3.0

50% · 22 · 50%

Ben
BenSydney, NSW93 posts

Failed after ~12 months - motor burned out - beware Ryobi's warranty "gotcha"

After around 12 months of use around a semi-rural property, tasks such as cutting lantana and other bushes, a little bit of "demolition" work cutting up some old house framing, this recip saw failed. I believe the motor burned out, as it started making that "underpowered motor smell" towards the end of its days.

Took it back to Bunnings and decided to pony up for the far more expensive brushless version. Turns out by doing that Ryobi are now saying the new saw is not eligible for the extended warranty - I should have requested a refund (as per the warranty conditions) and then bought a new one. Lesson learned. Show details

Rob H
Rob HSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

This machine is under powered

I had a the same saw from the the former Masters store.
It came with two batteries.
The Ryobi is under powered and the battery does not last very long under heavy use.
I will not buy this brand again. You have to be careful when a company offers exclusive buys to Bunnings.
In fact I would say the item is nothing more than a second rate machine.
Be careful when you buy. Show details
Anna
AnnaBrisbane66 posts

Bought this instead of chainsaw

I went to buy a chainsaw but the rep talked me out of it for safety reasons.
This tool does all i want in my gardening foray. It is not too heavy for me to handle.
The only negative is that I struggle to pull the release to change the blade. It closes okay but I struggle to open it. Show details
JohnDPalmerston, NT19 posts

dogbee
dogbee

For Ryobi representatives. I haven't used the R18RS Recip Saw yet but have inserted and remove the blade. I am concerned with what the Manual calls Item 4 (Toolless blade change system). This is one occassion where a picture isn't worth 1000 words. This plastic lever seems to have quite a load placed on it when opening to insert or remove the blade. I was wondering if Ryobi has calculated MTBF for this item, is it able to be replaced out-of-warranty by the owner and are spare parts and instructions available to replace what I expect will be (at least) a broken lever?

Rae B.
Rae B.

What is the difference between the Ryobi RRS 1200-S ($159) and the R18RS-0 ($169) reciprocating saws?