Ryobi 18V One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830

Ryobi 18V One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830

MPN: OLT1830

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Teresa B

Teresa BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice and light and good battery life

Love it as it starts easily and the battery seems to last long enough for my needs in a smallish garden . I have never had the battery die on me yet. The only downside is the useless line feed and the line is constantly breaking even with being careful not to hit concrete edges I am forever feeding the bloody line out

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.

Troy

TroySydney, NSW

Don't Bother

I have owned the One+ Line Trimmer for about 8 months and I'm ready to get rid of it.

Trimming my grass takes a lot longer than it should and that is because there is only one line that comes out of the head, it wears down quickly, and the line that comes out is not long enough. I also find it extremely difficult to remove and replace the battery as it gets stuck regularly.

I love the idea of battery powered tools but the Ryobi One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830 is one you should skip.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

John

JohnCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Don't Bother... it is rubbish

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Grass Type Thick, heavy grass or weeds

Jonesy4567South East Queensland, QLD

No more Extension Leads

I have wanted to go battery on the mower and wipper snippet for a while.
The Ryobi was at a good price at Bunnings, so I invested in one. It's nice and light, has plenty of power for a normal sized block and has been reliable so far.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

aceraceQld, 4521

How good is this

At first I/we thought the trimmer was a toy.

For around the house etc magic tool compared with petrol driven stuff with much bigger line.

Its not a brush cutter but great for around fence lines shrubs etc.

My wife loves it and my daughter also(bought one too).

Battery lasts ages and can be used on many other tools.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

LeeK

LeeK

It's ok, but...

It does a decent job cutting but the bump feed head leaves a lot to be desired. The trigger mechanism is weak. I've broken mine and unable to get a replacement so had to jury-rig.

Purchased in January 2014 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Grass Type Tall grass

Amelia R.

Amelia R.Sydney, NSW

Only ok

Quiet and works with the rest of my Ryobi products however the actual whipper snipper Bump feed head is average-poor, and very hard to feed. We replaced our head completely to a better quality.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Josh

JoshMurray Region, NSW

Very good domestic whipper snipper

I bought one fo these a couple of weeks ago to replace 30cc Ryobi petrol trimmer.
It has been great, no petrol or pull starts that don't work. It is perhaps a little less powerful but this has not impacted me for domestic use on my 800m2 block and easily handles the work I need it for. The bump head is very responsive and easy to reload. It is also a lot quieter and lighter making it easy to use.

The only downside I've found so far is that it is hungry on the batteries if run on 'high'. That said I've run it on low and had no dramas. The time I used a fully charged 105 aH battery it lastest barely 10mins, so now I make sure I've got the 4.5 aH battery ready to go before starting.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Grass Type Tall grass
Anna

AnnaBrisbane

Helpful but not powerful

It is easy to use, to change line and it is not heavy.
I manage to get my concrete edges done but it prefers the lighter grass, certainly doesnt go through kikuyu grass runners and buffalo grass runners.
The line doesnt always feed through and some tug and war occurs feeding it through manually.
But so handy to have something light, that i can be mobile without having an electrical cord hanging behind me.

Purchased in December 2017.

Melissa

MelissaTasmania

Not impressed

Firstly I am only a short person so the adjustable handle height was great, but I still found the unit somewhat heavy for me as a female, not to mention it was noisy and the plastic line/cord kept breaking so it was a constant start stop to fix and feed the line through to get the job done, and it was difficult and was most frustrating and has since put me off buying another whipper snipper, no matter what brand it is, this one just gave me a bad feeling about all of them.

Purchased in April 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Grass Type Thick, heavy grass or weeds

wizard motorcycles

wizard motorcyclesSouth East Queensland, QLD

GREAT

Easy to use no petrol mixing no cleaning up carb from old fuel. No zip starting just use recharge battery and put away. Battery life is plenty for average yard.

Purchased in December 2017 for $235.00.

Grass Type Tall grass and Thick, heavy grass or weeds

Capt Jack

Capt JackWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Has too many issues

Bought this as a package $229 with 5Ah battery - two years and 2 months ago. The auto line feed doesn't work very well as outlined many times in this thread. The battery only lasts 10 mins now - two months out of warranty. It does the job but only barely before the battery dies - still with 2 bars showing. I'm certain that it lasted longer initially. The main issue is with the hit-and-miss Ryobi batteries. Only the 4Ah that I bought 4 yrs ago to replace a 1.4Ah in a blower that died in a few months has performed well. Ryobi don't want to know and I'm sure as hell not spending $149 at bunnings on a new one that is likely to have the same problem.

Purchased in February 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $229.00.

Geoff93

Geoff93Sydney, NSW

Nearly un-useable

The line auto-feed just does NOT work. The line is so thin and weak
that it breaks off very quickly, and does not auto-feed, so you have to stop
and press the feed button next to the spool, on the actual head - dangerous ...
and if the line breaks off altogether (as it does not auto-feed), you have to pull
the cover off the head and re-spool it. Also, the line seems to get caught on the spool,
so even the feed button won't work then.

Purchased in May 2018.

Marpa

MarpaSydney

Good, lite, quiet.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Vevean Morkos

Vevean MorkosMelbourne

Fantastic trimmer

The trimmer is such a great product. Noise level is low, it's super light so makes it easy to cut my grass. It runs for a good time for me to finish my yard that's a reasonable size. I would buy this product over and over again. Would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
AnnB

AnnBSydney, NSW

Love the idea of this range, but removing the battery can be problematic if you have small hands

With no other real need for a lawn mower, I purchased this to keep the nature strip looking tidy. No cords or fuel to mess about with, its a great little unit.

My only issue is getting the battery off as my female hands are not big enough to reach the release buttons at the same time, (which are located on either side of the battery).

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Twig

TwigDapto

Love this soo much

I bought this because my hubby can no longer do the yard, needed something quite, light, and easy to use. ticks all the boxes, don't have a big yard but a lot of edgy area. the best thing is I don't have to fiddle with line and getting all tangled up with it...just pop in the fresh spool and good to go. love it so much I had an electric blower but did't like getting it out as much because of the cords so I just bought myself the blower as well. So ladies out there if you are the one that has to or likes to do the lawns..good value product. just done mine now.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Flyby

FlybyNSW, 2456

Works really well

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Sameer W

Sameer WSydney

Excellent Line Trimmer

A really nice cordless line trimmer which does the job really well. Bought this with a blower in a combo pack from Bunnings and I am really happy with the purchase. The auto feed line system works really well. Lasts about 45mins on a full charge of 4.0ah battery which in my opinion is enough for decently sized lawns. I strongly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Regular consumer

Regular consumerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great cordless line trimmer

John T. Fieldasked

MY FIRST SPOOL HAS BEEN EXHAUSTED. IT IS 18V LITHIUM BATTERY DRIVEN MODEL. WHERE CAN I FIND A UTUBE DEMONSTRATION OF INSTALLING A REPLACEMENT SPOOL ?

John T. Field

He used is intelligent mind and found the answer for himself.

Karl W.

Karl W.asked

My ryobi cordless line trimmer - only used 4 or 5 times - will start spinning but immediately stops spinning when put to work. There's action going on in the shaft but the head won't spin. Can anyone please advise?

Jonesy4567

Take it back. It has a one year warranty

JMSasked

Unknown to me the spool cover fell apart while I was using it. I realised what had happened when I stopped it to see what the strange noise was. I had a new one but before I replaced it I had to clean some cut grass away a a small spring fell out of the part where the spool goes but I don't know where it came from to replace it. Any ideas please??? thanks.

acerace

Yes, I had look at mine. The push button/slide piece to release more string slides in when u push it in. Behind/under that slide piece is a small spring that returns the slide/ button., You may need to fiddle with it a bit and put that spring back in.Good luck u should be ok. Worst thing Ryobi should/could sell u a new spool. I have another brand machine and bought on Ebay a new spool $15.00.
Peter

JMS

I had worked out that it belonged to that button but I can’t work out where the spring goes. A photo of where it goes would be useful please. As I said I have a new spool and the cap cover thing. A rather poorly designed part as far as I’m concerned. This is my 3 rd one in 4 years!

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryBattery Whipper Snippers