDATE, July 2018:
Like a few other people have mentioned, my battery will no longer hold a charge. I can still use it as long as I keep the power cord plugged in. As this doesn't seem like an isolated problem, I have down-rated it to two stars.
I shall now attempt to claim warranty. Good luck to me. :(

UPDATE: October 2018:
I finally managed to get my refund from the eBay seller. To replace it, I went to a B&M store - Harvey Norman. So far it's going well and no sign of the battery failing. With that in mind, I have put my rating back up to 4 stars. If it wasn't for the battery issue, it would've got 5 stars from me.

Best thing I’ve ever purchased

I bought this clipper after reading a lot of positive reviews here. Although I was bit skeptical as some reviewers mentioned that 15mm attachment was not really 15mm. But when it went on sale at Priceline I bought it and I couldn’t be more happier.
I have been using this for about 6 months and have had 5 haircuts so far. I was most impressed about how evenly it cuts the hair. The ergonomic design makes it very easy to hold and allows to easily cut hair on back your head. Also since I started using this I KINDA LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING HAIRCUT as it cuts hair effortlessly and in less time.
As for the battery, I was also impressed by how long it held the charge. Although each haircut only took me around 15 mins, the battery life is pretty good as I got about three haircuts on a single charge. Also if you do run out of battery there’s always plug and play - operates when plugged to the power outlet.
The box contains the unit, small brush and attachments, a small bottle of oil, and a nice pouch for storage.
I have no complaints whatsoever and I will definitely buy another if something goes wrong with this, as I believe I have already recovered its cost by saving on going to barber!

not a good start

After buying this product we were disappointed to find that they would not cut properly right away and that the blades had to be realigned first. After realigning the blades the product worked reasonably well.

Bad, Unbelievably Bad

Purchased December, 2017 at Harvey Norman for $ 69.00

Followed the instructions exactly.
Pros
1. Great design concept
2. When it does cut it cuts really well.

1. On full charge (twice), runtime about 4 minutes.
2. Will not hold a charge in 'Standby'
3. The motor is severely underpowered.

Apparently based on a few other reviews this is not an isolated case. I think Remington missed a great opportunity by taking a brilliant design concept, building a sturdy quality shell and filling it with the lowest grade materials from the very worst suppliers in China.

Remington, Be ashamed, be very ashamed.

One of the best product in market

I found this product to be very good for personal use. There are plenty of different sizes included as part of this purchase. It makes hair cutting so easy. Loved it.

Great to use

Been wanting to get one of these since they came out, couple weeks ago i saw the vs sassoon cordless crew cut clippers, needless to say it didnt last a week before i cracked it and swapped for one of these... so easy to use and it works great - the curved blade makes it easy to get around the ears and make it all nice and even. Being cordless you can do it all in the shower with ease and not worry about hair all over the floor. Comes with heaps different sized combs too. Only thing im not happy with is that i put off getting one for so long!

The best gadget I have ever purchased

I purchased this six months ago and am very pleased with it.Previously I have had to go to a Barber and I always begrudged paying to come out with less than I went in with,or My Wife cut my hair with Clippers. Now I can do it myself in a few minites. Easy to use and clean although may be better for those with not so much hair like me who just needs a no 2 all over. It can be used in the shower but be careful if you have a partner and she spots hair in the drain! Overall 5 out of 5.

Remington Rapid Cut HC4250AU

Have been using this for a while. Best thing to use for crew cut. So simple to use. Doesn't miss any hair you attack.
If there was a gripe it would be asking that they make to outa casing with rubber for hand gripping. It becomes an awkward to hold when moving around your scalp.

Brilliant for a number 0 cut

I've used mini battery trimmers and big heavy clippers and this is the best!

I do a number 0, no guard cut every morning and this is so much more comfortable. The curved blade doesn't always touch your head along the whole width, but is much more comfortable. The short, palm like design is really nice. Easier to shave the back and front of your head. The best bit is that it can run straight off the cord if you forget to charge it.

Very happy with it.

Does the job very well!

Very easy to use and feels nice in your hand. The wide design and curve of the blade works really well, cordless design feels great for DIY, can swap clip on combs for a blended cut.

Saves a trip to the barber every 2 weeks if you like to keep your hair short and sharp! Cheers. Paul