Ryobi RPW140-G

• Safety

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Had 2 so far both are faulty

After taking the time to put it together, it gave a short hum and then nothing. Got it replaced and the same thing happened again. Total rubbish. Got the impression the sales rep will not be surprised to see me tomorrow when I return it. Shame Ryobi are usually reliable.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

SWiltim

SWiltimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent clean

Cleaned patio beautifully. It is a slow clean and I ended up getting the patio cleaning attachment to go with it to save time. But using the latter to clean the worst dirt off then targeting stubborn stains and mould with the main cleaner brought up old pavers beautifully. I'm glad I did not buy a cheaper cleaner with less pressure.

Purchased in February 2020.

GussAPerth, WA

Low pressure cleaner

NoelPerth, WA

Lives up to expectations

Purchased in December 2019 for $129.00.

MandaHill

MandaHillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldnt take the skin off custard

Very disappointed in this product.
For something that is 2000psi it didnt even take kids chalk off bricks.
Took it back to Bunnings for a refund.
Dont recommend it at all. You get what you pay for with this product.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

PaulandJaneCentral, SA

The continual working pressure & flow it provides is as described on the box.

• +1

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

Steve B.

Steve B.Darwin, NT

Best $89 spent

Purchased for cleaning walls and floors around the house we are renovating. I've never used any other domestic pressure cleaners, only industrial ones. However I am impressed with the performance of this unit. It has saved me countless hours, I have given it a good work out over the last few months, at times running it non stop for an hour or more! Comes with a 4 year replacement warranty, so figured can't go wrong for $89 at bunnings, but it has impressed me. Works great with truck wash for washing the cars too. If more pressure is required I would expect to pay more than $89... I would happily recommend to anyone.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $89.00.

Paul V

Paul VHunter Region, NSW

Not Much Pressure for 2000 psi

Bought this unit from Bunnings to clean pool pavers, driveway etc.Yes it will clean but "fan" set very narrow, when you open "fan" to expand "cleaning area" pressure just drops and it takes forever to do various jobs. Very average performer.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

Safety

Does not do what is expected

Bought this to clean old flaking paint off a deck and clean moss off my cement pathway.Fails dismally in both respects.Frankly disappointed with it.Had a cheap pressure washer years back that worked better.

Purchased in July 2019 for $199.00.

Gareth

GarethPeel, WA

Worked great, for 5 minutes.

I upgraded to this Ryobi unit as my Homelite packed it in after 3 months. I was excited by the look of this unit and the 2000 psi it produced. I put it together and got into cleaning my car which was going well. After literally half the car (5 minutes) I pulled the trigger and nothing.. I unplugged it let it sit for 15 minutes, plugged back in still nothing. Tried again but waited 30 minutes still nothing! The unit just wouldn't turn on at all. I tired not using the extension lead and tried different power points but to no avail.
Took it back to Bunnings for an exchange to a different brand.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

Bob

BobSydney

Great machine for cheaper price

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

shootingstar

shootingstarWOULDN'T U LIKE 2KNOW, Nsw

Did the job

Cleaned 10 years plus of dirt from driveway. It was black before it's looking pretty white & clean now! Light weight, easy to move around with the wheels, more powerful than i thought. Yes I recommend
this product if it cleaned my driveway it could clean almost anything!! Haven't used the patio cleaner yet will update review later! The second photo shows the dark areas on left & right side of driveway is sandstone that i have not yet cleaned! EDIT: 10 months after purchase still going strong cleaned roof tiles! I'm on tank water pressure is still awesome in this machine water pump is a Davey. Two 30 metre gardena hoses joined made it to end of my path :):):)

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

atomic_maton

atomic_matonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good economical high water pressure cleaner

This high pressure cleaner is quite good. From the box, the user manual has clear and simple pictures to help you set-up the waster. It is compact, has all the hooks and compartments for you to hang your power cord or wand hose.
Performance is adequate. It only has one nozzle, although the nozzle tip can be adjusted (like a hose) to either be a strong single jet stream, or fan out to be a wider 'chisel'. There is also a second ring on the hose nozzle that controls the strength of the water 'blast'.
So overall, I would say it's not as good as the 'industrial-grade' washers, but for $120 from Bunnings, it's a bargain.

Marion Johnson

Marion Johnsonasked

How do I get the soap washing option to work. Ryobi Hugh Pressure RPW140-g.
I have read the manual twice but the instructions are incomplete.
Purchased today, but I’m not happy with the failure of the soap option.

Wendy C

Wendy Casked

We bought the RPW 140-G and the straight brush attachment. Used it to wash the car but the brush constantly swivels. Very awkward to try to operate and keep the brush from turning and scratching the duco. Is it supposed to swivel?

Noel

Sorry Wendy, I cannot answer this question as I have not purchased or used the straight brush attachment for this washer.

PaulandJane

I'm also sorry Wendy but I've no experience or knowledge of this attachment. I do wish you well and how that someone can give you the answers you need.

Yours sincerely
Paul Bourke

malc

malcasked

I want to move from Karcher to Ryobi - will Karcher accessories fit the Ryobi machines?

PaulandJane

I don't think all of them will, I can't be absolutely sure of this because I've never owned a karcher. The ryobi uses standard M22 screw in, hose fittings on the machine end which I think karcher also use but I think on the wand/lance/gun end of the hose they are different. I think this is the case with just about all domestic use pressure washers. It's easy enough to work around though, I think the karcher also use M22 fittings on the machine end of the hose, if I'm right about that then you'd just have to keep the karcher hose, install that on the ryobi machine when you wanted to use the karcher stuff and do the same for when you wanted ryobi accessories. Cheap and nasty pressure washers eg JetUSA use entirely proprietary fittings on everything so one can't do this with them.

Hi Malc,
The short answer is no.
I found nothing is interchangeable between the K2 and Rpw140-G.

Noel.

GussA

Stick with Karcher is my recommendation. I thought of same but was disappointed with Ryobi, went back to Karcher which works out of the box.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives