Ryobi PLT3043A / PLT3043YW

Ryobi PLT3043A / PLT3043YW

PLT3043YW, PLT3043A

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

nazeer

nazeerbrisbane

Ease of use

Previously had 2 stoke trimmers spent most time trying to start.
This 4 stoke trimmer is easy to start up. No messy oil and fuel mix. Easy line replacement.
Very happy with purchase. Still going strong.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Bloody good machine

started running it on 98 petrol 50 to1 mix one pump and it goes. my one is 4yrs old.not a problem. like most small engines they need a little T. L. C. keep the plug up to date. filter clean I keep it full of petrol when finished with ready for next use.
easy to operate

zircosil

zircosilGeraldton, Western Australia

Wish I'd bought something else

This line trimmer worked well for around 6 months, then has been nothing but a pain in my backside. I've never been able to get the line bump to work after respooling so I switched the head out.
Its painful to start, I've replaced the primer due to it perished, the vibrations it gives make it hard to hold for more than 10 minutes or so, for some reason it just randomly conks out during use.
I'll be replacing this shortly with something electric and 18V
ok when new
just painful to use

CulpritGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Finally something broke

After 9 years the shaft broke. Never had an issue starting. I drain the fuel after each use and out in fresh fuel every time as 2 stroke can go off and contaminate. That's the key using any 2 stroke. I always cleaned the brush cutter after use and kept it well maintained.
Reliable
Nine

RatWA

RatWAAU

Terrible to start

Right from the new it has been a horror to start, I am a very fit person and have almost been brought to my knees by the thing,
The auto line feeder, the name is a joke, never has worked consistently, I would say 7 times out of ten I had to manually feed. In the end I bought a replacement head where you manually fit short lengths of line.
Once running it was fairly easy to use
A pain to start and auto line feeder never really did

N Tran
N Tran

harry18

harry18SANCTUARY POINT

very good product

Have a ryobi trimmer plt-3043A. I bought this on 3/8/2004 & have had very little trouble. However, with the rain we have had in our area I use this trimmer to cut the tall grass where I can'y get my ride on mower to cut. The line I use can do part of the job but where the grass is tougher no good. Does Ryobi have an accessory that could help me out eg metal blade or disc attachments.
reliable
the line is not tough enough in some circumstance

Terrible

useless has not been used much at all i am 75 years old and i need one that starts and runs with no stops i am now reverting to spade to keep weeds down
weight, style, was easy to start
hard to start starts and then stops as you go to use it cannot restart and give up

John20202020
John20202020

Sounds like the petrol is old - I had exactly the same problem due to deteriated petrol. Actaully, a really good string trimmer - I have had mine for a few years.

Good

Good buy so far. I live in a country area and use power tools at all times. Pity its two stroke,. Probably because of weight and cost but fully satisfied.
Ergonomically good as long as handle adjusted during use. Shaft length excellent for use in sweep cutting. Easy to start. Runs on idle all day (most thin grass can be cut on the idle using 2.0mm line).
Nothing to date.