Renovator Paint Runner Pro

Renovator Paint Runner Pro Questions & Answers

49 questions from our users

Debbie P.asked

My paint IS not coming though. Any ideas?

Tash
Tash

The sponge is thick if you start rolling it the paint should come through

Sonny R.
Sonny R.

This is the worst product ever designed, even when the paint is full, the end caps holding the sponge comes out and paint starts to leak everywhere. Waste of money buying this product.

Debbie P.

I was rolling it for about five min and nothing x

Michael G.

Michael G.asked

Do you just pour the paint into the paint Runner Pro or do you wash it first?

Steve
Steve

I didn't,but then again,after using it, I would,and have ,returned to the paint brush

Debbie P.

My paint is not coming though

Davidjones P.

Davidjones P.asked

What paint can you use in it

Hilary R.

Hilary R.asked

How do you secure the edging flock tool ? I can’t see how you can tighten the washer and nut to stop the paint leaking out?

Keith  H
Keith H

Sorry my friend i dont have the paint runner pro anymore i found it garbage .I phone the but they woud not give me my money back it woud not roll paint all over the place so i binned it .

Sheila J.

Sheila J.asked

Why did mine come back saying paint racer?

Kenesha

Keneshaasked

How do you change the pad?

Estel N.asked

How long does it for paint to absorb on sponge

Tom

I didn’t dilute the paint I pour it straight in. It does take a few minutes I just keep rolling it until it starts to come through. Maybe 5 minutes.

Estel N.

Waited and waited nothing happened now its leaking all over

Janette W.

Janette W.asked

How much water do you mix with 5ltr for paint runner

Tom

I didn’t dilute it at all I just put it straight in and rolled it until it soaked through

Graham K

Graham Kasked

Can I use prp with watered down paint for fresh plaster?

Keith  H
Keith H

No No No and No

Sherrie

Sherrieasked

How can I send this back?

Val

Valasked

Can you use wood stain in the roller?

Marty K
Marty K

I think that wood stain would be too thin and would tend to run out of the cover even while filling and while rolling.

Andrew

Andrewasked

Paint won't flow, I'm using crown emulsion. Any suggestions?

Diane

I used dulux which wasn’t extremely thick. Although info gives you advice regarding humidity and thinning the paint I didn’t thin mine down. Mine took quite some rolling to get the paint flowing even after moistening the roller as instructed. All adverts, I believe show very sloppy paint. Either way mine still splashed on the handle and my hands. If you do thin it I think it’s trial and error with regard the coverage. Hope this helps.

Quig

Quigasked

What type of paint can u use?

Its so heavy, you'd have to use a very thin paint for it to go through. It clogs too. Seriously, use a good paintbrush and roller it's much quicker than wasting your time trying to get the paint pro to work for you.

Tom

I fillled mine with normal paint, filled it to the top, took a fair few minutes of rolling to soak through. Job done not one drip and works twice as fast as a brush.

steve

steveasked

can you get renewable roller head and how much will it cost?

jules
jules

saw one on Amazon for £19.99 which is stupid really as the whole lot costs £29.99 with all the other accessories included

Kamla

Kamlaasked

Can I paint doors with paint runner pro?

goodluck
goodluck

There is a seperate painter for doors Thanks Good Luck

Jackie M

Jackie Masked

Bought one of these & it has a small hole in the roller is it meant to be there?

sylvi
sylvi

to be honest im not sure they are so badly made im not sure. i bought 2 and they both looked different although if paint is keaking from that hole i would imagine its not supposed to there. either way i hope you have better luck than i did using this product

Andydm
Andydm

No.take it back.

Kev

Kevasked

Can you use gloss paint?

Vicki R.
Vicki R.

Can you use undercover and gloss paint ?

Dianeasked

How do you fix the handle to the edger?

Paulr
Paulr

Just purchased a Paint Runner Pro and I used a pair of pliers, I hope this helps you.

sue

sueasked

When I'm trying to use the small edger round lights nothing's happening, I've tried pressing harder no paint comes out.

Dave
Dave

After I filled the edger with paint I then loaded a roller tray with paint to and rolled the edger in that until the paint started to flow I then cleaned the plastic strip on the edger and I was good to go

Phil
Phil

I found my edger tool totally useless too had the same problem when I inspected the edger i found that the foam was too thin so that the edger was just rolling on plastic discs on either side and the foam was making little or no contact with surface to be painted again another inoperable part of this product.

footy

footyasked

can i use paint runner pro with decking oil?

BillyC
BillyC

The one I tried before only suitable for water base paint (read from the leaflet in the box). Please read your instructions. I use sheep skin pad (from Bunning) to paint my deck every year. Its easy to use and quick application no matter water based or oil base paint like deck oil. All the best.

Pammy
Pammy

Sadly this product is not suitable for use with any paint what so ever from what I can tell. Go for a conventional good quality roller which is vastly superior. Using this product will result in getting bits of foam and streaks all over your wall, which you will then have to peel off and remwdy before ending up using a conventional roller after all. Complete waste of money, time and effort.