Inbuilt, Console
See the Best Gas Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rinnai

3.3
  • Heating Speed1/5 - 4/5 (2)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (2)
Jan
JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn’t heat up the room at all

Unit was installed 4 months ago.
Not happy at all. Does not radiate much heat at all
The old heater radiated a lot more heat than this.
Not happy at all considering it’s for an elderly lady that need to keep warm

Purchased in March 2021.

Noise Level
paul t.
paul t.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Heater

Previously had an old Pyrox Executive gas heater which i replaced with a Rinnai Spectrum heater. Have found this heater to be excellent! Very easy to operate No1 button to light and have 1 element working No2 button to have 2 elements working and No3 button for full heat. Fan is automatic. Have an open plan lounge/diner and kitchen, keeps the area nice and warm!

Purchased in September 2020 at Gasworks.

Other Gas Heaters

Heater ok, but!

I had my heater replaced with the Rinnai Spectrum 28. Looks great, easy to use BUT the fan only has High or Low speeds, I cannot put it on the speed I would like. Would be better if it had all 3 speeds. I think I would be much happier if it was automatic for low and adjustable for others. At the moment it seems the air from the fan being on high blows any heat away.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Jenny wMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rinnai Spectrum 28 gas heater

My vulcan heater died after 30 years service looked around for a replacement. Choices were not great wanted the same type and found the spectrum 28. Reviews weren't great but i have found it wonderful. Works well, three settings, easy to light, looks good, heats the whole house. Gets a bit dusty in the vents but I have dogs, easy to clean. Star rating is only 2 but emission rating is 6. Bought from Gas Works who organised changeover without any problems. Very happy with heater.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review Jenny w, we are glad to hear the Spectrum has exceeded your expectations and we wish you many more years of warmth.

Gas Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Spectrum compares to other Gas Heaters

philander
philanderAU

Great Heater, user friendly and effective But But

I recently acquired a Rinnai Spectrum Space Heater, while I was very satisfied with the efficiency , I am very disappointed with the construction, the metal construction is very inferior ( extremely thin gauge) so much so when turning the unit off there are peculiar noises coming from the unit being contraction, quite scary, I removed the unit and added more screws to secure flimsy sheet metal construction.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
chr960
chr960Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Rinnai Spectrum 28

So far so good, Very easy to use and quite intelligent. Fan comes on to the speed depending on which setting you use, and after you turn it off, the fan continues to cool the unit down then stops. I haven't got a gas bill yet, but even on the low setting keeps quite warm and toasty so no complaints yet. It is a 2 star

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Domy.C
Domy.Casked
Spectrum

Recently when I have all 4 heating lamps on within 5 minutes the lamps turn off by themselves. This has happened at least the last 4,5 times. I have noticed if I only have it it on low ( 1 or 2 heat lamps its okay ) I have cleaned the filter but I am scared as a single mum doesn't know much about gas heaters will it explode or was it because the filter was cleaned. I only moved into this rental 6 months ago so this is my 1st winter using the Rinnai Spectrum 28 gas heater.

Jenny w

Not sure I can be much help but I don't normally run mine with four heat settings, two usually plenty. Just ran it with all four to see if it's an inbuilt thermostat that cuts in, still going flat out. I would suggest you ring Rinnai or get it serviced...no guessing how long it's been since a service and what condition its in. I wouldn't mess around with it please get it checked. Jen

Hi Domy C,

Thanks for the question. There could be a number of reasons the heater is shutting off as you describe. Given you do not know the service history of the unit we would recommend a service call to inspect and diagnose the issue with the heater.

Rinnai Australia

Clay
Clayasked
Spectrum Inbuilt

Hey everyone I have a Rinnai spectrum 28 gas heater I was wondering if anyone can give me some onsite on what my gas or electricity bill will look like I run it everyday and on high for the last couple of hours for the night :) cheers

Hi Clay,
Thanks for the question.

We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 for further advice.

Rinnai Australia.

Lucy
Lucyasked
Spectrum

Is there any way to NOT have the fan on while using the heater? I just received my electricity bill for the first time since I've had this new Spectrum 28, and it was through the roof. Many thanks.

Jenny w

I dont believe you can run the heater without the fan going. You need it to push the heat into the room otherwise the heat won't disperse. You would need to stand in front of the heater to feel any warmth. Fan is automatic. I wouldn't have thought the fan would generate too much electricity. Hope this helps.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Lucy, the fan on the Spectrum heater is automatic and cannot be switched off, it operates to both circulate the warm air and as a safety device to ensure the heater does not overheat. Power consumption is minimal with a maximum at initial start up (less than 2 seconds) 80watts. Normal 35-40watts.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare both Rinnai Spectrum
CategoryGas HeatersGas Heaters
Price (RRP) $1,579.00$1,699.00
Heater TypeFluedFlued
Max Room Size 7575
Dimensions 650 x 910 x 125 mm650 x 910 x 302 mm
FeaturesEnergy Saving Mode, Fan, Thermostat and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Fan, Thermostat and Timer
Additional FeaturesThermal Cut-OffThermal Cut-Off
Gas Star Rating 2.1 star(s)2.1 star(s)
Max Gas Input28 mJ/h28 mJ/h
Number of Heat Settings3
Power5,200 W5,200 W
Gas TypeNatural GasNatural Gas
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishBeige, BrownBeige, Brown