Remington Rapid Cut HC4250AU

Remington Rapid Cut HC4250AU

MPN: REM-HC4250AU

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (6)
  • Caused Razor BurnYes (0) · No (6)
  • Shave Closeness
  • Battery Life
  • Wet Shave
  • Dry Shave

Easy, quick and as good as a paid haircut.

Bought one today, gave it a whirl and very happy. Easy to use, don't think you can go too wrong. Got extra warranty for battery through TheGoodGuys just in case.

Purchased in January 2021 for $99.00.

kirbritSydney, NSW

Battery is rubbish

Doesn't take long for the battery to die completely. Considering it's supposed to be cordless. Waste of time and money for a very expensive product like this . Don't bother getting one

Purchased in February 2020 for $99.00.

Shave Closeness
luke b.

luke b.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Battery Issues!

I have been using this for about 18 months and now the battery has stopped working and will not hold charge. As others have said, it is great whilst it works! Will not purchase another Remington product due to this. Avoid buying.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $99.00.

Men's Electric Shavers

Find out how Remington Rapid Cut HC4250AU compares to other Men's Electric Shavers

Brendan N.

Brendan N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the clippers but battery has failed so 1 star because apparently unable to replace it

I’ve loved these clippers for the past year or two but now the battery has failed (while cutting our little boy’s hair during Covid19 lockdown!) and won’t even work while plugged in, which makes no sense to me. I’ve read that it’s close to impossible to replace the battery yourself (which is unforgivable for any manufacturer) so it means my clippers are dead. I will never buy Remington again because of this. very disappointed.

Purchased at Shaver Shop Physical store.

MattH

MattHGold Coast

Does what I need

Great product to replace my Wahl clippers. I only use it once every two weeks, essentially as balding clippers without any guard attachment. It gets the job done much quicker than the Wahl, due to the large, curved cutting area. Cutting power and battery life is sufficient for me, but I am not using the clippers often or with long, or thick hair.
Love that fact that it is cordless

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $63.00.

ClaysaO

ClaysaOGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Won’t hold charge

This could have been the best shaver I ever owned. The thing cuts flawlessly when it’s working! However, the battery is complete rubbish and for me I cannot buy a third one after two duds. My second dud will only run at full speed with the metal blade housing removed.

Really disappointed because as I said this was a fantastic shaver when it worked.

Purchased in December 2018 for $79.00.

Shave Closeness
Wet Shave
Stuart

StuartPerth, WA

Very poor battery

As a hair clipper I like it. However it has only light use and the battery is no longer holding a charge, the only way it can be used is with the cord. To replace the battery is almost mission impossible, the whole unit has to be disassembled. If Remington put in such a poor battery at least it should be user replaceable...but no. I see from other reviews that the battery is a common problem. It is a breach of trust for Remington to sell a cordless product that does not last, and the battery is not economically replaceable.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $99.00.

elv

elv

Save time and money for going to the barbers.

bought it from shavershop. was looking at the VS crewcut and thought it would only work on perfect round head otherwise it will leave patches. bought the remington and had my first haircut in the shower. vola! looks like a professional cut in the mirror. So easy!

oh don't forget to buy one of the clipper spray and apply everytime after the shave.

JaneW

JaneWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great clipper but massive cost for spares

Jadesea

JadeseaIluka

This little beast is near perfect

For a fully portable hair clipper, this little Remington Rapid Cut is a ripper. It's super fast, clean, efficient and it's a reasonable priced item in comparison. Did my aged father's hair on a six and adjusted lower for sideburns and back of the neck. So easy to use... would definitely recommend this unit, no qualms.

Greg S

Greg SAdelaide

The best by far

I have had this shaver for 18m now and it hasn't missed a beat. I shave my head and it has cut down shave time from 15 min on my old shaver to now 5 mins. Still plenty of charge after all this time. I use it once or twice a week. When the battery packs it in I won't hesitate to buy another. I hope Remington keep making it, I would buy a second now just in case they delete the line but for the fact the battery won't last.

headabovewater

headabovewaterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pretty bloody great

I'm balding. I used a wired Wahl professional set of clippers forany years for a #2 all over. It did alright but never that consistent and the cable was in the way.

This thing is gold! Cuts evenly and close to the head, it's quick and waterproof. I use it in the shower now so no cleanup when doing regular cleanups. It's not that good for beards, but then again that's not what I bought it for. I use it weekly.

Really happy with it. Highly recommend if you just do an all over short cut.

Johnno

JohnnoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great. While it lasts.

Remington
Spectrum BrandsRemington

Hi Johnno,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your Rapid Cut. If you call our help team on 1800 623 118 we are sure we will find the solution. We look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Consumer Service Team

SYED

SYEDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast ,easy super charge

I bought this more than a year ago . Still going great. The charger got short circuited and shaver shop replaced it with no Q asked . Pretty happy with this product . I mostly use this for body hairs , The pointy curved edges can give you small scratched but then again its made for head not for body . Still v satisfied with this product thanks

Great product

I have used my clippers for about 2 months now and used them every Friday to do my head and face except my goatee. Takes 50-60 seconds maximum. They are just brilliant!! They are so good we bought a set for the father in law for his birthday. He said they are the best gift he has ever got (absolutely loves them). In fact he is 73 and has arthritis and said that they are easier to hold than the conventional corded clippers he used to use. He threw the others out. Well done Remington.

Skinny

Skinny

So impressed with this product

Got one when they first came out , and have not had an issue with the works , but have had to replace the comb a couple of times as the tips break off, still going goof

Maggs

MaggsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

doesn't last long

Bought this as a gift last year and after half a dozen haircuts it no longer works, won't hold a charge and for the price, I thought it would last a fair bit longer ( I paid $99) ... okay for convenience while it lasts I s'pose

WazzaM

WazzaMPort Macquarie

Best hair clippers I've ever used, but

nikhild

nikhild

Best thing I’ve ever purchased

Frustrated

Frustratedmildura

not a good start

After buying this product we were disappointed to find that they would not cut properly right away and that the blades had to be realigned first. After realigning the blades the product worked reasonably well.