Ryobi RLM36 Series

Ryobi RLM36 Series

RLM36B40H, RLM36X40H40, RLM36X46S5, RLM36X50HP, RLM36B46L and 3 more

Mower works ok but parts are impossible to get.

Blades wear very quickly and have been waiting 8 weeks nor for a very expensive replacement blade. Its a singe custom blade so you can not use a generic set. I will never get another Ryobi.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $699.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Great electric lawnmower that get's the job done

Great maneavorable lawnmower that has a very easy start. Ideal for medium sized lawns. The battery is good enough for about 30-45 minutes of non stop mowing as long as the grass isn't too long. All in all a good purchase.

Purchased in November 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Not up to scratch

This is my second Ryobi mower. It won't cut buffolo grass low and won't throw grass into the catcher properly. My first was great but won't be buying another one.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Disappointed. Flimsy plastic deck.

Cut well the first two or three times. After hitting what i consider to be a small river stone buried in the lawn (30mm diameter max), a hole was punched through one side of the plastic deck. The next mow, same thing, opposite side. It still cut but didn't pick up as well. Just under 12 months on, it's dead and won't start. Replaced under warranty with a petrol Victa. I'll hold off till they work the kinks out of electrics.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Broken Handle Unsafe

UNSAFE

The mower was fantastic until the handle broke whilst using the mower. The on button then got jammed with no way of shutting off the machine.

The chances of an incident occurring at the same time the handle breaks is low but never the less a design fault.

Purchased in September 2016 for $499.00.

Product is used: Occasionally

Great mower with so small faults.

I have two medium lawn areas and this mower just powers through them. The battery gives me about 3 complete cuts of both lawns before needing to be recharged. I live on a very steep block and 2 people were needed to get my old Honda up to my rear lawn area. I can now carry this up one handed. Now for the nags. The way the catcher connects to the mower is a bit flimsy and has a tendency to fall of at times if you scrape up against something and the self propelling motors will give you quite some resistance to pulling the mower backwards unless you let go of the handles and push the last few feet of your cut. Otherwise it is well worth the money. Love it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $749.00.

Don't waste your money

I purchased this product a little over 3 years ago. It's an okay lawnmower that does have it's shortcomings which are pointed out in other posts on this website. It doesn't work well on a slopey site or on spongy grass.
The big drawback is battery life. A little over 3 years old and suddenly battery won't charge, flashing red and green lights on charger. Bunnings recommended I call Ryobi to discuss possibilities of warranty support as a new battery costs $300 and since buying the mower I purchased other Ryobi 36v products to the tune of $1000. I also had another 36v battery which came with the leaf blower/line trimmer, purchased within a couple of weeks of buying the mower and this battery also stopped working in the same week as the mower battery. So that's $600 to replace the 2 batteries!!!!!!
Ryobi were no help as the batteries were out of warranty. Gee thanks, $1000 worth of useless garden tools without batteries.
I have always been careful to treat the batteries in the recommended manner by not charging hot batteries nor doing quick top up charges on a half full battery.
Be warned, don't waste your money!!!!

Purchased in July 2015 for $620.00.

pretty ordinary

not happy with end result leaves stands of lawns i have a very small front lawn which only take 10 minutes to cut but on completion no matter how slow i push the mower it leaves individual blades of grass uncut driving me mad, tried going across lawn up and down but no difference. i hate the fact i spent so much money and get an terrible result

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good electric mower

Bought it to replace my old Bunnings own brand electric mower because the battery type no longer available. This mower is a lot more powerful but about the same noice level as my older mower. The catcher is reasonable size, I guess you can’t have the catcher too big otherwise will be too heavy to push. No regret for paying a bit more for a much better product, as long as the battery life is long and always available if replacement is needed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

It's Very Good.

36cm cutting width is no worries, im not in a hurry. 70 square metres of rollout lawn to cut is no problem.
No trips to the servo for fuel, no oil mix,no pulling arm out of socket trying to start. Push a button and squeeze a trigger and it comes to life,you release the trigger it stops almost instantly.Its lightwieght.No smoke or noise,you could mow at 7am on a Sunday morning and I doubt neighbors would notice.
Purchased 10/10/2018
Keep your docket, and if you have a problem, take it back.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Love this mower!

I love this mower. My lawn is a slight slope, so generally you have to push a bit to get it up to the top of the lawn. However the self propelled feature is amazing! I didn’t have to push at all, and my lawns get cut in under half the time. I like the mulch option, so I don’t have to worry about the catcher. However there is a specific blade for the mulch option, and the original blade is on so tight that I can’t loosen it. So I just use the mulch attachment with the normal blade. It still works well. (And near impossible to find replacement mulch blades in the store.)

The lawnmower lasts a while on one charge, and is quick to charge when it does die. I love that it’s foldable and can be stored upright in a small space.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Exceeded my expectations

I read some good reviews about this mower, and as I am getting older and finding it harder and harder to push my old mower especially on parts of my lawn that are require pushing uphill; with Chrismas around the corner I put in a request for the ryobi battery mower. It's a significant outlay so I hoped that it lived up to the hype.. I admit I couldn't wait and opened the box and tried it out this morning. WOW!!! I have a medium sized block mostly level but with some uphill areas.. the grass is slight wet today and long in places, my old mower would have died in a few spots without adjusting the height. The ryobi cut through it in most places easily, struggled a few places in long wet grass must soldiered on without stopping. I also tried out the mulcher which worked beautifully.. The mowing took a little over half an hour and at the end the battery still has half a charge left. I'm converted!! Time will tell whether it will stand up in the long haul, but first signs are excellent.. well done Ryobi..

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Not bad for small lawns quiet easy to use

Had it for about 2 years, bought the mower with battery pack and a charger, battery just died recently so bought another to test, staff at bunnings advised they would replace but on returning, a different staff member declined and said we needed the receipt or there was nothing they could do, and they couldn't just swap the battery as it was part of a pack, and stated they dont process warranties for ryobi there (they do as is stated on ryobi's website ). Fortunately had the receipt at home so returned with that and the whole mower / charger combo, only then did they offer to replace the battery!! Or we could take a new mower and battery pack! Obviously took the whole new mower / battery / charger option as the original had been thrashed a bit! Now have a new mower that's now eligible for the upgraded 6year warranty!
This mower easily does 100m2 yard area, I charge it about every 3rd mow.
Its quiet, easy to start and light.
As some have said it can struggle a little with thicker / longer grass but that's probably my fault for being lazy and missing a week of mowing!
Catcher is a little small but not terrible, it fills nearly twice for that size of yard which I'm ok with.
The plus side outweighs any negatives for me which are relatively menial.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Lacks grunt

Today at Bunnings i Was really excited when I saw the cordless 36 volt option, at $599 I was expecting big things!
unfortunately on its first use it has underperformed horribly. Stopped 3 or 4 times on about 30sqm of grass.
30min of mowing and the battery is on the last bar.
Only good thing was maneuverability due to its light weight.
My grass is quite dense so this may be an excuse , I will let the battery charge overnight and give it one more go on the backyard, however I dare say i’ll be back at Bunnings by 10am changing it for a petrol model

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Useless warranty

My Ryobi lawn mower is only 3 years old, it suddenly won't start one day. I've been told it is out of warranty and that it's not worth servicing. So I've basically spent $629 for a lawn mower that has lasted 3 years. Not to mention I've purchased extra batteries. Very unimpressed.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Great product - TERRIBLE service

For 30 months I loved using my Ryobi mower - and then it just stopped one day.

I contacted Ryobi to find out where I could get it fixed but the nearest location was 90 minutes away. Now I do not live remotely - living less than 2 hours from the centre of Melbourne. There is no service in Victoria east of Mt Waverley!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

User Friendly

go to bunnigns and ask the staff , they recommend this products and i just buy this one is very easy to use , not too noisy powerful is ok can't compare other more expensive petrol products, trim this grass is good , 5 adjustable cutting heights just can use level 3 , level 1 is hard, the battery is enough, but run time is less than they said, don't expect the battery can run a long time.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not powerful enough

Very poor power. Struggles with more than a lawn trim. Battery lasts about half the time mentioned, and then must cool fully to charge. Light and easy to maneuver, but only fit for very small yards with fine grass. Would be appropriate for twice weekly mowers or townhouses. Or buy 4 batteries.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Looks good - but adverts are sheer misleading..

I had purchased myself multiple ryobi products sadly to be let down and out 5k+
I had lectured bunnings, and sent ryobi an email demanding realistic appeal...
I forked out a arm n a leg to by a mower/line trimmer blower and angle grinder... Had a decent job to get down, and had to by separate chargers and battery's (hidden costs) had all charged text book instructions ... I didn't get more then 4 or 5mins a peace, I went back to purchase there largest battery pack @$200 and it gave me enough power on charge for 15 sq meters after spots of a few meters done prior, angle grinder was the best gave me 5 cuts on full charge trampoline poles "125mm 5 cuts before flat battery. Took me 24+ hours to do a mornings tasks.... Next day I returned what I could I smashed my mower to peaces was angry... X wife done my head in so slow,, went to bunnings spent $88 bucks hired everything petrol or power and took me 1 hour .. To complete all jobs compared to stopping starting wasting hours charging... Getting no where, in several years when battery's technology is worthy of yaka.. I'm sure we may get entry level satisfaction... End of the day I recommend ryobi range for concrete jungle apartments with minimum maintenance required. Nothing more. A band aid if that.. However they are attractive... A mains power adapter instead of battery's, with a extension lead far superior and make the most of ryobi without being let down by battery's 24/7.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Fantastic product

Effortlessly cut my 110m2 lawn evenly. This lightweight product glides over the grass where my old petrol mower would get bogged down and cut unevenly.

The ryobi cuts all at the same height and even thicker patches the blades just glide through.

Battery after doing g the lawn was still 3/4 full.

Date PurchasedNov 2018