Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H

Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H

MPN: OLM1840H

See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

zhapon

zhaponSydney

Mining a coal with a table spoon!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Neil

NeilChristchurch

Great Choice for a Small to Medium Lawn

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Ian MayneMelbourne

Terrible mower.

Worst mower I've ever owned. Most often it won't start at all and if it does it will often cuf out within 3 seconds. Very occasionally it starts and runs for a decent time and actually cuts nicely, unfortunately due to it's unreliability and regularly not starting at all, I would be wary of any battery powered mower. Not surprised this mower is no longer produced as it's reliability is woeful.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

David

I have recommended this mower to friends. No mixing petrol. No flammable fuel around the house. No more fuming when attempting to start the mower. Quiet and no smoke! I have alot of Ryobi products, batteries, chargers etc. This works a treat. I had problems with my back and starting my old mower. Not a problem now!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Paul B

Paul BCranbourne West

Not anywhere near as good as the Ryobi Rep said it would be

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Phil L

Phil L

Excellent. Works as described!

My lawn is about 60 sqm and the mower has comfortably covered that area in one charge, 2 charges if I've let the lawn grow a bit long. Easy to start and move around. Sure it's not as rugged as a full metal mower but it does the job. Probably wouldn't recommend for rough or significantly undulating ground.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

vjreid1

vjreid1Brisbane

Best battery powered mower I've owned

Cuts great if grass is kept at a manageable level. Don't let it grow too long though as you might struggle. I have a small patch of yard so this mower is perfect. This was bought in a package that came with blower charger and battery, which was great value. No more worrying about fuel, just charge it and your good to go. And the battery is interchangeable between the range of tools. The mower is a little narrow though but is not a problem for my patch of yard

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Luke K

Luke KBrisbane

Great machine

This lawn mower has been a fantastic addition to my landscaping tools. Along with the Ryobi ONE+ whipper snipper which runs off the same batteries. One charge of two batteries is enough to mow the lawn and complete the whipper snipping. One minor issue is that the mower struggles after rain or if the grass gets a little too long

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Brought the Ryobi One+ Mowe & Blower kit

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Happiness Stan

Happiness Stan

Do the sums, then choose !

Date PurchasedSep 2017

BrenM

BrenMSydney

Great battery life, light weight, instant on

As I was already setup with the drill and sander from the same range, it was a must to check out this unit from Ryobi. Available as a pack with a larger capacity battery, the price was higher than expected but the salesman got to me with range anxiety. The unit is very light weight, and easy to manoeuvre. We joke that it is like an outdoor vacuum as it starts instantly and can handle almost everything in the yard.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Ozzie JohnRedlands

Great

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Glenn

Good mower you just need 2x 5ah.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Glenn

Can confirm that with 2x 5ah it runs like a dream even with over grown grass stalled a few times but from my own eagerness to mow that yard..

g young

g youngmelbourne

Great mower !

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Mumsy

Mumsy

So far so good for older lady medium size lawns

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Batteries die in 20 minutes

I upgraded to this mower from an electric mower as the cord was problematic. It came with 2 batteries. I would not recommend this mower to anyone on a block the size of ours which is only a tiny 400sqm. It mows beautifully for maximum 20 minutes and then dies. The batteries take hours to recharge and as I only have one recharger I need to wait twice as long to recharge both batteries. Ryobi.....you need to make it clear to customers that they need 4 batteries and multiple rechargers as what is supplied is definitely not sufficient to complete the job.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

D.AblettGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tesla sports car of mowers

D.Ablett

4 years on and this mower still works like a dream. I bought a couple of new batteries recently and the mower absolutely powers along. Very good purchase.

robfolMelbourne, VIC

Perfect for my relatively small but rough and hard to reach lawns

Ryobi ONE+ Lawn Mower using 2 x 18V batteries to power the ONE+ Lawn Mower
I already have Ryobi ONE+ 18v drills and tools so this was a no-brainer, but the reviews here helped me decide. To my pleased surprise it coped well with our rough unkept lawn, was light and easy to manoeuvre and my existing 2.4aH batteries lattes at least 20 minutes cutting time. Best thing is that it is incredibly quiet. I may add a pair of 5aH batteries to my system next year.

robfol

UPDATE. Still doing very well in wet weather. Bought pair of 5ah batteries which let me do all round house and sides.

nicoledzikowski

nicoledzikowskiasked

Hi there,
my sisters and i put some money together and purchased my mum a Ryobi chordless lawnmower. Since mum already had a fair few of the other products. However. None of us thought of getting the battery pack for the lawn mower. When i look at the prices they are well into the $200 mark which currently non of us can afford. I had a quick look on Ebay and Gum tree and there are a few for sale however i am unsure if this is the way to go. Would anyone recommend buying that way as the cheaper option or steer well clear for the very reason i am dreading.

Any advice would help? :)

Ian Mayne

I am the original poster. I would be sceptical of second hand batteries as all batteries, including lithium-ion have limited shelf life, hence Ryobi only guaranteeing these batteries for 3 years. Also, if they've been completely discharged, this will negatively affect the electrlytics and hence battery life. Unlike ni-cad batteries, lithium-ion don't have a 'memory' and are best not be discharged to a low level. I would not buy second hand batteries for the above reasons as you can't tell how they've been used.
By the way, I purchased new batteries for the original 36V one+ mower, but this didn't help. I then purchased the " newly designed" 18V one+ mower, which has so far performed flawlessly.

Assaji

Assajiasked

Would it be able to cover 300 sq m of lawn?

D.Ablett

If you put in two of the latest 5Ah batteries you'd do it easy. I used to mow my small 60m3 lawn with two of the old type smaller batteries and still have charge to use the line trimmer for the edges. I upgraded my batteries to the latest and the mower cuts twice as good due to the higher output.

Ken61
Ken61

I have 2 x 4Ah batteries and live on a 670 sq m block of land. Our lawns would be more than 300 sq m and I can comfortably mow the back and front with enough power left in the batteries for the snipper and the blower. So, i would say YES. 5 Ah batteries were not available when I bought the mower but they would be even better.

robfol

Should do with the bigger 5AH batteries. Mine is doing really well even on long wet grass. Just have to clean underside occasionally. Great to be able to swap batteries to Hedge trimmer and drills to. It's a great system.

Charm

Charmasked

How do you clean the mower after mowing?

A.M. McIvor
A.M. McIvor

I use a blower then a brush on the grass that has stuck, it is recommended using a brush (dry) no water or hose washing

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryBattery Lawn Mowers