Repco Sport Deluxe Bicycle Child Seat

Repco Sport Deluxe Bicycle Child Seat

Meow Meow

Meow MeowGold Coast, Queensland

Great Baby Carrier! Safe But Needs Better Installation Instructions

I brought this carrier from big w Burleigh after reading a review on this site. I need it for a cruiser bike and hoped it would fit. I had to remove the back mud guard from the bike and it fits perfectly.

The instructions provided were very hard to understand if you have never installed a carrier before. I installed as per the instructions and found the bike seat to be far to close to safety bar. Lucky I had an old carrier that I was able to take parts from to move the seat away from bike seat.

My daughter loves cruising in the carrier. Very safe and I am confident she is safe and sound on the back. The spoke protector is an added bonus and puts my mind at ease that her feet will not get caught!

kaz

kazAustralia

Pretty good value for money

Beck

Beckasked

What is the height weight limit on this seat, not sure if my son is too big now

Paige

Paigeasked

My feet hit the foot rest as I pedal. Im looking to upgrade to a bigger bike M/L as current one is too small anyway. Would I still hit the foot rest? Can it be put on a bike with disc brakes.

Rebecca

Rebeccaasked

Does anyone know if these can be fitted on a Reid men's road style bike?

Patrick8888

I doubt if anybody is going to be able to answer for any specific model bike, unless they have done it on that bike...obviously bike models on the market are as stars in the sky...in general, ease of fitting depends on two factors.A.if the bike has the top screw recess holes in top frame trailing arms. In general, quality bikes do, bottom rung bikes do not. If you do not have holes in the frame provided for the top securing screws and brackets, fitting can be more complicated, as baby seat then needs to be either secured to bike seat bolt, or the fitting kit needs to provide clamp-loops.
The biggest issue, and disappointment I encountered fitting one of these , is that even with seat on and looking all secure and great, there is an issue with a LOT of bikes where your heels on pedals scrape badly against child foot recesses...there is not enough clearance for your feet in the pedalling cycle. This means you must pedal withe the pedal in middle of your instep or on your heel..which is an incorrect and inefficient pedalling position.

CategoryPram & Stroller Accessories