RSVP.com.au

RSVP.com.au Questions & Answers

25 questions from our users

Catherine

Catherineasked

If I am "taking a break' but still looking at profiles, can the owners of those profiles see that I have clicked on them at that time or when I resume being active? And does them being a PREMIERE member make a difference to this question?

Gina

Ginaasked

I do not want to continue to be a rsvp member. How can I discontinue it?

BeCareful
BeCareful

You just go into my account setting and choose discontinue either temporary or permanent

Jennifer A.

Jennifer A.asked

I joined RSVP Premium and forgot my password. All attempts to reset lead me to a link on the home page which requires my OLD password to set a new one. No reply on attempt to communicate .Any advice. My 6 mth membership gone obviously.!!!!

Ronald N.

Ronald N.asked

How can a member of RSVP contact RSVP if they have been removed by them ?

Robasked

Hi There,

I have a friend that I know is on the site- I can see when she is online, - I can see is a member by searching for her user profile - but not showing up unless you search via that user profile - any thoughts

Vanessa
Vanessa

Get off the site lots of JEALOUS women on there

Thanks for your input Vanessa

Bruce S.

Bruce S.asked

If you have contact with member and they block you what does it say

Bruce S.

Bruce S.asked

If someone you were in contact and they block you what does it say when looking for them

Sharon Oasked

I have a friend who was offered a special price for stamps how do I get this opportunity?

marky
marky

was your friend male or female who got the offer,

Female

Denice

Deniceasked

How can rsvp charge me monthly direct debit when i am not a member?

Vicki C

Vicki Casked

Why is a member removed from RSVP?

PICKET

I received a kiss reply from some Latino which involved using a Stamp...…...Thereafter silence in spite or her coming on line on a daily basis. I then politely sent her a few reminders with no avail. I tried a trick of calling her a name which came to the attention of Support to find myself blocked with the loss of 25 stamps. DO NOT WASTE MONEY. I have received messages from Women younger than my Children. Many from Overseas too. RSVP has no control or are they FAKE Profiles?????? I did meet a Lady once for which I nearly dropped dead...….She looked twice her age on her only photograph...….and more like my Grandmother.

Tony L

Tony Lasked

What are the TOTAL costs of joining?

Jan
Jan

Nothing financially but mentally.....unless you are in a good headspace and confident can be costly emotionally

Chloe
Chloe

Don’t waste your money online dating. I have been online for a year. I was on RSVP, EliteSingles, Zoosk and Eharmony and didn’t find any love. I was hurt badly emotionally though. I couldn’t believe the evilness going on out there. The people I chatted with a year ago are still there except a couple of them canceled because they give up. From my experience, online dating is not a good way to find love. A lot of people lie about their age, education, job, marital status and a lot are here for relationship-shopping. they also seem to look for someone younger than them, to “get the best deal” so to speak. I have canceled my subscription now.

Debs1957
Debs1957

To Chloe - even trying to meet platonic friends is dicey online.

Christie M

Christie Masked

If you have started a conversation with someone can they see when you visit their profile?

john
john

Yes - but i found repeatedly that with RSVP you visit their profile and then they are suddenly mo longer members of RSVP or their profile has been removed for being scammers - the whole site is a scam

Yogi
Yogi

Yes, they can see your profile every time you visit them

Spot on John...….

Margaret

Margaretasked

I haven’t got any message on my iPad and still can’t connect.
Margaret Calleja

Clarkieasked

If you hide your profile can members who you've previously messaged with, still message you?

Angel20
Angel20

Hi Clarkie, no, you can only exchange messages to each other when you both leave your profiles active. However, you can choose to selectly contact member(s) on paid Premium membership service, on this, only member(s) you choose to contact can see your profile and and/or your matches. Hope this help :)

Clarkie

Thanks heaps Marcia! I've opted out of this site completely. Hoping the planets align and I meet someone offline

Helen

Helenasked

What does online mean when someone has hidden themselves but is online?

marcia

on the top right there is a bell shape. if you wish to contact or view them because they have view your profile,.you must upgrade your membership to view him..
you can also make yourself hidden.

S.Melbourne
S.Melbourne

Hi Helen,
But my profile not hidden!

Rachael 1234

Rachael 1234asked

Why has rsvp account been suspended?

HobartW
HobartW

Hi Rachael,

Well, mine was suspended because I had the temerity to tick the "Attached/married/seeking friends only" box in my profile (I have a partner but like chatting with other females). One female member (presumable searching for the love of her life) ignored the ticked box and sent me a kiss. I replied that I was interested in friendship only. She seemed to ignore this too and spent a stamp on sending me a message. When she realised her mistake, she took it out on me and reported me to RSVP (apparently you can get stamps refunded by reporting people!). So I was suspended with no explanation. When I queried this, I received an email saying that I had breached RSVP's Terms and Conditions because my activity was deemed to be "Content that pertains to ..... soliciting contact for the purpose of extra marital ..... encounters". It has proved impossible to get RSVP to answer my simple question "so why does RSVP has a tick box marked 'Attached/married/seeking friends only'?".

The above story indicates just a teeny bit of inconsistency in RSVP's policies. I suspect there are a few others that could also lead to suspension .....

Kim

Kimasked

How do i rejoin as ive forgotten old password and user name but becausecit recognises my enail address it does respondcto a new one?

mr_bigben
mr_bigben

Email support@rsvp.com and ask them to sort it.
My advise is not to use RSVP as they are not customer friendly and only want your money
Give Zoosk a try instead.

renowwasked

What does inactive member mean, answer please!

Cruz
Cruz

Exactly what it says: no longer active

renoww

So that is not the same as taking a break from RSVP

brian

brianasked

I didn't get much luck with eharmony as they seem to be sneaky and ask silly questions and I think the people on their advertisements are just actors so is it too much trouble in joining RSVP?

Allan B

I have used EHarmony and came to the conclusion that its for people "who don't know themselves we'll "and hence what they are looking for.... I know who I am and understand what is important to me. So use the RSVP site...
Hence my profile is "highly polished "( and "finely focused"to appeal to a "very narrow range and type of person. "The process focuses the mind... And sorts the diamonds from the " gravel" really well... You realise your a weeding a lot of women...out and a lot of women are " rejecting you"!
This realley is great because you end up with people who are highly appealing to you....and if two way interest...your highly interesting to them !
I select new members and those
that have high comparability at the moment have someone who ticks a lot of boxes and there is a four heart "compatibility" between us if we were closer and the age group was closer then it would be five hearts I'm sure... I find her picture attractive she is adventuress like me and while higher intelligence than me I'm intellectual we both have a sense of humour neither of us are "superficial "...
While we haven't met yet she says she would love to ... When we meet it will " feel like old friends " because we relate well in our texts...
If it doesn't work out well there's 2 others to consider...
You only get out what what you put into it...it's imperative that you are Honest with each other...
Best wishes Allan

Allan B

There is a "little conning" to get you yo buy stamps on RSVP... But women expect you to buy stamps as it " demonstrates" a value put on them "... And would feel that you are not " just cruzin the site"!
Also initially get a bunch of stamps with no expirery when you first join... You get better at texting women over time if you " learn from your mistakes "... and don't repeat them... I think RSVP is good if you go about it " the right way " ...and are prepared to take some time and research to track down someone highly suitable for both of you...Allan
Good manners spelling and grammar skills really count... If you can get them to laugh ( LOL) and talk about shared interests your well on your way assuming photos ok Al

Allan B

Believe many of the people going onto these dating sites put in too little effort and are consequently dissapointed with response as a result....they blMe the site.... When they should be looking in the mirror being patient and persistent fine tuning responses all the the time fine tuning there profile in short they are lazy impatient .... Unless they lift there they blame others God their short commings and lack of patients.... I know Ibused to be one of them ! So du k it up and put yourself out there the best way you can but be honest or Karma will come back and " bite you"!
and deserved to be dissapointed

sunshinesand

sunshinesandasked

If someone leaves a message to me, can I answer the person directly? how?
Thanks!

lennyk
lennyk

If you have used a stamp to initiate an email communication you will have free and unlimited email access with that person for 30 days. A stamp costs between $7 and $11,depending on how many you buy

NatJane
NatJane

If someone sends you a 'kiss' message (which is free) and you respond to the kiss indicating you are interested, the other person is normally the one to initiate email contact (which may or may not happen in my experience) - and they will need to pay for the 'stamps' to do this. If however you want to initiate email contact then as lennyk has indicated above, you buy the stamps and you can email the person directly. Hope this helps.

Name with held