Sachs Madass 50 / 125

Sachs Madass 50 / 125

125 and 50

See the Best Naked Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

at last sensible!!!!!!!

first saw the Madass in Europe about 2004 . could not believe it. thought someone had left their bike out and it had been striped by BAD people.what an excellent concept "lets build a bike without all the bells and whistles and other crap that people don't want, and we will watch how the sales go. if we don't sell any, we can add a bell or a whistle or two afterwards.......its about time more manufacturers started taking this road. Why make a let handed screwdriver , if the screw is right handed. ..... love the Madass, back to basics ...no complications'

Date PurchasedMar 2004

reliable fun ride

I had my bike for 7 years and absolutely loved it. I got it serviced every year with Braaap. It cost me $1800 with 2,500kms on the clock. Really easy handling and great cornering. When commuting I'd spend about $6.50 a week in petrol, which was cheaper than the bus.

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Simon

Simon

Solid performer in its class

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Led

Ledsydney

DONT BUY PLEASE!!!

I got this as my first bike due to it looking cool.
It was slow!!!!!! and weak!!!!!
I cringed at the red lights like another reviewer.
Only good for taking around the block and practicing on Ls.
Ive had other stronger bikes since then, CBR250r as well as the ninja.......
I STRONGLY reccomend not wasting money on this.
Only pro is that it showed me the fundamentals of biking.

Great concept, crap manufacture

Simply put,,, I love my bike or at least the frame design. The motors not great at all,, so I got rid of it. The brakes locked down. Had to rebuild whole system. Fender fell off at stop light. The bolts corrode really quickly and strip out. Fortunately I like working on bikes so doing a complete rebuild isn't that big a deal to me. But that makes it a kit bike per se,,, not a finished ready to ride regularly bike. For 2700.00 I expected better work,,, I could have bought the x-keleton trickster for 1100.00 which is the same bike but even more poorly built. Unless you're a mechanic with patience or have a bunch of money to throw at it,,, don't get it.

Cheap fun riding

I live in southern Thailand, have had a MadassXX 125 for 3 years. It get ridden daily dirt and tar, and caned when I'm pissed. I change oil every 1000 k's check nuts bolts regularly, and lube chain weekly. Only problem broken clutch cable after 6 months, no other major drama's tune yourself, good fun would buy another one no drama.

10500 k

i have had my 125 5 years and had a ball on it travel 50k a day it just keeps going i will recmond it to all just one oil leak but a $5 seal fixt it. have fun ride one today.Handles really well even over potholes and stops quickly
just a grate little bike
just one oil leek

david

i have still got the beast just done a run on to 600k round trip 2.5L 100k just keeps going must have got a good one.

david

Just done a ride through the flinders range south australia over 3 week 1500km most on dirt no problem

Garbage on two wheels

Capstan

CapstanSydney

Fun but shocking quality

great little bike

easy on gas, nippy 125 engine, great looks, easily fits anywhere parking / roads / traffic strong built
easy to maintain and clean. ride it off road sometimes, small trails. easily customization, parts from oo racing from england. reaches speeds of 110kph (my bike is moded) coming up on 8000 kms and still going strong :D

Fails every time

had to change mirrors rims and bearings although had only 1200kms

mirror fell off twice mounting bracket is broken cracked!!! from nothing but refular / normal use!!

i ride short distances to uni on this and my magna has been more reliable than this piece of junk.

last repairs cost me $250 just to change fork seals!!!

what a waste of space avoid avoid avoid

mine is the 50cc version not enough power to pull a 60kg person like me

expensive for parts, unreliable

I have had the 50cc version of this bike, the starter fried the electronics not once, but twice, costing me $600 in repairs.

Carburater stock always floods the engine, no matter how much its serviced or tuned by the workshop. Suspect its the air filter but even changing it makes no difference.

Stay clear of this bike, the buddy who recommended me the bike also has his sold for next to nothing now. Couldn't sell mine until I lowered the price for less than half what I bought it.

the 125cc version could be better, but two bikes I know of 50cc is terrible!
minimalistic

Good

Could have some fun if it was hotted up OOracing from England is the place for parts.
Fuel Economy (if below 80 kph) great!!
Disc brakes are excellent
Lighting at night excellent
got myself an xr 600 now
Boght mine from motorcycle revoloution in S.A. and havent had a problem!
Odometer reads 3500kms and i purchased in '08, major reason for purchase was high fuel prices $1.85!. Commuting to work WAS fun, in a 80kph zone it is
Commuting to work was fun, in a 80kph zone it is near its limit (95kg rider), feel gay riding it and i "cringe" when im at the stoplights. Extremley poor rubber material on bike and a shocking air filter system.

Terrible

I brought a 125 a year ago and had nothing but troubles with it and the shop actual sold me a secondhand damaged bike - I should have check it properly but all excited. My carbi gets stuck open, the headlight fell off and most of the screws have fallen out. I complained to FairTrade and they said they can't do anything either though I had TV footage of the bike shoot the day before I brought it showing the damaged. Motorcycle revolutions on South Road in SA can not be trusted either can the deptartment of fair trade.
Looks cool and it is a manual
Service and the shop I purchased and the Dept of Fair Trading

Terrible

Dont buy this bike. It may look great but looks dont get you to and from work.
I just wanted to add this in, so you dont think Stephen26's position is unique. Dont make the mistake we did.
Looks Good
My model also had major issues, electrical, brakes locking on and gearing problems, it has not moved in 6 months. The dealer i bought it from seem to have no idea, I was offered $1500 by the dealer to buy it back, it was only 6 months old 1000 ks.(looks like i should have taken it) i also have a dept of fair trade tribunal about to start and i am hoping for some kind of result