Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000

Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000

MPN: RHB-RHPC1000

Great cooker

I love this cooker, use it 3 or 4 times a week. I love that it sautes onions before I put the slow cooker on. We made pulled pork the other day was so yummy, the cooker worked perfectly. Cooking rice is now so easy, I'm so glad I bought this machine

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Must have for every kitchen.

Absolutely fabulous to use. Brilliant for doing rice ( it comes out perfectly). It makes meat dishes so tender and is super for making curry dishes.
Every kitchen should have one. It is so simple to use and enhances the flavours of the food. I just can’t do without it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Much safer than the oldschool models !

Use it for everything, Keeps most of the cooking smells in. Like everything, it's a learning curve, but nothing common sense and a decent read of the manual can't sort out easily! I love the flavours, even unsalted vegetables, which I can never enjoy done in a normal pot. The pressure cooker keeps all those beautiful flavours in the pot!
It will be a huge power saver too, Creamy Rice pudding from start to finish in 30 minutes, instead of many many hours :-)

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Love it

Makes yummy soups ,pasta, Currys haven't done a roast as yet so easy to use and clean never liked cooking but after buying this pressure cooker I enjoy it again with no fuss easy to find unlimited recipes put all ingredients in and off you go to do other things around your house.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

A must to have for all kitchen lovers

It does all my pressure cooking, simple and easy. Love the turn off by itself feature so that I can turn on and focus on other chores. Haven't tried slow cooking yet. The saute function is fantastic. Highly recommend. Cooking par boiled rice had been a pain until I got this in hand. In 8 to 9 min, the rice is ready. Love it a lot.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Excellent Multicooker

This is great, it is our first multicooker. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it could do with some more manual settings, however I think that is par for the course with these devices these days. That said I do highly recommend it, it is convenient to use, easy to clean and comes with some good recipes

Date PurchasedMay 2018

A really fantastic cooker

Its features make this cooker so easy to use. Its so easy to clean afterwards. We have made the best smoked bacon bone soup in under an hour that turned out absolutely fantastic. It is also great for cooking Corned Silverside and doing Pot Roasts. Will certainly recommend this cooker to our friends.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good but not amazing

I love the fact that it can be both a slow cooker and pressure cooker. I find I use it more for slow cooking. I actually do find it takes longer to cook food in it than a stove top. So I think that doesn't seem right if you think pressure cooking is suppose to be faster. It puts more time to cook the rice but when I stopped it 10 mins early, the rice was cooked.. So it took longer than my normal rice cooker. So I don't find it that multi functional. The best aspect of it is that I can salute in it and turn it on slow cooker/ pressure cooker. Pretty much its a very expensive slow cooker than is sometimes a rice cooker for me. I do appreciate the delay function with the rice.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

I love it!

So many functions, slow cooking (didn't try it yet), sauté and pressure cooking at it's best, no need to fry before in separate pan before cooking, can't live without it now. I bought extended warranty in The Good Guys in case it breaks, they will replace it with a new one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Love it

Ive never owned a pressure cooker like this. It saves me so much time. I have come home from work thrown a leg of lamb or a whole chook in. Its done it 40 min. Pop in oven for ten and u have a roast dinner. You can use the saute function brown your onions , garlic and meat then toss everything in vegies stock etc and 20 min done. Ive made risotto, deserts cooked rice . I love it so much i purchased two for family members for xmas.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Not getting a lot of use out of it

I bought this product because I thought it would help cut down meal cooking times after work but it hasn't lived up to expectations. I find that the cooking times in a lot of pressure cooker recipes are quite quick but they don't take into account how long it takes to get to pressure and then again the time to release pressure. When you include these times it is often quicker just to use the stove top. I have had mixed results with casserole type dishes, the end result is often quite watery and then you have to spend even more time on saute mode to thicken it up at the end. It is really good for making soups and I have made quite a few different soups using this product. It is very easy to clean but it is quite bulky to store.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Love love love this pressure cooker

So easy to use, useful features, breeze to clean. It has made life so much easier. Never used a pressure cooker before, read the reviews, then took the plunge. I am so glad I did - with 7 people to cook dinner for most evenings, I so appreciate it - as do my family. Wouldn't be without it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Takes the pressure out of cooking!

Love this unit, it's quick simple and easy to use. Most of the time I do select my own manual temperatures but I absolutely love it. Has lots of variable functions from sauté, slow cook, fast cook, soups etc. Also like that it weighs your food and asseses best cooking time if you don't select manual.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Best cooker I have ever bought

This machine is an all-in-one rice cooker, slow cooker, pressure cooker etc. You can sauté meat before cooking in the pot and pressure cook any meal in 45mins. Great for doing great meals in short amounts of time. This is the best machine I have ever own. Easy to clean. Recommend anyone to buy one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great cooker but parts wear over time

Cooker has been great over the last couple of years, easy to clean, does the basic's well, but the plastic seal has now loosened (it struggles to seal, need to do it manually) and the non-stick coating is flaking. Currently trying to get a hold of Russell Hobbs to see if these items can be replaced.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Delayed start not available for slow cooking

Only just bought this, so I can't comment on the other features, but the main reason I bought this model is because it advertises that it features a delayed start function which I thought would be great with slow cooking.

Got it home and read the manual, only to find the line: "delay start is not available for the slow cook and pudding menu function. All other functions have the option for a 2hr up to 24 hour delay start function". So whilst it may be a great product in spite of that, if you're after a delayed start slow cooker, look elsewhere.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Perfect! Finally what we were looking for!

We haven't tried all the functions & options yet but whatever we already tried was great. We bought a couple of pressure cooker before that were a bit cheaper but even if they were ok we were not 100% happy with them (pressure leak, no alarm when it's done and so on). With this one, it's all what we were looking for. Just perfect.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

I love my Express Chef.

This is the best appliance ever. Cooks brilliantly. Easy to clean. Easy to work. Had mine for over a year and use it regularly. I am currently looking for another for my daughter, but looks like they are all sold out in Australia. I will be waiting for the next shipment.

LIfe changing method of cooking!!

Fast, easy to use, easy to clean and not scared of pressure cooking any more. Corned Beef done in 40 minutes, delicious curry, flavours locked in and entire meals ready in less than half the time of normal cooking. Chicken soup in 5 minutes, awesome. The recipe booklet has lots of meals to start you off and the sear function means you can braise and caramelise before starting your one pot casserole or slow cook. This pressure cooker has lots of functions and does perfect brown rice in minutes and does a mean risotto without all the stirring. Curries come out full of flavour and the meat seriously melts in the mouth. Love this product.
Easy to use, cooking pot goes in the dishwasher.