Honda UMK425

Honda UMK425

UMK425U4U, UMK425LNU

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A G.

A G.North Western Region, NSW

I must have been unlucky

Purchased in December 2011 for $700.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Short grass

MDD

MDDMelbourne

Excellent for domestic work

I bought this about 2 years ago because my new property is too steep for a lawnmower. The whipper snipper has a bit of weight to it, but the balance is pretty good so you don't notice too much.

4 stroke is handy if you don't have any other 2 stroke machines. Doesn't often start first pull, but that may be due to stale petrol. That said, it usually only takes 2-3 goes to start.

It's pretty quiet for a whipper snipper, but ear protection is still recommended, especially at full throttle. It says 80dBA on the shaft.

I find I can cut thick long grass without any hassles, and so far it's been reliable. That said I only have it for domestic use.

Overall, it's expensive, but worth it if you value performance and no hassles.

Purchased in June 2017.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Tall grass and Thick, heavy grass or weeds
Yval

YvalPalmeston

Sturdy tool, great motor

This is so far the best (and the heaviest) whipper snipper we've ever had.
Quite heavy- and tall- especially if the head is full of fuel. This machine is very quiet, agile and the built is really, really sturdy. Since this one is new it is quite easy to start. We have about 600m2, and a lot of edges to trim. only use it for domestic purpose, maybe fortnightly. we clean it after every use, I hope this expensive machine will last long (it does come with a long warranty).
pro: good built, quite cons: heavy

Date PurchasedDec 2018

9 years of work

Hi i have mine for 9 years,a great machine,use it professionally.
Replace oil my self and ones a year new sparkplug!

She is getting old will buy the same one again!
Iam a private user.
Just here to help

Date PurchasedAug 2010

Chris U

Chris USouth East Queensland, QLD

The last brush cutter you need to buy!

Very easy to start, no need to choke unless it's super cold, just prime and pull. Relatively quiet at idle, but at full stick your neighbor isn't gonna care! The bump feed system is a little bulky/medieval but definitely does the job. A much better machine to use after installing a blade or alloy head. A little heavier than the 2 stroke competition, which gets quite noticeable after a days brush cutting. Kill switch is also easily bumped when in use. Oil service takes about the same amount of time as mixing a batch of 2 stroke would. Only regret is not buying the handlebar version!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Bushgarden

BushgardenNorth-East, TAS

Terrible design, not worth the money

Brushcutter is not easy to start, and it's unbalanced to hold when starting. Difficult to use cleanly, other people who are experienced using brushcutters have had trouble using it too. Doesn't do a big area before I need more line. Line extremely difficult to replace, even the mower/chainsaw/similar equipment specialty sales place where I bought it new had difficulty replacing the line. Doesn't bump as it should to release more line. The manual doesn't contain information on how to replace the line, annoying as the head design is not intuitive and is different from at least some other brushcutters. I bought what I thought was a top quality brushcutter but have been very very disappointed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2007

Chris

ChrisMelbourne

The absolute best

This was as the most expensive machine at Bunnings and to be honest i wondered if it was worth the extra. I'm super impressed with the build quality and just the way this thing runs. You hardly ever have to use full throttle and the unit runs smoothly and cuts well.

I did remove the guard as I find it hard to edge with it installed but I think that's common with a lot of machines.

I would 100% recommend this.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

noochdog

noochdogSouth East Queensland, QLD

when it brakes!!!!

Broke my kill switch and made a note on purchasing a new one ..was told at a mower supplier in the sunshine coast that i would have to buy the whole complete throttle handle...on closer inspection of the broken kill switch i noticed it is held on by a 3 mm plastic connection......so now i use it without the kill switch a little bit of masking tape here and there ...i might add it has had had little use... Apart from that i like it....

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Robbo

RobboNorth Queensland, QLD

Great stuff

Just bought this its power is above the rest .use less fuel economy. Its very heavy but the power compensate that.Easy tap base.had a cheaper brand only lasted up to 12 months. Should have bought this one first.great for domestic and commercial. Very happy and will recomend for the yardman.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Ben

BenBrisbane

Quality product

Date PurchasedJan 2018

PCJB

PCJBAustralia

Very Good

The Mower shop owner recommended this model when purchasing my mower for a 1/2 acre block. He said its the one he owned he he had the choice of many different brands and models.

Does what a whipper snipper should. Starts first time and can hold enough line to last many months around my block. Cuts through grass without revving high.

I now own a hedge trimmer attachment that fits this model so that I can trim some large hedges. Taking it off an on is a bit clunky but cheaper that running and servicing two machines.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Carol B

Carol Bmelbourne

A quiet powerhouse

I have only used the Honda once since purchasing, but so far am impressed! Starting is a breeze, and it is so quiet compared to the old Echo 2-stroke. Balance is pretty good and I can probably tweak that a bit once I get the harness in the right position. It was used for about an hour on VERY long, wet grass and weeds and didn't look like stalling. Pretty straight forward to refill the line and holds a good capacity to save frequent fills. It comes with a 4 year domestic warranty which is pretty amazing (though the dealer said I won't be needing the warranty - hope he is right). A free service thrown into the deal makes me happy. Oh - and I am a lightweight 60+ year old female !!!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Orvis

OrvisSydney

Never going back to 2 stroke after this.

Honda motors are legendary for a reason. Effortless starting fires up every time. 4 stroke power and torque cuts the grass without revving it full throttle. No smoke and endless starting problems like on a noisy and dirty 2 stroke. Brilliant bit of kit and has never let me down.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Danny

DannyHobart, TAS

Excellent Brushcutter

I have had this brush cutter for just over a year and I am very pleased with the way it cuts and the way it starts so easily. Very easy to maintain and any one can do a oil change.I bought the steel blade as well and this is easy and quick to fit.Very quiet being four stroke and good on fuel.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
BPOz_12

BPOz_12NSW, 2450

Quality product that does what is advertised

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Fish

FishUmina

Very reliable

I bought this machine about 6 years ago used and not running. I replaced the carby, fuel lines and spark plug. I use it every day for my mowing business and it runs perfectly every time. A the only things I have done to it since purchasing it are oil change, 1 air filter and 1 fuel filter. The gx25 engine doesn't rev as hard as a 2 stroke but it more than makes up for it with so much torque and fuel efficiency.

Date PurchasedOct 2011

Jonno

JonnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very competent machine that performs as well as a very good 2 stroke.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Arash

Arash

It works :-) but I'm not sure if it was worth the extra money over the bend shaft model

First of all I'm a noob when it comes to gardening and tools, initially I was going to buy the bend shaft model but after some research I settled on the straight shaft, it was $200 more expensive and I don't know if it's actually $200 better :-).
It works fine but I have issue with the line feeder, I'm pretty sure that it's my lack of knowledge/experience but so far I just manually pull out a bit more line with hands whenever it's needed.
From looking at some other brands/models, I can see that Honda has a very good quality and it's been put together solid and I hope that I wouldn't need to replace it for many years to come.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Mark

MarkOrmeau Hills

So good so far.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Jim in Adelaide

Jim in Adelaide

Like all Hondas, it does exactly what it should

Date PurchasedJan 2017