Ryobi RLM36 Series

See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Vicki S.Melbourne, Victoria

Rubbish

I bought this as I was sick of hurting my back trying to start the petrol mower but the catcher on this is just awful, I struggle to get it hooked/unhooked...hurting my back anyway! The catcher is a terrible design and when you finally remove it, huge wads of grass fall out from a chute on the mower which often needs clearing by hand. But the worst is that after just two uses, the mower will not turn on at all. The battery is fully charged, everything is as instructed, tips and tricks I found online have all failed. I will be returning it to point of purchase ASAP and would not get another Ryobi battery mower. Whoever designed the flimsy catcher should be made to sit and take it on and off all day as penance!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Eliza

ElizaCentral Queensland, QLD

ENGINE CUTS OUT FOR NO REASON

I was so excited to buy my Ryobi Lawn Mower at Bunnings. Bought it exactly 35 days ago. Second time l used it & 30 mins into mowing front lawn & it just started cutting out. It had 2 bars left in battery. I was doing everything by the manual ie: dont let go of handle. I recharged it for ten mins hoping that would breathe life into it. But no. So frustrating to stop/start & try to finish mowing front lawn. Note: first time it was used was 3 weeks ago. It is very dry up here so lawn doesnt grow fast like cooler climates. The time of day was from 5.40pm so temperature was not hot (around 28 degrees). It was not a big job....
Very disappointed in the Ryobi mower

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Sam Mac

Sam MacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Utterly useless. Possibly the worst thing I have ever bought.

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Wayne Cannon

Wayne CannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery Robbery

Looks like I'm not the only one to feel ripped off by Ryobi's rechargeable products. Only $300 to replace a battery that has lasted just 3 years! They suck you in to getting multiple products and sharing the batteries. But then you're just left with a heap of useful gear unless you pay through the nose. Do you think you're meeting your obligations under the Australian Consumer Law Ryobi? We'll see...

Purchased in December 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $649.00.

Pete

PeteSydney Surrounds, NSW

Mower good....replacement blades hard to get

Bunnings are telling me the replacement blades for my model are only 40CM when the blade I have on it now is 46CM......I always have to put in a special order for weed eater cord as well

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $699.00.

Mandy Fraser

Mandy FraserWarner

Best lawnmower ever

I’ve had this mower for 4 years and it still goes like the very first day, I love it it’s easy to start, light weight and reliable, the battery allows me to mow the front and quiet a large back yard before it runs out. I would recommend this to anyone.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Andrew H.

Andrew H.South East Queensland, QLD

Mower works ok but parts are impossible to get.

Blades wear very quickly and have been waiting 8 weeks nor for a very expensive replacement blade. Its a singe custom blade so you can not use a generic set. I will never get another Ryobi.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $699.00.

Alex M

Alex MMelbourne

Great electric lawnmower that get's the job done

Great maneavorable lawnmower that has a very easy start. Ideal for medium sized lawns. The battery is good enough for about 30-45 minutes of non stop mowing as long as the grass isn't too long. All in all a good purchase.

Purchased in November 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Ray

RayNorth Queensland, QLD

Not up to scratch

This is my second Ryobi mower. It won't cut buffolo grass low and won't throw grass into the catcher properly. My first was great but won't be buying another one.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Disappointed. Flimsy plastic deck.

Cut well the first two or three times. After hitting what i consider to be a small river stone buried in the lawn (30mm diameter max), a hole was punched through one side of the plastic deck. The next mow, same thing, opposite side. It still cut but didn't pick up as well. Just under 12 months on, it's dead and won't start. Replaced under warranty with a petrol Victa. I'll hold off till they work the kinks out of electrics.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Dave

DavePerth, WA

Broken Handle Unsafe

UNSAFE

The mower was fantastic until the handle broke whilst using the mower. The on button then got jammed with no way of shutting off the machine.

The chances of an incident occurring at the same time the handle breaks is low but never the less a design fault.

Purchased in September 2016 for $499.00.

swampy451

swampy451Canberra

Great mower with so small faults.

I have two medium lawn areas and this mower just powers through them. The battery gives me about 3 complete cuts of both lawns before needing to be recharged. I live on a very steep block and 2 people were needed to get my old Honda up to my rear lawn area. I can now carry this up one handed. Now for the nags. The way the catcher connects to the mower is a bit flimsy and has a tendency to fall of at times if you scrape up against something and the self propelling motors will give you quite some resistance to pulling the mower backwards unless you let go of the handles and push the last few feet of your cut. Otherwise it is well worth the money. Love it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $749.00.

Tupai

TupaiWollongong

Don't waste your money

Purchased in July 2015 for $620.00.

pretty ordinary

not happy with end result leaves stands of lawns i have a very small front lawn which only take 10 minutes to cut but on completion no matter how slow i push the mower it leaves individual blades of grass uncut driving me mad, tried going across lawn up and down but no difference. i hate the fact i spent so much money and get an terrible result

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Prettyelle

PrettyelleVictoria

Good electric mower

Bought it to replace my old Bunnings own brand electric mower because the battery type no longer available. This mower is a lot more powerful but about the same noice level as my older mower. The catcher is reasonable size, I guess you can’t have the catcher too big otherwise will be too heavy to push. No regret for paying a bit more for a much better product, as long as the battery life is long and always available if replacement is needed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Rexyv

RexyvADELAIDE

It's Very Good.

36cm cutting width is no worries, im not in a hurry. 70 square metres of rollout lawn to cut is no problem.
No trips to the servo for fuel, no oil mix,no pulling arm out of socket trying to start. Push a button and squeeze a trigger and it comes to life,you release the trigger it stops almost instantly.Its lightwieght.No smoke or noise,you could mow at 7am on a Sunday morning and I doubt neighbors would notice.
Purchased 10/10/2018
Keep your docket, and if you have a problem, take it back.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Ash

AshBrisbane

Love this mower!

I love this mower. My lawn is a slight slope, so generally you have to push a bit to get it up to the top of the lawn. However the self propelled feature is amazing! I didn’t have to push at all, and my lawns get cut in under half the time. I like the mulch option, so I don’t have to worry about the catcher. However there is a specific blade for the mulch option, and the original blade is on so tight that I can’t loosen it. So I just use the mulch attachment with the normal blade. It still works well. (And near impossible to find replacement mulch blades in the store.)

The lawnmower lasts a while on one charge, and is quick to charge when it does die. I love that it’s foldable and can be stored upright in a small space.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Peter L

Peter L

Exceeded my expectations

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Dave4life

Dave4lifeBrisbane

Not bad for small lawns quiet easy to use

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Lacks grunt

Today at Bunnings i Was really excited when I saw the cordless 36 volt option, at $599 I was expecting big things!
unfortunately on its first use it has underperformed horribly. Stopped 3 or 4 times on about 30sqm of grass.
30min of mowing and the battery is on the last bar.
Only good thing was maneuverability due to its light weight.
My grass is quite dense so this may be an excuse , I will let the battery charge overnight and give it one more go on the backyard, however I dare say i’ll be back at Bunnings by 10am changing it for a petrol model

Date PurchasedDec 2018