Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H

Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H

MPN: OLM1840H

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.7

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life

Weighs, handles and cuts as if made of Lego.

Noise Level
Safety
Battery Life
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Product is used Occasionally

Cheap rubbish.

The grass catcher doesn't catch most of the grass and the handle keeps coming off. I used for it for 10 mins and the handle came off a number of times, the final time it came off the handle went into the blades damaging it and it couldn't be put back on.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$199.00.

Noise Level
Safety
zhapon

zhaponSydney

Mining a coal with a table spoon!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Neil

NeilChristchurch

Great Choice for a Small to Medium Lawn

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Ian MayneMelbourne

Terrible mower.

Worst mower I've ever owned. Most often it won't start at all and if it does it will often cuf out within 3 seconds. Very occasionally it starts and runs for a decent time and actually cuts nicely, unfortunately due to it's unreliability and regularly not starting at all, I would be wary of any battery powered mower. Not surprised this mower is no longer produced as it's reliability is woeful.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

David

I have recommended this mower to friends. No mixing petrol. No flammable fuel around the house. No more fuming when attempting to start the mower. Quiet and no smoke! I have alot of Ryobi products, batteries, chargers etc. This works a treat. I had problems with my back and starting my old mower. Not a problem now!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Paul B

Paul BCranbourne West

Not anywhere near as good as the Ryobi Rep said it would be

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Phil L

Phil L

Excellent. Works as described!

My lawn is about 60 sqm and the mower has comfortably covered that area in one charge, 2 charges if I've let the lawn grow a bit long. Easy to start and move around. Sure it's not as rugged as a full metal mower but it does the job. Probably wouldn't recommend for rough or significantly undulating ground.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
vjreid1

vjreid1Brisbane

Best battery powered mower I've owned

Cuts great if grass is kept at a manageable level. Don't let it grow too long though as you might struggle. I have a small patch of yard so this mower is perfect. This was bought in a package that came with blower charger and battery, which was great value. No more worrying about fuel, just charge it and your good to go. And the battery is interchangeable between the range of tools. The mower is a little narrow though but is not a problem for my patch of yard

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Luke K

Luke KBrisbane

Great machine

This lawn mower has been a fantastic addition to my landscaping tools. Along with the Ryobi ONE+ whipper snipper which runs off the same batteries. One charge of two batteries is enough to mow the lawn and complete the whipper snipping. One minor issue is that the mower struggles after rain or if the grass gets a little too long

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Brought the Ryobi One+ Mowe & Blower kit

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Do the sums, then choose !

Date PurchasedSep 2017
BrenM

BrenMSydney

Great battery life, light weight, instant on

As I was already setup with the drill and sander from the same range, it was a must to check out this unit from Ryobi. Available as a pack with a larger capacity battery, the price was higher than expected but the salesman got to me with range anxiety. The unit is very light weight, and easy to manoeuvre. We joke that it is like an outdoor vacuum as it starts instantly and can handle almost everything in the yard.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Ozzie JohnRedlands

Great

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Glenn

Good mower you just need 2x 5ah.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Glenn

Can confirm that with 2x 5ah it runs like a dream even with over grown grass stalled a few times but from my own eagerness to mow that yard..

g young

g youngmelbourne

Great mower !

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Mumsy

Mumsy

So far so good for older lady medium size lawns

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Batteries die in 20 minutes

I upgraded to this mower from an electric mower as the cord was problematic. It came with 2 batteries. I would not recommend this mower to anyone on a block the size of ours which is only a tiny 400sqm. It mows beautifully for maximum 20 minutes and then dies. The batteries take hours to recharge and as I only have one recharger I need to wait twice as long to recharge both batteries. Ryobi.....you need to make it clear to customers that they need 4 batteries and multiple rechargers as what is supplied is definitely not sufficient to complete the job.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

robfol

robfolasked

Hello, I have a Ryobi OLM1840H Mower, been fine abut this year will not start. The two 5A batteries are both fine. Both green lights in battery bay light up but the motor will not turn. Any help appreciated.

Donna A.

Donna A.asked

I bought a new Ryobi One + and for the first two mows it was hard to know if it was actually on, as it was so quiet. On the third mow it became a lot noisier - sounding more like a traditional petrol mower. It has been noisy ever since. How do I go back to it being a quiet/noiseless mower ? I have a small lawn which takes no more than 15 minutes to mow, so I always have enough battery power and I mow it regularly on the 2nd to highest setting available, so the blades are never under pressure from the grass being too long.

nicoledzikowski

nicoledzikowskiasked

Hi there,
my sisters and i put some money together and purchased my mum a Ryobi chordless lawnmower. Since mum already had a fair few of the other products. However. None of us thought of getting the battery pack for the lawn mower. When i look at the prices they are well into the $200 mark which currently non of us can afford. I had a quick look on Ebay and Gum tree and there are a few for sale however i am unsure if this is the way to go. Would anyone recommend buying that way as the cheaper option or steer well clear for the very reason i am dreading.

Any advice would help? :)

Ian Mayne

I am the original poster. I would be sceptical of second hand batteries as all batteries, including lithium-ion have limited shelf life, hence Ryobi only guaranteeing these batteries for 3 years. Also, if they've been completely discharged, this will negatively affect the electrlytics and hence battery life. Unlike ni-cad batteries, lithium-ion don't have a 'memory' and are best not be discharged to a low level. I would not buy second hand batteries for the above reasons as you can't tell how they've been used.
By the way, I purchased new batteries for the original 36V one+ mower, but this didn't help. I then purchased the " newly designed" 18V one+ mower, which has so far performed flawlessly.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives