Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000

• Sautéing
  • Rice Cooking

ReaseChristchurch

Excellent Cooker -- Closest I've seen to an Instant Pot

Purchased in June 2019 for A$60.00.

PhilB

PhilBNew South Wales

Does not come with steam basket....duh!

No steam basket just a basic trivet. Also defaults to 30min steaming. The Breville it replaces, which broke after 2yrs had a stainless steam basket and defaulted 2min steaming which did most frozen veges. Non stick coating looks better than Breville but why not a stainless cooking pot? Safer and healthier.

Purchased in May 2019 at Briscoes Mount Wellington for A$135.00.

kelli

kelliHunter Region, NSW

This is such a wonderful and time saving appliance

I use the multi cooker most days and find it to cook pretty much everything.
I highly recommend this to anyone with a busy lifestyle. I can now do away with my rice cooker, slow cooker and I'd never cook a roast in the oven again!

Purchased in December 2018.

Multi Cookers

Find out how Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000 compares to other Multi Cookers

janeg26

janeg26Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Only used it twice so far but it’s great!

I was a bit skeptical about buying a pressure cooker, another appliance when I have a slow cooker already. But sometimes I like to decide what to eat at the last minute and this is the machine that is going to allow me to do that! I’ve only just bought it & used it twice, it was easy to use, the sauté function is a huge plus over a slow cooker, it cooks so fast but just as tasty and I know I will be using this all the time, from porridge in the morning to a roast at night. Easy to use, feels solid, it’s a great purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for A$129.00.

Best purchase I've ever made

I brought this slow cooker ( in Black) about 2 weeks ago and I must say it had become my favourite appliance. It has taken over in my kitchen. I love that you can cook so many different meals in it from Sauteing to making puddings, everything comes out perfect every time. I love that you have the option of a pressure cooker for the nights when you come home but feel like a stew - you can have a beautiful meal in 45mins. I love that the cord fully comes out for easy stored. I have been raving about it to all my friends and family and telling them they MUST have one for their homes. This beats my old slow cooker by a million.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$134.00.

Paula

PaulaBindoon

Great cooker

I love this cooker, use it 3 or 4 times a week. I love that it sautes onions before I put the slow cooker on. We made pulled pork the other day was so yummy, the cooker worked perfectly. Cooking rice is now so easy, I'm so glad I bought this machine

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hopeful

HopefulBelfast

Must have for every kitchen.

Absolutely fabulous to use. Brilliant for doing rice ( it comes out perfectly). It makes meat dishes so tender and is super for making curry dishes.
Every kitchen should have one. It is so simple to use and enhances the flavours of the food. I just can’t do without it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
LMMM

LMMMLOWER HUTT WELLINGTON N.Z

Much safer than the oldschool models !

Use it for everything, Keeps most of the cooking smells in. Like everything, it's a learning curve, but nothing common sense and a decent read of the manual can't sort out easily! I love the flavours, even unsalted vegetables, which I can never enjoy done in a normal pot. The pressure cooker keeps all those beautiful flavours in the pot!
It will be a huge power saver too, Creamy Rice pudding from start to finish in 30 minutes, instead of many many hours :-)

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Ali

Ali

Love it

Makes yummy soups ,pasta, Currys haven't done a roast as yet so easy to use and clean never liked cooking but after buying this pressure cooker I enjoy it again with no fuss easy to find unlimited recipes put all ingredients in and off you go to do other things around your house.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Multi Cookers

A must to have for all kitchen lovers

It does all my pressure cooking, simple and easy. Love the turn off by itself feature so that I can turn on and focus on other chores. Haven't tried slow cooking yet. The saute function is fantastic. Highly recommend. Cooking par boiled rice had been a pain until I got this in hand. In 8 to 9 min, the rice is ready. Love it a lot.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
LJG

LJGDuffy 2611, ACT

Excellent Multicooker

This is great, it is our first multicooker. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it could do with some more manual settings, however I think that is par for the course with these devices these days. That said I do highly recommend it, it is convenient to use, easy to clean and comes with some good recipes

Date PurchasedMay 2018

A really fantastic cooker

Its features make this cooker so easy to use. Its so easy to clean afterwards. We have made the best smoked bacon bone soup in under an hour that turned out absolutely fantastic. It is also great for cooking Corned Silverside and doing Pot Roasts. Will certainly recommend this cooker to our friends.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
JustaPerson

JustaPersonCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Good but not amazing

I love the fact that it can be both a slow cooker and pressure cooker. I find I use it more for slow cooking. I actually do find it takes longer to cook food in it than a stove top. So I think that doesn't seem right if you think pressure cooking is suppose to be faster. It puts more time to cook the rice but when I stopped it 10 mins early, the rice was cooked.. So it took longer than my normal rice cooker. So I don't find it that multi functional. The best aspect of it is that I can salute in it and turn it on slow cooker/ pressure cooker. Pretty much its a very expensive slow cooker than is sometimes a rice cooker for me. I do appreciate the delay function with the rice.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Martha

MarthaPerth

I love it!

So many functions, slow cooking (didn't try it yet), sauté and pressure cooking at it's best, no need to fry before in separate pan before cooking, can't live without it now. I bought extended warranty in The Good Guys in case it breaks, they will replace it with a new one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
rhonda

rhondaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Ive never owned a pressure cooker like this. It saves me so much time. I have come home from work thrown a leg of lamb or a whole chook in. Its done it 40 min. Pop in oven for ten and u have a roast dinner. You can use the saute function brown your onions , garlic and meat then toss everything in vegies stock etc and 20 min done. Ive made risotto, deserts cooked rice . I love it so much i purchased two for family members for xmas.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

hillsmumbec

hillsmumbecSA, 5241

Not getting a lot of use out of it

I bought this product because I thought it would help cut down meal cooking times after work but it hasn't lived up to expectations. I find that the cooking times in a lot of pressure cooker recipes are quite quick but they don't take into account how long it takes to get to pressure and then again the time to release pressure. When you include these times it is often quicker just to use the stove top. I have had mixed results with casserole type dishes, the end result is often quite watery and then you have to spend even more time on saute mode to thicken it up at the end. It is really good for making soups and I have made quite a few different soups using this product. It is very easy to clean but it is quite bulky to store.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Love love love this pressure cooker

So easy to use, useful features, breeze to clean. It has made life so much easier. Never used a pressure cooker before, read the reviews, then took the plunge. I am so glad I did - with 7 people to cook dinner for most evenings, I so appreciate it - as do my family. Wouldn't be without it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
JoJo

JoJoHills District

Takes the pressure out of cooking!

Love this unit, it's quick simple and easy to use. Most of the time I do select my own manual temperatures but I absolutely love it. Has lots of variable functions from sauté, slow cook, fast cook, soups etc. Also like that it weighs your food and asseses best cooking time if you don't select manual.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Mumof4

Mumof4Hunter Region, NSW

Best cooker I have ever bought

This machine is an all-in-one rice cooker, slow cooker, pressure cooker etc. You can sauté meat before cooking in the pot and pressure cook any meal in 45mins. Great for doing great meals in short amounts of time. This is the best machine I have ever own. Easy to clean. Recommend anyone to buy one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great cooker but parts wear over time

Cooker has been great over the last couple of years, easy to clean, does the basic's well, but the plastic seal has now loosened (it struggles to seal, need to do it manually) and the non-stick coating is flaking. Currently trying to get a hold of Russell Hobbs to see if these items can be replaced.

Date PurchasedOct 2015