Rover Lawn King

Rover Lawn King

18/42, 24/42

Terrible at mowing

Have had this mower since 2005 it's been bad since the start. Needs many repairs and like all others the same model cuts crooked. I've adjusted the hell out of it. Went online to find how to fix it and find lots of people all with same problem.... cuts crooked.
    Only good part is the Briggs motor. Rest is junk. Don't buy Rover.

Date PurchasedNov 2005

Helen

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is the worst thing i have ever bought

I bought the Rover Lawn King ride on mower brand new. Second time i went to use it it wouldnt start. Needs new battery. Went to use it the fourth time started let idle for a couple of minutes the thing just stopped. Rang up where i bought it from and was told a month before they could look at it. Not on so i jumped up and down and had it picked up a week and a half later. Rang up to see how it was going was told it was all fixed but they couldnt deliver till tuesday this was on thursday due to the long weekend. Not on so i went and picked it up myself. Also was told that 20 hours was too many hours on it for them to buy back. Very unsatisfied. Bought from The Mower Place Hillcrest Brisbane.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
    Androo1970

Androo1970Hobart

So far, so good.

Bought a pretty old, second hand Lawn King as it was cheap. Used it 3 times now to mow my small block.
    Touch wood-it starts every time & does the job I'm asking of it. That's all I can ask really, I hope I haven't put the mockers on it now.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    Mike M

Mike MMelbourne

Its lasted 15 years

This mower just keeps on keeping on. Ive been mowing 10 acres for 15 years and apart from the odd belt its been fantastic. Sure its had a few hickups but when i consider what its done its nothng. Ive hit tree stumps run over rabbits ( oopps sorry not my fault) and it just keeps going. Even my services agent is surprised how it just keeps on keeping on. Buy one anyday.

Date PurchasedAug 2001

Dont buy this mower

We have the 17HP Lawn King and it is by far the worst thing i have ever bought in my life, i cant tell you the number of things that have gone wrong with this thing. Every time i get on it something breaks. Ive spent 10 times more time fixing things than i have mowing. When it is up and going it it very uneven and you have to mow twice to get an even cut. Just about everything about this machine is poorly designed and manufactured. Please dont make the same mistake as me

Megan
    Megan

Did you sell it to me? Just bought one on gumtree and it stopped working after half hour.

Ausy mowercraft
    Ausy mowercraft

nedgoon

nedgoonUnincorporated, SA

B&S 20HP V-twin, 30" cutting deck, hydrostatic transmission.

I've abused mine but pamper it as well

I have beaten mine up mainly because I have some big rocks imbedded on my land. Its about an acre and the back paddock (basically divided into 3 plots) is a bit rougher. I got mine second hand on ebay and I cannot complain. 2 small fixes so far and I routinely maintain it.
    Simple to fix, runs like a small jeep, 17hp motor has a lot of kick

Bad

I thought Australian made for Australian conditions meant something but it seemed to have been cheaply put together. I am buying a new mower but will find an alternative to Rover. Can't entertain the thought of going through that again.
    18 hp seemed powerful enough at the time. Wider deck. Headlight.
    Had it for 8 years and every year it has needed something new through breaking. steering assembly, front axles, cutting deck realignments, electrical problems and a replacement engine in the first 2 weeks.

Agree with previous review, genuine Rover blades last for 2 mows and then need replacing.