Rinnai Infinity 32

Similar problem to Sarah

Date PurchasedJul 2006
    Sarah R

Sarah RSydney

Too long to get hot water

We have a reasonable sized house with 6 bedrooms and installed 2 x Rinnai 32 units at the end of last year on either side of the 1 1/2 storey house. All new 1 inch pipe work was put in as part of our renovation so we could run 2 showers at the same time. It is taking a minute 20 seconds to get water to some of the showers and 40 seconds in the kitchen. The plumber says I need to turn the hot water tap on fully and not the cold and once its boiling then adjust the hot tap to the desired temperature and then also turn on the cold tap. This is not practical with children. The plumber doesn't know what to do.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Terrible unit and service

Have had unit for 6 months and it cuts in and out with producing hot water. Is faulty and when ring people that put it in (Gas appliances sevice) if not warranted fault then is very costly. DO NOT BUY RINNAI units as they are far too expensive ($3,000) for what you get and they are totally unreliable. Go with what you know not infinity unit - warranty useless as up to electrician to say if warranted problem or not. Call out fees totally over the top and a rip off.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review GVT, we would like to investigate the issues you have had with the unit further. Please contact us via enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in contact.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai Infinity 32 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Derick

DerickWA, 6171

First one lasted 14 years, just bought another.

I bought my first Infinity 32 in 2002, and it has just died due to a water leak. It never had a spanned on it. So impressed was I that I have just bought another Infinity 32 which also works with my original controllers. Very happy to recommend this unit.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the great review Derick. It's always great to hear from long time customers and we appreciate your loyalty to the brand.

Fails in all respects

We are two people in a two storey house. We went with this so that two appliances can run at the same time, wrong. Second, whilst former unit could get hot water to the second storey this one can't without a major upgrade to the pipes going up. Third, don't bother with a bath, we have tepid water followed by cold water. Forget it, after 2 months I give up, not only misrepresentations all over the place in likely breach of the consumer protection provisions of the competition and consume act, but the installer says that rinnai says that fluctuating temperatures are normal, so just have to put up with that. Sorry not for a device that cost over $3,000. Making arrangements to get rid of the thing so that we can live in the modern world.

john markovicsydney

Infinity 32

Poor quality. The unit completely died within 18 months of use and then we had to call for a service call where the first question Rinnai asks you if you accept an expensive call-out fee of $179 and then $132 per hour for labour! if its not warranty related. It puts you in a difficult situation of refusing them would mean no hot water for your family for a few days. They are polite and offer a attendance to your house within 24 hours which is good but expensive.
    Instead I got an independent plumber for $49 call out fee and the unit was dead with internal faults. Not reliable, look elsewhere.
    Size, compact
    Expensive and unreliable

Suzi T.
    Suzi T.

I don't understand this review. The unit is still under warranty so Rinnai should fix it especially if you have had the independent plumber verify this. So just call Rinnai back and they should fix it. If they don't then go to Fair Trading.

Orlando

Orlando

Good unit - go for the larger capacity one

Super Ash
    Super Ash

yatP

yatPasked

Infinity 32

I have Rinnai infinity 32. In my laundry area which is closer to unit the temperature is ok. However in the kitchen and bathroom the water is not hot at all. So not sure what This unit is doing? Very disappointed with this product.

Hi yatP,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

Param

Paramasked

Infinity 32

My Rinnai 32 is tripping circuit breaker as soon as the hot water tap in the shower is turned on. Any idea what could possible wrong? I had to finally switch off the Rinnai 32 AC power to get my house power back.

Hi Param,

Thank you for the question, there could be a number of reasons for this happening, we would recomend testing the power point with another appliance to see if the fault is the point itself. If not, we would recommend a service call so the issue can be diagnosed.

You can book online at https://www.rinnai.com.au/support-resources/online-service-booking/

John

Johnasked

Infinity 32

How can I adjust the heat upwards on my Rinnai Infinity 32.
    The unit is about 10 years old and working well.
    Cheers
    John

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question John, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Thanks,
    Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives