REX

• In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

No customer support

I had issues with rex charging me extra money. I had two phone conversations and both times I wasn’t helped and was told to write to the airline. I took the time to write and Rex didn’t even bother to get back in contact with me. Will not be flying with them again.

Narendra Deepal Leanage

Narendra Deepal LeanageGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rip off

This regarding fees and charges, I booked the wrong way instead of MEL-SYD-MEL
booked SYD-MEL-SYD same dates. Once I found the error, called 131713 and informed the same within 48 hours of purchasing the 6 tickets under single booking.This is 3 weeks before the flight.
This girl charged $66 for each passenger although all six under single booking.
Return flight cost $77 but 2 minutes route change cost additional $66 per passenger.
Very unhappy and will not travel again with Rex.

Seat Room
2579cy

2579cySydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor service, flight delays, damaged baggage

Avoid Rex airlines if possible. Very disorganised prior to boarding, staff appear unhappy and I observed staff to rudely snap at passengers who ask any questions about the delay. No reason provided for half hour delay. Arrived at my destination to find that my baggage had been badly cracked in several places.
I do not recommend Rex.

Kirsten S.

Kirsten S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shocking service

This was the first (and will most certainly be the last) time have booked with Rex. We arrived and checked our baggage and waited to board our 1 hour flight to Sydney. Two hours after the scheduled flight time we are still waiting at the airport with no news on when this flight will actually leave and what the problem is! We could have flown there and back by now. We had activities planned and paid for in Sydney for the afternoon that will now have to be cancelled at our expense. In the meantime we have listened to countless boarding announcements for Jetstar flights to Sydney - should have known to book with them. Never again Rex. Absolutely disgraceful.

shopgal27

shopgal27Sydney, NSW

Awful call centre staff, unreliable flights

Welcome addition to Australian aviation

Flew with Rex for the first time between Melbourne and Adelaide. No surprises with the airfare (in comparison to other low-cost airlines) and excellent service both on the ground and in the air. We certainly need more competition in Australian domestic aviation and Rex has got off to a great start.

mishap_s

mishap_sGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rex was a winner

Just had my first trip with Rex - return from Melbourne to Adelaide. Both flights were on time, and I found the whole experience from booking to our final flight an easy and enjoyable experience. The staff were friendly, professional and efficient and I appreciated the free baggage allowance and inflight snack. A step up from other budget airlines I have flown with. It felt very much like catching a Qantas flight, only cheaper!

Hubert B.

Hubert B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Worst I have ever been on

Delayed by 2 hours 40 minutes without a reason / explanation. We get to the airport and ask for a compensation, vouchers, anything. Ofcourse, we get nothing. The lady at the counter says we can't use the 'rex lounge' as it was closed, which was a lie because we were there at 18:00, they close at 19:00. We wait for an hour, and read in terms and conditions that they HAVE to give us a voucher if the plane is delayed more than 90 minutes. We come back, the lady at the counter does not know anything about this. Goes to her manager and gives us a voucher for 8$ EACH :') stating that it does not work 'in all the restaurants'. The voucher was not accepted by any restaurants only in Mc Donalds haha. First and Last time.

Richron

RichronMid North Coast, NSW

Surprising but excellent experience

Having not flown Rex previously I had no expectation, just wanted to arrive at destination safely. So happy to report on such a surprising and positive experience. Your staff are your greatest asset, thank you...

RogC

RogCSydney, NSW

Rex : You get what you pay for .

sparks

sparksSydney, NSW

Very Satisfying

We had a return flight from Sydney to Coffs Harbour.
Staff in airport and plane were so helpful and friendly especially needing help with a wheelchair.
We will go Rex again

Seat Room
In-Flight Service
Sue S.

Sue S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AMAZING SERVICE

Tonight is my daughter 1st flight. She checked in at the counter and the 2 absolutely love ladies greeted us just beautifully. They were very helpful. As walking to the gate we got lost but happened to bump into Kim who was one of the lady . She was so helpful that she took my daughter all the way to the gate. My daughter 1st experience was calming and relaxing thanks to Kim . I hope Kim gets the lovely credit of her great professionalism. Kim is definitely a great asset to the Rex Airlines. Thank you Rex Airlines for your great services.

Eve H.

Eve H.Southwest, VIC

Great all around

Great inflight service and we received snacks. Comfortable modern planes, the flights were on time. Easy access T4 for drop off in Melbourne and great that 23kg included in the fare

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Clunky airline 5 years behinds the pack

Tried to check in inline like I do with all airlines & didn’t work. Told by checking in counter that although website has a checkin in feature it isn’t yet operational & one needs to be at airports an hour before for domestic flights even if there is no baggage - 2021? Missed the flight and just shrugs

Worst flight ever SYD OOL ZL520 2nd March 2021

Boarding was fine and then delayed whilst the did head count 3 times - crikey with no updates after initial advice! Finally left over an hour late.
On arrival in friggin bags, been now waiting an hour and still no bags, while flight pax waiting for their bags and no one to get answers from.
We will never be flying REX ever again!

Dima

DimaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service. Great flight.

My family and I were amongst passengers on the first ever Gold Coast- Melbourne REX flight. We had one of the best flying experiences ever. Despite the technical issue, which was sorted out quickly, the crew remained polite and attentive. The passengers were kept informed and updated, excellent service on board. Big heartfelt thanks to all flight attendants, Tup, Lucinda, Jordan, Tanya, Nicole and others. You have made us feel so welcomed and comfortable. Special thanks to the pilot, this was the softest take off, flight and landing ever. With endless compliments we highly recommend REX airlines to everyone.

Jayke

JaykePerth, WA

Useless from check-in

Check-in opens 1h prior only. Check-in guy arrived 0710 with flight leaving 0800. Then starting up PCs etc. Got to the 2nd person when printer stopped working. Over to manual bag tags (small elastic bands tagging means equipment checked in would probably sit in a corner somewhere at Perth Airport if this snaps). It’s 0755 now and check-in incomplete when we’re meant to be leaving. Tried to use Rex’s online feedback form, but had an error after typing it, stated ‘system may be offline’. Makes sense as it crashed when trying to do seat selection previously. When phoning them (on previous flight more than a month ago), they mentioned their system wasn’t working properly. Hope the planes are better maintained. Will be late. AGAIN.

Jason K.

Jason K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Yeah Nah still on the tarmac. 40 minutes late now, hopeless

Yeah Nah still on the tarmac. 40 minutes late now, hopeless Probably the last time! You would think theyd be keen to get it right. They changed our flight on us too with a few days to go.

Simon

SimonSydney, NSW

Outstanding

First time on Rex yesterday, ex Virgin planes, plenty of legroom, fantastic friendly staff & unbelievable value for money, the service is equal to Qantas, nearly half the price & better than Jetstar,

David P.

David P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Melbourne to Sydney Return Experience

I took a flight with REX from Melbourne to Sydney for my first Australian staycation in over 12 months. First time ever flying with REX and it was superb. Reasonably price flights, easy booking process, clean aircraft (so important these days), and really nice staff. I experienced my first ever Business Class flight on my return to Melbourne with amazing food and drinks. Coincidently, Philomena was the Cabin Crew member who looked after my every need onboard on both flights and she was on point with the friendliness and service. I never considered REX for non-reginal flights, but I will from now on after such a good experience.