Ryobi RLM36 Series

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used:
    • Weekly (12)
    • Occasionally (7)
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life

Spoodge6Sydney, NSW

Works great (2 months)

Very light, very easy to start by just pressing a button and holding handle. I have thick (after recent rain) Walter buffalo and it handles it great. I mow fortnightly at 3rd level. Very easy to push. Only had it 2 months so can’t comment on longevity. Battery (5ah) lasts enough for standard front and rear yards these days. Only minor issue is catcher is a bit smaller than I’m used to but it doesn’t bother me.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Great until the battery gave up the ghost

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Brad G.

Brad G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would not waste your money on these batteries

Bought the mower from Bunnings, while the mower works great, the work needed to keep the battery working is beyond a joke given the technology in batteries. The fact that the 36v will go into hibernation mode an not recover unless you are “using the mower and recharging the battery every two weeks” as explained by a Ryobi sales rep at a Bunnings store is sign that the product is either cheap or Ryobi have no understanding how often people need to mow small yards. Bunnings won’t do anything unless u have the receipt for a mower bought less than 12 months ago, even with each individual mower being tracked by serial number into a store. Stay away

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $500.00.

Tez

TezMid North Coast, NSW

Never thought I’d buy a battery lawn mower

Light weight, I’d never go back to petrol again. I will mention don’t buy and expect to mow an acre of grass these are designed for smaller yards. I get around 65 minutes out of my mower. I was so impressed I bought the whipper sniper as well.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

AndreaAdelaide

Don't bother with Ryobi ...

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $750.00.

Claire Bear

Claire BearSouthwest, VIC

Reliable powerful 10 /10

• +3

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

dan30681

dan30681South East Queensland, QLD

Good idea but short of the mark

Plenty of power and good range. The catcher is a major letdown, it's difficult to get on and is angled up significantly meaning clippings don't get to the back of the catcher and they start coming back out in the grass before it is 1/3 full. The requirement to hold the Deadman levers while mowing is a bit silly too, no petrol mower ever had these. Also had two batteries fail within 12months and although they have Ryobi written all over them and the date of manufacture stamped into them, Ryobi won't replace them without a receipt.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $550.00.

Steven

StevenCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Buyer Beware

Purchased in September 2014 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Vicki S.

Vicki S.Melbourne, Victoria

Rubbish

I bought this as I was sick of hurting my back trying to start the petrol mower but the catcher on this is just awful, I struggle to get it hooked/unhooked...hurting my back anyway! The catcher is a terrible design and when you finally remove it, huge wads of grass fall out from a chute on the mower which often needs clearing by hand. But the worst is that after just two uses, the mower will not turn on at all. The battery is fully charged, everything is as instructed, tips and tricks I found online have all failed. I will be returning it to point of purchase ASAP and would not get another Ryobi battery mower. Whoever designed the flimsy catcher should be made to sit and take it on and off all day as penance!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Eliza

ElizaCentral Queensland, QLD

ENGINE CUTS OUT FOR NO REASON

I was so excited to buy my Ryobi Lawn Mower at Bunnings. Bought it exactly 35 days ago. Second time l used it & 30 mins into mowing front lawn & it just started cutting out. It had 2 bars left in battery. I was doing everything by the manual ie: dont let go of handle. I recharged it for ten mins hoping that would breathe life into it. But no. So frustrating to stop/start & try to finish mowing front lawn. Note: first time it was used was 3 weeks ago. It is very dry up here so lawn doesnt grow fast like cooler climates. The time of day was from 5.40pm so temperature was not hot (around 28 degrees). It was not a big job....
Very disappointed in the Ryobi mower

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Sam Mac

Sam MacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Utterly useless. Possibly the worst thing I have ever bought.

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Wayne Cannon

Wayne CannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery Robbery

Looks like I'm not the only one to feel ripped off by Ryobi's rechargeable products. Only $300 to replace a battery that has lasted just 3 years! They suck you in to getting multiple products and sharing the batteries. But then you're just left with a heap of useful gear unless you pay through the nose. Do you think you're meeting your obligations under the Australian Consumer Law Ryobi? We'll see...

Purchased in December 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $649.00.

Pete

PeteSydney Surrounds, NSW

Mower good....replacement blades hard to get

Bunnings are telling me the replacement blades for my model are only 40CM when the blade I have on it now is 46CM......I always have to put in a special order for weed eater cord as well

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $699.00.

Mandy Fraser

Mandy FraserWarner

Best lawnmower ever

I’ve had this mower for 4 years and it still goes like the very first day, I love it it’s easy to start, light weight and reliable, the battery allows me to mow the front and quiet a large back yard before it runs out. I would recommend this to anyone.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Andrew H.

Andrew H.South East Queensland, QLD

Mower works ok but parts are impossible to get.

Blades wear very quickly and have been waiting 8 weeks nor for a very expensive replacement blade. Its a singe custom blade so you can not use a generic set. I will never get another Ryobi.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $699.00.

Alex M

Alex MMelbourne

Great electric lawnmower that get's the job done

Great maneavorable lawnmower that has a very easy start. Ideal for medium sized lawns. The battery is good enough for about 30-45 minutes of non stop mowing as long as the grass isn't too long. All in all a good purchase.

Purchased in November 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Ray

RayNorth Queensland, QLD

Not up to scratch

This is my second Ryobi mower. It won't cut buffolo grass low and won't throw grass into the catcher properly. My first was great but won't be buying another one.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Disappointed. Flimsy plastic deck.

Cut well the first two or three times. After hitting what i consider to be a small river stone buried in the lawn (30mm diameter max), a hole was punched through one side of the plastic deck. The next mow, same thing, opposite side. It still cut but didn't pick up as well. Just under 12 months on, it's dead and won't start. Replaced under warranty with a petrol Victa. I'll hold off till they work the kinks out of electrics.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Dave

DavePerth, WA

Broken Handle Unsafe

UNSAFE

The mower was fantastic until the handle broke whilst using the mower. The on button then got jammed with no way of shutting off the machine.

The chances of an incident occurring at the same time the handle breaks is low but never the less a design fault.

Purchased in September 2016 for $499.00.

swampy451

swampy451Canberra

Great mower with so small faults.

I have two medium lawn areas and this mower just powers through them. The battery gives me about 3 complete cuts of both lawns before needing to be recharged. I live on a very steep block and 2 people were needed to get my old Honda up to my rear lawn area. I can now carry this up one handed. Now for the nags. The way the catcher connects to the mower is a bit flimsy and has a tendency to fall of at times if you scrape up against something and the self propelling motors will give you quite some resistance to pulling the mower backwards unless you let go of the handles and push the last few feet of your cut. Otherwise it is well worth the money. Love it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $749.00.