X74, X91
See the Best Wagons in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Renault? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
Dave7164
Dave7164Sydney

Huge improvement over previous model

Purchased in June 2015 for $10,200.00.

PerthDaveParker
PerthDaveParkerPerth

Worst car I’ve owned - Renault should be ashamed.

BodyHatch
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedOct 2017

NB01Sydney, Australia

V6 coupe at bargain basement pricees

I have a 2004 Privilege LX, bought in 2008 for $12k. Great to drive, every option available and beautiful to look at. $12k for a V6 couple - absolute bargain!! Pricey to service - 2 x $400 per year and resale will be rubbish but a great car if you like cars. I've got 2 kids now so unfortunately will have to buy something bigger and blander - depressing thought!
Stylish, all leather, 5 ANCAP (the first car ever to get 5 ancap stars apparently), beautiful to drive.
Expensive to fix. I've had to replace 4 ignition coils ($1400), 2 electric windows ($900 from Renault for the first then $400 when I worked out a local mechanic can do it cheaper). In 4 years not bad though as these are "known" Laguna faults.

TransmissionAuto

dazcimQLD, 4031

Bad

Graham
Graham

is the car front wheel drive or rear wheel? please

b33961
b33961

Good

BodySedan

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
novakor
novakorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bought this car from new and as yet have not had a problem with it. Veryb easy and smooth to drive and just fantastic on those long distance trips. It has plenty of room and the rear luggage space is enormous. Well worth a look along with these other statin wagons; VW Passat, Alfa Romeo 156/ 159, Citroen C5 and Peugeot 407. Easy to recommend.
Excellent safety and security features, curtain airbags, ESP, traction control, front, side, curtain airbags, keycard start up and so much more. A great car to drive and excellent fuel economy on this diesel.
Not the cheapest car.

Tom R.
Tom R.asked
Laguna

How do i fix the top dash on my laguna 2005 which has lifted and come away?

Peter Beathasked
Laguna

Right rear electric window winder. The plastic part that attaches the glass to the winder has failed.
The part is worth probably $2 but have to replace whole mechanism $390 quoted, any ideas if the frogs make or sell the individual part or do I accept being ripped off. Peter

Hi Peter,
Im not much help here. My driver and passenger windows went and they both cost me $400 each to get replaced. Renault had quoted $900 ...

The only bit of advice I can offer is that if you are anyway handy, you can look at wreckers yards in the UK or on ebay but thats if you can fit yourself it and Im not handy myself - worth a try.

Also, just an FYI - I washed one of my keyless cards and it stopped working, renault australia quoted $600 but this guy will fix them for a fraction of that. http://www.keyrepair.co.uk/

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Rgds,
Niall

Thanks for your reply
I found the part (new) for the Right rear electric window winder on e-bay, have ordered it and await it's delivery to Australia
Cost $7.00 Au Including post from UK if I get it.
Google
RENAULT Laguna window regulator repair kit / rear right
Kits also shown on this site for other parts
Good luck
Peter
PS. I am a retired aircraft fitter

Bill5
Bill5asked
Laguna

Is the laguna Front wheel drive

Yep, FWD