REX

REX

See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Martin S.

Martin S.Sydney, NSW

Unreliable, uncomfortable and poor communication

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationDubbo NSW, Australia

James T

James TMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loved the flight

I had never been on a small plane before and wad stressed about it. The staff were so good and friendly they mad it really enjoyable
From booking to returning home I have no complaints. Well just one. A nice light snack would be good and please replace the snacks you have as they are just gross.

DepartureGriffith NSW, Australia

Bre

Bre

So unreliable!

Ive had 50 flights with Regional Express this year alone, every single one was late! So unreliable! Would definitely not recommend REX for any business flyer! Their disruption notification system is also unreliable.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
Deanne

DeanneSouth Australia

excess baggage fees coming off international flight

Disgusted in excess baggage fees coming off international flight to fly to Mount Gambier, $284.90 for luggage. Pathetic. Flew domestic across Canada with same luggage, didn’t have to pay extra. Will never fly this airline again coming off international flight. Complete rip off.

Greg

GregMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Worst and not trustworthy

Delayed flight with no notification. Found it was delayed on time. They say delayed by 29 minutes but the plane actually arrived sydney even 15 mins more late after the initial 30 mins late. Missed my 2nd flight. Had to spend another 400 on new flight. And on motel at next destination and 10 hours wait at airport. Worst service ever seen

Would rather walk

The flight was significantly delayed yet the staff made no announcements nor did they treat passengers with respect. Hopeless flight information screens did not help either. Bad bad bad bad.

DestinationAlbury NSW, Australia

jaybird1986

jaybird1986Northeast, VIC

Poor, sub-par carrier

Fly regularly for work into Sydney (1.5 hour flight each way), often use Rex due to suitable departure times. Planes old and run down - torn or stained seats, often dirty especially around the tray table, small and loud. Service has been hit & miss - some great on board staff, some rude, snappy, & dramatic. In-flight service isn’t bad for a short route, however service marred by expensive delays and cancellations. Overall, a much better service offered by Virgin & Qantas.

Julia E.

Julia E.Hunter Region, NSW

The worst. I will drive from now on!

I fly for work. Over the last 2 weeks I’ve flown 6 times with 4 being cancelled. Nightmare. The staff don’t seem to have the information as to why the cancellations happen but do try to offer rescheduling advice. The in-flight service is always great. I’ll be driving instead from now on.

Voldemaras

VoldemarasSOUTH BRISBANE

Woeful. Rude, arrogant, never on time.

Until recently, I used to fly REX from my country home to Sydney for work every single week. A number of reasons that i finally stopped was 1) Their booking policies - the price goes up on the Website in direct proportion to the number of seats left! (How this is not illegal, I don't know) 2) Sudden cancellations mean that on arriving at the airport, the 'plane doesn't turn up and I can't get on the next one because it is booked out. Answer? Lose a day's pay! 3) Never before have I flown with an airline that tells its passengers - mid-flight - that they are not going to land at their usual airport, but one much further away. No explanation, but a wonderful THREE HOUR trip back home by charter bus... NEVER AGAIN Rex.

BookingThrough Airline

Terrible ground customer service in Perth Airport Terminal 2 while boarding!

DestinationAlbany WA, Australia

Melissa

MelissaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Disappointing

lynvardy

lynvardyMoruya, New South Wales

Much needed service to coast.

I have always received great service from Rex and it's employees, and it is a much needed service to the South Coast of NSW. Recently missed a connecting flight from Perth due to the Qantas flight being 3 hours delayed, and the Rex counter staff member was very understanding and rescheduled us onto a flight the next morning with no extra charge to us. She said as we had originally allowed more than enough time to change flights it was not our fault we missed the plane. Very thankful for their service.

DestinationMoruya NSW, Australia

Adam S

Adam SMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Excellent no worries here

Yes had no problems with rex at all they are professional kind had no problems with food or anything top service for me traveling cheers from a easygoing guy adam

Steve

SteveGreat Southern, WA

Good service, definitely better than driving!

Albany to Perth and return, 6 flights in four months between my 15y.o. daughter and me. Booking process on line is easy and effective. The staff were always excellent. My daughter flew on her own and was really impressed by the kindness of the cabin crew. I recommend using Rex.

Garry Walker

Garry WalkerNorth West, QLD

Run worse than a back yard brewery

Miker

MikerCaloundra

What you expect for a small plane

I fly Rex Sydney to Neranderra
The staff are always fantastic
The flights are bumpy but hey its a small plane
Never been left hanging
We need them so support them

Lack of Communication

After the flight that my son and 18 month old granddaughter were booked on from a regional airport in NSW broke down we were told nothing could be done to help with his connecting flight from Sydney to Brisbane, After about 45 mins we were told that a flight would be diverted from Broken Hill to us, which still would not get them to sydney in time, when i spoke to the service desk on 0263935550 they informed me we should have been in contact with them to see what could have been done,because of the lack of knowledge my son was left with no refund or credit with the other airline and paying for another flight with another airline. May be if everyone knew what was to happen in cases like this the passengers might consider using Rex again.

Cranky

CrankyJindabyne

A dreadful little airline

Caity

CaityBurnie

Delayed flight of 3 hours

Arrived at terminal at 5:30 for a 6:30 flight only for it to be delayed until 9:30!! I did not receive a text message or email to let me know of delay! We had been dropped off so had no way to leave airport and canteen was closed!! I think REX is slack and most likely won’t be travelling through them again!! Wouldn’t recommend Travelling with these guys!!

No notification of delayed flight. Arrive at airport at 5.30am to board at 6.30am

Poor customer service. Feeling that customers time is irrelevant. Arrive at airport 5.30am to board plane at 6.30am and get told at 6.30am that plane is delayed for 2 hrs. Not good enough. I organized flight times to attend a funeral viewing - Thanks for that Rex I missed it.