Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
Listing monitored by Ryobi

39 questions from our users

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

Thomas Cross
Thomas Crossasked

Appears to have blown a fuse on polesaw
What do I check
How can I fix it?

JSBasked

Opp18 pruner doesn't match hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S

ken

I only have one Ryobi 18v pole and it fits both the hedge trim and chain saw without a problem. I bought the pole with the chain saw attached first then after I found it does such a great job I bought the hedge attachment and that also works on the same pole.

JSB

Thanks Ken. The Opp18 pruner is 2021. The hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S is 2016. They have changed the connection a bit after only 5 years. Maybe you bought yours at the same time?

Rhonda H.
Rhonda H.asked

18v Ryobi pole saw is leaking oil. Can this be fixed or should I return it? I’ve used it once.

Alls m.
Alls m.asked

Is there pole hedge trimmer that's compatible with the pole pruner OPP1820?

gordon
gordonasked

where can i buy spare extension pole and how much model opp1820

Jorgejio
Jorgejio

Theoretically, Bunnings Special Orders should be able to track one down. For myself, when I bought it, the pole pruner and the pole hedge-trimmer happened to be on special at Bunnings - so I bought both, thereby giving me an additional extension. You might want to find out what the 'spare part' costs versus a new and different, but compatible tool. Ryobi does overcharge for spares, in my experience.
(Several times I've gone in intending to buy a spare Ryobi battery for my tools. They're so pricey I've always wound up buying a second drill, it's something like $100 for the battery/spare-part and $200 for a drill, a charger, some odds and sods, and two(!!) batteries!)
Note: by combining the two extensions with the one saw - with the bottom and the top - I had effectively four lengths - and that's right at the edge of the saw's safe usability. It's very unwieldy and the chances that something might break are very high. No sudden movements!
Second Note: Based on recent experience, :-(( if you're using a saw at this kind of extension - it's entirely possible to cut the wrong branch off! Make it a two-person job - a spotter and helper with the saw when it's off, and the operator.

Jim B.asked

I have a problem somewhere in the handle first pole section. Same battery and upper pole sections work on another lower section my son has but not on mine. Any clues?

Dom
Dom

I saw a video where there is a fuse in one of the poles. Pretty dumb design.

Penny
Pennyasked

We have just bought a pole pruner and after trying to use it, we are a little confused. When the extension pole is not connected, the saw head works perfectly. When the extension pole is connected, the chain runs in the opposite direction and won’t cut at all. We have checked all connections carefully. Any ideas???

Kim B.
Kim B.asked

Can I use Canola oil in my Ryobi OPP1850 pole pruner?

Peter C
Peter Casked

My pruner worked fine one day and did not work at all the next day. The battery is fully charged but the motor has no activity at all. What do I do next?

Shihandai28

If you stored the pole pruner upright, oil can run down into the motor area and then during use can burn out the connectors.
If you have a knowledgable friend, connectors can be accessed and replaced and possibly restore use. I had this problem and fixed it and got the tool running again.

Shihandai28

Another thought is that a contact point in one of the joins has flattened a bit so the connections may need a little adjustment to reconnect. A screwdriver to gently lift the metal contacts a bit may work.

Mark
Markasked

What's the sponge inside the oil reservoir? Are you supposed to remove it?

Shihandai28

Don't remove this. Also, store the head and blade in a downward position when not being used or oil can run into the motor section, which can cause the connectors and wiring to burn out.

Dennis B.
Dennis B.asked

can you buy a chain saw atachment to suit pole pruner

tony
tonyasked

where can you get the Sprocket parts for OPP 1850 ?
thanks in advance

Barbara
Barbaraasked

The screw that holds the cover plate just keeps spinning around. How do i fix this.

Gayle R.

Mine too. Doesn't seem an answer & annoyed as took it back and told I was rough on it. I was careful & cleaned it after use. Next use I can't unskew the cover plate to put the chain on the blade.

Between this and previous tightening screw issues; such a useful product becomes useless.

Please reply. I live in Western Australia & wondering if I should send this somewhere as its under warranty? Gayle

Jurgen H.
Jurgen H.asked

My Ryobi Pole Pruner smells like an electrical fault inside the housing. How do I open up the housing? I have taken out all screws but it seems to stick together at the pole entrance. Would appreciate help before I break it.

Shihandai28

You must be missing removing a screw somewhere. I have had the cover off and replaced some spade connectors (which sounds like it may be the problem) and got the tool running again. Store the head and blade in a downfacing position to prevent oil leaking into motor area.

I think 2 screws are are under the label

Kevin L
Kevin Lasked

My telescope collar will not lock on occasions. Are there any tricks to this. Cheers Kevin

Jimmy
Jimmyasked

Gayle R.

Same ... seems common since written above as well.

Alex Bryson
Alex Brysonasked

Just taken delivery. How do I remove the guard from the blade? It appears stuck.

Colleen D
Colleen Dasked

Has the oil leak on these been fixed?

Gayle R.

The cap seems to have a deliberate hole for heat expansion. Thats a nuisance storage issue. We need 2 caps.

Mine 1st one too spewed oil so Seems that too might be too common.
One Bunnings were unhelpful on both issues.
Another helped by replacing that 1st one yet now the plate stuck has me frustrated as I use only ryobi battery tools

anthony p.
anthony p.asked

how much

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Other Hedge Trimmers