Honda UMK435
See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Powerful

• Doesn't make much noise

• Easy to use

Cons

• Harness isn't very durable

• Product is used
  • Safety
Uncle GTTasmania

$800 piece of rubbish.

Purchased in November 2015 for $800.00.

IanTasmania

Easy to use and start

recently purchased a Honda line trimer UMK425U for the garden, this trimer is very quite and easy to use as with most Honda's this comes with a easy start engine simply prime and pull the start cord, i have used this for a few weeks and normally starts first time, this is the quietest petrol trimer i have ever used and when you need more line the easy release cord supply makes it simple just tap the base of the cord despiser whilst running and the cord is feed from the spindle awesome machine

Purchased in June 2020 at Launceston Mower & Chainsaw Centre for $800.00.

Great machine

Great machine cutting grass at 6 feet + very thick grass and lantana and all the weeds and all the things you can imagine. this thing gets the job done so quiet and so much power. I was almost not going to buy it because it didn’t sound loud and powerful But it prove me wrong. I changed the oil after every use not because I have to because I want to and it has no oil filter and the oil is cheap so why not. feels a little bit heavy but I moved the handlebars and pull them back to the motor more than that made me feel like I’ve got more control Over it and took the heaviness out of it. The bum Feed is easy to use. The Harness is pretty crap get a Stihl one. I paid about 820 for mine pretty sure I got ripped off found online for 699

Purchased at Stihl Dealer for $819.00.

very costly to repair

HelloSunshine
HelloSunshineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been using this for own residential lawn for more than 7 years. It is an excellent product!

Been using this very regularly on own residential lawn & serious brush on a vacant lot for more than 7 years. It is an excellent machine! No issues so far. Starts up easily every time ... I sound like a product add :) Wore out the first bump feed head now after 7 years.

Purchased in March 2012.

Breathe in the air
Breathe in the airMid North Coast, NSW

Works well until an early death

Purchased in September 2016.

Rojimac
RojimacSydney, NSW

The Beast!!!

After years of using quality 2-strokes, I finally purchased a Honda and what a difference... So easy to start, very reliable, well built and a great machine to use. My only complaint (if I have to be picky) might be the extra weight, but that’s no real issue for me.
Honda, you’ve won me over for sure. I’ve replaced my Mower, Whipper, Hedger and Edger with Honda over the last few years whilst still keeping a Stihl blower and Stihl and Husqvarna chainsaws.

Purchased in April 2016.

Charbel
CharbelSydney, NSW

Perfect commercial trimmer

Split shaft 35cc trimmer purchased online what can I say it cuts through the thickest grass and does not slow down even in extreme heat can get heavy but I'm used to it the best trimmer on the market

Purchased in November 2018 at Honda Dealers for $500.00.

F.G.
F.G.Sydney

What a great addition to my yard tools.

Date PurchasedDec 2003

Jeremy S
Jeremy STownsville

The problem doesn't seem to be vacuum

Mine is 10 years old now. When working it is a great machine, problem is it was always dying under full throttle when hot and then other times it wouldn't run from cold. Last year I had one last go a playing around with carby, pulled it apart and scratched out a bit of gum, didn't replace any diaphragms only main gasket onto cylinder. Replaced ignition coil and spark plug, no difference. Had spark so fuel had to be the issue. Put compressed air back through the pick up filter in the fuel tank. Like a new machine, not sure what was clogging it as it didn't look dirty but can say for certain that was the problem. Annoying as like many I have searched for answers for several years and cursed the pig of a thing for longer than that.

Date PurchasedJune 2007
mr aussie
mr aussieSydney

I have had many brands of trimmers, this one is THE BEST

Bought mine 2nd hand, it had not been serviced for over 6 months and the guy who sold it to me was upgrading to a new Honda, I have only cleaned the filter, replaced the fuel , this Honda starts 2nd pull from cold and 1st pull on hot, runs and cuts like a dream, less vibration then other brands, less engine noise , more power at lower revs, well built, what more can i say, its so good to have a nice piece of quality equipment that is reliable.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
delicious cake
delicious cakevegas

For the money, its fairly average

When you pay $700 for a whipper snipper you think that it will be absolutely bullet proof for many years to come. The bump feed on this whipper snipper has stopped working twice. The first time we took it back to the dealer and they were able to fix it, and now it doesn't work again. So I have to wait until I can make the trip to my honda dealer again to get the issue resolved. It's not a very reliable machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
martin
martinCairns

This is a great machine..

I have used it professionally for years.. Cant fault it.. 2 Strokes make no sense for this kind of work , I see my stupid council in Cairns using 2 strokes burning my rates money and laugh/cry. Thanks Honda for showing us how it is done...

Date PurchasedSept 2012
Martin Thompson
Martin ThompsonToowoomba

Awsome Bit of Gear

I picked up a 2 yewr old second hand unit from our local Hon. da small engine dealer. I can only say I am impressed, it starts so easily and does not miss a beat. I have used both blade and cord on it in some very heavy going and it handles it with ease. The only downside I can see with this machine is that it is probably a bit too heavy for my wife to use.It would have to rate as a "big tractor" in the world of brush cutters.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

Fay T.
Fay T.asked
UMK435

How much do they sell for

Uncle GT

I paid just under $800 and they are still about the same price.
A quick google search bought up the following reseller at under $800:-

Smruti R.
Smruti R.asked
UMK435

What is the rod dimension ? Is it 26mm or 28mm size ? Can we fit Tiller Weeder attachment to it ?

Ian

check out the web site it should have the answer your looking for, it does come with a blade for brush cutting but it doest take attachments

George Peter P.
George Peter P.asked
UMK435

Honda grass cutter 435T starts well but when I squeeze on the trigger for more power it increases speed and suddenly looses its power or dies out. If I pull the wire again it start and after a few seconds loose power and stops. any ideas?

Kobo G.
Kobo G.

check the exhaust wire mesh, could be blocked by carbon

Tom
Tom

I've found mine must be creating vacuum in tank.When it starts to die loosen fuel cap for a second then tighten again.And it works fine till it makes another vacuum.Not sure how to remedy this as yet.

Grant M.
Grant M.

The carburettor needs a carburettor service kit run through it. Or you can buy a cheap carburettor on eBay, but not sure how long the diaphragm and pump will last.

Honda UMK435

Features:

• Available in two designs; a bike handle to minimise fatigue when working for long stretches of time, and a loop handle for more accurate trimming.
  • Mini 4-stroke engine delivers more torque/ power than a 2-stroke engine, while requiring less fuel to run - making Honda’s range of line trimmers energy efficient. Honda also claims that the UMK435 produces less smoke and noise than other brands’ brush cutters.
  • Fitted with features that are friendly to garden contractors, such as a 4-tooth metal blade, heavy-duty tap-and-go nylon head, and a 360-degree operation, allowing you to use this unit in any position.
  • Runs on Unleaded 91 petrol, with no fuel mixing required.
  • Includes two guards and a full operator harness.

What reviewers liked about the Honda UMK435:

Overall, reviewers appreciated this whipper snipper’s powerful performance when it came to cutting thick brush, grass, as well as lantana and weeds. Along with this, the easy and quiet operation of this Honda model proved to be another plus point for gardeners, especially as it didn’t compromise the trimmer’s power.

Other feedback:

Reviewers noted that the provided harness isn’t as solid quality as other brands’ harnesses, namely Stihl. A number of gardeners also observed that this line trimmer can become a bit heavy after extended periods of use.

Compare both Honda UMK435

Engine Type4-Stroke4-Stroke
Engine Displacement35 cc35 cc
Power1,200 W1,200 W
Cutting Head TypeBladeBlade and Line
FeaturesShoulder Strap and Vibration DampingShoulder Strap and Vibration Damping
Weight7 kg6.7 kg
Fuel Tank Capacity650 mL650 mL
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)
Release dateMar 2008Mar 2008