Rinnai Infinity 32

Similar problem to Sarah

Date PurchasedJul 2006

Sarah R

Sarah RSydney

Too long to get hot water

We have a reasonable sized house with 6 bedrooms and installed 2 x Rinnai 32 units at the end of last year on either side of the 1 1/2 storey house. All new 1 inch pipe work was put in as part of our renovation so we could run 2 showers at the same time. It is taking a minute 20 seconds to get water to some of the showers and 40 seconds in the kitchen. The plumber says I need to turn the hot water tap on fully and not the cold and once its boiling then adjust the hot tap to the desired temperature and then also turn on the cold tap. This is not practical with children. The plumber doesn't know what to do.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Terrible unit and service

Have had unit for 6 months and it cuts in and out with producing hot water. Is faulty and when ring people that put it in (Gas appliances sevice) if not warranted fault then is very costly. DO NOT BUY RINNAI units as they are far too expensive ($3,000) for what you get and they are totally unreliable. Go with what you know not infinity unit - warranty useless as up to electrician to say if warranted problem or not. Call out fees totally over the top and a rip off.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review GVT, we would like to investigate the issues you have had with the unit further. Please contact us via enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in contact.

Derick

DerickWA, 6171

First one lasted 14 years, just bought another.

I bought my first Infinity 32 in 2002, and it has just died due to a water leak. It never had a spanned on it. So impressed was I that I have just bought another Infinity 32 which also works with my original controllers. Very happy to recommend this unit.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the great review Derick. It's always great to hear from long time customers and we appreciate your loyalty to the brand.

Fails in all respects

We are two people in a two storey house. We went with this so that two appliances can run at the same time, wrong. Second, whilst former unit could get hot water to the second storey this one can't without a major upgrade to the pipes going up. Third, don't bother with a bath, we have tepid water followed by cold water. Forget it, after 2 months I give up, not only misrepresentations all over the place in likely breach of the consumer protection provisions of the competition and consume act, but the installer says that rinnai says that fluctuating temperatures are normal, so just have to put up with that. Sorry not for a device that cost over $3,000. Making arrangements to get rid of the thing so that we can live in the modern world.

john markovicsydney

Infinity 32

Poor quality. The unit completely died within 18 months of use and then we had to call for a service call where the first question Rinnai asks you if you accept an expensive call-out fee of $179 and then $132 per hour for labour! if its not warranty related. It puts you in a difficult situation of refusing them would mean no hot water for your family for a few days. They are polite and offer a attendance to your house within 24 hours which is good but expensive.
Instead I got an independent plumber for $49 call out fee and the unit was dead with internal faults. Not reliable, look elsewhere.
Size, compact
Expensive and unreliable

Suzi T.
Suzi T.

I don't understand this review. The unit is still under warranty so Rinnai should fix it especially if you have had the independent plumber verify this. So just call Rinnai back and they should fix it. If they don't then go to Fair Trading.

Orlando

Orlando

Good unit - go for the larger capacity one

Super Ash
Super Ash

John

Johnasked

How can I adjust the heat upwards on my Rinnai Infinity 32.
The unit is about 10 years old and working well.
Cheers
John

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question John, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Enzo

Enzoasked

Can I increase my rennai 32 as its 50 degree fixed?
How do I do this?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Enzo, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Peter W.

Peter W.asked

This hotel has a Rinnai 32 & occasionally there is no water (hot or cold) coming out of the hot taps anywhere in the hotel & the cold water pressure is ok. At one time it happened at 8 am & then an hour later the water was hot & plenty of pressure. Is there a possibility it could be the Rinnai shutting off the water flow?

mechanic
mechanic

peter, I have no answer for you with out being there, either contact rinnai and ask some questions or get a plumber to have a look. mechanic.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Peter W. Please contact our Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for further assistance.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water Systems