2Ryobi 18V One+ Saw RRS1801

33%17%50%

Ben
BenSydney, NSW93 posts

Only for light duty use

The motor burned out after about 12 months of occasional use (1-2 times/month), mostly gardening and a bit of 'demo' type work. After a bit of grief from Bunnings re. warranty, I replaced it with the much more expensive brushless version, which so far doesn't get as smoking hot but really isn't any more powerful. Show details
Adso
AdsoSouth East Queensland, QLD29 posts

Burnt out within 2 months

This is my 2nd Ryobi Recip Saw (the old was in a slightly different housing), but this one only lasted 2 months before it smoked badly and stopped completely.. I usually try to stop when it starts to get hot and smoke.. but this time it just died completely... I do use them pretty hard on roots and the odd tree removal, but the old model handled much more abuse for 4yrs before failing.

Also the metal fixing on the front snapped off within the first week.. all in all a really disappointing purchase.. but what do you do.. this tool is essential and irreplaceable.. and im locked into the ryobi system... I have to go out and buy my 3rd ryobi recip saw. Show details

Joe bloggs
Joe bloggsSouth East Queensland, QLD125 posts

Ok but a little under powered and smoking hot when it failed

Used to cut out sliding door, a few weeks later then for some pine framing timber on kitchen Reno, started smoking then, thought nothing of it. Last Friday I started to cut old fence posts out out at ground level and it started smoking again, this time it was dead, took it to Bunnings on Saturday and it was replaced under the 6 year warranty,

When cutting the fence posts our neighbour had a Makita 18 volt and it run rings around the Ryobi but at twice the price I feel Ryobi is value for the coin.

The replacement was used for cutting down bushes on the fence boundary and it was great for that as well.
To be honest if it stuffs out again I'd not accept a replacement because I feel it is under powered Show details

Mark S
Mark SSydney29 posts

Versatile

I baught on of these for when we go 4x4/camping to cut branches that were too big to break by hand/knee. It does that perfectly but having got it I now use it on a regular basis around the house too. This tool if very versitile and usually gets used for pruning trees arount the house. However it's also handy as a wrecking tool (need to cut up some junk to fit in the bin) or when ever you need to cut something quickly with no hastle.

Show details

Kay
KaySouth East Queensland, QLD15 posts

Rotten product with design flaw

I have now had two of these pruning saws and both have with a couple of hours encountered the same fault which means cannot be used and have to returned under warranty to bunnings - what a huge inconvenience at a time that my time is precious! Sick of big companies putting out rubbish products!

Show details

Smoogus
SmoogusAU11 posts

This is the ducks Guts, I recommend all my mates get one

This has saved me so countless times. I love it. No doubt my favorite tool.

Comes with Metal & Wood cutting blades. Ive used it to cut tree branches, poly pool pipe, Metal Nails, Metal Sheeting, Aluminium Splashback, Rope, Dowel, Seperating Glued timber Pieces. Its so handy because you can gt in places where a normal tool cant get. Like between two timbers that are fastened with nails. Its variable speed, so you can get some precision cuts if needed. Best Money I ever Spent !