Ryobi RPW140-G

• Safety

J. Maxwell
J. MaxwellSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a Piece of Rubbish

Bought this machine from Bunnings in December 2019. Used it twice, and it worked perfectly. Then, on the third occasion, water started leaking through all the screw-holes in the gun/lance. This leak became a flood, and soon there was more water coming out sideways, than in front. So, back to Bunnings to get a replacement gun/lance under guarantee, only to be told that it was a "consumable item", and not covered. Ended up buying a brand new gun/lance.... plugged it in....switched it on....and (you guessed it) water started to leak out of all the screw-holes again!
Its the old adage - you buy cheap, you get cheap.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Nicholas L
Nicholas LSydney, NSW

This is without question one of the worst products ever purchased. Buyers beware and read the reviews.

I have used a Karcher for many years and this is without question the worst product I have ever used. Has left extensive damage to wood and sandstone. Does not leave a smooth consistent finish. Handle is hard to hold and to short plus the nozzle for adjusting the angle of spray is so sensitive that it leaves a highly inconsistent appearance.
Please read every review on here before considering buying it.
I want to put it on the street to re gift it but almost feel that that is unfair.
Buyer beware!

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Online Store for $140.00.

Craig H
Craig H Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Horrible

Didn’t really do the job well at all and then stopped working a week after it’s warranty ran out. I only used it on outside walls and to wash my car and bike
Doing by hand was faster and did a better job

Purchased in February 2020 for $399.00.

pissed off
pissed off

Stay away from this waste of money

Don't break the gun as you cant find a suitable replacement anywhere...ANYWHERE....no aftermarket products will suit this waste of money, I've given up wasting more money trying to find suitable parts for this...UTTER WASTE OF MONEY.....ill repeat...don't waste your money...it will work ok until something breaks....you've been warned.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $200.00.

Scott Tee
Scott TeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible product and service. Find a better alternative.

The pressure cleaner itself doesn’t do a bad job but the hose design is absolute rubbish. It doesn’t wind up properly and as a result the hose fails. I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. I contacted Ryobi and apparently the 4 year warranty is actually on 3 months on the hose and costs half the cost do the machine to replace. Poor product backed by even poorer backup and service. Avoid at all cost.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

JosephMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It’s insane that so many fools broke TWO Ryobi products

This Ryobi pressure washer come with 5 year warranty (3+2)! I have quite a few Ryobi brand tools. They assure my job finish smoothly, never disappointed me! I think Ryobi is made in HK, not PRC (in political term they are one country, but still different). I will buy this tomorrow. I trust Ryobi.

Purchased in December 2020 for $139.00.

Consumer70Sydney, NSW

Good Jet Washer

I bought this jet washer today and tried it immediately. I used it for almost 2 hours continually to clean my courtyard.
This washer is fit for purpose and represents value for money. I disagree with the negative review in this products.

Jim
JimPerth, WA

Used parts found in sealed box

Havent used yet but after opening within an hour of purchasing, found that the hose had scuff marks, a split and corrosion on ends. Not a good start, will be returning hose tomorrow. Cant say if it was supplied to bunnings like that but more likely someone bought, swapped out hose and returned. More thorough return quality most likely needed by bunnings staff / ryobi rep. Hopefully deteriation of hose isnt a sign of things to come.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $139.00.

Stefano Cioni
Stefano CioniSydney, NSW

good for the price

surprised there are so many bad reviews here. I wonder if the setup was correct and in particular the pressure was released (as instructed) before first use. for $139 cant complain, makes light work of mundane difficult jobs like scrubbing the patio, washing car wheels

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Margo
MargoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Piece of Junk

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Longbach
LongbachPerth, WA

Lasted one 5 minute wash

I managed to wash my motorcycle once with the the RPW140-G before it lost pump pressur (the cause of not being a blocked nozzle as the Ryobi Youtube video suggests). After a refund I'll be buying another SP Tools / AR Blue clean AR120 with a metal pump from Toolmart, the last one we bought is still going strong after years

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Don
DonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Brilliant machine !

I can't comment on longevity, only had it a week, but it has been used to clean the cement driveway and paths. Also the mouldy fibreglass on the carport came up like new. Used it on the car and roller door. Has never missed a beat and maintains very strong pressure throughout. Only problem I have is continuously holding the trigger down seems to trigger arthritis symptoms and gets quite tiring. I will devise some sort of clamp to fix this. Cost me $139 at Bunnings and I reckon Ive got my moneys worth already !

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

jinto
jintoSouth East Queensland, QLD

ryobi does not sell accessories Oring

I bought pressure washer 3 years ago.
there was leaking from the connector to the gun caused by o rings failure.
bunnings stated O rings doesn't cover under warranty.
bunnings would not have proper size o rings with correct size thickness. no luck with other shops
the only option is to buy whole Steel Armed Hose will cost $ 41 where as O ring only cost 2 dollar

Purchased in August 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

Gary
GaryNorth-West & West coast, TAS

2nd unit both faulty

About to take my second unit back to Bunnings for a refund. Both units are blowing air through the unit which is obviously leaking somewhere within the unit. Have replaced (unnecessarily) all the hose fittings and had made two extra trips to Bunnings (80 KLM's). Need to send all the remaining products back to China.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Gary R.
Gary R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Saved my Time

I am totally satisfied with this pressure water I bought from Bunnings In Hopperscrossing. I need to paint my Garage & Alfresco floor which was full of dust. With the help of Ryobi Presure Gun my job finish so quick and the result came so brilliant. $120 is worth spending on this machine as now I am going to clean my driveway and also can wash my cars too.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $120.00.

Brian J.
Brian J.asked

Why does my machine run for a few seconds the stops??

Hi Brian,
It happened to me too, initially, when I had only partially opened my water supply tap. When I fully opened the water supply tap, thus increasing the water supply flowrate and pressure, this issue was resolved and I could use the jetwasher for over 2hours. I believe this jetwasher, like many pumps out there, has a minimum water supply flowrate and pressure requirement. You can read up on topic related to pumps NPSHA. Hope this helps.

Joseph

Some tap connector is single direction, when there is no (or not enough) water flow, the machine stops

Brian J.
Brian J.asked

My machine runs for a few seconds then stops,

Charles
Charlesasked

When washing car how can i rinse it if still have soap in container? can i stop soap from being sucked up with water?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Available for $139 at Bunnings, this 2000PSI or 140-bar medium-duty pressure cleaner can be used to thoroughly clean vehicles, paths, driveways and decks.

This Ryobi model features a flow rate of 6.67L per minute, equivalent to 400.2L per hour. It’s equipped with a lance with an adjustable nozzle, allowing you to choose the correct pressure for the task at hand.

For example, if you’re cleaning your car, you’d adjust the pressure down to 1000-1500PSI. Once you’re done and ready to blast away grime in the pavement, you can then switch to the turbo nozzle. An in-built soap dispenser allows you to achieve an especially thorough clean.

CategoryElectric Pressure Washers